Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:41:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline mode 1.5 years unable to get out of blockchain wallet consistant  (Read 2144 times)
SamSpade2 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:13:01 AM

This has been a REAL pain I started a long time ago with Armory..til tonight I was on 93.3 Armory and 1.11 BC. I'm really tired I need to get this corrected if so I'll donate some money. Mod I'm same as SamSpade  just hadn't been on for long time and Email had been changed since last  on I think never got password. I downloaded 95.1 and installed it looks like not much support anymore.

Help please 9.3 said wallet was consistent but could NOT get it to get to ONLINE mode to update blockchain.

I'm very tired and burnt out at 4 AM for now will have to reread all later. Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:37:26 PM

There's an Armory section here.

Armory is still supported and 0.95.1 is indeed the most recent version. Any reason it doesn't want to go online? Seeing the logs would be helpful. Meanwhile you can maybe try to manage Bitcoin Core manually, update it first, and them boot up Armory.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 03:38:11 PM

Delete your /databases folder in the Armory datadir.

SamSpade2 (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:06:09 PM

Thank you very much what Dir are the databases supposed to be I had used to use win 32 bitcoin then moved to 64 bitcoin everything worked. Are these databases listed under what location and what extension please. I'm really getting tired of fooling with this ani if it rebuild so much the better I guess. I think I got corrupted from a crash one time, I I also believe that somewhere the files are but don't know where to look. If I can find them and then put them in correct place I think I'll be back on.

95.1 is loading and showing wallet but no values and offline I updated to .13 something on BC also. I have a snip of my dir (explorer}  screen but no way to upload it that I can tell.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:09:49 PM

Default path in Windows is:

C:/Users/*yourusername*/AppData/Roaming/Armory/databases

SamSpade2 (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:15:01 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2016, 06:36:01 PM by SamSpade2

I've looked there and have two but no files are under them, the dir I have under that are 2bfFXcfRew ( my ID) and testnet3.

The open screen at last time a year ago I had to rebuild it it says that 2bfFXcfRew is ID restored > encrypted> no balance just .....

It might be best if I start over with paper but on a slow rural IP system better now but took 3 days of running first time.

Thanks. Anything else to help is appreciated and as I said if I can get this corrected and running correctly I'll donate to pay for your time only fair thing to do. Right now I'm in limbo land not knowing what to do. When corrected I understanding it but restoring it is far beyond me.

If I could upload snips it might help

Did you check SamSpade, only it needs to be merged into one. The old non-active email it was under was dovelove@swko.net
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:32:38 PM

Post your logs then

SamSpade2 (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:38:01 PM

Read previous please and where do I do that securely? to upload it. I have both yesterdays 93.3 and now 95.1 or as a text file here is it safe??
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:42:47 PM

You can copy paste your logs in pastebin and post the link here. Give me all the logs you got.

SamSpade2 (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:52:54 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2016, 08:44:18 PM by SamSpade2

Where in the world is this pastebin, I've looked everywhere for it?

Signed up sent PM to you and flagged an newbie no bad data don't have time for that just clean last logfile from me posted on patesbin as requested.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 11:48:30 AM

Your log suggests you are only using Armory 0.93.

Your blockchain history seems super old too:

Code:
-INFO  - 1452244825: (..\BlockUtils.cpp:1322) Total blockchain bytes: 50,611,985,356

This is what you should do:

1) If you have not done that yet, upgrade Bitcoin Core to 0.13.1. Then start BitcoinQt manually, let it fully catch up.

2) Install Armory 0.95.1: https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/releases/tag/v0.95.1

3) In your datadir folder (C:\Users\Zebra\AppData\Roaming\Armory\) do the following:

- delete the /databases folder
- delete armorylog.txt and armorycpplog.txt. Your logs are too long, I need something fresh to narrow down any potential issues.

Once this is all done, make sure BitcoinQt is closed, then start ArmoryQt.exe and let it do its thing. Report here afterwards.

SamSpade2 (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 06:48:10 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2016, 07:26:23 PM by SamSpade2

Thanks I'll try that but i've rebooted an both show .13,1 BQ and 95.1 now maybe that wasn't as late as logfile as I thought. Looks like I have plenty to do.
_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________
BQ when I load it says No blocksource available 1 year and 3 weeks behind

I looked at logfile and I thought it said I had 2 different locations for blockchain.

Under roaming I have:

No1. Armory>2bFXcxRew>
                                      2015-10-17-02-02>
                                                                   Armory_2bFXcxRew_old.wallet                                     
                                     ati assigned announce
                                      Database ( no folders or files at all)
                                      Testnet3

No 2. Bitcoin>Blocks ( with lots of large .dat files)>
                     chainstate
                     testnet3

I might delete where you said and try to send a new logfile.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 07:48:53 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2016, 08:40:48 AM by goatpig

Do not delete any file I did not instruct you to. Just go through the motions, ignore any step that you can't perform for now. And for love of all that's alive, please try to construct grammatically sound sentences.

SamSpade2 (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:19:54 AM

Do you have a brain damage as I, or did your mother just teach you rudeness? If I need to explain I wasn't writing an essay it was line by line instructions.... seems like someone so perfect could figure that above was my directory file structure since I seem unable to upload a screenshot.

I do my best and do appreciate your help but don't need humiliation or scolding, or is that your job title also? Thank you.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:46:22 AM

You showed me your armorylog.txt, I need to see dbLog.txt now.

If you do not have one, do the following:

- open the command line (type cmd in the Windows search bar)
- browse to your Armory installation folder (type this command in the prompt: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\)
- run ArmoryDB.exe (just type the name out and press return). Let it do its thing then post the log file.

since I seem unable to upload a screenshot

www.imgur.com

--------------------------

Do you have a brain damage as I, or did your mother just teach you rudeness? If I need to explain I wasn't writing an essay it was line by line instructions.... seems like someone so perfect could figure that above was my directory file structure since I seem unable to upload a screenshot.

I do my best and do appreciate your help but don't need humiliation or scolding, or is that your job title also? Thank you.

Since you can resort to proper English in order to insult the people helping you, you should have no problem maintaining that level of writing when asking for help.

As for your condition, I do not care. You didn't ask for special treatment before hand, so do not expect to be treated otherwise.

SamSpade2 (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 10:03:33 PM

Last 3 lines of Dos then seems locked up on bottom line, don't know what to do reboot, stop process or what. What dir will logfile you want be?

Organizing chain
Updated headers db in
enabling zero-conf tracking [Command seems to be locked on]

_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________

I sent you log file private: I take it was done didn't ever give command prompt back but created this logfile so far.
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:20:05 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2016, 03:34:24 AM by visdude

I'll take a stab at it.

***Disclaimer***
Note that the following procedure worked for me on a Windows machine but it might not work for you...so YMMV. Some of the steps may be redundant/unnecessary but it's how I did it. I'm just a plain ol' user sharing my experience:

1. rename the old Armory folder in the default directory to something else (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Armory) to be kept as backup. If you haven't done so already, it's also a good idea to copy your wallet files in it and save them somewhere else.

2. install Bitcoin Core 0.13.1, run it , let it sync/catch up and then close it

3. install Armory 0.95.1 but opt for "NOT" running Armory at the end of the installation process

4. start Armory 0.95.1 in Offline Mode [Start/All Progams/Armory/Bitcoin Armory (Offline)] but "Skip" creating a wallet. A new "Armory" folder will then be created in the default directory [C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Armory].

5. go to Armory settings [File/Settings...] and uncheck "Let Armory run Bitcoin-Core/bitcoind in the background"

6. change the rest of the settings according to your preference, click save, then close Armory

7. copy your wallet file/s from the old/renamed Armory folder into the new (0.95.1) Armory folder

6. start Bitcoin Core and let it sync and catch up

7. start Armory 0.95.1 and let it sync with Bitcoin Core, build the new DB and consequently scan transactions of your wallet/s.

Hopefully, it will work for you as well. Proceed at your own risk. Good luck.

SamSpade2 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:58:59 AM

Thank you very much for giving me help so very kind for helping. Yours is similar to "goatpig" ( good name) helping me and I sent him a private Email to him and he is helping hopefully he will continue.

Bitcoin will never take hold when you have complicated problem with wallets. When person that hasn't designed the program and it crashes through no fault of their own is unsolvable. The keys ( solution) to the problem lay with an individual company or person to get it going.  If you piss them off or they go under you are doomed to never recover....I guess being insolent to the customer doesn't count. I will donate but it doesn't encourage me to give as much.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 6473

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 05:07:52 AM

Last 3 lines of Dos then seems locked up on bottom line, don't know what to do reboot, stop process or what. What dir will logfile you want be?

Organizing chain
Updated headers db in
enabling zero-conf tracking [Command seems to be locked on]
That is supposed to happen. ArmoryDB runs in parallel with ArmoryQt, Qt depends on DB. The "hang" just means that the process is still running, but nothing of note has happened. Once you start ArmoryQt and everything works properly, a few more message should be printed regarding the wallet. When a new block is received, a message should be printed. Other than that, the console output (and the dblog.txt file) should be very quiet.

Bitcoin will never take hold when you have complicated problem with wallets a person hasn't designed and it crashes through no fault of their own. The keys ( solution) to the problem lay with an individual company or person to get it going.  If you piss them off or other you are doomed to never recover....I guess being insolent to the customer doesn't count.
Goatpig has ranted about this before. Read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1685013.msg17063560#msg17063560. It gives insight to why development is slow and the software has bugs and can sometimes be difficult to work with. It also gives some insight to the frustrations that he faces with continuing to work on this project.

I will donate but it doesn't encourage me to give as much.
You won't be able to donate because goatpig isn't accepting donations.

SamSpade2 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 05:12:08 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2016, 05:29:44 AM by SamSpade2

I feel sorry for him and would like to a person should be paid for their work it isn't required to give it away for free and people do appreciate it. Thanks for explaining I can't read minds and/or situation and neither can he, judgmental in any case when people are trying to get along is not necessary.
_______________________________________________________________________________ __________________________

I read your post and link it does give much more insite on it but still feel that if he is working on it he ought to be rewarded...I've been in similar situations, it is NOT fun being the "responsible" party in an endeavor. And by that I mean doing what SHOULD be done by all. Maybe he ought to take donations so it is fairer to all and lowers stress.

FINALLY I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER AND BITCOIN AND/OR ARMORY IS NOT MY MAIN BUSINESS SO DON'T EXPECT ME TO UNDERSTAND ALL.  I could throw a lot out about mine and people would have no idea or understanding of it also and I don't expect them to there is a difference.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: