Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:22:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: https://antminersupply.co selling S9 for $2999.00 Legit?  (Read 190 times)
Bruxley (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:19:08 PM

I found new Antminer S9s for sale for $2990.00 at antminersupply.co and wonder if there is a way the check them out. I used Whois and only found out they are in Panama.
Any way to make sure these folks are legit before ordering?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kotlarz

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:31:20 PM

Literally the first Google result for "antminersupply.co", do people even bother with research nowadays?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/7nx7f2/scam_alert_antminersupplycomco_fake_seller/
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:29:21 PM

100% Scam
Bruxley (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:30:02 PM

Thanks for the snark.
I posted it because this forum seems to have vast and deep knowledge. Sorry my research irked you so.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:39:33 AM

Thanks for the snark.
I posted it because this forum seems to have vast and deep knowledge. Sorry my research irked you so.
And we do have knowledge. The problem is these "is ___ legit" questions can be solved with just a few clicks on any search engine. The whois shoulda been the biggest red light besidesthe aforementioned Reddit post.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:17:13 AM

Why not get it straight from the legit source and pay full price? If you are the kind of person who looks for big discounts on miners then you have to question yourself of you are supposed to be spending your money to mine BTC in the first place.

There are many people who are disappointed by the cold hard truth of cryptocurrency mining. Most miners seldom arrive to have an ROI.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:49:45 PM

Here's a word of advice for the future, if you have to ask if they're legit, they're usually not. If they don't have hundreds of positive reviews when selling high value items, steer well clear.

I'd recommend just buying a few used ones from here, get the benchmarks first, and pay for an escrow (unless they're quite obviously trusted).

Take a look at the goods section, there's a few S9's available;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=51.0

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:40:11 PM

Thanks for the snark.
Asking isn't really a problem or theres nothing wrong with it since this is a forum and you can ask on those things you don't know or just having a consultations among veteran members but you should really be sensible first on the questions you would made.If you can able to make your own research first before posting your question on here then better to read up on the things you have searched and if you do find out that it did answer your question then theres nothing to post on this forum. Google is all you need. If it doesn't then that's the time you do ask. Back to topic this site is indeed a scam..All things are too good to be true are just purely scams.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: