Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:45:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:16:40 PM

I just noticed your sig:

My BTC mining address : 1NoRoihSKUCsXy1XKuy5KaFhqZsad1ETUn

You've accepted you've been screwed. Therefore, why all the fuss?

You do realise if you mine 5BTC with a Neptune and the price of BTC skyrockets to $2000/coin, all that means to you is you make back what you spent.

The guys with sense and good timing got back 22BTC for Neptune refunds. And if the price of BTC skyrockets to $2000/coin, they will have pocketed a cool $44,000. With no hassles, no electricity costs, no RMA's etc.

Argue away, but you do know you were screwed by KNC. I don't see why you are defending them. Unless it's Stockholm Syndrome Wink

i got 21 BTC in fiat back from my originally bought Neptune with ~11 BTC. Thank you KNC for giving me the option to refund at around $1150 BTC price. Zero reason for me to hold on to my Neptune order in February when i can just get twice the amount of BTC without the risk of ASIC preorder blues.
Bought 20 BTC when it was ~$40
preordered a Neptune with ~11 BTC
refunded and used the fiat to buy ~21 BTC
zero heartache now about KNC screwing me over.

Funny thing about refunds, they only help the company with confidence of its consumers if they actually stick to their promises and production schedule.

I can guarantee you im not the only one that was keen enough to understand that if you used BTC to order a neptune at the high of the price then you basically locked in selling BTC at that price if you refunded.

Im not surprised they eventually are flipping over their refund policy. They are probably bleeding BTC for fiat like crazy now that it costs twice as much BTC to get fiat refunds into peoples hands.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:35:05 PM

NEWS FLASH

It's the 8th day into Q3 and my order still says "paid".

Payment cleared December 8th; I checked with my bank so that's seven full months.

Come on KnC, it's time to give me my money back!

u27

Is the reason they are not shipping any more products due to the lack of usable chips? They alluded to this in a past newsletter. If their first run produces few usable chips how long would it reasonably take for them to run another batch?
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:39:49 PM

NEWS FLASH

Payment cleared December 8th; I checked with my bank so that's seven full months.

u27

Is the reason they are not shipping any more products due to the lack of usable chips? They alluded to this in a past newsletter. If their first run produces few usable chips how long would it reasonably take for them to run another batch?

Global hashrate jumps 30PH in the same week KNC receives their new chips.  You guys wonder where your hardware is.

/boggle
aasl

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:46:53 PM

Hi. I am using three 850W PSU (1x corsair RM850 and 2x CoolerMaster V850) to power the neppy. I noticed that the temperature varies on the PCI-E cables: on the CM v850, from PSU side to the Neppy, the temperature decreases along the PCI-E cable: i.e. at the connector to the PSU, it is really hot! in the middle it is warm; and at the neppy side connector it feels normal.

I read some previous posts that someone has the connector or PCI-E cable melted. I am afraid my cable may have the same problems. Why the PCI-E cable is so hot (especially at the PSU connector side)? What should I do to prevent it from melting?

While the two CoolerMaster PSU's pci-e cable is hot, the cable on Corsair RM850 is not warm at all. Why Corsair's cable is much colder than CM's?

Thank you for your attention!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:04:17 PM

NEWS FLASH

u27

Global hashrate jumps 30PH in the same week KNC receives their new chips.  You guys wonder where your hardware is.

/boggle

...and dove straight back down when they shipped.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:07:50 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 08:38:00 PM by Phoenix1969

I just noticed your sig:

You do realise if you mine 5BTC with a Neptune and the price of BTC skyrockets to $2000/coin, all that means to you is you make back what you spent.

The guys with sense and good timing got back 22BTC for Neptune refunds. And if the price of BTC skyrockets to $2000/coin, they will have pocketed a cool $44,000. With no hassles, no electricity costs, no RMA's etc.

Argue away, but you do know you were screwed by KNC. I don't see why you are defending them. Unless it's Stockholm Syndrome Wink

i got 21 BTC in fiat back from my originally bought Neptune with ~11 BTC. Thank you KNC for giving me the option to refund at around $1150 BTC price. Zero reason for me to hold on to my Neptune order in February when i can just get twice the amount of BTC without the risk of ASIC preorder blues.

Funny thing about refunds, they only help the company with confidence of its consumers if they actually stick to their promises and production schedule.

I can guarantee you im not the only one that was keen enough to understand that if you used BTC to order a neptune at the high of the price then you basically locked in selling BTC at that price if you refunded.

Im not surprised they eventually are flipping over their refund policy. They are probably bleeding BTC for fiat like crazy now that it costs twice as much BTC to get fiat refunds into peoples hands.
*UUuuuuhhhh.....
Go back and re-sharpen that pencil....    I find this hard to believe...   You refunded on the opening day of Neptune preorder and made coin?
The price never went that high at any time during the Neptune pre-order "refund era",
Neptunes went up for preorder on December 2nd, and the price was indeed "peaking" around the 1150 price you quote...
It then went down from that day(was actually that price for only a brief moment that day), and it NEVER returned....   so  how could you have possibly refunded at 1150 and still make coin?  Impossible.  You would have had to have refunded at a LOWER price to make coin on that deal.
It's obvious you came here to join the trolling bandwagon with a fistfull of Bullshit.
If you're gonna make shit up, at least get the numbers right.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Coinshift

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:56:04 PM

1.0 firmware should be coming very soon: https://github.com/KnCMiner/meta-kncminer/commit/816fe79a23eef44143b9dbdc9cbe8b84973b11c3
proclivity

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:33:42 PM

I just noticed your sig:

*UUuuuuhhhh.....
Go back and re-sharpen that pencil....    I find this hard to believe...   You refunded on the opening day of Neptune preorder and made coin?
The price never went that high at any time during the Neptune pre-order "refund era",
Neptunes went up for preorder on December 2nd, and the price was indeed "peaking" around the 1150 price you quote...
It then went down from that day, and NEVER returned....   so  how could you have possibly refunded at 1150 and still make coin?
Impossible.  You would have had to have refunded at a LOWER price to make coin on that deal.
It's obvious you came here to join the trolling bandwagon with a fistfull of Bullshit.

There is nothing wrong with that math. If you bought a Neptune with 11 BTC worth $13K USD and you get a refund of $13K USD, then buy 21BTC, then you just earned 10BTC.

For tips only - 12QT6zPJM5kQ5piZfn7tyFfcJrbgvSnMLn
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:39:39 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 09:11:41 PM by Phoenix1969

I just noticed your sig:

*UUuuuuhhhh.....
It then went down from that day, and NEVER returned....   so  how could you have possibly refunded at 1150 and still make coin?
Impossible.  You would have had to have refunded at a LOWER price to make coin on that deal.

There is nothing wrong with that math. If you bought a Neptune with 11 BTC worth $13K USD and you get a refund of $13K USD, then buy 21BTC, then you just earned 10BTC.

You are easily fooled... he said he refunded at 1150...    Which is total bullshit.  That's opening day for Neppie CA batch pre-order.
...and that price lasted MOMENTS on Neppie preorder opening day...   there's no way KNC refunded so quickly either. Every refund took WEEKS to MONTHS!
Obvious lies.
NOBODY refunded at 1150, That's quite Impossible, and would have yielded  8.69 BTC if it were, because Dec 10th,(CA Batch) the price was 10k / 1150 = 8.69
Refunding at a LOWER price than you bought results in a BTC gain, so if he refunded at 1150, any BTC gain is IMPOSSIBLE ..  and who the hell would refund the same day they ordered?
and if he bought a Neppie with 11 coin, the price would have been around 909/BTC, not 1150.
See now?
There are so many holes in that post I hardly know where to stop.
Some, or many of us DID make such a move, and made coin in the process, but refunded at a MUCH lower price, which is how one makes coin on a deal like that.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
proclivity

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:39:48 PM

Hi. I am using three 850W PSU (1x corsair RM850 and 2x CoolerMaster V850) to power the neppy. I noticed that the temperature varies on the PCI-E cables: on the CM v850, from PSU side to the Neppy, the temperature decreases along the PCI-E cable: i.e. at the connector to the PSU, it is really hot! in the middle it is warm; and at the neppy side connector it feels normal.

I read some previous posts that someone has the connector or PCI-E cable melted. I am afraid my cable may have the same problems. Why the PCI-E cable is so hot (especially at the PSU connector side)? What should I do to prevent it from melting?

While the two CoolerMaster PSU's pci-e cable is hot, the cable on Corsair RM850 is not warm at all. Why Corsair's cable is much colder than CM's?

Thank you for your attention!

I've had more than one melt on me with the Jupiters. The wires on your CoolerMastet are probably 18AWG, and the ones on Corsair are 16AWG which has a higher capacity to carry current.

You're going to want to use a fan to keep the wire and connector cool in the short term. In the long term I'd recommend building or buying a wire harness that will lower your risk of a fire.

proclivity

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:47:53 PM

You are easily fooled... he said he refunded at 1150...    Which is total bullshit.  That's opening day for Neppie pre-order.

Perhaps, but perhaps you don't follow what he did. Simply stated, he claims that he paid 11BTC, got back $13k, and then bought 21BTC with that $13k.

In the stock market this would be analogous to a put option. He "sold" some BTC at $1150 and bought it back at a lower price.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:52:41 PM

I just noticed your sig:

*UUuuuuhhhh.....

You are easily fooled... he said he refunded at 1150...    Which is total bullshit.  That's opening day for Neppie pre-order.
...and that price lasted MOMENTS on Neppie preorder opening day...   there's no way KNC refunded so quickly either. Every refund took WEEKS to MONTHS!
Obvious lies.
NOBODY refunded at 1150, That's quite Impossible.

Seriously buddy, go take a reading comprehension course! It's very obvious that you have a serious deficiency in this area.

He ordered when BTC was $1150 and refunded when BTC was nearly half of the original value, hence his profit in BTC.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:13:13 PM

Perhaps, but perhaps you don't follow what he did. Simply stated, he claims that he paid 11BTC, got back $13k, and then bought 21BTC with that $13k.

In the stock market this would be analogous to a put option. He "sold" some BTC at $1150 and bought it back at a lower price.
He specifically says "Thank you KNC for giving me the option to refund at around $1150 BTC price"
So explain how that "Jives".

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:16:45 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 11:49:14 PM by Phoenix1969

I just noticed your sig:

*UUuuuuhhhh.....

Obvious lies.
NOBODY refunded at 1150, That's quite Impossible.

Seriously buddy, go take a reading comprehension course! It's very obvious that you have a serious deficiency in this area.

He ordered when BTC was $1150 and refunded when BTC was nearly half of the original value, hence his profit in BTC.

Or maybe you just can't read. He said REFUND at 1150 by his comments.

I just noticed your sig:

Bought 20 BTC when it was ~$40    ------------------------ great so far
preordered a Neptune with ~11 BTC----------------------- okay... so you bought around 909 (11btc for a 10k machine is 909)
refunded and used the fiat to buy ~21 BTC--------------- Hold on.. refunded and got 21BTC on December 2nd(only day price was 1150), the same day you ordered?  Refunding at 1150 when bought at 909 results in a BTC loss, not a gain. When it took weeks and months for people to get refunds? Refunding a Neptune at 1150 bought for 10k would yeild 8.69BTC, not 21, which is a loss of 2.31BTC if bought for 11BTC

Now who needs the "reading comprehension" course?

*If he did any business with KNC at 1150/BTC, that would make him a "CA Batch" customer.
With that in mind... he would have had 28nm machines to talk about back in October-November...
busted.  Tongue

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 09:33:25 PM

gentlemen, to your corners.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:47:51 PM

gentlemen, to your corners.
all in good fun. I mean no harm

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:26:22 PM

Regarding refunds.

I think that most people went into ordering Neptune because we expected it in March, maybe April, at least I was.
Then in January-February it slipped out that development is not that far off from the drawing board and datorhall pictures were posted, upsetting some.
This caused the first wave of refunds.
Second wave was caused by the depressed price of BTC where it became obvious that it would be difficult to make any money at those prices.
Perhaps, to KnC management it looked like a betrayal and sophisticated hedging strategies, but I think it was quite simple-just math.

However, going forward, i don't think that pre-ordering money collection would work to the same level of success as with Neptune. There are too many entrenched players with a low cost base. The only thing that could re-invigorate the pre-orders is a spike in BTC price.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:27:07 PM

Perhaps, to KnC management it looked like a betrayal and sophisticated hedging strategies, but I think it was quite simple-just math.

They shouldn't have promised Q1/Q2 shipping. They lied about shipping in Q1, and rightly people refunded when they failed to meet it.

Buy & Hold
aasl

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:52:37 AM

They shouldn't have promised Q1/Q2 shipping. They lied about shipping in Q1, and rightly people refunded when they failed to meet it.

when did they say Q1 shipping?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:27:19 AM

Q1/Q2  implies possibility in Q1    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Pages: « 1 ... 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: