Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 [1559] 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:32:37 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 12:48:28 AM by Searing

... so basically, KFC got the bitcoin community to fund their mining farm?

er YEP

(ponders the wisdom of Neptune order....concentrates on Navel .....ohmmmmmm....ohmmmm..)

nope didn't work still pissed at KNC

Searing

If you want an update on the datorhall, here are some interesting pics. They seem to be from an article posted about 2 days ago but can't access it as it's behind a paywall http://kuriren.nu/nknyheter/sa-har-ser-datorhallen-i-boden-ut-7530864.aspx

They won't embed as images using IMG tags for some reason (?), so just links.

http://img2.kuriren.nu/public/img/7531297/0321172520.jpg
http://img1.kuriren.nu/public/img/7531299/0321173211.jpg
http://img3.kuriren.nu/public/img/7531298/0321172520.jpg

Every rack appears to be full and hashing, as far as the eye can see.

wow, seriously ppls, stop giving them interest free loans. these assclowns don't deserve any support.

I did resist the Titan (No Refunds) I think when they start not doing NO REFUNDS a lot of their imagined user base will disappear...with all the over ordering due to the safety of "refunds' (I myself am guilty of that) ...they may be shocked that people are not ordering nor interested in taking all the gamble ...be it physical miner delivery (or info on such would be a nice change) or same for a Virtual Miners setup.....

shooting anyone cash w/o at least some chance of a refund...will just lead to more of this silliness (ie farm first customer units second)

of course if they are gonna go the 'all farm route" it don't matter...then they control how much equip/hash they put into it depending on what they are bringing in

so this all may be a moot question......we built the farm....but got kicked off the land for future equip purchases....we can share crop from now on but thats it

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3843

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:37:07 AM

I was thinking about changing one Neptune order to Titan, but looking at these pictures-not so sure anymore.
1. They could put Titans in the same datacenter before sending any to us. Who would argue that they not do that for a couple of months? Seriously, after all that happened already, I would say that chances are pretty good that they will.
2. Since there is virtually no market for LTC other than changing to BTC, I would predict that once large hashing with Titan and alpha ensues, LTC/BTC ratio will be depressed further as most people will be selling LTC and buying BTC
or converting LTC to $$/euro.

BTW, one of the pictures is an absolute horror show with endless rows of Jupiter modules hashing. I think that this operation is what actually currently depresses BTC price because, obviously, they are producing gigantic numbers of bitcoin, which they probably immediately sell for $$. In a thin market this means lower prices.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:45:23 AM

I wonder why they are so scared of selling a few upgrade boards to existing customers ?
I only want 2.
It's not like we would be big competition to them.  Roll Eyes

And that sir is why I am done with these pricks.
They aren't willing to share a 1/100000th of the wealth with their customers.

And the slower they deliver the neptunes the more money they make.

sad but true.....sad but true

most damning thing is the lack of info..if they let us in on their plans to migrate to virtual mining that is one thing....
we would have had some info to make an informed choice...but just this silence and build in the background.....well.....again....sad but seems true indeed
they really don't give a damn.

I think I posted this before they refuse in email to confirm or deny they will make any further BTC machines after the Titan
the customer service person at KNC did state she would kick the concerns up the line..in that i pointed out with their past
statements of going "commercial due to large electrical demands of their miners" comment.....does that mean they are out
of physical miners being made and it will be 'commercial" BTC miners in the future after the Titan (ie commercial btc ...ltc still
can get equip but no refunds on Titan)

anyway at least the customer service person thought it was worth kicking up the line it will likely go no place my somewhat
mild 'what the heck' email rant

on the other hand KNC sent me a nice E-mail saying "Happy Birthday" that makes up for all the silence right?

sheesh

Searing

I was thinking about changing one Neptune order to Titan, but looking at these pictures-not so sure anymore.
1. They could put Titans in the same datacenter before sending any to us. Who would argue that they not do that for a couple of months? Seriously, after all that happened already, I would say that chances are pretty good that they will.
2. Since there is virtually no market for LTC other than changing to BTC, I would predict that once large hashing with Titan and alpha ensues, LTC/BTC ratio will be depressed further as most people will be selling LTC and buying BTC
or converting LTC to $$/euro.

BTW, one of the pictures is an absolute horror show with endless rows of Jupiter modules hashing. I think that this operation is what actually currently depresses BTC price because, obviously, they are producing gigantic numbers of bitcoin, which they probably immediately sell for $$. In a thin market this means lower prices.

er you forgot the big one imho ...it will be all on YOU if they are late or stock their LTC farm early (they will have an LTC farm to....lets be real here)
they have NO REFUNDS ON THE Titan .you change your Neptune order to a Titan.....you are stuck...or better have a good idea that Alt coins are gonna
take off as a guess or something

me that is why I passed on Titan...lack of info on Neptune to the point it is getting obvious they don't or can't say when they will arrive...the announcement of the Titan once their Batch 3 Neptunes stopped selling (also no refunds if i remember right?...correct me if i'm wrong) and of course the Titan vaporware (so far) itself with NO REFUNDS

seen this stacked deck before formerly looking like same deck as BFL uses....ie their 'marked' deck

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 12:48:46 AM

They know the score, and that's why they offer no refunds for the scrypt miner. Titan will kill all scrypt mining since its only alleged advantage is that it is not mined by ASICs. Once ASICs are mining it in vast quantities, the only people who will have any interest in LTC and friends are those who already own a lot of it. If there is no real advantage or purpose to LTC and the profit margins for mining disappear and turn into absolute losses, those who preordered with a no-refund policy will get royally shafted.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:52:56 AM

BTW, one of the pictures is an absolute horror show with endless rows of Jupiter modules hashing.

As PsychoticBoy said, it's disgusting. It really is.

Not more than 5%? This datorhall is probably big enough to be 100%+ of what they shipped to customers.

All our earnings are disappearing because we are competing against this (I copied it to imgur so I could embed it):

Thanks knc - assholes Angry

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:08:42 AM

BTW, one of the pictures is an absolute horror show with endless rows of Jupiter modules hashing.

As PsychoticBoy said, it's disgusting. It really is.

Not more than 5%? This datorhall is probably big enough to be 100%+ of what they shipped to customers.

All our earnings are disappearing because we are competing against this (I copied it to imgur so I could embed it):

Thanks knc - assholes Angry

I hope the Neptune fails miserably and ends up costing Knc a lot of money. The only saving grace here is the fact that Knc's 28nm chip is not that power efficient and has already been surpassed by several competitors. It's also harder to successfully scale a mining operation as it grows in size.

Miners are not powerless against Knc and can request refunds! Also, please don't be stupid and give them anymore money for their massive farm by pre-ording a Titan! Miners can also support good competitors like Bitmain and try to slow down this Knc Goliath.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:15:49 AM

... so basically, KFC got the bitcoin community to fund their mining farm?

Like they did for every other bitcoin asic manufacturer. (see bitfury and i bet that every company has its own small farm)

I hope the Neptune fails miserably and ends up costing Knc a lot of money. The only saving grace here is the fact that Knc's 28nm chip is not that power efficient and has already been surpassed by several competitors. It's also harder to successfully scale a mining operation as it grows in size.

Miners are not powerless against Knc and can request refunds! Also, please don't be stupid and give them anymore money for their massive farm by pre-ording a Titan! Miners can also support good competitors like Bitmain and try to slow down this Knc Goliath.

Even if it fails it's too late now. KnC is doing more than 10 mil $ per month with their mining datacenter.

faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:19:57 AM

Going on the picture above here are some numbers on what that dunghole has:

38 rack sets (from what I can see - assuming assclowns have 2 sets)

each rack set has 20 rows with 6 loaded with stuff.

38 x 20 x 6 = 4,560

each mining thing has 6 fans - assuming these are each a nov upgrade module

4,560 x 6 = 27,360

1 nov module should be about 180.5 GH/s

27,360 x 180.5 GH/s = 4,938,480 GH/s

remember - that's just what I can see and assume in the picture - there's probably double that.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:45:30 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 02:22:06 AM by Biodom

27,360 x 180.5 GH/s = 4,938,480 GH/s

remember - that's just what I can see and assume in the picture - there's probably double that.

4.9 ph is roughly 12% of the network. Assuming that KnC will build 3 of such centers, I am starting to have second thoughts about their motives as far as the risk of the 51% attack. What do we actually know about Kinemaar and Cole? Who are they associated with? Kinemaar has a background in banking IT. This is slowly becoming cloak and dagger type stuff with the absence of clear info dissemination.

BTW-have you guys seen what difficulty chart did in the last 48hr? Straight up! Incidentally, I think that this is due to a gigantic first batch of Bitmain S2 being burned in, but this could be a wrong assumption.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:56:56 AM

Attitudes would change if they let CA batch customers start with that cloud right away... hint hint...
Surely there's enough there to start.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:12:59 AM

If you want an update on the datorhall, here are some interesting pics. They seem to be from an article posted about 2 days ago but can't access it as it's behind a paywall http://kuriren.nu/nknyheter/sa-har-ser-datorhallen-i-boden-ut-7530864.aspx

They won't embed as images using IMG tags for some reason (?), so just links.

http://img2.kuriren.nu/public/img/7531297/0321172520.jpg
http://img1.kuriren.nu/public/img/7531299/0321173211.jpg
http://img3.kuriren.nu/public/img/7531298/0321172520.jpg

Every rack appears to be full and hashing, as far as the eye can see.

holy shit  Shocked

I think it's CGI.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:59:15 AM

glad you are all waking up to what a few of us been saying since they chose to go datafarm instead of selling us modules.. they still would of made lots of money but now they turn their back and we can only feel sad for those who still hold onto their neptunes..  just get a refund

if you go for titan.. well... sad that you got shafted there too.   

gridseed were cool but seems like they will have the lifespan of fpgas...

I agree with ckolivas...  prices on coins are going to take a wack.. but I think that might be good long term if some of this greed gets washed out

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:57:17 AM

If they would sell that Boden hashpower at a decent rate, or fulfill orders with it...it would create a huge diff increase offset, and be a huge benefit to Neptune holders and the community as a whole, because it's already a part of the cloud, and would cause zero diff increase, yet at the same time offer a great deal. They do have the ability to turn it into a HUGE customer advantage in this way. I hope they "Do the right thing"
That would be HUGE imho, and may even happen.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:07:40 AM

If they would sell that Boden hashpower at a decent rate, or fulfill orders with it...it would create a huge diff increase offset, and be a huge benefit to Neptune holders and the community as a whole, because it's already a part of the cloud, and would cause zero diff increase, yet at the same time offer a great deal. They do have the ability to turn it into a HUGE customer advantage in this way. I hope they "Do the right thing"

Hope springs eternal…
I guess, it is possible just like an alternative universe is possible, but…beyond our reach.
In reality, it would just mean that three-four other companies will go for the same shtick: Cointerra/cloudhashing, Bitmain, (spondooliesis?), etc., etc., pushing diff up beyond reach and with price going steadily down we all might be f-ed pretty royally.
Getting something that was not specified is just wishful thinking at this point.
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:55:45 AM

I thought about posting this on their own forum, but figured it'd be pointless. There's just to much "belief" in there that they're going to do well with their orders that contrary opinions would be stomped down as heretical. If BTC is going to really make it then the price needs to bottom out and stabilize. DPoS is right there. Shake out the greed and this system will have a chance of success.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:04:53 AM

I thought about posting this on their own forum, but figured it'd be pointless. There's just to much "belief" in there that they're going to do well with their orders that contrary opinions would be stomped down as heretical. If BTC is going to really make it then the price needs to bottom out and stabilize. DPoS is right there. Shake out the greed and this system will have a chance of success.

Since I've got some BTC apart from mining, I cannot wish this, but i believe that at $300/BTC most of the hardware business is dead and at $100 and below, more than 80% of mining is dead, including the datorhall.

Here lies the paradox: majority of people learned about bitcoin at or above current prices, so their experience is probably decidedly negative: constant barrage of bad news, hacking, bankruptcies, stealing, price going down since november, etc., etc. Developers, instead of focusing on easing adoption, either doing endless patches or focus on some theoretically interesting, but esoteric stuff like contracts, colored coins, etc. If a contract can be described as a function of a single satoshi, how this can help the value of BTC? It wouldn't.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:05:19 AM

Spoondoodles or whatever their name is has said they don't plan to mine, other than 24 hours of burn in testing which they donate to charity.

Any manufacturer that mines has an inherent conflict of interest with its customers especially when it can delay shipment (and keep mining for itself) without any real consequences.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:46:18 AM

Spoondoodles or whatever their name is has said they don't plan to mine, other than 24 hours of burn in testing which they donate to charity.

Any manufacturer that mines has an inherent conflict of interest with its customers especially when it can delay shipment (and keep mining for itself) without any real consequences.

Let's face facts here.  Conflict or not, every manufacturer mines with their own equipment.  This is no secret.  I'm pretty sure even BitMain has a farm of some sort.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:59:30 AM

Let's face facts here.  Conflict or not, every manufacturer mines with their own equipment.  This is no secret.  I'm pretty sure even BitMain has a farm of some sort.

I don't think they've denied it. In fact I think they've been open about it. "Spoondoodles" denies it.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 07:16:12 AM

That would be HUGE imho, and may even happen.
Your hope is misguided based on the fact you were one of the lucky early ones to get hardware that ended up being profitable. They are not here to help their customers or bitcoin at large. The same thing happened to the first Avalon buyers/miners. There is a small window for a handful of people to make money off the first scrypt miners that knc produces, but every other customer will make a loss from here on in.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 ... 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 [1559] 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: