Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:24:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 [1676] 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Fixx

Activity: 535
Merit: 501

EMC

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:55:25 PM

KnC! It's just awful!

You made great processors, but did disgusting thermal design.

1) Coolers without attachments - they do not attach, they pressed case to the processor.

2) Case (a box for cooking barbecue, and not casing) is made of a thin steel sheet, which "walks" under load, making it impossible to fit snugly to the CPU cooler. Why did you only half the ventilation grille at the entrance, and on the fourth on the way out? As a result, the temperature reaches 110C in separate chips.

3) They are really used parts. Traces of thermal paste, mashed contacts.

Two days we fucked in the server by setting your product.
I had to borrow more than half server rack 42U because for any more compact placement begins just a hell of overheating.
Stood beside Cointerra`s device that gave 2TH and occupied five times less rack space. Beautiful design, with thoughtful heat sink and a ready rack design.

That's what I want to ask.

Whether it be replaced with a Swedish quality? Are not you ashamed to do such work - the quality is worse than in the Chinese underground?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
underneath_the_water_line

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:57:25 PM

Not to collect everyones addresses they are allready in the public blockchain, only identify KNCs

I think it's a wise attempt to atleast be proactive incase they decide to embezzle funds.
1- They are no longer trustworthy
2- They are a company with 1000s of people/customers, so a payout from knc wallet still keeps the anonymity of the people safe.
3- They have started up several different companies on the side and if no one keep taps on the blockchain it will be super easy for them to funnel 10s of million usd away and declare bankruptcy. Not even the government or the law will know what to do.
4- There is nothing that proves that they are not allready embezzling using personal wallets to mine to at "our" DC up north.
5- They built DC with pre-orders money.
6- They are mining more than the 5% that's a breach of contract. Which lowered all miners profits by atleast 10%. Then they pay (after a month or so) refunds with btc that preorders DC allowed them to mine. Basicly raping their so called loyal customers in the ass more than once.
7- Perhaps this helps to find out truly how powerfull the preorder DC really is.
And the list goes on

Summery: probably wise to keep taps on them, and all customers will continue to be as anon as ever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is currently so spread out that I would prefer further conversation regarding this survey and address collection at a forum dedicated to KNC( http://www.hackmyminer.com/forum/index.php?forum=7)

Question ("From what address did you receive your refund?")
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15ocLT4yelsQ3TQ59R2x4-TsKXULdAfPB1V6zXrJX-s0/viewform?usp=send_form
 (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15ocLT4yelsQ3TQ59R2x4-TsKXULdAfPB1V6zXrJX-s0/viewform?usp=send_form)
Submitted addresses
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15ocLT4yelsQ3TQ59R2x4-TsKXULdAfPB1V6zXrJX-s0/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15ocLT4yelsQ3TQ59R2x4-TsKXULdAfPB1V6zXrJX-s0/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm)

To add to this:

When one asked for a refund and accepted BTC that person probably used a unique address for that transaction. That would've been the proper way to do it and therefore privacy is not really threatened.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:28:37 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 07:19:21 PM by Phoenix1969

1. No way they can declare bankruptcy whilst declaring "a million kronar a day" in fiat.
2. Embezzle? No need when the deception has been done, and have "a million kronar a day" to wallow in.
3. How does one "embezzle" from a personal wallet thru mining again? (Your #4 makes absolutely no sense mate)
    "There is nothing that proves that they are not allready embezzling using personal wallets to mine to at "our" DC up north."
Huh? Mine with a wallet?  Have you ever mined Bitcoin?

If you meant our money from our preorders...  Well, one could also argue the fact they made plenty from Jupiter and Saturn previously, under decent terms.... plenty enough to cover Boden.  I'm not sticking up for them here, but there's no sense in dwelling on this too much... we in this thread have been over and over this information hundreds of times examining the facts, and your assuming they used preorder money for Boden doesn't hold water.
There's absolutely no evidence of embezzlement here...  dishonesty,deception, and Failure; yes..... embezzlement, no, sorry can't agree.
Embezzlement would be more like a KNC employee or owner siphoning funds to a personal address at KNC's expense... and frankly, I'd give a shit less about that... I'd say then... "Karma is a bitch"  Tongue

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BoTrigins

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:02:07 PM

I do appologize for my lacking language skills, furthermore if you can't  comprehend the gist of what i'm trying to say i will try to expand my thoghts on this.

They can mine at DC towards personal addresses (i called it wallets i beg on my knees for forgivness for my bad wording) in parallell with their "official" mining operation. Keeps btc in their pockets, tax free.

Of course they can declare bankruptcy if no one is looking after the BTC,

Summerize the points for DC not to be funded by preorders.

It's not KNC staff embezzling it's the freaking 4 owners that might do this.

I would make it on a nice island for 10 years with 20 000 000 usd,

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:18:15 PM

1. No way they can declare bankruptcy whilst declaring "a million kronar a day" in fiat.
2. Embezzle? No need when the deception has been done, and have "a million kronar a day" to wallow in.
3. How does one "embezzle" from a personal wallet thru mining again? (Your #4 makes absolutely no sense mate)
    "There is nothing that proves that they are not allready embezzling using personal wallets to mine to at "our" DC up north."

If you meant our money from our preorders...  Well, one could also argue the fact they made plenty from Jupiter and Saturn previously, under decent terms.... plenty enough to cover Boden.  I'm not sticking up for them here, but there's no sense in dwelling on this too much... we in this thread have been over and over this information hundreds of times examining the facts, and your assuming they used preorder money for Boden doesn't hold water.
There's absolutely no evidence of embezzlement here...  dishonesty, and deception; yes..... embezzlement, no, sorry can't agree.
Embezzlement would be more like a KNC employee siphoning funds to a personal address at KNC's expense... and frankly, I'd give a shit less about that... I'd say then... "Karma is a bitch"  Tongue

If KNC made enough money for Boden from original orders (Saturns and Jupiters) why in the world would they need to finance the development of the Neptunes and Titans with preorders?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:20:09 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 07:40:29 PM by Phoenix1969

There's absolutely no evidence of embezzlement here...  dishonesty, and deception; yes..... embezzlement, no, sorry can't agree.
Embezzlement would be more like a KNC employee siphoning funds to a personal address at KNC's expense... and frankly, I'd give a shit less about that... I'd say then... "Karma is a bitch"  Tongue

If KNC made enough money for Boden from original orders (Saturns and Jupiters) why in the world would they need to finance the development of the Neptunes and Titans with preorders?
Because they spent the early profits filling up Boden
Now they ship out the Boden cards out to fulfill Stuper-Jupiter orders, as well as make room for the upcoming Neptunes... and they literally fell apart from being cooked too long. Another thing or angle SuperJupiter recipients could use is the fact they ordered new equipment, and got used equipment instead, so used in fact... they literally fell apart in transit... twice. Even Shipped as a kit, all wrapped up in bubble-wrap, the components literally pull off the board.
At first, we just blamed the wired-on cooling towers, riveded cases, and Saturn NNN hostnames, but now, with the second repacked shipment kits falling apart so easy, still smothered in thermal paste all dusty with no anti-static bags...  
It's reputational suicide. There's no way those are "New" boards. They're cooked.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:21:12 PM

Embezzlement would be more like a KNC employee siphoning funds to a personal address at KNC's expense... and frankly, I'd give a shit less about that... I'd say then... "Karma is a bitch"  Tongue

Maybe because it costs a lot more to do that than build a cheap ass datorhall with old kit that they can knock out a 10c a dozen?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:29:20 PM

Maybe because it costs a lot more to do that than build a cheap ass datorhall with old kit that they can knock out a 10c a dozen?

Fair point. How much do you reckon it would cost to develop the Neptune?
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 07:30:11 PM

Guys the garbage KNC is shipping out now is apparently used/faulty hardware from previous RMA's most likely. I would even think some of those parts weren't even soldered on the boards when it was packed up. They just needed to make sure they sent enough parts to make up a full miner rig, that's all. Seriously, how can those little tiny parts fall off like that?

They can't "fall off like that" the 1kg heatsinks and fans were not attached properly and came off rolling around all over the inside of the case smashing bits off.

But you have the manufacturer, the people that actually make the product shipping it in this manner. I could see if they hired high school kids and told them to go box up all that hardware over there and when you are done let me know. When you are dealing with a product that is worth $10,000 you do things right the first way, especially when time is such an evil thing.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 07:48:13 PM

KnC declared today that their 3TH Super Juniors are safe to run and refuse to issue refunds. My last reply to them, now let the courts decide
Today, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Kurt
Hi, Provided that all the components are connected properly and that you have 1 PCI-e cable per ASIC board, your miners will of course be safe to run. We understand that due to problems with shipping some components had been damaged, but in resolution additional ASIC boards had been sent to you. It is impossible to assist you further if you will not use the replacement boards to fix your miner. With these additional ASIC boards, you will need to re-assemble your miner and replace the faulty ASIC boards inside the case. I can see that you have a case open with my colleague, he will be able to offer you any assistance you require in order to help you set up your miner.
Thanks for your reply Kurt.

My reply:
I will use your statement that your 3TH Super Jupiters are safe to run and pose no risk when I submit my report to the Consumer protection agency. I will also have a written testimony of a certified technician included which will state and explain in details why those Super Juniors are a danger to run outside a supervised data centre. As KnC refuses to refund the money to customers they have scammed with second hand goods which mostly arrived damaged, it will be a case for the courts to decide.

I hope you don't mind that the press has been informed and I will do my best to get documented testimony from as many of the 400 Super Jupiter as possible proofing that KnC willingly sold faulty second hand parts to customers which do pose a danger. If KnC thinks that in a few days the public will forget about this scandal and your way to get 4.000.000 USD by dumping off used hardware stuff from your data centre onto customers who had supported you since the beginning, you will be wrong.

I hope that no miner will suffer any damage while running your dangerous mining equipment. You have not only lost me as a customer but also lost the respect of the whole mining community. There is no need to post another offer to send back your faulty ASIC board cards for replacement.

I have explained you in detail per email that I do not trust your mining equipment any longer.

As you refuse to refund my money I will do my best to join together with other of the 400 cheated Super Jupiter customers to pursue a lawsuit against KnC.
If they sent you replacement boards; you are compensated in the eyes of the law. I don't see what ground you have to bring it to court. You'd best talk with a lawyer before you waste too much energy on that.
CE certification is required for power supplies, not the components, and since the TOS clearly states you are agreeing you are a business, you are then NOT even a consumer, and are rejected from any "Consumer Protection Laws."

I think he means this.

You buy a new car. It has been determined it has a faulty sensor which makes it not start the car. Instead of the manufacture actually fixing the problem they just sent the user a new sensor. This sensor can be buried within the engine of the car and it should be the users responsibility to have to deal with that. I think this is what he meant. He wants KNC to fix it. Receives box in mail. Opens box. Plugs in, everything works.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3836

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:24:11 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 08:35:02 PM by Biodom

What do you all think is the future of KnC as the equipment manufacturer (I don't really care about their data center anymore-it is done)?

Obviously, mini Neptune is a stillborn product, considering competitors $3200 price in May for 1.4th.
I think that KnC has to think about hardware and give good engineers there a free rein. I think IT consultants in this organization were a bad influence.
Ditch the preorder nonsense to the dustbin of history and compete on merits of a current product. The crazy thing is that they could have sold Jupiter for 4-5 more months, gradually raising the hash speed to 1-1.4 th and maintaining price competitiveness. Instead, they chose the route which is now proven as disastrous.
I think what they did is sheer madness as they could have continued selling gobs of Jupiters in Dec-April, while building up datorhall on proceeds, if they were so inclined.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:54:43 PM

Guys the garbage KNC is shipping out now is apparently used/faulty hardware from previous RMA's most likely. I would even think some of those parts weren't even soldered on the boards when it was packed up. They just needed to make sure they sent enough parts to make up a full miner rig, that's all. Seriously, how can those little tiny parts fall off like that?

They can't "fall off like that" the 1kg heatsinks and fans were not attached properly and came off rolling around all over the inside of the case smashing bits off.

But you have the manufacturer, the people that actually make the product shipping it in this manner. I could see if they hired high school kids and told them to go box up all that hardware over there and when you are done let me know. When you are dealing with a product that is worth $10,000 you do things right the first way, especially when time is such an evil thing.

Oh I don't disagree that they were badly designed, packed and shipped. Just pointing out that the components didn't just "fall off" they were smashed off. Smiley

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:22:15 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 09:58:54 PM by Phoenix1969

Oh I don't disagree that they were badly designed, packed and shipped. Just pointing out that the components didn't just "fall off" they were smashed off. Smiley
Yes indeed they were "Smashed off" in the first shipment, but also in the subsequent shipment, ones where they were tightly wrapped up in bubble wrap, the Caps literally pulled off the pcb's like painter's tape while un-boxing the unit, leaving perfectly good caps fall to the ground or wherever, while the solder and board material is still unharmed...  which to me is empirical evidence someone fucked-up bigtime by ordering used boards to be shipped, or a slight chance the flux bottle was empty or line clogged during manufacture. The Machinery is only as good as the operator.     So, a combo is what I'm sayin' Hot/cold cycle fatigue being a biggie from the farm
**I even bet several non-functional, "seemingly whole" boards could be rejuvenated by spending a few minutes re-touching every solder point on those boards with a cold-heat pen.

Now, I'd even say one might try it on an under-performing october/november board as well because if there was a problem with the machine doing the soldering itself.... like no/little flux, and the problem has "carried on" to subsequent batches... it may fix old problems using the pen to touch up some solder points.....  then now this problem amplified with the mistake of someone there attempting to send us used boards.
Poor Bender.
One has nothing to lose by at least trying it on a "bad board"... just sayin'

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:14:12 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/46k-spent-mining-hardware-happened-next/

Prepare to enter a world of stress
tolip_wen

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:33:40 PM

Yes indeed they were "Smashed off" in the first shipment, but also in the subsequent shipment, ones where they were tightly wrapped up in bubble wrap, the Caps literally pulled off the pcb's like painter's tape while un-boxing the unit, leaving perfectly good caps fall to the ground or wherever, while the solder and board material is still unharmed...  which to me is empirical evidence someone fucked-up bigtime by ordering used boards to be shipped, or a slight chance the flux bottle was empty or line clogged during manufacture. The Machinery is only as good as the operator.     So, a combo is what I'm sayin' Hot/cold cycle fatigue being a biggie from the farm
**I even bet several non-functional, "seemingly whole" boards could be rejuvenated by spending a few minutes re-touching every solder point on those boards with a cold-heat pen.

Now, I'd even say one might try it on an under-performing october/november board as well because if there was a problem with the machine doing the soldering itself.... like no/little flux, and the problem has "carried on" to subsequent batches... it may fix old problems using the pen to touch up some solder points.....  then now this problem amplified with the mistake of someone there attempting to send us used boards.
Poor Bender.
One has nothing to lose by at least trying it on a "bad board"... just sayin'

Occams razor says the 'subsequent shipment' likely were working undamaged product packaged with reused packaging materials.
The reused bubble wrap was probably not cleaned of the small resistors stuck to the grease.
IMneverHO

FYI flux is mixed into the solder paste and silkscreened on the PCB, no flux bottle involved.

Thermal cycle fatigue???
Give me a break, they might have cycled them once a week max. IMneverHO

You made sophist claims as a fanboi and I think you continue in that vein as a hater.
Your quest for populist personal validation in this thread is epic.

They have a shit case design for the franken.
They may be selling used shit and totally fucked up early shipments packaging.
They definately seem to be too frugal NOT to reuse the returned bubble wrap.

I will not believe parts can fall off of a PCB wrapped in bubble 'as the unpacking video shows'.

The problem as I see it is that the top suits at KnC greenlighted the franken design as suitable for public consumption.
The same frugal mindset neglected to clean reused packaging materials.

It's a fucked up situation without the need to pile on as you often seem to do (as a fanboi and a hater)

Unless you have experience with SMD manufacture and rework I suggest you stick to other subjects in your quest for validation.

YMMV
Smiley

P.S.
I hope for a win/win in life. (I'm not too successful but it is my goal)
Many live life in a win/loose struggle. (I consider that folly unless defending)
I suggest the win/loose folks often loose and occasionally end up with loose/loose because of a belief that someone must loose.
IMneverHO

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:34:44 PM

Poorly written attempt of an article
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:53:12 AM

while i agree with a few points in phonie x's post i agree with all of tolips.

Some of them with a heartfelt passion.

epic......ewik, never stop learning

elastic, whom were you referring to?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:07:56 AM

What's your theory on how the second shipment fell apart so easy again? Used bubble wrap with "Grease" on it??

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:23:20 AM

What's your theory on how the second shipment fell apart so easy again? Used bubble wrap with "Grease" on it??

Same group of a-holes sending more broken crap. Pretty f'cking simple.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:36:07 AM

We have a ton of broken used KNC garbage, and they aren't responsive at all to RMA requests anymore.  I've been waiting all week to RMA a bad controller.  I'm still testing and assembling all the shit with zip ties, takes forever but it does work.  The first batch was 75% broken rate, the remaining batch around 20%.  Some are burned up from long term "abuse". Even the "new packaging" resulted in resistors getting torn off by the cases.  All the shit is USED and the fans are dirty with some sooty black shit. The foam bullshit cases just plain don't work and suck donkey balls.

Pretty much everyone that got the Franken-Jupiter option got Franken-Fucked KNC style. It's looking like the best option is to have the boards repaired by somebody handy with a soldering iron.

These guys used to be so good, what the hell happened? 

G R E E D

those 400 frankenjupier people without word on Neptune imho would probably (most) asked for a refund...by shipping them used
crap 400 folks (knc's figure) at 10,200 a neptune CA refund say....that is 4,080,000 usd they DID NOT HAVE TO LIKELY REFUND.

Now imho if they woulda sent it in boxes that worked on the get go..decent packing etc....the 3TH folks may have grumbled about this
but none of them would have really given a damn if they were mining promptly...but with the fried boards (likely) ...no real decent
miner as a unit...and bad shipping...they screwed up...and they don't want to lose the 'tricky' savings they made of $4,080,000.00
usd imho

So hey lets Stall and play RMA tag ..blame the shipper ..blame the victim....whatever it takes...I mean really if they cared about
reputation vs the $$$ they saved...they simply would have let everyone RMA their units back and give them a refund.

anyway my take on this drama

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 ... 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 [1676] 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: