Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:16:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AXON] Fork of AXIOM (identical blockchain up to the place where it forked)  (Read 1799 times)
EpyxZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 09:43:46 PM

Do you happen to have a bootstrap for people to get instead of slow syncing to the network?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HelpTheDogs

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:13:38 PM

Windows users might call a daemon a "service".

I mean the "service" you run that makes the coin go.

Maybe you might have a GUI program you run that has an ability to "do" the coin?

The daemon or service is the running code on your machine that you talk to via your command line or GUI telling it you want to do this that or the other thing about the coin.

Importantly it is also the program that talks to other machines to enable the peer to peer networking to get the blockchain get and send transactions and so on.

Call it "program" instead of "daemon" or "service" if you prefer.

Or call it the coin as in run the coin aka run the daemon that enables the coin aka run the service that makes the coin be up and running on your machine aka start the coin's networking so it communicates with other machines on the network to get and keep up with the blockchain.

-MarkM-

Do you have skype or facebook I can add you on. Maybe you can help walk me through it and I can give you a tip.
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 10:20:28 PM

This is what I was suggesting in reply to complains on sync issues. Bootstrap.dat goes easy and weights a few megabytes. The best feature ever made by the hands of cryptogod.

markm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 11:16:45 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2016, 01:24:53 AM by markm

This is what I was suggesting in reply to complains on sync issues. Bootstrap.dat goes easy and weights a few megabytes. The best feature ever made by the hands of cryptogod.

What exactly does one include in such a data archive?

An entire ~/.axon directory?

Or just the actual blocks data?

Or what?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
EpyxZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:36:58 AM

What exactlky does one include in such a data archive?

An entire ~/.axon directory?

Or just the actual blocks data?

Or what?

-MarkM-

In windows or linux go to your wallets data dir in shell/cmd prompt.

then issue either

cat blk0001.dat blk0002.dat blk0003.dat > bootstrap.dat
or
copy /b blk0001.dat+blk0002.dat+blk0003.dat bootstrap.dat

If you only have 1 blk####.dat of course you dont put ones you dont have. Some people zip up everything but leave out the peers, conf & wallet. That makes for a WAY quicker sync since you dont have to import anything. Using a bootstrap you still have to let the client basically add it like its doing a rescan
The only difference is that cat will recreate a file filling in gaps but retaining an exact copy. And copy just pretty much appends them to each other. But thats it.

Hope that made sense lol :p
markm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 10:35:08 AM

AXON is trade-able on the Stellar platform, see http://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: