Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:00:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 [1435] 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:55:14 PM

"Hi,

We are aware that some customers are trying to sell their placement in the queue, whilst charging an extra fee to their buyer for this service. Whilst this is most likely a scam, it is entirely unfair to the customers already in the queue system and also unfair to others who did not get a chance to purchase a miner from us, thus we cannot endorse this in any way.

When a refund takes place, the customers behind them in the queue move up one place, which we believe is the fairest solution for all.

If any refunded Neptune miners do become available for purchase, we will add these to our web shop in due course"

we're scammers now...hehehe
"it is entirely unfair to the customers already in the queue system"
must be what you mean....
and I totally disagree with him, of course...   why?  The existing que customer paid less, therefore has an advantage.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:05:01 PM

I totally disagree with him, of course...   why?  The existing que customer paid less, therefore has an advantage.

Right, was it fair to have both TIME and price advantage? Usually it is one or another, but both? It felt unfair for sure.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:08:36 PM

I totally disagree with him, of course...   why?  The existing que customer paid less, therefore has an advantage.

Right, was it fair to have both TIME and price advantage? Usually it is one or another, but both? It felt unfair for sure.
I doubt Sam or Marcus told him to say that, seriously.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
MANofthePEOPLE

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:26:49 PM

Not surprised by the amount of refunds lately, actually expected more. With Cointerra, Black arrow and Bitmine all likely shipping prior to Knc it just seems like a very bad deal. Even with 30% diff jumps it won't be profitable and I doubt we'll see that in february and march.

Not trying to take a jab at those of you who decide to keep yours, I just think it's sad that Knc aren't even trying to let their customers make money
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:29:19 PM

yup, its official. I bailed. Sorry KNC, your success went to your head.
SantaMuerte

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:37:08 PM

oh, so we can sell the machines for them, but we're not allowed to profit?  hahaha good luck with that

I wonder if this is something in north european culture that we are missing? In US "speculation" or "profit" is not considered unfair or something bad.
link
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/acccounts/28538-rationale-of-refund-but-no-resale

To cut in line, no matter what, is considered really, really rude in Scandinavia.
We don´t do that shit.
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:40:00 PM

oh, so we can sell the machines for them, but we're not allowed to profit?  hahaha good luck with that

I wonder if this is something in north european culture that we are missing? In US "speculation" or "profit" is not considered unfair or something bad.
link
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/acccounts/28538-rationale-of-refund-but-no-resale

To cut in line, no matter what, is considered really, really rude in Scandinavia.
We don´t do that shit.

Cutting in line means increasing the number of people in the queue with 1.
Selling your pre-order to somebody else means you leaving the queue and somebody else taking your spot.
From all other people in the queue point of view nothing has changed.
How is that rude?
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:41:39 PM

link

We don´t do that shit.

i dont think you know what "cutting in line" means in reference to what we are talking about here...
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:42:35 PM

22nd January 2014, 10:35 AM
Hi guys,

At the moment priority number 1 is Neptune, but upgrade modules are most definitely on the cards. If you haven't already, please sign up to our newsletter on our website as this will be the first place that we announce any updates.

We hope to have some more information soon!
SantaMuerte

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:45:36 PM

link

We don´t do that shit.

Selling your pre-order to somebody else means you leaving the queue and somebody else taking your spot.
How is that rude?
From the all other people in queue point of view nothing has changed.

Except the bad after taste and the person behind you loose his opportunity to move up in the que (as agreed to happen if someone ask for refund). No serious business here in Scandinavia allows that shit, it´s unprofessional.
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 08:48:06 PM

Not surprised by the amount of refunds lately, actually expected more. With Cointerra, Black arrow and Bitmine all likely shipping prior to Knc it just seems like a very bad deal. Even with 30% diff jumps it won't be profitable and I doubt we'll see that in february and march.

Not trying to take a jab at those of you who decide to keep yours, I just think it's sad that Knc aren't even trying to let their customers make money

There is no reason to think they will all ship prior. In fact, there's good reason to think many of them won't ship at all. The reasons I'm referring to are KNCminer having delivered and the failure of others to do the same.

Anything can happen, but to make a statement like you have is erroneous. If you were to gather information and make an accurate statement, it would be that KNC is likely to deliver in the time frame in which they've outlined because they have made good on that promise in the past which is the only piece of information that is of any importance to this conversation(mostly because KNC has been so tight lipped). On the flip side, the only information we have that can indicate the likely outcome of other manufacturers is the fact that there have been multiple scams and failures.

As much as we'd all like to give more value to our emotional assessment of things, we must look at hard facts. There aren't a lot of them... which is why this thread is two billion pages long, people are jumping ship, and there is general panic overtaking some people. I believe much of this panic is because lots of these people have "invested" money they really shouldn't have. Others whom seem to respond much more intelligently and calmly are likely solid, financially, and indeed "speculated" with money they can afford to lose.

Do I want to lose 13,200 bux? No. Can I lose 13,200 bux and would my life not be impacted? Yes, but my "feeling" is that, as I read many of people's reactions, these individuals cannot say the same. If you are freaking the F out over not getting ROI in seven days you have some very rigid expectations.  Normalize your expectations and you'll find your perspective of this whole thing is a bit more sane.

My requirement? N O T H I N G. This is a complete gamble, and if you don't think it is you're freaking tripp'n!  Best case scenario expectation? BTC to da moon and diff between 5 and 10 b. What is my expectation for what I think is the likely scenario? Diff closer to 10b, price having moderately increase, perhaps 1,500 - 2,000. Worst case scenario is diff of 20 billion and price crash below 500. Do I think my "feelings" are correct? I haven't the faintest clue...
SantaMuerte

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:51:49 PM

In fact, there's good reason to think many of them won't ship at all. The reasons I'm referring to are KNCminer having delivered and the failure of others to do the same.

Dude, HashFast is shipping in bulk. Cointerra is like 99% ready. Bitmine has taped out and got their chips... you´re kind of looking like:

http://www.murdoconline.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/iraqi-information-minister.jpg
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:55:35 PM

link

We don´t do that shit.

How is that rude?

Except the bad after taste and the person behind you loose his opportunity to move up in the que (as agreed to happen if someone ask for refund). No serious business here in Scandinavia allows that shit, it´s unprofessional.

Not to mention that someone couldn't order because someone who didn't want one already had the spot and they sold out...so instead of paying retail for a machine from KNC they pay a premium from someone who may not be trusted and may not be able to support them as well as a direct KNC buy.
Some very greedy twats in this game. Seriously. Selling an in hand machine is different from a pre-order. Possibly this is one reason for a lot of refunds, they ain't re-selling their pre-orders as easily as they though so they baled out. Given the hassle that gives KNC compared to a normal legit order, and the fucking price going up for batch 2 for genuine customers who couldn't get into batch 1 because they all sold out and many went to the carpet baggers...how would anyone think this is a cool idea?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:16:46 PM

Is it a 100% refund you get from KnC inclusive the VAT and shipping cost?

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:20:50 PM

How is it different? Someone got Jupiter for 5K, but sells it for 12-15K on Ebay. Come on.
Life is unfair...someone did not log into computer at 6am in US or did not have 13k cash in the bank or something else.
In my opinion there cannot be one type or morality in one case (selling preorders) and another in the case of selling older/used machines.
If i bought iphone on ebay on day one for extra money, I would not pass judgement that someone "cut in line", I would say that the person did a service for me and I don't need to stay in stupid line for hours.
Besides, what is this stuff about "cutting in line"? How is this cutting in line when we already paid for it? It would be cutting in line if you sell your place in line, not AFTER your bank account got charged. If you paid for it-it is yours in any jurisdiction. Does free will ring a bell?
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 09:33:09 PM

In fact, there's good reason to think many of them won't ship at all. The reasons I'm referring to are KNCminer having delivered and the failure of others to do the same.

Dude, HashFast is shipping in bulk. Cointerra is like 99% ready. Bitmine has taped out and got their chips... you´re kind of looking like:

Sure, that's a good point. What percentage of the promises these manufacturers have made will hold up, in your opinion?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:42:41 PM

KNC doesn't collect VAT monies. Your government does; and you pay it AFTER it's shipped, so....no.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
CYPER

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:49:17 PM

KNC doesn't collect VAT monies. Your government does; and you pay it AFTER it's shipped, so....no.

You like to generalize, don't you  Grin

America is not the world  Tongue
In Europe if you are not VAT registered you pay VAT, which KNC collects on behalf of each country tax office Wink
CYPER

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:53:07 PM

link

We don´t do that shit.

How is that rude?

No serious business would make promises that it is not certain to keep, but KNC does.
I can tell you a few other unprofessional things done by KNC, but that would be pointless.
MANofthePEOPLE

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:05:19 PM

You like to generalize, don't you  Grin

America is not the world  Tongue
In Europe if you are not VAT registered you pay VAT, which KNC collects on behalf of each country tax office Wink

Well you haven't paid any VAT yet though, I suppose? Here in Sweden you pay customs fee's when shipped.

Anyone of you considered having someone swedish pick it up and write down the value for customs btw? Would increase the value of it quite a bit
Pages: « 1 ... 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 [1435] 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: