Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:55:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You do realize there will be no stopping it now...right?  (Read 4844 times)
essem

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:11:45 AM

Most speculators are now either sold and gone (the winners), scared and have no clue what they are doing (the newbies), or left holding the bag and crying in their milk (the losers).  I'm not sure where anyone believes all these new buyers are going to come from and push it back over $200 anytime soon.  Hope is a good thing but, blind faith tends to lead to sad disappointing failure.  Anyone who has experience today saw the fluctuation ($105-$266) and left for the hills.  The writing was all over the wall this week with the run up from Monday till last night.  Huge run up and massive volatility unseen before.  I saw it last night and sold.

or going long even though the price is falling!

lol
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:24:34 AM

Most speculators are now either sold and gone (the winners), scared and have no clue what they are doing (the newbies), or left holding the bag and crying in their milk (the losers).  I'm not sure where anyone believes all these new buyers are going to come from and push it back over $200 anytime soon.  Hope is a good thing but, blind faith tends to lead to sad disappointing failure.  Anyone who has experience today saw the fluctuation ($105-$266) and left for the hills.  The writing was all over the wall this week with the run up from Monday till last night.  Huge run up and massive volatility unseen before.  I saw it last night and sold.

+1

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:31:32 AM

Otherwise my coins are not for sale, they are meant to be either saved or spent.

Good strategy. This is what bitcoins are invented for. Where are you going to spend them?

So far, mostly internet services. VPN, hosting, seedboxes, stuff like that. I take my anonymity very seriously and Bitcoin is perfect for that.

I have bought a couple silver coins too, in bitcoin. But at this point they are not great for grocery shopping or paying the rent, so I use fiat directly for that.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
batcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

In Gord We Trust

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:41:05 AM

It would be obvious though, that buying into these rallies is indeed partaking in attempts at profit taking based on speculation.

Is there something wrong with that?

If you have more than 0.01BTC and complain about early adopters, please consider donating to this address: 1P11Dz4mhDcJvetHqEJu35KNEVqSRmqo3b
General Tips: 1P4YfrYwQKKtfwszzb2aHgLVLiWQCrJfwi
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:57:53 AM

Most of the winners will keep playing.

Some of the losers will keep playing too.

We are likely to have fewer but more hardcore speculators. Not sure this will be good or bad to be honest.

forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:59:36 AM

Well, you're the rare exception. It would be obvious though, that buying into these rallies is indeed partaking in attempts at profit taking based on speculation.

No, not really.

It is the last stages of the bubble, the final 300% or so, that attracts people like you to participate. Most of the coins are held by long-term investors, who bought them at anything prior to March, 2013, at average prices of $1-$30. If they decide to cash out en masse, and newbies panic, we may easily see $30-$100 again. But no, it will not be an end of the world. During the whole 2012, bitcoin only rose less than 200%.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:42:52 AM

I will return to this thread in a month to see how it ended.
BitcoinMillionaire

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bling Bling

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:49:12 AM

the coin will bottom at around $100, we've still got some crashing to do.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
XxionxX

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

Digital money you say?

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:28:22 AM

Well, you're the rare exception. It would be obvious though, that buying into these rallies is indeed partaking in attempts at profit taking based on speculation.

No, not really.

It is the last stages of the bubble, the final 300% or so, that attracts people like you to participate. Most of the coins are held by long-term investors, who bought them at anything prior to March, 2013, at average prices of $1-$30. If they decide to cash out en masse, and newbies panic, we may easily see $30-$100 again. But no, it will not be an end of the world. During the whole 2012, bitcoin only rose less than 200%.

Have you been watching me!? How did you know I bought my long term gains under 30!? Granted  I broke even today, but I just didn't feel like having my family worry about my buy in anymore.

I wasn't able to make a large buy at ~$50, but the run up made me not care. Now it's all house money, and I am just gonna let it ride. Sucks if I lose it, but it's not like I really lose much after that right?

I don't know if I am in the majority or the minority, but depending on what others like myself need, they might decide that they have made enough profit and just cash out.

FAP Turbo 2.0, the FOREX trading robot which also trades bitcoin!

I had to link it because I love the name. Seriously, that is the real name.
wopwop

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:31:46 AM

Lol if you bought at 5$ and didn't sell at 200$ then you missed out on a huge chance to quintuple^2 your bitcoin holdings buy buying again when it goes down

so anyone here praising 'longterm holders' as smart winners: they arent, the people that sold are the smart winners
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:48:15 AM

No, not really.

Have you been watching me!? How did you know I bought my long term gains under 30!? Granted  I broke even today, but I just didn't feel like having my family worry about my buy in anymore.

I wasn't able to make a large buy at ~$50, but the run up made me not care. Now it's all house money, and I am just gonna let it ride. Sucks if I lose it, but it's not like I really lose much after that right?

I don't know if I am in the majority or the minority, but depending on what others like myself need, they might decide that they have made enough profit and just cash out.

I was there to help you out in the beginning. So you took the loan, and paid it back in 30 days, and now you're holding (the freebies) for the longest time. Nice poker, man!  Grin

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:48:52 AM

The people that sold a small percentage in the 200s were smart/prudent, not the people who sold everything.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:50:17 AM

No, not really.

The reptile knows what's up.
XxionxX

Activity: 254

Digital money you say?

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:04:33 PM

I was there to help you out in the beginning. So you took the loan, and paid it back in 30 days, and now you're holding (the freebies) for the longest time. Nice poker, man!  Grin

Sadly I was unable to secure a loan in time for the run up Cry

However I am still doing very well for myself! I can't wait to see where bitcoin takes me in the coming years! I don't really care about the price anymore, I just want to see what happens! This has been the most profitable learning experience I have ever had! I love my bitcoins.

FAP Turbo 2.0, the FOREX trading robot which also trades bitcoin!

I had to link it because I love the name. Seriously, that is the real name.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:05:35 PM

Lol if you bought at 5$ and didn't sell at 200$ then you missed out on a huge chance to quintuple^2 your bitcoin holdings buy buying again when it goes down

so anyone here praising 'longterm holders' as smart winners: they arent, the people that sold are the smart winners

That works if you can see the future.

However I am still doing very well for myself! I can't wait to see where bitcoin takes me in the coming years! I don't really care about the price anymore, I just want to see what happens! This has been the most profitable learning experience I have ever had! I love my bitcoins.

A loan to speculate? I hope you are not serious.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:09:52 PM

That works if you can see the future.

A loan to speculate? I hope you are not serious.

The newbies are always serious.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: