Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 08:27:21 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy now at Mt.Gox' $190 price or wait?  (Read 1977 times)
MonkeyMarcel
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 97



View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:17:02 PM
 #1

I am getting ready to buy my first Bitcoins, should buy now or wait a week?

What are your opinions?  

UPDATE 24/4/2013: I ended up buying at US$75 per BTC. I am pretty happy about that!  Grin
1511036841
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1511036841

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1511036841
Reply with quote  #2

1511036841
Report to moderator
1511036841
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1511036841

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1511036841
Reply with quote  #2

1511036841
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1511036841
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1511036841

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1511036841
Reply with quote  #2

1511036841
Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 1190


Will read PM's. Have more time lately


View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:18:59 PM
 #2

I am getting ready to buy my first Bitcoins, should buy now or wait a week?

What are your opinions? 
Uh, I remember a thread on this a week ago.

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

MonkeyMarcel
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 97



View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:21:53 PM
 #3

I am getting ready to buy my first Bitcoins, should buy now or wait a week?

What are your opinions? 
Uh, I remember a thread on this a week ago.
Link please, the seach funtion is useless.
psybits
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1302


Crypto Addicto


View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 04:23:25 PM
 #4

I am getting ready to buy my first Bitcoins, should buy now or wait a week?

What are your opinions? 

Get your cash to BTC-e and buy there  Wink

grue
Global Moderator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2030



View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:48:52 PM
 #5

I am getting ready to buy my first Bitcoins, should buy now or wait a week?

What are your opinions? 
Uh, I remember a thread on this a week ago.
Link please, the seach funtion is useless.

go to google:
site:bitcointalk.org your search term here

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
mjsbuddha
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 336


yung lean


View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:12:13 PM
 #6

I am getting ready to buy my first Bitcoins, should buy now or wait a week?

What are your opinions? 

Get your cash to BTC-e and buy there  Wink

With 1/10th the volume of gox. hope you dont want to buy/sell and large amounts.
Tronlet
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 224



View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:08:59 PM
 #7

If anyone knew definitively the answer to that question, the price would either be at $0 or $1000+.

My personal opinion is that it will keep going up for a little while longer, but is bound to crash soon, and that the long-term valuation is $1000+ but that's not how the market is going to be behaving short-term.

bitcoincraps
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98



View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 10:24:00 PM
 #8

I have asked the same question myself when the price was $30, $45, $70, $90, $120, and 3-4 days ago when it reached $140. Everyone told me "it's a bubble". Yes, it's a bubble but bubbles can grow for years before burst. Its hard to answer...but i don't think that the bubble will burst before december this year.

evolve
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 700


daytrader/superhero


View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:28:09 PM
 #9

I am getting ready to buy my first Bitcoins, should buy now or wait a week?

Truth is no one knows, and taking financial advice from random people on an internet forum is a sure way to poverty.

Figure out what you can afford to lose and how much risk you can tolerate, and base your decision off of that.
HUSTLER
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 70



View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:28:46 AM
 #10

BUY NOW
HappyBitCoinUser
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 182



View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:30:17 AM
 #11

Buy now at $190 or buy in a few weeks at $300, depend which is better for you.
bitcoincraps
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98



View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 11:29:38 AM
 #12

It's already trading at $200...Smiley

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 1190


Will read PM's. Have more time lately


View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:14:01 PM
 #13

I am getting ready to buy my first Bitcoins, should buy now or wait a week?

What are your opinions? 
Uh, I remember a thread on this a week ago.
Link please, the seach funtion is useless.

Nah, I can't find that for the moment. I'll be sure to bookmark this thread when the next thread comes along.

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

Surpbitcoin
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 112



View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:15:47 PM
 #14

I am getting ready to buy my first Bitcoins, should buy now or wait a week?

What are your opinions? 
Uh, I remember a thread on this a week ago.
Link please, the seach funtion is useless.

Nah, I can't find that for the moment. I'll be sure to bookmark this thread when the next thread comes along.


LOLLOLLOL
MaTachi
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98


Hack the planet!


View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 12:17:56 PM
 #15

Buy now of course! It will rise to heaven, invest now when you still have time!

@DanielJonss. On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
MaTachi
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98


Hack the planet!


View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 12:42:20 PM
 #16

Check this thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167611.0

The price was predicted to reach 200 today, which it obviously did. And it's predicted to be at 300 by the 15th of April!

@DanielJonss. On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Razick
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 952



View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:48:58 PM
 #17

If anyone knew definitively the answer to that question, the price would either be at $0 or $1000+.

My personal opinion is that it will keep going up for a little while longer, but is bound to crash soon, and that the long-term valuation is $1000+ but that's not how the market is going to be behaving short-term.

+2



                                         ▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
....ANGEL TOKEN....


                                         ▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀ 
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀ 
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀   
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█     
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █     
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█     
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌     
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌     
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌     
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █     
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌     
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀       
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀         
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀           
                 ▀▀████████▀▀             

MonkeyMarcel
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 97



View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:55:37 PM
 #18

Thanx guys!
RodeoX
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2450


The revolution will be monetized!


View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:58:20 PM
 #19

Do not trust anyone who confidently answers this question. No one knows what the squiggly line will do next.
My OPINION is that the price will go much higher now that mainstream traders are discovering bitcoin. The hard part in deciding on valuation is that BTC is backed by market demand rather than future profits. For example, FaceBook is unlikely to double it's value because everyone who is inclined to join FB already has. Bitcoin could double in value even if it is $10,000 per coin. It would only take wider adoption and use.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Free bitcoin in ICELAND - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1610684
RaTTuS
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 781


Bite me


View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:29:43 PM
 #20


In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!