Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:39:25 PM

Titan order ( payment received 3/21 ) status changed to 'in progress' today.

Thanks for the update.

Status changed to shipped. Received UPS tracking info.

Same here.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:32:22 PM

Folks, have you considered the likelihood that edgar and searing are the same guy using two different handles, dragging you into their little creative drama for a laugh ?

That would be really creative if true, because in the past they have posted tracking updates for hardware delivered to different hemispheres of the earth.

That would truly be a scary individual to be able to channel 2 wildly different writing styles and attitudes. I really don't like the personal attacks considering there are tools built into the forum to ignore people you don't want to see.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:57:25 PM

Folks, have you considered the likelihood that edgar and searing are the same guy using two different handles, dragging you into their little creative drama for a laugh ?

That would be really creative if true, because in the past they have posted tracking updates for hardware delivered to different hemispheres of the earth.

That would truly be a scary individual to be able to channel 2 wildly different writing styles and attitudes. I really don't like the personal attacks considering there are tools built into the forum to ignore people you don't want to see.

I've known Searing since early 2013 (over a year now),I met him on BFL chat box & tried to warn him about BFL's past.But he did what he wanted anyhow  Sad

I don't think he's edgar,if you look thru edgar's post history you'll see edgar is rather negative in the majority of his postings with no sense of humor.

While Searing spins things in a much more humorous manner,so no I think Searing is only Searing.IMHO  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 10:08:25 PM

Here's a great article on KNC from Computer Sweden

http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.591641/kunder-rasar-mot-bitcoinbolaget

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.idg.se%2F2.1085%2F1.591641%2Fkunder-rasar-mot-bitcoinbolaget&edit-text=&act=url
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:23:31 PM

I've known Searing since early 2013 (over a year now),I met him on BFL chat box & tried to warn him about BFL's past.But he did what he wanted anyhow  Sad

I don't think he's edgar,if you look thru edgar's post history you'll see edgar is rather negative in the majority of his postings with no sense of humor.

While Searing spins things in a much more humorous manner,so no I think Searing is only Searing.IMHO  Wink

hey unacceptable you saved me like 180gh at the time around 5k or more ..in that I took your advice and punted 1/2 of my BFL order before the 45 day paypal expired
on that bunch......knc contacted me the same day that bfl did and josh said 2 more weeks ..you lambasted me and I punted...so you did good

had to wait for the other 8.5k refund for 1 year and 20 days

anyway if edgar is all wound up posting about me on here and i have him on /ignore well he is not bugging the rest of you consider it a public service

in hindsight the only thing i really really got stuck on is this no roi no refund titan as to the rest ....i wiggled out of the other situations

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:49:20 AM

hey unacceptable you saved me like 180gh at the time around 5k or more ..in that I took your advice and punted 1/2 of my BFL order before the 45 day paypal expired
on that bunch......knc contacted me the same day that bfl did and josh said 2 more weeks ..you lambasted me and I punted...so you did good

had to wait for the other 8.5k refund for 1 year and 20 days

anyway if edgar is all wound up posting about me on here and i have him on /ignore well he is not bugging the rest of you consider it a public service

in hindsight the only thing i really really got stuck on is this no roi no refund titan as to the rest ....i wiggled out of the other situations

I'm glad some of what I enlightened you on sunk in  Grin

Here's hoping ALL KnC customers get back what they invested,but it ain't lookin good.They turned to GREED !!!!!   Angry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bitdigger2013

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 01:32:22 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 04:47:48 PM by bitdigger2013

Well it has finally happened. The first time the pci-e cable melted on the psu and I was able to avoid RMA.

This time the connector on the cube fried. One of the 6 pins is completely black and it won't power up anymore.

Sent support/rma request.

Your request (35659) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

I know KNC does not work on weekends. Will keep this thread updated with procedure and responses.

EDIT: The cables used are the stock cables that come with the Seasonic x-1050. These cables are 16AWG and state they are High Current on the box.
1. 80PLUS® Gold Certified Super High Efficiency  
2. Full Modular Cabling Design  
3. Patented DC Connector Module with Integrated VRM [Voltage Regulator Module]  
4. DC to DC Converter Design  
5. Seasonic Hybrid Silent Fan Control  
6. Sanyo Denki San Ace Silent Fan  
7. Conductive Polymer Aluminum Solid Capacitors  
8. Highly Reliable 105℃ Japanese Brand Capacitors  
9. Tight Voltage Regulation [±3%]  
10. Active Power Factor Correction [99% PF Typical]  
11. High +12V Output  
12. High Current Gold Plated Terminals  
13. Dual Sided PCB Layout  
14. Ultra Ventilation [Honeycomb Structure]  
15. Multi-GPU Technologies Supported  
16. All-in-One DC Cabling Design  
17. Easy Swap Connector  
18. Universal AC Input [Full Range]  
19. 5 Years Warranty Picture of connector on cube:

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:00:48 PM

Great. I know that WSJ also is on a story, so is a guy from Bloomberg. This is especially great for they publish in the US - where the SEC may take a closer look at the company which organised the last capitalization-round...
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:06:40 PM

Well it has finally happened. The first time the pci-e cable melted on the psu and I was able to avoid RMA.

This time the connector on the cube fried. One of the 6 pins is completely black and it won't power up anymore.

Sent support/rma request.

Your request (35659) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

I know KNC does not work on weekends. Will keep this thread updated with procedure and responses.

Can you post a pic mate?
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 06:50:55 PM

What is the actual power consumption at the wall with the new v1.05 firmware with 325 mhz clock rate ?
bitdigger2013

Activity: 397

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 07:12:01 PM

What is the actual power consumption at the wall with the new v1.05 firmware with 325 mhz clock rate ?

I found it to be 13.3A @ 117v = 1556.1 watts.

that was with 4 cubes running @ 325mhz
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 11:53:26 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 12:22:12 AM by s1gs3gv

So KNC has shipped a firmware release which exacerbates the known fire hazard problem (by allowing operation at an increased ASIC clock rate) *before* shipping all the promised Y cables to customers ?

Would it be reasonable to assert that KNC are negligent in their responsibility to ensure that the Titan is safe to operate ?

KNC needs to compensate Titan owners for lost mining revenue resulting from problems with reliability, safety and delayed RMA processing times.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:27:00 AM

So KNC has shipped a firmware release which exacerbates the known fire hazard problem *before* shipping all the promised Y cables to customers ?

Would it be fair to state that KNC seem negligent in their responsibility to ensure that the Titan is safe to operate ?

Warning!

long post you don't like my ramblings feel free to put me on /ignore (hell  I probably already have you there and I never peek save some time just skip and move on)

yeah...kinda got a whole 'trend' going over there at KNC on ........how to screw customers in 9 different directions at the same time...quite the scammy art form I must say!

some stuff that comes to mind in no particular order.....(hey you were warned ramblings)

no refunds (likely breaking consumer laws)

no ROI (due to their shipping delay..shoddy construction and no real working firmware)

no quality control on product (was a point when titans were shipped the people making them had no instructions on how to build about a month i guess it was...tough on first buyers)

lousy design (the power plug problem not being up to snuff..fire hazard etc and if you RMA the unit it takes for a lot of folk 1 or 2 months i'm not sure anyone has gotten an rma cube   back yet and working?)

no customer support (just plain ass can't get an answer a small chance of an answer on knc forums if it does not include  hash speed/scrypt n/plug burn out/rma of 2 months/etc)

no tech support (see above ..it seems they sit on your broken product for 1 to 2 months trying to fix rather then send you replacement...no real staff and they are swamped it seems)

no software support (the maker of bfgminer was never contacted on help/use or anything he also warned (if i remember right) the lag/flush issue but for naught knc ignored till recently)

fire hazard (due to bad design of plugs on titan cubes..not being correct heftiness)

choice of controller (knc claims they could not get enough blackberry's for the titan run (2x the cost) ..but imho the raspberry pi has some real issues with this titan beastie)

choice of 3rd party cheap sandisk type card (most folk are urged to replace with decent type 10 version ...so you see a white light won't go off likely crummy sandisk micro card)

earnestness (they just don't give a f*ck ..they have your money...so no fire under them to get RMA back fix issues nor make patches or any customer support it seems)

out the door out of mind (they plan on getting them kicked out the door in 3 weeks and let the lawyers do the talking from now on)

future products (first claimed no future products..then got beat up in news articles ..now say they will have future products....but imho likely only 40k commercial options if ever)

expansion of arctic cloud (is taking up all their time and resources..duh...its a lot of work to get 30% of the mining market and round up $$$ from rich investors)

lawyers (are important if and consumers get redress from knc imho it will reflect badly on their plans to own 30% of bitcoin mining network investment plans  (litigation years imho)

all consumers are a business (not covered by any consumer protection laws because the equipment is 'experimental' and very convenient for knc to claim such duh!)

power use age (instead of around 1100w what they said it was now if a titan is run at 325mh more like 1500w to 1600w see fire hazard plug issue)

shipping Y plugs (do to design problems and fire problems with most modern power supplies OCP issues...ie they never bothered to test or anticipate this ..thus kludged you y cables)

scrypt-n (used to move some more Titans now it is never talked about on forums by knc....they say future i figure a couple months from now will be dropped)

multi-pools can't work on (this is KNC saying it is the pools fault..not as advertised to only do litecoin till they fix issues again skirt responsibility)

regular pool problems (knc claims the pools fault not their equipment expect the pools to adapt rather then knc fix the issue or so they tried and yelled a lot about before)

fast block coin problems (can't do scrypt coins that are new and fast block due to flush issues i gather limits your choice of scrypt coin dramatically)

denial (hey we got your money .you have no consumer protection according to us..it is an experimental product and if you RMA  it we can take 1 to 2 months to repair)

so that is what comes to mind off the top of my head feel free to add to the list..but essentially it is just like BFL everything works to the betterment of the corporation KNC
purchase responsibility/product reliability/RMA time lines for return/what it mines/ the pools it mines on whatever ..with no refunds they seem to feel they have no responsibility

and as much money and lawyers they have....they could string this out for years

side note folks have said when they said they were gonna just send the miner back in the 14 day EU consumer protection window ...KNC told them they would destroy the unit
now they backed off of that ..but that and the rest of the above is why I think they are gonna fight this tooth and nail for years with lawyers etc they have to protect
their arctic cloud expansion to 30% of the network and their future big money investors....we are pissing in their soup they will attempt to squash us like a bugs

hope I"m wrong and some gov't or consumer agency comes into play (EU protections?) but that seems unlikely

man from where they started this is a business case study in how "power corrupts"

anyway my 2c worth

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
AngryMiner

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:17:45 AM

i'll send you a email now !
people come on ! lets sue this assholes

I would advise caution sending personal/financial information to random people on the internet, even ones who claim to be Swedish lawyers...

thank you for worrying for me
i think it's legit http://www.godfinans.nu/en-GB

Something is fishy with this "company"
First of all check out the whois information on their domain:

state:            active
domain:           godfinans.nu
holder:           lvi7639-1515853
admin-c:          -
tech-c:           -
billing-c:        -
created:          2014-06-19
modified:         2014-06-19
expires:          2015-06-19
nserver:          ns1.loopia.se
nserver:          ns2.loopia.se
dnssec:           unsigned delegation
registrar:        Loopia AB

Second check out their LinkedIn company page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/godfinans-sverige-ab

1 employee and 3 followers.

Next take a look at the "CEO": https://www.linkedin.com/pub/henrik-ask/37/9ab/b4b

Under skills his highest voted skill from his peers is recruiting (12), business development (Cool, and coaching (5).
13 of his total votes under his skills are from profiles with no user picture, which if you look around LinkedIn that is something you NEVER see.

This has scam written all over it. Beware sending information.

The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:58:04 PM

i'll send you a email now !
people come on ! lets sue this assholes

I would advise caution sending personal/financial information to random people on the internet, even ones who claim to be Swedish lawyers...

thank you for worrying for me
i think it's legit http://www.godfinans.nu/en-GB

Something is fishy with this "company"
First of all check out the whois information on their domain:

state:            active
domain:           godfinans.nu
holder:           lvi7639-1515853
admin-c:          -
tech-c:           -
billing-c:        -
created:          2014-06-19
modified:         2014-06-19
expires:          2015-06-19
nserver:          ns1.loopia.se
nserver:          ns2.loopia.se
dnssec:           unsigned delegation
registrar:        Loopia AB

Second check out their LinkedIn company page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/godfinans-sverige-ab

1 employee and 3 followers.

Next take a look at the "CEO": https://www.linkedin.com/pub/henrik-ask/37/9ab/b4b

Under skills his highest voted skill from his peers is recruiting (12), business development (Cool, and coaching (5).
13 of his total votes under his skills are from profiles with no user picture, which if you look around LinkedIn that is something you NEVER see.

This has scam written all over it. Beware sending information.

A knc employee posing as a lawyer to gather info about unhappy knc customers? Grin Doesn't sound very promising if this guy did not exist before June this year.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
preshpresh

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:08:38 AM

ive found edgar to be humorous, witty & sharp. and scathing

searing seems stuck in a self-perpetuating feedback loop

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:12:21 AM

ive found edgar to be humorous, witty & sharp. and scathing

searing seems stuck in a self-perpetuating feedback loop

yep I'm on a p/o'd at KNC kick i admit it....the list just keeps getting longer and longer on how much they keep trying to get away with
yep.....and.....i used to be such a pleasant fellow too!

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:13:44 AM

Don't worry folks (you too Searing),KnC ain't going to just fuck their customers...they won't be happy till ALL $2 BILLION worth of BTC belongs to them & them alone!!!  Angry

If no one can stop them from taking over a VERY large portion of the network via mining...then Bitcoin itself is in jeopardy,IMHO  Roll Eyes

btc_uzr

Activity: 476

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:34:50 AM

Don't worry folks (you too Searing),KnC ain't going to just fuck their customers...they won't be happy till ALL $2 BILLION worth of BTC belongs to them & them alone!!!  Angry

If no one can stop them from taking over a VERY large portion of the network via mining...then Bitcoin itself is in jeopardy,IMHO  Roll Eyes

egdar = searing ??
Ridiculous and irrelevant, KnC is the topic.
No need to distract from the core topic or incite sympathizer of edgar/searing against each other to take over.

I don't like how KnCancer has grown on the disadvantage of their customers  host cells, but actually I'm wondering what's the better scenario for BTC's mass adoption.
1) Huge mining farms like KnC dropping >90% of coins mined each day on the exchanges
2) Many small miners, hodling most of their mined coins

Scenario 1 drives the price down if there's not enough people buying coins (btc awareness / acceptance not increasing). In best case this results in a stable low (btc awareness / acceptance slowly increasing) and helps spreading the digital wealth.

Scenario 2 drives the price up if there's more asked than offered  (btc awareness / acceptance increasing), but at the same time would slow down mass adoption and concentrate wealth

For the bigger picture and widespread long term adoption I think 1) is the better way, for your personal wealth and profit 2) it is.

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 11:09:23 AM

Don't worry folks (you too Searing),KnC ain't going to just fuck their customers...they won't be happy till ALL $2 BILLION worth of BTC belongs to them & them alone!!!  Angry

If no one can stop them from taking over a VERY large portion of the network via mining...then Bitcoin itself is in jeopardy,IMHO  Roll Eyes

egdar = searing ??
Ridiculous and irrelevant, KnC is the topic.
No need to distract from the core topic or incite sympathizer of edgar/searing against each other to take over.

[snip]

For the bigger picture and widespread long term adoption I think 1) is the better way, for your personal wealth and profit 2) it is.

Shouldn't this be moved to the mining speculation category ?

~L)L~
Pages: « 1 ... 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: