Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:10:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 [1636] 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:52:53 PM

I am angry because I call and no answer, and the voice machine doesn't even identify that i am calling KNC!! Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:55:43 PM

I am angry because I call and no answer, and the voice machine doesn't even identify that i am calling KNC!! Sad
It's past midnight in Sweden. Friday night. You probably won't get any response until Monday. Unless they decide to take the pen/pencils out of their arses and fix the mess their lack of testing / lousy goods have caused.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:59:13 PM

It's past midnight in Sweden. Friday night. You probably won't get any response until Monday. Unless they decide to take the pen/pencils out of their arses and fix the mess their lack of testing / lousy goods have caused.
Yeah, I figured that much
The Avenger

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:03:36 PM

Someone has posted a bit of advice + photos on how to push the heatsinks back in place and plug the fan power cables in with a screwdriver. Might help someone
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/36889-super-jup-s-arrived-major-issues-knc-we-need-a-public-response-asap/page2

"I am not The Avenger"
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:51:59 PM

Someone has posted a bit of advice + photos on how to push the heatsinks back in place and plug the fan power cables in with a screwdriver. Might help someone
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/36889-super-jup-s-arrived-major-issues-knc-we-need-a-public-response-asap/page2

I've ordered Neptunes for 20'000 US$. That's the price of a decent car. If I order a car and it got delivered with the wheels stuck on the car and held by nothing but some break fluid, I'd sue the producer to hell. And with the current laws in Europe, this what KnC has done would be considered a fraud. If you are living in Europe, you have the possibility to file a fraud complaint.

Alternatively, you could choose the milder form and send them a notice of defect. However, this would enable them to protract the proceeding until god-knows-when. However, a repair would in most cases be unacceptable due to the nature of the mining: In a couple of weeks, a repaired device would be worthless.

So the best one can do is: Send it back without any attempt to repair it and ask for an immedeate refund.

Meanwhile, I have asked for a refund - after what I have seen, I really do not have any intention to get some of their miners. If they do not send me back the money within ten days, I will file a legal complaint.
The Avenger

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:06:06 AM

I've ordered Neptunes for 20'000 US$. That's the price of a decent car. If I order a car and it got delivered with the wheels stuck on the car and held by nothing but some break fluid, I'd sue the producer to hell. And with the current laws in Europe, this what KnC has done would be considered a fraud. If you are living in Europe, you have the possibility to file a fraud complaint.

Alternatively, you could choose the milder form and send them a notice of defect. However, this would enable them to protract the proceeding until god-knows-when. However, a repair would in most cases be unacceptable due to the nature of the mining: In a couple of weeks, a repaired device would be worthless.

So the best one can do is: Send it back without any attempt to repair it and ask for an immedeate refund.

Meanwhile, I have asked for a refund - after what I have seen, I really do not have any intention to get some of their miners. If they do not send me back the money within ten days, I will file a legal complaint.
Unless KNC eat dirt on this one, sending it back and asking for a refund will not work (check their T&C's).

The problem with the die0 issue last year was that it's almost impossible to explain to someone non-technical what the problem was. You couldn't "show" the damage, so regular people could not help.

It's pretty clear with this frankenshit monstrosity it's a bunch of garbage, with bits falling off it.

So this time, people can get in contact with Swedish consumer protection organisations, show them some pictures and let them take care of KNC. Talking about suing KNC is a waste of time - they have millions to defend themselves. But the Swedish government can make knc's life miserable if they are caught shipping faulty garbage of a very low standard.

KNC are mining $300k a day, over $2million a week. The cheap bastards can afford to resolve all this, no problem. But if you deal with knc's CS directly, they'll try to screw you over. My advice is to get others involved and don't let knc push you around.

P.S. What coolermaster heatsink is that? Hyper 212? Whatever it is, you can bet it's cheaper than an arctic i30. Because one thing you can always say with certainty about knc - they are cheap.

"I am not The Avenger"
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:19:46 AM

I would suggest to find immediatelly some lawyer in Sweden and explain the situation.
It is not necessary to arrange a lawsuit. Some advices and preparation can he make to report to the local authorities.

I remember there is some organisation for protecting the consumer rights, somewhere located in Stockholm.

Let me try to find it, they are real strict.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
The Avenger

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:35:09 AM

I would suggest to find immediatelly some lawyer in Sweden and explain the situation.
It is not necessary to arrange a lawsuit. Some advices and preparation can he make to report to the local authorities.

I remember there is some organisation for protecting the consumer rights, somewhere located in Stockholm.

Let me try to find it, they are real strict.

http://www.konsumentverket.se/otherlanguages/

Or just look up the early posts by buttconorama, who spent 20 hours a day on this forum telling everyone how great knc are and how nothing could go wrong.

Speaking of buttorammer - we haven't heard from him in a long time. He's always insisted he is an engineer (which I've assured him on many occasions he is not - it's pretty obvious), so maybe he demanded knc let him do some "engineering".

So - anyone else think the Frankenjup is his baby? Having seen him struggle to cellotape down the flaps of a cardboard box, I'd say yes  Cheesy

"I am not The Avenger"
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:35:58 AM

Unless KNC eat dirt on this one, sending it back and asking for a refund will not work (check their T&C's).

The problem with the die0 issue last year was that it's almost impossible to explain to someone non-technical what the problem was. You couldn't "show" the damage, so regular people could not help.

It's pretty clear with this frankenshit monstrosity it's a bunch of garbage, with bits falling off it.

So this time, people can get in contact with Swedish consumer protection organisations, show them some pictures and let them take care of KNC. Talking about suing KNC is a waste of time - they have millions to defend themselves. But the Swedish government can make knc's life miserable if they are caught shipping faulty garbage of a very low standard.

KNC are mining $300k a day, over $2million a week. The cheap bastards can afford to resolve all this, no problem. But if you deal with knc's CS directly, they'll try to screw you over. My advice is to get others involved and don't let knc push you around.

P.S. What coolermaster heatsink is that? Hyper 212? Whatever it is, you can bet it's cheaper than an arctic i30. Because one thing you can always say with certainty about knc - they are cheap.

In their T&C they write:

"5.1  Returns are only accepted upon the prior approval of KnCMiner. In the event of a return, KnCMiner is entitled to make deductions due to any deficiencies. KnCMiner is entitled to request and require the Purchaser to grant KnCMiner opportunity to conduct inspection of the Products prior to accepting a return. Any return cost will be charged to the Purchaser, unless the return has been subject to the prior approval of KnCMiner."

So basically: If your miner is not in a working status, let them know this immedeately. Grant them to receive them for an inspection. If they do not come - their bad. So if they then do not accept a return in a written form and if they do not accept to bear the costs, I would file a lawsuit. This is easily done: Go to the next policestation, file the complaint, that's it. Ask that you, as part of the investigation, be all the times informed about every step the authorities do. If you, as a customer, are located in Germany, for example, you can file the suit according to (EG) 593/2008 in Germany. Then they have to deal with it. If you are living in Portugal, you file it in Portugal. Now in their T&C, they write:

"13.2 1  This Agreement shall be interpreted and applied in accordance with Swedish law, without regard to any conflict of law. Any disputes are to be settled by ordinary court in Sweden where the District court of Stockholm shall be the first instance."

However, the Marknadsdomstolen in Sweden made decisions that this is void under certain conditions. The fact that KnC delivers unusable material is such a condition. KnC already tries in its blog to blame the transporter. However, not preparing a miner properly for sending internationally definitively is under the warranty of KnC.

Send a copy of your complaint to http://www.radron.se as well as to http://www.konsumenteuropa.se/ and your local consumer protection organisation. The more, the better...
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:01:19 AM

I setup the second pair with similar poor results except only one ASIC doesn't hash. I'm getting a little over 800GHs on this pair. Even if all 18 ASICs worked, they wouldn't be able to get to 3THs. And they are running hot too. The BFL Singles in my hot garage aren't much warmer and the FrankenJups are in the air conditioned house. They are running low 70s to 80c. Gee I wonder if that has anything to do with the friction-fit heatsinks?!  Sad
bkminer

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:13:24 AM

No engineer would think that setup would even work, much less ship, so unless the girl in CS put this idea together, they did this on purpose.  This is Sam Cole dropping his pants and mooning us! (probably a tactic he got from Josh)

Someone on this thread got some of the upgrade boards and apparently they were ok.  After getting a bunch of KnC boxes I finally decided to just try to buy boards, they ship much easier.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:02:51 AM

Prediction: They did this knowing there would be issues. They'll then act like they're helping and promise to make it better. 2 weeks of silence. Then they'll say due to XYZ issue, there will be delays. After ABC time will re-ship you same  or worse equipment.

xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:35:28 AM

Prediction: They did this knowing there would be issues. They'll then act like they're helping and promise to make it better. 2 weeks of silence. Then they'll say due to XYZ issue, there will be delays. After ABC time will re-ship you same  or worse equipment.

I don't think they had any evil motive. I honestly think that they are SO oblivious to the market that they thought that we would just be overjoyed to get this crap... any crap... especially from them.

I have no doubt that they knew they were shipping us miners that would be busted up on arrival. No one could be that stupid. In their minds, they are living on past "triumphs" and we should be thankful that they would bother to ship us anything.
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:53:54 AM

Wow, I'm shocked that Knc has managed to fall so far in such a short amount of time.

Knc was the gold standard in Bitcoin Mining Hardware last year, and most of their customers were happy, and now it looks like they are close to BFL level. The whole situation is pretty sad.

I'm very glad I refunded my Neptune pre-orders and sorry that other folks have to deal with this garbage.
NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:25:41 AM

Wow, I'm shocked that Knc has managed to fall so far in such a short amount of time.

Knc was the gold standard in Bitcoin Mining Hardware last year, and most of their customers were happy, and now it looks like they are close to BFL level. The whole situation is pretty sad.

I'm very glad I refunded my Neptune pre-orders and sorry that other folks have to deal with this garbage.

+1 refund was the only favorable way out.
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:19:22 AM

To be honest, if you preorder more than half a year into the future, the only way any customer would be comfortable doing it is with full refunds guaranteed.

It is atleast in a legal grey area that they are purposefully delaying the refunds to try and keep customers away from competitors.
They have definately lost all trust i previously had, producing way overpriced hardware and not caring about their customers benefits.

I would advise anyone to stay away from knc, there are various more open companies out there, that actually communicate with their customers and offer competitively priced solutions.

And Please dont fall for their Titan, the Inosilicon A2 with 1,8MH/ chip is already being built into miners, litecoin and altcoin difficulty will be murderous by the time you receive it.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:20:57 AM

Finished preparing repairing the 3rd set and surprise! Only 4 out 6 ASICs work. So that makes a grand total of 5 out of 18 don't hash at all for just a smidge over 2THs.

What a screamin' deal this was!   Tongue
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:25:29 AM

Finished preparing repairing the 3rd set and surprise! Only 4 out 6 ASICs work. So that makes a grand total of 5 out of 18 don't hash at all for just a smidge over 2THs.

What a screamin' deal this was!   Tongue
Dont want to put salt into your wound but i previously calculated for everyone to see that 3 TH/s can be had atleast 20% under the 10,5k KnC charged (including PSU), and more power efficient too.

If you don´t mind me asking, can you report on the power efficiency of these "new" Jupiters? Are they the same than the old ones?
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:55:53 AM

What a screamin' deal this was!   Tongue
Dont want to put salt into your wound but i previously calculated for everyone to see that 3 TH/s can be had atleast 20% under the 10,5k KnC charged (including PSU), and more power efficient too.

If you don´t mind me asking, can you report on the power efficiency of these "new" Jupiters? Are they the same than the old ones?

I'm well aware that there are much better deals out there for mining hardware. I didn't just order this effin' monstrosity last week. This was bought and paid-for 5 months ago. Would I do it again. Hell no! But this seemed like the best option for me at the time.

As for power usage, I'll leave that for some techie to post the details. But they run HOT so they must be guzzling electricity. Besides, I have a lot of non-working ASICs so my power measurements would be useless for comparison purposes.

I did trip a couple of breakers today when trying to set everything up, lol. I have a PDU that I'm going to plugin to the dryer outlet but I'm waiting for delivery of an adapter before I can do that. That's going to be one steamy laundry room!
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:06:35 AM

My Jupiter hasn't been shipped this week.

Anyone else who hasn't received theirs yet?

Prepare to enter a world of stress
Pages: « 1 ... 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 [1636] 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: