Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:23:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 [1611] 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:01:21 PM

What is quite surprising to me is that, apart from Bitmain, no other manufacturer has ANY price flexibility whatsoever. This indicates that hardware suppliers simply choose to mine themselves when bitcoin prices are declining. Every manufacturer price was completely unrealistic in the last couple of weeks (KnC, cointerra, spondoolies, even Bitmain S2). I think that we are about to experience a hard crash in hardware manufacturers. I dream for a modular low power cheap machine. Some guy has S1 undervolted with less than half electricity consumption, but still decent hashing:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526060.20

The Chinese A1 Dragonminers are dropping in price slowly. They've gone from $5K a few weeks ago to $2.6K now.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bkminer

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:23:46 PM

Brock Pierce (a KNC Founder) is notably the main one of the "Group" Bidding for Gox!
If they save Gox....  I will worship the ground they walk on.

http://www.coindesk.com/investor-group-offers-buy-mt-gox-one-bitcoin/

Can u inagine an ex-Goldman Sachs/Morgan Stanley heading up Gox? wow

GREED IS GOOD!  Shocked Roll Eyes  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoMpcz0S3hc
bkminer

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:29:32 PM

http://organofcorti.blogspot.ro/2014/04/april-6th-2014-weekly-hashrate.html

KNC is my largest concern right now. They now have more than 13% of the network, and they haven't made it easy to find out and track their data. If they want people to be less concerned about them having local control over machines that solved nearly one-seventh of the network blocks during the past week, then they need to be a little more open with their data and their plans.

It makes me more than a little uncomfortable that of the top five block solvers, only one is definitely a pure pool (BTCGuild), and only two of the five provide any public information (GHash.IO and BTCGuild).

Going by the fact that ex-wall streeters are involved in KnC, things become a little more clear. (see greed is good above)  Undecided
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:23:30 PM

KNC is my largest concern right now. They now have more than 13% of the network, and they haven't made it easy to find out and track their data. If they want people to be less concerned about them having local control over machines that solved nearly one-seventh of the network blocks during the past week, then they need to be a little more open with their data and their plans.

It makes me more than a little uncomfortable that of the top five block solvers, only one is definitely a pure pool (BTCGuild), and only two of the five provide any public information (GHash.IO and BTCGuild).

Going by the fact that ex-wall streeters are involved in KnC, things become a little more clear. (see greed is good above)  Undecided

They also mine in the dark unknown pools too. In addition to pointing some miners to other pools to spread hashrate around.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 05:03:50 PM

why would knc provide customer transparency?  they set a vague future date, get all the sheeps' fund, use it to buildout massive mining farms for themselves, then deliver to you at the last min of the stated Q2/3 whatever vague date, by then the difficulty is so high (caused by knc using your money) the miners are worth cents on the dollar. 

It's the perfect business model, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out. First deliverable was to build brand, after that it's just auto drive of get fund, build, devalue, then deliver.   

Cha chin!  Wink

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 05:25:52 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 06:27:52 PM by s1gs3gv

Folks, you gotta learn to roll with the times - as hard as it is to abandon your hopes and aspirations of getting rich quick on the back of cryptos.

Bitcoin prices are trending towards the cost of mining them.
No ASIC manufacturer is offering equipment that small customers can expect to ROI in less than a year. if at all.
Mining is becoming a utility business with returns that will trend towards 7% a year, just like water and gas and electricity generation.
To make money, you will have to do it at extreme scale in locales with cheap electricity.

There is a washout coming in the ASIC mining equipment business and the only companies which will survive are those that adapt their business model to the new normal. KNC obviously plans to be one of them.

The new 'great opportunities' in cryptos have moved up the food chain, to the infrastructure and application level.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:50:41 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 07:08:13 PM by Phoenix1969

Going by the fact that ex-wall streeters are involved in KnC, things become a little more clear. (see greed is good above)  Undecided
Do you understand that....
they (The investor group) are using that power to attempt pulling thousands of Gox clients out of a huge loss?
That's just the opposite of greed.  It borders charity considering they don't need the GOX name at all to open an exchange.

...but yes...  I was referring to the way it went down earlier...  the Jupiter board dangle and mind changing while we were clueless...
but I get it now, and am somewhat relieved...(wall streeters)  but not much.    Tongue
I can't help but be excited about the possibility of reclaiming Gox losses; and a significant part of the Boden income will be used for that if the deal goes through.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
bkminer

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:04:59 PM

I can't help but be excited about the possibility of reclaiming Gox losses; and a significant part of the Boden income will be used for that if the deal goes through.

I honestly hope everyone that lost at Gox gets their coin back, it's just the thought of the guys who created the event--2008 crash--leading up to Bitcoin, and one reason for Bitcoin, taking control of the very thing that's supposed to stop them form being able to do it all over again.  Shocked
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:10:30 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 08:06:07 PM by Phoenix1969

I honestly hope everyone that lost at Gox gets their coin back, it's just the thought of the guys who created the event--2008 crash--leading up to Bitcoin, and one reason for Bitcoin, taking control of the very thing that's supposed to stop them form being able to do it all over again.  Shocked
I see your concern, but I think the domination will be short lived, my freind... there are too many others doing the same...
building huge farms....

And it's time Americans have a real exchange...  
CampBX flopped, and there are no bankwires at all there now...
Kracken trades on the XRP price, so the entire exchange depends on other exchanges to operate as they skim...  which sucks...
We really need someone to step up to the plate here, and hit one out of the park!
One on wall street would dominate, given the fees are low.
With WallStreet's trouble, investors there are looking for fresh, new investments...
While new IRS guidelines make BTC investing just like stock investing...
Pretty attractive for the long term IMHO.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:28:10 PM

they (The investor group) are using that power to attempt pulling thousands of Gox clients out of a huge loss?
That's just the opposite of greed.  It borders charity considering they don't need the GOX name at all to open an exchange.

...but yes...  I was referring to the way it went down earlier...  the Jupiter board dangle and mind changing while we were clueless...
but I get it now, and am somewhat relieved...(wall streeters)  but not much.    Tongue

Could you post a link where the people involved with KnC admit they're mining coins to bail out Gox?  I only ask because a) I don't believe you.  b) If something like that was posted, you likely misinterpreted it, and c) I think you've pulled this out of your ass.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:38:12 PM

Could you post a link where the people involved with KnC admit they're mining coins to bail out Gox?  I only ask because a) I don't believe you.  b) If something like that was posted, you likely misinterpreted it, and c) I think you've pulled this out of your ass.

It's a few pages back: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg6163899#msg6163899

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:50:45 PM

It's a few pages back: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg6163899#msg6163899

Thanks.  This, at least to me, does not imply that KnC is mining to bail out Mt. Gox.   All it states is that one of the VC backers of KnC is also part of a group vying to buy Mt. Gox.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:11:26 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 10:24:03 PM by Phoenix1969

Thanks.  This, at least to me, does not imply that KnC is mining to bail out Mt. Gox.   All it states is that one of the VC backers of KnC is also part of a group vying to buy Mt. Gox.
I never said it was KNC, go back and read it... and my info comes directly from coindesk....
It's the same investor group who was involved in starting KNC, and I even mentioned Brock Pierce directly, as well as the guys from wall street...
and they get profits from KNC endeavors...
So, a portion of Boden profits are indeed in this.
... and in a sense... since you mentioned it...  
Technically... KNC really is mining to bail out Gox, however indirectly... good point, thanks.  Tongue
I guess it really depends on how big the investor's slice of the pie is....

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:53:43 AM

I never said it was KNC, go back and read it... and my info comes directly from coindesk....
It's the same investor group who was involved in starting KNC, and I even mentioned Brock Pierce directly, as well as the guys from wall street...
Technically... KNC really is mining to bail out Gox, however indirectly... good point, thanks.  Tongue

So it's all just bullshit you made up.  Thanks for clarifying that for me.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:40:16 AM

This.
everything since;

'i can make your car run on water'

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
lishbtc

Activity: 184

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:57:15 AM

Think I'm gonna throw up a little bit...

Credit Spondoolies for the pics..

SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:04:39 AM

Actually the credit wholly belongs to KNC, who featured their new Datorhall for a Sweden magazine article couple of weeks ago.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:06:52 AM

Refund requested: April 2.
Refund in my Bank: April 10.
8 days.

In other news.  I turned off all of my batch 1 Avalons today.  At my electric rates, $0.18/kWhour, they make bitcoins for $440 each.

I have some Juipiters they make bitcoins for $55 each.

For comparison a Neptune if delivered September 1 when the difficulty is 45.5 million will make bitcoins for $213 each.

I'm now a simple poor man again with a lot of cold computer parts in my basement.

Dom

the dream is still alive on ebay...sell.....let others dream the dream and er get crushed...good for character building (man a lot of 'characters' on here ..see its true!)

or

drink more of the bitcoin koolaide and keep mining because hey w/in 5yrs btc will be back up to 1K right

myself I'd have to choose one of the two above ....it would be like my house was haunted and i either could not mine due to price and let the miners go cold (man the horror)

or

sell the beasts...

sitting alone in the bsmt turned off...is er 'asic abuse' imho

bet you could mine a lot of sha256 ASICcoin with the beast...(talk about a long shot coin)

anyway...now i'm gonna have nightmares ...scary story telling ...is getting real on here!

Searing

How about you guys refund everyone on their Titans and discontinue production.  You are going to destroy the scrypt coins.  It won't even be funny and everyone with Gridseed miners are going to be pissed.

well their current plan I'm sure is to get the 1st batch of Titans out the door and then announce soon thereafter they are gonna make a Titan ASIC Farm

its how they roll!

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
minime

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:08:21 AM

Think I'm gonna throw up a little bit...

so this is where all the pre order money went??
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:15:56 AM

eh...i thought that was the purpose of this thread was to spread 'manure' ...er...KNC spreads it around ..takes it back and hoards it...we basically get it shoveled on us in the dark to be treated like mushrooms....and the IRS tries to tax us on the 'manure' we try to spread around for fiat.... too boot ...(at least in usa) and/or ban it as 'unpatriotic' manure in russia...(use local fiat manure...ban 'free thinking' manure....

anyway the motto seems to be "sh*t happens*.....how/why/where/when/who and or if.......now thats a whole 'nother' thread imho

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 ... 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 [1611] 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: