Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:42:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:16:21 AM

My Jupiter hasn't been shipped this week.

Anyone else who hasn't received theirs yet?

I never received shipping notice from knc. If I didn't have UPS My Choice i wouldn't have known it was sent.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 10:40:09 AM

So how many cases of the herp derp super jupiters have been reported?

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:40:41 AM

So how many cases of the herp derp super jupiters have been reported?

waaaaaay too many

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
btc_uzr

Activity: 476

let's have some fun

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:48:44 AM

Found some tinfoil and made a funny hat out of it.  Cheesy
Here comes the result.  Cheesy Cheesy

Avenger called this shitty product "FrankenJupiter" in advance. At this time there might not have been a case produced.
Sam Cole was totally stoned sitting in a coffee shop in Amsterdam when he read this and was so pissed about this statement that he called immediately Stockholm:
"Yo Kurt, tell those fucking engineers that...hm wait what was the reason I'm calling...so stoned...uhm...right! Avenger the customer, this asshole... his 3TH/s product...you know....ehm...make the design so worse that it will crush during shipping.....like leave the bottom away and use some shady plastic nobs to keep the boards and everything in side....MUHAHAHAHAHAHA....shit I pissed my pants...call you later..."

Kurt calls engineering:
"Hi, Sam just called and wants the bottom of the case of this 3TH/s product repalced by plastic nobs holding everything inside."

Engineering:
"He what ?!..No, that's....you can't do this!...it will crash during transport...even if not...come on, a cooler needs to be fixed with screws and stuff...you can't run this long term"

Kurt:
"Maybe therefore the short warranty period this time ?! Do what Sam has told us, you know what happens otherwise.."

End of the story is that all customers get shitty stuff shipped.
Sam yells at Kurt:
"Avenger!! Only his 3TH/s product should have been shipped this way!!"

Kurt:
"He is no longer a customer and then you said this product...so I called engineering and.."

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
btc_uzr

Activity: 476

let's have some fun

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:52:31 AM

Somehow remarkable how Avenger called it FrankJupiter...and now people receive dead bodies they have to reanimate.
If this is not a really bad joke I don't know what else it is..

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:55:15 AM

Somehow remarkable how Avenger called it FrankJupiter...and now people receive dead bodies they have to reanimate.
If this is not a real bad joke I don't know what else it is..

look at it this way;
KnC give plenty notice that they intend to compete with their own customers, while delaying their 'stepping stone' rig and blowing raspberries by saying that they will compensate their victims with cloud hashing (once they have mined the shit out of the network).
KnC realise that not everyone are as stupid or gullible as they hoped they would be, and offer an airfix kit, without the glue to go with it.

"Here, compete with us, with that, losers"

i think, sums it up.

Sorry for your troubles, and losses.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:06:40 AM

My opinion on the Neptune / Frankenjupiter on both performance and price/GH/s can already be found in this thread.

However, i think the endgame for the datacenter will be cloudhashing contracts, as there is SO much money in those for the companies providing them.

This at some point would benefit the community, but ofcourse they first have to build ~10PH of power to even offer compensation for their customers.
Last time i checked, they where at little over 50% of that goal, and happily mining with it.
(Which is ofcourse only a side effect, and totally not wanted by KnC miner, ROIng their own hardware within 90 days)

I hope the KnC guys atleast buy themselves a nice Tesla Model S, which they can then power with energy from their datacenter.
(If KnC will do that, i demand royalties for the idea Wink)
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:25:50 AM

If this is not a real bad joke I don't know what else it is..

look at it this way;
KnC give plenty notice that they intend to compete with their own customers, while delaying their 'stepping stone' rig and blowing raspberries by saying that they will compensate their victims with cloud hashing (once they have mined the shit out of the network).
KnC realise that not everyone are as stupid or gullible as they hoped they would be, and offer an airfix kit, without the glue to go with it.

"Here, compete with us, with that, losers"

i think, sums it up.

Sorry for your troubles, and losses.

Sad but very TRUE.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 11:42:53 AM

so the upgrade module will not work on a oct. miner?

The controllers are the same and the 1.00 firmware works with both so I was going to try to mix them and see if the firmware figures out which modules are which.  It should be fairly simple bit of code for that.

Little late to the thread, but trust me, these controller boards are "B" stock boards that had problems and were sent in by customer's most likely with problems. Why do you think KNC has so little of them. TRUST ME. IF THESE BOARDS WERE TRULY WORKING, THEY WOULD BE MINING AWAY AT THEIR DATA CENTER, BUT THEY ARE NOT. THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:44:47 AM

Knc. They are smart motherfuckers. But still are motherfuckers.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:46:35 AM

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/kncminer-super-jupiter-bitcoin-mining-asics-arriving-pieces/2014/04/25

I saw this link in the KNC forum post but didn't see any posting in this tread moving forward.

I think the second story below the first is a great story, people are unsure if they made the right decision swapping their Neptune orders for a 3TH Jupiter. Regardless if KNC needs to do a better job at QC seeing a 3TH 28nm rig leads me to believe the Neptune at 20nm will be much faster at hashing. So I am going to wait for my Neptune. Smiley

Let's just hope that KnC has realized they need to do a better job at QC (quality control) before the Neptune's start ship.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:47:52 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 12:03:10 PM by The Avenger

If this is not a really bad joke I don't know what else it is..
It's just MORE proof KNC are cheap bastards. As I said before, the 90 day warranty was a dead giveaway they were going to ship something sub-standard they hoped wouldn't last more than 3 months. And I think they are hoping after 3 months it would then fall to pieces, so that a fair amount of hashrate would drop off the network. You can't trust a company who is competing against you! That is why I believe they would be shipping grade b boards that didn't pass QA for their datorhall.

The fact you have 5 dead boards could be due to them being damaged in transit, or specially selected lemon's from KNC's trash. With the amount of boards they have produced for their datorhall, they likely have 100's of sub-optimal boards. They are such a cheap company, they aren't just going to throw these in the trash, waste all those lovely components. <speculation> A lot of people got 3 good boards and 1 die0 board in October (although some of us got more), which I always thought was very *unlikely* to be by chance. The fact that 3 good boards and 1 die0 hashes over 400GH/s and they started sending out emails saying anyone who got over 400GH/s could not RMA the die0 board was a good proof. But I cannot prove it beyond that "Columbo" hunch  Grin So I *think* they intended to ship each Frankenjup with a few lemon boards, hoping they'd last 3 months but also making it difficult for people to return them. It would not be out of character with what knc have done before.</speculation>

How come knc didn't put 6 connectors on all controller boards? It would take the pick and place a matter of seconds and the components only cost pennies. Because knc are cheap bastards.
How come knc shipped $7000 rigs in pathetic single walled cardboard boxes at the beginning of October (until we screamed at them so much they got better ones)? Because knc are cheap bastards.
How come knc switched from UPS to fedex in October? Because they wanted to blame the shipping company for any damage to the rigs (de-ja-vu anyone??), damage which they could claim they are not responsible for. Because knc are cheap bastards.
How come knc shipped *used* boards (this definitely happened) to customers who RMA'd *faulty* boards? Can you imagine someone shipping you used boards to replace faulty boards?! Because knc are cheap bastards.
Why did KNC not fix all rigs that had die0 boards immediately last year, now that we know it would have cost them very little? Because knc are cheap bastards, who don't give a damn about their customers - only about getting their greedy hands on customers money.
Why did KNC force so many customers over the last year to return faulty goods at the customers own expense, breaking their own T&C's? And ask them to commit fraud by writing down the cost of the rig etc to some nominal value? Because knc are cheap bastards.
How come knc shipped the Frankenjups in a cheap, plain box which doesn't even indicate which side is UP?! And blame UPS for mishandling it?! Because knc are cheap bastards.
Why did knc switch to a coolermaster heatsink for the frankenjup, which does not have a metal plate to bolt it down like the more expensive arctic i30? Because knc are cheap bastards.

So why did I know it would be a Frakenstein 3TH Jupiter. You've guessed - because knc are cheap bastards. Can you imagine these guys are muli-multi-millionaires and they do everything to shave a few pennies off! I knew they would go for the cheapest solution, cheapest build. And I knew they would not be good quality and fully tested because they did NOT have them in stock - they just cobbled them together in the last few weeks and shoved them in boxes. And we'll see more proof of that I bet, because they will have to stop production and shipping until they come up with a solution that means these things will not self destructing during shipping, so knc look like they will maintain their 100% record of late shipping.

Once again, don't let knc force any additional costs onto you guys who got one of these disasters. I'm sure they'll try it, but they don't have a leg to stand on. Make sure they pay for this disaster out of their own pockets - they can afford it, easily. Anything less than 3TH is entirely unacceptable.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
helmax

Activity: 440

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:19:41 PM

knc no answer customers
they not want know wht problems we have
we are fuck
promisses and promisses nad nothing

looking job
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:29:20 PM

.... Because knc are cheap bastards.

This is so true and so sad. They'll never change. Don't fool yourselves and think that since they are of the human species they must have a non-cheap bone in their body and give a damn about anyone. No, they don't and won't - ever.

Now, I can't get "because knc are cheap bastards" out of my head. I'll be using this excuse all day. "Why didn't you take the trash out?" Because Knc are cheap bastards. "Daddy, why can't I buy a toy?" Because Knc are cheap bastards. "Why is it raining?" Because knc are cheap bastards.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:51:27 PM

.... Because knc are cheap bastards.

This is so true and so sad. They'll never change. Don't fool yourselves and think that since they are of the human species they must have a non-cheap bone in their body and give a damn about anyone. No, they don't and won't - ever.

Now, I can't get "because knc are cheap bastards" out of my head. I'll be using this excuse all day. "Why didn't you take the trash out?" Because Knc are cheap bastards. "Daddy, why can't I buy a toy?" Because Knc are cheap bastards. "Why is it raining?" Because knc are cheap bastards.

Dammit, now its in my head too...lol.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:51:45 PM

No , I do not agree.

There are companies that surely have some business ethics.

Knc built huge farms. They used their customers money to do it and they deliver garbage for 5 month preorder.

They are not cheap bastards.
They are VERY cheap bastards.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:57:44 PM

Another bullet dodged for me by asking refund instead of taking a cheap and defective FrankenJup...because KnC are cheap bastards!

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 05:45:27 PM

Indicators show we're heading to $265.

You too have a magic crystal ball?

Mine said we are heading towards $2000

Even some of the "smartest" people in this industry have no idea what bitcoin is going to do. All they can do is guess, like everyone else. I still think it will drop down to $300 and hover there a little while before going up significantly.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:46:33 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 06:09:31 PM by Phoenix1969

Do you still think it was only 2 reports and I was just a KNC hater?
I was merely reporting the facts.

and now for a prediction... ... here comes the datahall offer for FrankenJupiter convertees...
The shipment of another box would have the same result unless it were to be unpacked, dismantled (Drilling rivets out)
and re-assembled, repacked, and reshipped. Big loss in comparison to the datahall option now, from either side imho.
It will be costly to say the least. I bet they shipped them all too.

*Someone's gonna be really pissed off at KNC when they realize what just happened, and why IMHO.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 05:51:59 PM

Indicators show we're heading to $265.

You too have a magic crystal ball?

Mine said we are heading towards $2000

Just my kind of luck... buy at $2000 and sell at $265, lol. I'll leave trading to people with more analytical minds than my own.

I'll probably just keep hashing away and dumping my BTC earnings back into gear until there's zero return. They're going to have to be hosted rigs from this point forward though. It not even May and my A/C is running 24/7. It's going to be a long hot summer and my FrankenJup and Monarchs aren't even here yet.

I have one upgraded rig with 4 modules that has kept my entire office warm all winter. I disconnected the heat duct to that room also. You said you are dumping your earnings back into the hardware, but buying what?

Pages: « 1 ... 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: