Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:41:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There doesn't seem to be an Altcoin Technical Subheading  (Read 425 times)
paramind22 (OP)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 06:14:22 PM

I've noticed that often in the Altcoin discussion here there isn't a lot of technical discussions of the coins, which is very important.
Maybe we need another subdivision? 

Bitcoin Section has "Development & Technical Discussion."

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:41:57 PM

I've noticed that often in the Altcoin discussion here there isn't a lot of technical discussions of the coins, which is very important.
Maybe we need another subdivision?  

Bitcoin Section has "Development & Technical Discussion."
Maybe we need a separate sub-forum for altcoins,no ? There,http://altcointalk.org/
Speaking of which,it wouldn't be feasible to have a mixed D &TD board mixed up for all altcoins.Let it be the way it is.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 06:49:47 PM

As far as I've seen, there hasn't been many issues regarding altcoin technical discussions pushing down more casual threads. Price speculation did and now it has it's separate board. Until the number of technical discussions grows to that kind of volume, I really don't see a reason for creating a new board.

paramind22 (OP)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 10:23:12 PM

I think they're just being ignored and people aren't really expecting them.  But it's a good point, better to have a need for something than
a relatively empty subheading.

There are a lot of issues, like for instance the current Synereo situation.  Also, it would be nice to talk about the technology of all the different altcoins in one place.  A thread in the current discussion area may be like a type of shell shock, with no one wanting to look like the odd man out in wanting to discuss.  I don't mind hearing my voice echo, so I will try some soon.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: