Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:49:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 [1847] 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:42:16 PM

Lots of folks here are in a bad mood because Spondoolies is just about to ship their 6TH $4500 machines.

What happed to your pro-KnC attitude ?
Have you meanwhile realized that the bright picture is all smoke and mirrors ?!

Your point even strengthens my position, because wafers need made before they can get sliced & packaged.

I agree with you Phoenix. Based on past Jupiter performance, KNC is likely to start shipping Neptunes later this month.

The delay from tape out to fab complete on Titan wafers is likely to be a lot shorter than the Jupiter because KNC has more production experience and because there are issues of fab scheduling involved. Its anybody's guess how they've scheduled Titan wafer production, but i'll bet they were pretty aggressive about it. I think we'll see the first Titans ship in July.

Its going to be fun to watch Avenger, RoadStress and their gang 'o gentlemen trying to come up with CYA excuses for themselves.

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:30:15 PM

er I suggest you don't try to link the above to the Humor Section of KNC forums..they banned it within 1 min (really 1 min) of my posting it...oops!

er seems I hit a sore spot (hey it was even in the humor area!)....

Searing

Huh. how original....oops this was used before with Jupiter and look how it turned out.   It's like watching an old re-run of Hogan's Heroes. You wish you didn't waste time watching it the first time, yet here it is again. You must have alot of free time on your hands.  Thanks for the diversion. My eyes are bleeding...  Grin

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:39:35 PM

What the f....
What machine Neptune is

If under volt
Is over 3.5 th
What the f......ll,
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:15:08 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 08:31:54 PM by Phoenix1969

What the f....
What machine Neptune is

If under volt
Is over 3.5 th
What the f......ll,
Relax Jelin...  If you're averaging anywhere near 3.5Th/s you should be happy. Most Don't.
My Brothers' Neppies "top out" at about 3.45Th/s each.

We figured any downtime of the machines spent on cooling tweaks wouldn't pay for itself by overcoming what was lost during the downtime, there just aren't enough gains to justify it.
With that in mind, We don't even like re-booting for the same reasons. The way things are at start-up, it makes my asshole pucker every time hoping the PSU's provide enough kick to get all the asics going. But I'm pretty satisfied on the performance being what it is, they seem to chug right along without any hiccups once they get going. We have over 10 days nonstop "Uptime" since the air-con kicked the breaker on day 2, which wasn't any fault of the Neppies; and despite running in a HOT garage, they continue to perform without any need for "tweaking."

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:34:08 PM

Oh we will see the reasons why 28nm was better than 20nm for sure. You are clueless!

Well we already know that KnC's wafer yield was so shitty that they couldn't fulfill batch 0 or whatever it's called these days.  Jee, that wouldn't be the same reason that various large scale HW manufacturers have abandoned 20nm for the most part, would it?  Further, I'd wager that SP-Tech comes ahead of KnC with their 28nm, and that Bitfury will absolutely wipe the floor with KnC when they're done.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:44:21 AM

Oh we will see the reasons why 28nm was better than 20nm for sure. You are clueless!

Well we already know that KnC's wafer yield was so shitty that they couldn't fulfill batch 0 or whatever it's called these days.  Jee, that wouldn't be the same reason that various large scale HW manufacturers have abandoned 20nm for the most part, would it?  Further, I'd wager that SP-Tech comes ahead of KnC with their 28nm, and that Bitfury will absolutely wipe the floor with KnC when they're done.

well sp30's hit a snag...so this will tell if a) Spondoolies really is aggressive on market share and future customers/satisfaction/fairness as they have stated and offer
more hash/refunds/or whatever to solve this problem they have with Sp30's not getting the hash they expected

or

they will go the other more common route and stall/make excuses/and allow no refunds or some other method to keep as much $$$ in their hands

definately one camp or the other.

well it is somewhat early to be 'optimistic" but they came out and did say they had a problem with chip not being as high hash rate as they expected....1 day after getting the chip...so they are quick and upfront and they state compensation will be offered for existing customer orders..

so again we will see it is now spondoolies turn I guess to do the inevitable ASIC  shuffle when the timeline goes to heck

put up time or shut up to customer time either/or

here is the link

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/blogs/news

so the asic wheel of fortune turns

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:31:17 PM

well sp30's hit a snag...so this will tell if a) Spondoolies really is aggressive on market share and future customers/satisfaction/fairness as they have stated and offer
more hash/refunds/or whatever to solve this problem they have with Sp30's not getting the hash they expected
or
they will go the other more common route and stall/make excuses/and allow no refunds or some other method to keep as much $$$ in their hands

They already said that they are looking into compensation plans so I don't see how can they allow no refunds. Just a couple more days of wait.

user27

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:34:46 PM

or

They already said that they are looking into compensation plans so I don't see how can they allow no refunds. Just a couple more days of wait.

They have to offer full refunds; unless they offer 10% refund for 10% speed reduction I guess?

More importantly their power spec is going to be screwed; I always said 0.34 W/GH/s was going to be ball crap even at chip... does this make Neptune the most efficient ASIC chip?

Not to mention their 2x1200w PSU somehow delivering 2500w nominal power 24/7.

u27

rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:38:11 PM

u27

Usually it's heat holding back 1u psus and not the hardware, I've seen people pull 3KW out of some 2KW units when using them to charge RC battery packs, just needs improved cooling.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:57:20 PM

They have to offer full refunds; unless they offer 10% refund for 10% speed reduction I guess?

More importantly their power spec is going to be screwed; I always said 0.34 W/GH/s was going to be ball crap even at chip... does this make Neptune the most efficient ASIC chip?

u27

I don't want a full refund and I'm sure that a big part of the customers are the same. As for Neptune being the most efficient ASIC chips we don't have final numbers yet, but at least the SP30 are available while the neptune are very scarce.

jelin1984
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:04:26 PM

go f.... every other hardware company Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
i had my neptune hashing at 3.5-3.6 th at wall is 1750w

go knc go Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:14:11 PM

go f.... every other hardware company Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

go knc go Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You (same as me, but refunded) paid 12.5k$ for that neptune and you are hashing for 3 weeks, while I paid 19k$ for 3xSP30. I have a feeling I will get my ROI before you.

tolip_wen

Activity: 386

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:29:06 PM

SNIP
 If you're averaging anywhere near 3.5Th/s you should be happy. Most Don't.
My Brothers' Neppies "top out" at about 3.45Th/s each.

We figured any downtime of the machines spent on cooling tweaks wouldn't pay for itself by overcoming what was lost during the downtime, there just aren't enough gains to justify it.
With that in mind, We don't even like re-booting for the same reasons. The way things are at start-up, it makes my asshole pucker every time hoping the PSU's provide enough kick to get all the asics going. But I'm pretty satisfied on the performance being what it is, they seem to chug right along without any hiccups once they get going. We have over 10 days nonstop "Uptime" since the air-con kicked the breaker on day 2, which wasn't any fault of the Neppies; and despite running in a HOT garage, they continue to perform without any need for "tweaking."

3.45 to 3.55 is ~ 2%

2% of 1 day is 28.8 minutes.

If 28.8 minutes of downtime 'gross' 2% you come out even 'net' in a day or two.
(assume days are within same diff period)
From the break even point forward is free of downtime 2% gain.
This ALSO assumes you let the other 4 ASIC idle the whole time you mod.

So I guess it depends on if you need parts also and cost of parts.

Agree, no NEED for the extra 2%, just extend date of (possible?) ROI with 2% less GH/s in calcs.

PLEASE NOTE
You must first subtract percentage of non functioning core from 3.6 to know what is available.
Each 72 sleeping core is 1% off the top.
I have 16 sleepers so <0.25% or ~3.59 possible.
I have <0.7% HW so ~3.56 is expected.
I am within an "RCH" of expected.
From where I am NOW a few minutes of downtime may matter.
From where I WAS my downtime was worth it.

To ever go beyond 3.6 will require a larger percentage of the power budget.
Hot VRM are less efficient and overbuget already.
They are spending 'lifetime' for the interest on loan from 'current bank'.

You may have 10 days uptime on the BBB, I doubt you have 864,000 seconds uptime in cgminer.
You can easily check with
'api-cgminer devs'

Disclaimer:
Decimal points in examples do not indicate accuracy.
They just ballpark approximations.
I have been known to slip a bit here and there but usually round in direction of whatever is worst case.

YMMV
Smiley

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:34:26 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 06:48:28 PM by Phoenix1969

u27

I don't want a full refund and I'm sure that a big part of the customers are the same. As for Neptune being the most efficient ASIC chips we don't have final numbers yet, but at least the SP30 are available while the neptune are very scarce.

What do you mean?  I'm not tryin to be sarcastic or anything... ok?

SP30's are "available?"  Weird. I just read  the opposite here:   http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/blogs/news  end of paragraph 3.
" we are temporarily suspending sales of the SP 30 mining rigs."

and Neptune "scarce?"    batch 3 Neptunes  still up for preorder, and many Neptunes have been delivered, while not a single SP30 has hit the public yet.

Care to re-phrase or explain that statement a bit more because I see exactly the opposite?  

tolip....   pretty sure about the up-time, but we will be able to putty in after friday and tell better

Thanks for the downtime/recoup figures, we will go over the data...

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
tolip_wen

Activity: 386

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:26:41 PM

tolip....   pretty sure about the up-time, but we will be able to putty in after friday and tell better

Thanks for the downtime/recoup figures, we will go over the data...

If you seperate results you can better decide where to focus effort if necessary.
(only mentioned as you posted combined results that average below 3.5)
Seperating down to the ASIC is highly subjective with currently available data.

It is best to tackle worst first and recalculate.
If you take an ASIC out of service for any reason can also measure HW error difference.

Regardless of local miner output, pool speed is final arbiter.

YMMV
Smiley

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:27:54 PM

and Neptune "scarce?"    batch 3 Neptunes  still up for preorder, and many Neptunes have been delivered, while not a single SP30 has hit the public yet.
Care to re-phrase or explain that statement a bit more because I see exactly the opposite?  

From what I understood KnC hasn't shipped the whole batch 0 neptunes, while SP30 will be here on time. The fact that KnC still has batch 3 Neptunes still up for preorder with Q3 delivery doesn't mean that they can deliver on time just like they did with batch 0.

Let me know when you get your ROI with your Neptune.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:51:00 PM

From what I understood KnC hasn't shipped the whole batch 0 neptunes, while SP30 will be here on time. The fact that KnC still has batch 3 Neptunes still up for preorder with Q3 delivery doesn't mean that they can deliver on time just like they did with batch 0.

Let me know when you get your ROI with your Neptune.
Oh... Well, I had 2 batch zero(CA) come thru Phoenix-ville to be reshipped to the person who bought them,
 and my brothers 2 neptunes were in the late-middle of batch one, which arrived July 9th. (flew over on 10th and had them running steady before midnight after a quick birthday party)
I naturally am led to believe all batch 0 and most of batch one had been delivered before the "chip shortage" was announced

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:47:36 PM

go knc go Grin

lol how long of run time is that for? 1 minute? come back after a few hours and tell us how it is doing Wink

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
jelin1984
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:51:38 PM

Haha is stable almost 12 hours now
Between 3548 and 3587 gh

Wowwwwwww
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:23:55 PM

Haha is stable almost 12 hours now
Between 3548 and 3587 gh

Wowwwwwww
sweet...  good job
what are all the mods you have done?

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 [1847] 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: