Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:53:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E.com - Not Able to login! WARNING - They are not helping me!  (Read 7320 times)
OversightNL (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:05:39 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 11:10:53 PM by OversightNL

Hello all,

I have some issues with BTC-E.com I made an account this weekend and started trading BTC and LTC.
All was okay, I was unable to confirm my e-mail because of an error :-/ But that didnt restrict any function on the website.

Then last night i was logged out because of (i think) inactivity... Ok np happend before so I tryed to relogin. Bad password.. ok typo perhaps no again bad password.

"Ok Crap lets try the forgot password function" >> Put in my e-mail adress in the password recovery form... not found... "F*CK!"
Its also possible to put in your username... >> "ok lets do that..." Ah that seemed to work, yet I never recieve any e-mail from BTC-E.com

ok at this point im getting paranoia. I think the TROLL chatbox messed with my brain Smiley I am an IT PRO so starting to check my firewall. >> Clear >> Network hardware firewall ... Clear. Ok no hacks Smiley

They list a lot of support methods on there website. Skype, ICQ and e-mail. Ok cool Lets contact them... at least that is what i thought...

Skype was my first bet, nope no responce after 2 hours. lets e-mail them... 1 day later no responce. let try ICQ (Old school) downloaded and installed it. No quick responce but after a 15min or so. I got someone who didnt understand me and couldnt write english. He/She told me simply. WAIT
So i did for 20 min and he got offline. "BullSh*t!"

This forum is my i think final option... I already PM btc-e.com's account here but no responce!

My account at BTC-E.com has like ~1k of USD worth of LTC in there so I want access!

So please admin of BTC-E.com FIX MY ACCOUNT!

My issue is:
Unable to login. Password is not accepted and not changed!

username: Oversight

For more info on my account: (I have the following!)
E-mail adres
Screenshot of website when I was logged in

I would really like some support now Smiley

Update: I currently am missing 4.84 BTC from my account. BTC-E.com will not credit this to my account. WARNING! Do not put money on this website before these issues are fixed!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:33:53 PM

If anyone can forward this or post this in the BTC-E.com Topic please post it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.0

Thanks in advance!
Rimas1978

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:43:29 PM

I have exactly the same problem right now that has been going on for hours and hours,,,
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:45:28 PM

Well support was very rude! Didnt even take the time over ICQ to talk to me. let me waiting for over an hour and just LEFT! Thats no way to respond to an issue!

BTC-E.com better fixes this soon. They hold my Cash atm and i am not pleased to say the least!
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:47:22 PM

I have exactly the same problem right now that has been going on for hours and hours,,,

Did you get in contact with them? I cannot seem to get any responce other than "WAIT" on ICQ :@
Rimas1978

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:48:47 PM

I'm not getting anywhere.... my username is Rimas admin............ all i need is a password reset email
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:54:35 PM

I'm not getting anywhere.... my username is Rimas admin............ all i need is a password reset email

Can u check if you can use the password recovery with your e-mail adres...? When I put in my username it tell me it did send it. (It Doenst) When i put in my e-mail it doesnt even find my username! BUGGED!
syn999

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:18:20 PM

BTC-E is one of most difficult web i have faced. The price on the site seem always always ten dollas cheaper than mt. Gox. but the support are very helpful, i sent them an email about my account days ago and i got no reply or anything. I see people wants to add money on their site by offer more USD on paypal. This is crazy

OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:23:47 PM

Well hopefully they wake up and give us some support! I need access to my account!
btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 06:33:08 PM

Well hopefully they wake up and give us some support! I need access to my account!

Please contact support.

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:42:58 PM

OMG!

You are not giving me support! I am talking to you on ICQ but you dont seem to awnser. The PM I send you just tells me to open account.

I CANT OPEN MY ACCOUNT!
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:54:36 PM

Please contact support.

Sir, Im trying really hard to be nice and all.

ATM i try to contact you over icq, explain all over again. And all you reply back is "open account"

What kind of support is that? I need my account fixed. Tell me what is going on !
EvilLizardApparel

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:56:49 PM

I am having same problem. Support said talk to admin..I emailed, no reply yet. Started happening yesterday afternoon.
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:00:11 PM

I am having same problem. Support said talk to admin..I emailed, no reply yet. Started happening yesterday afternoon.

I work in a hardware support engineering company, i never ever seen this poor support. What e-mail did you write to. As of now I dont have much fate in e-mailing support. This is an admin issue!
EvilLizardApparel

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:06:06 PM

Emailed support@btc-e.com ...That is the email support told me to send a message too.
btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 07:40:32 PM

He extortionist

Mark Z (23:28:59 8/04/2013)
Out of fairness I will close topic and not come back not speak about it if you give me back my BTC

Mark Z (23:29:36 8/04/2013)
because if im not being compensated Ill just leave the topic open

Mark Z (23:31:34 8/04/2013)
Come on you make tons of money, at least make this right!

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
EvilLizardApparel

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:45:29 PM

Well he has a right to be upset..we aren't getting answers, sir. I have a decent amount of money in your exchange, and your policy on the website dictates if a government agency asks you that you will release information about trade, account access, users... I don't want it to get that far, I just want some support. My account had money in it, now who knows, and I can't login..We have a right to be upset.

EDIT: Also..you can reply here, and yield no information...But you can't get back to me through email or PM or anything? On btc-e.com all I get is email support@btc-e.com ...and I get nothing.

EDIT: Under your terms and conditions...

Privacy

BTC-e will not share, publish, or sell any user data contained in its databases. However, BTC-e may be requested at any time to share trade data including, but not restricted to, emails, user transactions, and trade data by government authorities. BTC-e will not deny such requests and cannot be held responsible for the leakage of information by third parties whether the action was performed intentionally or not. We are prohibited from using multiple accounts.
-----
So if you can't figure out how my account and money up and vanished, someone can.
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:48:41 PM

He extortionist

Out of fairness I will close topic and not come back not speak about it if you give me back my BTC

Sure, your system is bugged. I didnt give away my password! I could not verify my e-mail adres! because i got an error on your website! I am not the only one here. Now I lost 4.84 bitcoin.

Also why didnt you respond to me this morning on ICQ and you can now? HMM Because you found the exploit and fixed it?

You can call me whatever you want. Just wait for more people to speak out here! I gave you a chance of making it right. And you blew it!
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:53:28 PM

Let me sum up some thing:

Bad Customer support:
  • Very hard to get in touch
  • When you get a reply its usually one word! like: "WAIT" and you wait and he is offline :@

System is bugged, I am pretty sure accounts registered around this weekend could be affected. because e-mail verification wasnt working and probably some people exploited a feature.
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:56:00 PM

Well he has a right to be upset..we aren't getting answers, sir. I have a decent amount of money in your exchange, and your policy on the website dictates if a government agency asks you that you will release information about trade, account access, users... I don't want it to get that far, I just want some support. My account had money in it, now who knows, and I can't login..We have a right to be upset.

EDIT: Also..you can reply here, and yield no information...But you can't get back to me through email or PM or anything? On btc-e.com all I get is email support@btc-e.com ...and I get nothing.

EDIT: Under your terms and conditions...

Privacy

BTC-e will not share, publish, or sell any user data contained in its databases. However, BTC-e may be requested at any time to share trade data including, but not restricted to, emails, user transactions, and trade data by government authorities. BTC-e will not deny such requests and cannot be held responsible for the leakage of information by third parties whether the action was performed intentionally or not. We are prohibited from using multiple accounts.
-----
So if you can't figure out how my account and money up and vanished, someone can.

Well they share my chat, what company does that... not that I care. Im not wrong here!

Edit: EvilLizardApparel, its probably gone...

EvilLizardApparel

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:59:45 PM

Don't double post...People don't like that. Anyways, if I get a reply I'll let you know.

EDIT: If my money is up and gone, they owe me a new car. A nice car.
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:01:23 PM

Sure, BTC-E.com looks like fun, but its unsecure! Big warning! Support is slowpoke and when the shit hits the fan. $&#*)^$&@#)
thisway

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:08:28 PM

Had the same problem some days ago. Password was not working .. I didn't receive any email. The good point is, I actually remeber my password and got access.
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:10:09 PM

Had the same problem some days ago. Password was not working .. I didn't receive any email. The good point is, I actually remeber my password and got access.

Its bugged, or it was. I got "screwed" Good you didn't! be carefull!
EvilLizardApparel

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:51:20 PM

I still can't get in. I have a lot of savings in there. Its like they are avoiding my emails and PM's since a few hours ago....I'm like nauseous right now.
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:54:41 PM

I still can't get in. I have a lot of savings in there. Its like they are avoiding my emails and PM's since a few hours ago....I'm like nauseous right now.

If you don't mind my asking, how much do you have in there... I lost <5 BTC. its sucks but it aint my life savings... I would go out for the worst! Because if you have the same issue its gone!
EvilLizardApparel

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:57:03 PM

A few years savings worth. Support just PM'ed me here.
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:58:25 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 09:12:08 PM by OversightNL

edit: Keep us posted!
tarzan

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:16:44 PM

Same happened to me! I wrote them 3 E-mails and tried contacting them to 3 different support Skype contacts and guess how many replies I received. NONE!
I'm using Linux and had no security breach, My password is way more than 10 characters, random lower and upper case letters, numbers and special characters. No way to brute force that password in at least several decades.

Process was the same, I was logged off, thought it was inactivity logout, but when I tried reconnecting, password didn't match. When I requested password to my e-mail acc., I received a message that my account no longer exist. When I tried resetting password with my username, thing worked, but I did not receve anything, because it seems BTC-E (or someone with access to their database) changed my e-mail address.I've had BTC and LTCs on that account!!

I immediately reported the issue, but they never even tried to answer anything. I intend to go further with this dispute, because it all looks like we are being robbed in the middle of the day.  Embarrassed

As far as I'm concerned, BTC-E has the worst customer support on earth. I loved their market, but it all seems I'll have to make sure everyone knows how they operate.  Cry
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:21:20 PM

Same happened to me! I wrote them 3 E-mails and tried contacting them to 3 different support Skype contacts and guess how many replies I received. NONE!
I'm using Linux and had no security breach, My password is way more than 10 characters, random lower and upper case letters, numbers and special characters. No way to brute force that password in at least several decades.

Process was the same, I was logged off, thought it was inactivity logout, but when I tried reconnecting, password didn't match. When I requested password to my e-mail acc., I received a message that my account no longer exist. When I tried resetting password with my username, thing worked, but I did not receve anything, because it seems BTC-E (or someone with access to their database) changed my e-mail address.I've had BTC and LTCs on that account!!

I immediately reported the issue, but they never even tried to answer anything. I intend to go further with this dispute, because it all looks like we are being robbed in the middle of the day.  Embarrassed

As far as I'm concerned, BTC-E has the worst customer support on earth. I loved their market, but it all seems I'll have to make sure everyone knows how they operate.  Cry

I hear you! I want my 4.84 BTC back! yet he doesnt give a sh*t about us!
EvilLizardApparel

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:37:20 PM

Still waiting on another email from support, but he made it seem like he was going to do something. I'm not jumping on a wagon to bash BTC-e, I love the place, I'm just upset years of savings are possibly just "gone". I will let you know what happens.
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:45:44 PM

Still waiting on another email from support, but he made it seem like he was going to do something. I'm not jumping on a wagon to bash BTC-e, I love the place, I'm just upset years of savings are possibly just "gone". I will let you know what happens.

The thing is I like it to. Also I like a company who supports there clients. I dont see that. Secondly I really hope you get your savings back! I dont think I will see anything back because I posted here. But still I think its the right thing to do for the rest of us.
spacediver

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 09:52:32 PM

My mileage is follows: Register, enter funds, trade, withdraw funds. Though, I've lost my password, and it was the period of non-working email, I've regiestered to another one, entered funds, done trading, withdrew funds.

So I'd just better not keep funds at the marketplace for a long periods of time.

BTW, thanks for great service of BTC-E. I personally understand that you are probably in great stress due to spike of interest and load — I wish you to grow stable and тaк дepжaть! Wink
tarzan

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:54:51 PM

This is not only unprofessional. Someone could at least check the e-mail inbox, if nothing else and tell us what is happening. I reported soon enough, so even if my account couldn't be saved, many others would not get into same cr.ap.

I was extremely happy about BTC-e. I thought it was the best market, with nice, simple interface. I don't want to share with others what I feel about it now.  Angry
tarzan

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:02:35 PM

My mileage is follows: Register, enter funds, trade, withdraw funds. Though, I've lost my password, and it was the period of non-working email, I've regiestered to another one, entered funds, done trading, withdrew funds.

So I'd just better not keep funds at the marketplace for a long periods of time.

BTW, thanks for great service of BTC-E. I personally understand that you are probably in great stress due to spike of interest and load — I wish you to grow stable and тaк дepжaть! Wink

тaк дepжaть?

Customer support does not exist. Not a single answer in 24 hours, people that did get to talk to the guy were ditched in a couple of seconds. Things have to change drastically! That kind of attitude is eventually going to kill the whole thing. I wish I'd rather just mine coins andkeep them in my wallet, leaving BTC-e market alone.
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:33:12 PM

No news on my 4.84 BTC still not in my account.

Current opinion: DO NOT FUND YOUR ACCOUNT AT BTC-E.COM

Rimas1978

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:45:52 PM

I am so pissed off with their lack of help. I even used the 'verify email address' feature to make sure my email address is right

Surely they would want to keep their customers happy? I have had 3 hours sleep becasuse of all this.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 10:48:55 PM

Yeah this sucks for you guys waiting for customer support to help you out... though it reminds me of 2 lessons we all should learn from....

BTC-e was very quick to take on NVC on the exchange... seems they can be bought if the price is right....

and BFL customer support is the only customer support that seems as bad as the BTC-e customer support...

I think if we all want to be rid of the banking system and embrace the freedom crypto-currencies gives the individual... then BE BLOODY CAREFUL WITH YOUR MONEY!!! a post in here said to open an account, trade, then withdraw all... is sound advice for massive trades... otherwise only keep on account what u can afford to loose, Paper wallets are there for a reason.

I think it is a shame that BTC-e can not resolve this issue faster or with some degree of clarity here... one user is only talking about 4-5btc... that really not much for BTC-e to be looking to scam someone out of and tbh the publicity from this will be worse than the moneytary gains to be had from the lost account.  But what does seem to be the case here is BTC-e being overloaded with new users, scams, DDOS, and the rest.... not to mention the difficult language barrier that seems to be rearing its head in this instance... sorry but even I have difficulty understanding the btc-e responses on this post...

is there not an ICR node for BTC-e??

Is there not a helpful translator that can aid in this situation to see if the matter can be resolved?

If there is an issue with verifying the emails for accounts then should BTC-e not be eager to hear about this bug?

last thing i'll say is be careful!!! again its ur money, so up to you what you do with it, but sending btc worth near $1000 to a site that you have not been able to verify ur email address on should give you alarm bells ringing that you should hold off trading or sending funds into the account for a while.... its a lesson and these are changing times that we are a part of, be sure you take all necessary precautions to keep your funds safe.... Have you encrypted your wallet on your local computer?? have you backed up your wallet.dat file?? it doesn't take much for you too loose everything through poor planning... read round and find out what u need to do to keep ur funds safe, or ur gonna have a bad time.... there are people i know with wallets lost on formatted HD's with 100's of BTC in them and online wallets with lost passwords.... rather sad when u think what they worth nowadays... but least it takes some of the 21million BTC out of existance and makes my BTC more valuable.

TL;DR  BTC-E sort this out... get a translator to help clarify problems..... and users protect yoursleves...

Only matter of time before Pirate Fund Mark 2 scam comes along...

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Rimas1978

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:49:42 PM

Guys, good news, the password reset form now works. give it a try with your username....
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:08:05 PM

Guys, good news, the password reset form now works. give it a try with your username....

I knew that only to find out my 4.84 BTC is MISSING... BTC-E.com wont give it back!
tarzan

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:10:14 PM

Didn't work for  me. I'm not sure where that e-mail ended, but, it wasn't my inbox.  Angry
nonamefour

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:10:22 PM

Also had my account access taken away, been speaking to support all day with very few replies that made sense and the ones that did were not of any help at all. Still waiting to get my account back.
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:15:25 PM

Well they better give all access and Coins back or im not done with it.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:37:57 PM

I knew that only to find out my 4.84 BTC is MISSING... BTC-E.com wont give it back!

Did you click any links in the trollbox ?
Rimas1978

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:42:13 PM

Sorry to hear that.

I was so thankful when I saw all my Litecoins sitting there (1633 of them).... But I transferred them out to another wallet. I don't trust these clowns at all..
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:44:27 PM

Nope. Didnt do that... It was server sided. my account did not want to verify my e-mail got an error. It seems someone exploited my account and those of others.

I did type in the chatbox before it happend. So they got my account name probably... Then ran the exploit, it seems to be with account registered during the weekend, but im not sure. I am sure that he fixed it later because I registered a second account to test and could send verification e-mail perfectly. Now a few people including me are Fed and get no help what so ever...
Rimas1978

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:16:14 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 02:27:17 AM by Rimas1978

Nope. Didnt do that... It was server sided. my account did not want to verify my e-mail got an error. It seems someone exploited my account and those of others.

I did type in the chatbox before it happend. So they got my account name probably... Then ran the exploit, it seems to be with account registered during the weekend, but im not sure. I am sure that he fixed it later because I registered a second account to test and could send verification e-mail perfectly. Now a few people including me are Fed and get no help what so ever...

I wonder what happened with mine. I verified my email address, then changed my password to a something long and then thought "I'll logout and back in to make sure everything works fine" and that when the problems started. I was up until about 3:30am crapping my pants that I had lost around 7k.

To be honest, I think this was deliberate on their side. Things like this just don't 'happen'. And just in case you are wondering I am an IT professional of 15 years that has been specialising is web development. I understand this shit inside out and back to front, so if you have any questions, just ask.

It's funny how the password reset form just stared working (I even got 3 emails from their support address a few hours ago).

In all honesty, I believe it it wasn't for this forum post, people would have lost a lot of money. I will never trade with them again.
Rimas1978

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:22:11 AM

DON'T give up friend... If they stole your money then fight it. Shit just doesn't go missing (see my post above about being an IT pro).

If enough people speak up then things will change, especially with their lame ass support.
Berghoff

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:29:07 AM

Well support was very rude! Didnt even take the time over ICQ to talk to me. let me waiting for over an hour and just LEFT! Thats no way to respond to an issue!

BTC-E.com better fixes this soon. They hold my Cash atm and i am not pleased to say the least!

Just remember that this is supposed to be one of the benefits of bitcoin and other alternative currencies, that they are unregulated. 

As soon as people start getting screwed over when companies become unresponsive, they'll quickly turn on the whole concept and demand regulation or exit all together. 

But anyhow .... yeah, I always transfer everything out of these exchanges as soon as I possibly can.  I don't trust any of them to be staffed or maintained properly.
master-P

Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 03:22:39 AM

He extortionist

There is no extortion there as far as i can see. If he was trying to get coins from you that he wasn't owed, that would be extortion. You have an opportunity here to rectify this problem and earn trust and respect from the members here Smiley

I will be keeping my eye on this thread.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Rimas1978

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:29:20 AM

Just remember that this is supposed to be one of the benefits of bitcoin and other alternative currencies, that they are unregulated. 

As soon as people start getting screwed over when companies become unresponsive, they'll quickly turn on the whole concept and demand regulation or exit all together. 

But anyhow .... yeah, I always transfer everything out of these exchanges as soon as I possibly can.  I don't trust any of them to be staffed or maintained properly.

Just because something is not regulated that does not mean a business in that unregulated field should provide absolute shit support. They are the worst I have ever encountered.

Why would people put 1000's of dollars in the hands of people who can't even bother to answer simple question (not me any more). They have a website in English, so for fucks sake get people who speak English fluently to provide that support.

It's not good enough, regulated or not.
hoplouie

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:36:06 AM

that is wicked. I find it interesting that Vicurex goes down and BTC-e starts tradingTRC an PCC. Sorry for your losses.
OversightNL (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:13:36 AM

Lol, BTC-E posts about better support on there website. Where is my support?

WHERE THE F ARE MY 4.84 BTC? Thief?
Rimas1978

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:17:00 AM

He extortionist

There is no extortion there as far as i can see. If he was trying to get coins from you that he wasn't owed, that would be extortion. You have an opportunity here to rectify this problem and earn trust and respect from the members here Smiley

I will be keeping my eye on this thread.

FIX THIS BTC-E! You surely have access to all the transactions? Tell us where the 4.84 btc went?
nonamefour

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:51:07 AM

BTC-E Still won't give me my account back. No Response since yesterday.
Geddi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

It's the muffins that must be stopped.

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:06:08 PM

That's a lot of panic about money you should not care about if you lose it, speculating or otherwise. After all you're investing in something new, not?
I had an issue with btc-e some time ago, about missing $250. They solved it without a glitch, but not within 10 seconds. I trust them. Only for bitcoins, but i do.
nonamefour

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:16:08 PM

I've waited 48hrs and would have got a more intelligent response from a 5yr old.
mutikainen

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:56:58 PM

anyone else had problems like this with btc-e?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:04:58 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 01:15:38 PM by franky1

what a load of FUD

there was no exploit, there was no hacks or thefts done by the exchange. it just shows that you would rather beleive the scare tactics of the troll box then to learn the actual facts of the case.

on april 4th a majority of exchanges and pools got DDOS'ed. for those that are not aware a ddos is not a hacking method to steal money. it is a method to just push so much information into a website that it lags.

BTC-E decided to disable its email servers so that more server power went into active trading.
https://btc-e.com/news/128

other exchanges have been known to temporarily remove/disable less key systems to ensure stability for the more general user.

on april 9th the email servers were switched back on
https://btc-e.com/news/131

so those that did not get emails, please don't call it an exploit. it was in the announcements from the 4th of april. so keep an eye on the announcements. they may lack english grammar but atleast they inform you better then mtgox.

i for one am a person that if something looks dodgy i will go out my way to look into it *cough* BFL *cough*  Grin but BTC-E although run by russians where most trolls stereotype them as 'russian mafia', BTC-e has done a great job when actual hacks occured last year and they dealt with it in a speedy time, without anyone losing out.

that being said. they are still a third party. so using them as a long term bank, using anyone that is not yourself as a long term bank is something you all need to think about intensively.

only put in the funds you want to play with in, the day you want to play with them. and withdraw it before you go sleep. only truly trust those people long term that you know, and are able to slap across the face with a wet fish if they deceived you.

remember its your money, no banks will bail you out. theirs no government insurance policies against loss. so trust yourself to be wise with your funds.

i have many coins but i would only keep in a few coins overnight that i deem a safe risk to add a few pennys if the orders hit. i do the same with institutional banking systems also, so its not just a bitcoin precaution.

what you will find though is shouting abuse will not get speedy results. infact they are within their rights to put your issues to the bottom of the pile if you become abusive/extortionate.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
EvilLizardApparel

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:23:52 PM

I'm missing 8565 LTC. And my account history shows no withdrawal since the 4th, I have screen captures.
Blindfolded

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:05:22 AM

what a load of FUD

there was no exploit, there was no hacks or thefts done by the exchange. it just shows that you would rather beleive the scare tactics of the troll box then to learn the actual facts of the case.

on april 4th a majority of exchanges and pools got DDOS'ed. for those that are not aware a ddos is not a hacking method to steal money. it is a method to just push so much information into a website that it lags.

BTC-E decided to disable its email servers so that more server power went into active trading.

other exchanges have been known to temporarily remove/disable less key systems to ensure stability for the more general user.

so those that did not get emails, please don't call it an exploit. it was in the announcements from the 4th of april. so keep an eye on the announcements. they may lack english grammar but atleast they inform you better then mtgox.

i for one am a person that if something looks dodgy i will go out my way to look into it *cough* BFL *cough*  Grin but BTC-E although run by russians where most trolls stereotype them as 'russian mafia', BTC-e has done a great job when actual hacks occured last year and they dealt with it in a speedy time, without anyone losing out.

that being said. they are still a third party. so using them as a long term bank, using anyone that is not yourself as a long term bank is something you all need to think about intensively.

only put in the funds you want to play with in, the day you want to play with them. and withdraw it before you go sleep. only truly trust those people long term that you know, and are able to slap across the face with a wet fish if they deceived you.

remember its your money, no banks will bail you out. theirs no government insurance policies against loss. so trust yourself to be wise with your funds.

i have many coins but i would only keep in a few coins overnight that i deem a safe risk to add a few pennys if the orders hit. i do the same with institutional banking systems also, so its not just a bitcoin precaution.

what you will find though is shouting abuse will not get speedy results. infact they are within their rights to put your issues to the bottom of the pile if you become abusive/extortionate.

Good advice, and well spoken.
evonymus

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:56:43 AM

BTC-e has very quick support
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:01:46 AM

This thread really needs more attention.

Something is definitely not right here

I too am locked out of my account. It happened very abruptly last night and I immediately started emailing support about it. I didn't know about the ticket system until this morning so I opened up a ticket and it took almost 8 hours to respond to it. Now after I've given my username I have waited another 5 hours and still no response.

I had roughly 5BTC in my account, not much, but at the time it was worth about $1000.

To back up just a bit, I registered my account just a few days ago, never got a confirmation email from BTC-e, had to manually request verification by emailing support, and got locked out of my account. Tried password resets in vain, locked myself out of the account several times.

If there are any BTC missing from my account we really need to get vocal about demanding payment. If exchanges keep operating like this then it will just fuel the fire of bitcoin needing more regulation to prevent stupid shit like this.
Rimas1978

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:21:02 AM

what a load of FUD

The email thing doesn't make sense. I received a confirmation email when I confirmed my email address. Yeah different server probably but it would be changing 1 line of code to make it go through an email server that worked.

I typed my password in notepad as it was long and complex, then copied and pasted it into the change password thing... When I was about to go to bed, I thought I would log out and back in again just to make sure everything worked fine, and that's where the shit started. I know they are working on improvements and maybe I was too hard on them, but when you have a shit load of cash sitting there you do get slightly worried. I know it's only money and at the end of our life it won't mean shit, but not receiving any messages from support and when they finally sent something they made no sense.
Rimas1978

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:23:31 AM

And why are people losing money?
phr0stbyt3

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:37:40 AM

And why are people losing money?

After 24 hours I still have not regained access to my account. I can't say for sure whether I lost money or not but the way things are looking that is probably the case. Could be a major security breach @ BTC-e

Set this thread on fire until we get answers.
Flagstaff_Miner

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:47:14 AM

Went to bed last night with everything working only to wake up to not being able to log in. Ticket #126 and no response yet.

Same issue as everyone else. Invalid password and then email not on file. Does anyone have any updates?Huh?
phr0stbyt3

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:45:31 AM

I got a response today asking for my username... that was 8 hours ago. I responded within minutes. Ticket #48
libertysilver

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:45:47 AM

I too have had trouble logging into my account for several days.

Tonight I finally got in and my coins were gone.

4.77 BTC
526 PPC
306 LTC
Also NMC and DVC

I haven't sorted out the NMC or DVC yet as there were buys and sells and withdrawals
back and forth.

But Several thousand dollars total.

If there is a programmer or someone who understands the blockchain this would be helpful.
I have copies of all the records.

I have sent a support ticket.  But would really appreciate if someone who knows how
to track this down could help.  I have the withdrawal addresses.

And am familiar with this site to track down the chain of events: http://blockexplorer.com/.

Whoever is doing this, is leaving a long trail.
pindis

Activity: 187

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:23:02 AM

I have access to my account, however it was compromised, lost around 19 LTC. I know this might have been my own fault, using a bad password. However for me it seems like they should have some other sort of withdraw-confirmation too.

I'm sorry for your loss though, and I hope you get it back!
injpn

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:51:55 AM

My take on this is as follows.

1. Somehow your passwords were stolen (bot/hack/human error/bruteforce)
2. Your account was accessed and email changed
( this defeats the email verification for withdrawing/sending funds)
3. Funds were stolen and perhaps your email set back

The reason BTC-e are not able to help you is they most likely do not keep a forensic history of account changes.
So potentially they have no way of knowing what email address you signed up with and no idea of any changes performed since.

Script kiddies make a solid trading platform NOT.
Why are 180 or so bots on their server at any one time?

Speculation of course but then the last 24hrs of crypto coin have been nothing but that.

I'm pulling all LTC/BTC from them and Mt.Gox until there is a professional online platform.
Flagstaff_Miner

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:53:37 AM

Im finding out I was compromised as well. They got off with 43.75 BTC...

Here's what I can find. My hacker was from Australia. This info is reference for others.

IP: 110.175.137.253
Transaction ID: d5fb1cd954390f19b64a75b3af5ba30868df6dfa629b8e147bd05739c9fbf809
BTC Wallet Address: 1EfYahxF46qNJsM2fB6STrWfR8pBR9yg6v

Sent another Ticket to BTC-E, We'll see how this goes.
pindis

Activity: 187

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:06:50 PM

Im finding out I was compromised as well. They got off with 43.75 BTC...

Here's what I can find. My hacker was from Australia. This info is reference for others.

IP: 110.175.137.253
Transaction ID: d5fb1cd954390f19b64a75b3af5ba30868df6dfa629b8e147bd05739c9fbf809
BTC Wallet Address: 1EfYahxF46qNJsM2fB6STrWfR8pBR9yg6v

Sent another Ticket to BTC-E, We'll see how this goes.

Good luck man. Seems the guy only posted one transaction with that address Sad This is what's hard about the Anonymous part of btc/ltc. 
avulhop

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:40:51 PM

Don't. Leave. Money. In. Exchange. Accounts.
phr0stbyt3

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:49:26 PM

Having your account breached and password changed mid-trading session really makes it hard to withdraw funds. 4 out of 5 doctors agree.
If you can come up with a creative way to initiate a withdrawal after your account has been breached/changed you would be a septillionaire.

On another note I started a unifying thread for this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173354.0
EvilLizardApparel

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:44:23 PM

Having your account breached and password changed mid-trading session really makes it hard to withdraw funds. 4 out of 5 doctors agree.
If you can come up with a creative way to initiate a withdrawal after your account has been breached/changed you would be a septillionaire.

On another note I started a unifying thread for this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173354.0

Everyone who has posted about their account being hacked, please atleast copy your post to the thread phr0stbyt3 created so we can have a compiled list of all accounts affected, for people to see.

bradmurmz

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 05:22:08 PM

I too had the exact same thing happen to me while I was logged in and trading. All of the sudden I was logged out and could not log back in and my email was changed.

I lost 200 BTC!!

Something very strange is going on as support only immediately responded to me after I posted their IP address to them which I found accessing MY WEBSITE in my server logs! A few minutes after I threatened to go to the media with this they were researching my name and poking around on my website which I have a clicktale style recording of, the IP address of course is from Krasnoyarsk Russia. I have a correspondence with them on their support forms and in mid conversation they went back to ignoring me.
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:41:01 PM

Tried responding to the other thread, but... another forum with irritating time-based/post-based restrictions...

Same issue. Locked out of my account.

Password doesn't work.
Password recovery doesn't work. Never receive email.
No idea on status of funds inside my account.

Contacted BTC-e support 8 hours ago on http://btcecom.freshdesk.com/support/. No response.
Contacted on Skype. No response.
Contacted by email. No Response.

Pretty frustrating...

scalar33

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:45:43 PM

I  had problem with btc-e also, somehow my password got changed, and i never changed it.  also the reset password function wasnt working, i had to contact support to get it fixed

62 Posts  BTC: 12UByjpZgQMV1j8Hg8KQuztGbmfb2aD5HM
bradmurmz

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 06:24:35 PM

You guys were "hacked"... sounds like the exact same thing that happened to us. I'm working on a press release... People need to know about this, btc-e has done nothing to help any of us. PM me to get involved....
MasTi

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:27:34 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 05:02:38 AM by MasTi

Hi everyone,

my Account on btc-e thinks I should join this party here.

it's basically the same as someone just said:
I went to bed last night (10 hours ago) with everything working, woke up 2 hours ago not being able to log in. Ticket #535 and no response yet.

UPDATE everything is ok now! UPDATE

Everything was working fine until yesterday.

I'm an electronic-enthusiast using linux on my desktop for almost a decade - so I would say (still hope?) that I don't have any security breaches.

I would also like to bring to your attention that I had a 50 (!!) chars password containing lower-/uppercase, numbers and special chars. This password was 2 weeks old as I updated from 20 chars to one with 50 chars, because I though security could never be high enough, especially when there is no 2-fact login.
The "Reset Password" email is somewhere but not in my inbox. This also only worked once - sometime last year - but I requested 4-5 over the last year, so as far as I can see this function is not working properly since the very beginning.

now I have no access to:
~ 485 LTC
~ 124 USD
~ 69 NMC
~ 0.5 BTC

Fortunately for me I withdrew almost all LTC a week ago... Smiley
Unfortunately I just deposited 100 USD two days ago Sad

I'm a member of the trollbox aka btc-e since almost 2 years as it was a normal trading platform and a chat related to that.
I'm pretty sure things will get sorted out to our all satisfaction.

but BTC-E although run by russians where most trolls stereotype them as 'russian mafia', BTC-e has done a great job when actual hacks occured last year and they dealt with it in a speedy time, without anyone losing out.

+1

greetz,
MasTi
A_Pickle

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:34:05 PM

I had a similar issue, their site is really wonky.  It'd be nice to find a Bitcoin exchange that doesn't suck, but I guess that'll come when it comes.
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:38:02 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 09:04:43 PM by sharkbyte093

Thats the btc-e freshdesk support page. Or at least it was 5 minutes ago, now it went down. Looks like something going down.

This is now:

From BTC-e.com, just released news:

Dear btc-e.com Members,

Do not use https://btcecom.freshdesk.com!!!

Starting from 11.04.2013, customer support will be provided only through the following: support@btc-e.com

This is due to the fact that the majority of messages are duplicated in personal messages, icq, Skype, mail thus decreasing the efficiency of answers to your messages.

Please do not repeat your messages. This will not speed up finding a solution for your problem.

On our part, we guarantee quick and high quality answers to your questions.

What the hell.... ?

Quick answers? I've been waiting for 17 hours to hear if I can get my account back and all my currency. Jesus christ, this is frustrating.

dbc_amp

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:53:23 PM

I have had my share of btc-e too in the past.

I do like exchange diversity in the market. I also like how they allow for several different currencies to be traded.
However it was not nice to discover that they only allow to transfer amounts up to 0.01 BTC and you kind of loose what is left on your account, since you cannot trade or transfer it. Right now 0.009 BTC might not be much, but it is still of my property. On top of that, they lack a proper method of transferring traditional currencies.

Give them some time; I expect them to keep improving and play a major role in the near future. Won't recommend them now though...
Flare

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:09:54 PM

For people who wan't log on-have you tried switching your browser? I had the same problem on google chrome but I switched to explorer and I could log on no problem. Also you guys should be keeping most of your money in a encrypted software wallet I would never trust my btc to a exchange site.
Johnnyboi

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:56:31 PM

I am also getting the same problems:

1) Cant login to my account.
2) Password reset does not email my account.
3) Emailed support and haven't heard a thing back.

Has anyone had any response from support? I just want to know if my funds are safe, or if they are gone.

bradmurmz

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 12:55:43 AM

I am also getting the same problems:

1) Cant login to my account.
2) Password reset does not email my account.
3) Emailed support and haven't heard a thing back.

Has anyone had any response from support? I just want to know if my funds are safe, or if they are gone.

trust me they're gone Sad
Rimas1978

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:14:47 AM

With BTC-e I currently have:

0.00008094 BTC
0.00000008 LTC
6.986 PPC
2.69308816 USD

My big funds are somewhere a bit safer. Steal away.
MasTi

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:00:45 AM

Yes. Everything is fine. Thanks btc-e!

greetings,
MasTi
willinaustin

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:06:24 AM

Gah.  I want to send some cash to an exchange, but they all seem to have so many problems.
ub3rCoin

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:11:00 AM

Guys i need help!!

I cant access my BTC-e account for over 24 hours. Even when using my email.

I have roughly 10,000 USD of coins in my account.

I tried a "user password reset" with my email and it says.. 'That user does not exist.'

WTF is going on??

Support can you please help me..

Are we been hacked? or is it an issue with the server?
ub3rCoin

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 05:27:44 AM

Guys what do i do?

I do a password reset using my username it says: "A letter with further instructions sent to your email!"
I don't receive anything by email..

Then i do a password reset using my email address and it says: "That user does not exist."

Why doesn't my email address exist on the system?!?!?!
Herodes

Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 05:52:57 AM

Guys what do i do?

I do a password reset using my username it says: "A letter with further instructions sent to your email!"
I don't receive anything by email..

Then i do a password reset using my email address and it says: "That user does not exist."

Why doesn't my email address exist on the system?!?!?!

Try sending their support an e-mail, explain the situation very briefly,and wait. Hopefully it should be resolved.

Why did you loose access to the account in the first place ? Did the usual password not work ?
ub3rCoin

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:40:22 AM

I had full access the night before.
I know my password, username and email, as I've been using them for a couple weeks now.

However ever since the night of April 11th, i haven't been able to log in, and the system tell me my email does not exist.

I have emailed support, no response now for nearly two days.

I'm concerned my account was hacked.
bitminer1

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:20:40 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 02:41:36 PM by bitminer1

It's no doubt a big problem.  Not only did I sign up here just for this post and to contribute.  But Btc-e wont return my emails.  All though here is my story and how I got back up and running this morning.  Was up and running all day yesterday.  About 3AM I stepped away for 10 minutes to grab a drink and then come back to look at charts.  When I attempted to login I could successfully but anything I clicked would get "You are not authorized to view this page"  although I could see I had btc in account.  Also would not let trade " you incorrectly entered a value".  Then  I go to profile to try to resend confirmation, wont let me into profile.

So,  I shut off java on chrome as it is only browser I have opened since setting up BTC-e.
I restarted, ran adaware, and malwarebytes, both showing trackers.  I let them do there thing.
Restarted, downloaded Firefox, Installed addon Flash block and Quick Java to diasable java.
I then went to btce and instead of just typing in email and pass, I just clicked login and was taken to another solo login page.  After attempting to login again I was able to enter once more but this time could view my profile and and option to resend the email confirmation to verify account was there.  Before sending confirmation I went to my email associated and changed passwords.  Then went back to btce and hit the resend confirmation button.  After sending confirmation I received in my newly password changed email.  I confirmed then also changed my password in BTC-e and now I am running.  

I also think I know how I got hacked.  I was viewing the btce trollbox and was wondering were everyone is looking at live data for ltc.  I use bitcoinity for btc.  Someone replied in the box with a link to charts.  I didnt click link but copy and pasted into chrome (link looked fine nothing out of normal on outside) and believe thats how I was compromised.  Within 30 minutes me email was compromised and both my mtgox and btc-w also.  Luckily I had little funds and was able to get BTC-e back up.

I am still waiting on Mtgox as they banned my ip for 24 hrs cause of to many unsuccessful logins.  Funny thing is I have been logged in with my iphone and have been able to trade since the occurrence, yet still not able to login via computer.  Maybe I should trade them back to wallet till this is resolved.
bradmurmz

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 05:50:02 PM

I know my password, username and email, as I've been using them for a couple weeks now.

However ever since the night of April 11th, i haven't been able to log in, and the system tell me my email does not exist.

You were hacked... I'm sorry to have to inform you, but yes this is exactly what has happened to the rest of us here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173354.0

I had even more than 10k USD in my account, they have no intention of making good on what is completely their fault.

To the last person posting above, it looks like you have a windows virus or something else going on there... For all of us in the thread I linked above, most of us use Linux and have only had issues with btc-e and NOT mtgox.

What a terrible thing for the community to have to go through... All of this DDOS and hacks are making the general public want to stay away for the time being.
bradmurmz

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 06:25:41 PM

Just been in touch with BTC-e.. They were very helpfull.
They may take some time to answer your emails as i think they have been inundated...

Anyways, i was forwarded a IP log from BTC-e after proving myself in email.
Code:
Hello 

Лoги пoльзoвaтeля baztec123

71 login success login 122.107.53.18
09:23
70 logout logout use logout button 122.107.53.18
20:55
69 login success login 122.107.53.18
07:59
68 login success login 122.107.53.18
18:21
67 login success login 122.107.53.18
11:07
66 login success login 122.107.53.18
04:57
65 login success login 122.107.53.18
02:47
64 login success login 122.107.53.18
20:32
63 logout logout use logout button 212.7.192.139
20:09
62 login success login 212.7.192.139
20:09
61 login success login 212.7.192.139
13:07
60 logout logout use logout button 212.7.192.139
13:07
59 login success login 212.7.192.139
13:03
58 logout logout use logout button 212.7.192.139
13:00
57 login success login 212.7.192.139
12:59
56 login success login 212.7.192.139
06:36
55 login success login 122.107.53.18
03:15
54 logout logout use logout button 122.107.53.18
03:13
53 login success login 122.107.53.18
02:26
52 login success login 212.7.192.139
00:32
51 login success login 122.107.53.18
20:48
50 login success login 212.7.192.139
19:33
49 login success login 212.7.192.139
19:28
48 login success login 122.107.53.18
17:38
47 login success login 212.7.192.139
14:20
46 login success login 212.7.192.139
00:40
45 login success login 212.7.192.139
22:59
44 login success login 212.7.192.139
22:07
43 login success login 212.7.192.139
22:03
42 logout logout use logout button 212.7.192.139
21:34
41 login success login 212.7.192.139
21:32
40 login success login 212.7.192.139
21:00
39 login success login 212.7.192.139
20:49
38 login success login 212.7.192.139
20:23
37 login success login 212.7.192.139
20:17
36 login success login 212.7.192.139
15:02
35 login success login 212.7.192.139
12:34
34 logout logout use logout button 212.7.192.139
12:27
33 login success login 212.7.192.139
12:23
32 login success login 212.7.192.139
12:16
31 login success login 212.7.192.139
12:15
30 login success login 212.7.192.139
12:14
29 login success login 212.7.192.139
12:13
28 login success login 212.7.192.139
12:12
27 login success login 212.7.192.139
12:11
26 login success login 212.7.192.139
12:08
25 login success login 212.7.192.139
12:07
24 login success login 212.7.192.139
10:00
23 login success login 122.107.53.18
05:22
22 login success login 212.7.192.139
00:01
21 login success login 212.7.192.139
23:49
20 login success login 212.7.192.139
23:19
19 login success login 212.7.192.139
21:11
18 login success login 212.7.192.139
20:53
17 logout logout use logout button 212.7.192.139
20:52
16 login success login 212.7.192.139
20:51
15 login success login 212.7.192.139
20:08
14 login success login 212.7.192.139
15:55
13 login success login 122.107.53.18
11:12
12 login success login 212.7.192.139
05:59
11 login success login 212.7.192.139
03:36
10 login success login 122.107.53.18
02:22
9 logout logout use logout button 212.7.192.139
00:22
8 login success login 212.7.192.139
00:21
7 login success login 119.186.160.86
23:27
6 login success login 122.107.53.18
16:27
5 login success login 122.107.53.18
04:54
4 login success login 122.107.53.18
08:04
3 login success login 122.107.53.18
05:19
2 login success login 122.107.53.18
19:44
1 site_reg success registration 122.107.53.18
19:08

My IP address is 122.107.53.18, however you can see the hacks took place from the 4-4-13 --> 8-4-13..
The hackers changed my email address from what it was originally, to baztec123@yahoo.nl  ... Which is just my username with xxxxx@yahoo.nl.

The hack became apparent on the 11th after the email address was required for login..

Luckily in my case, i did not deposit coins into my account until the 10th, and the hackers didnt have access to any funds...

BTC-e support have been extremely helpful in my case.

Oh they'll be "extremely helpful" if you did not lose any money... if you lost any money at all they will just ignore you!
krncoolwater

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:27:49 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 06:53:32 PM by krncoolwater

You were hacked... I'm sorry to have to inform you, but yes this is exactly what has happened to the rest of us here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173354.0

I had even more than 10k USD in my account, they have no intention of making good on what is completely their fault.

To the last person posting above, it looks like you have a windows virus or something else going on there... For all of us in the thread I linked above, most of us use Linux and have only had issues with btc-e and NOT mtgox.

What a terrible thing for the community to have to go through... All of this DDOS and hacks are making the general public want to stay away for the time being.

Maybe that's the plan...
ub3rCoin

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:52:13 PM

Oh they'll be "extremely helpful" if you did not lose any money... if you lost any money at all they will just ignore you!

At first i thought i had lost money, but i then realised the funds were tied to an open order/s.
Just cancelled my orders, and the funds were released.

If you're used to the mtgox system, the BTC-e system might be a little deceiving but you'll get used to it in time i think.  
fastfored

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:56:57 PM

sounds like scam...  Shocked
coingun

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:02:22 AM

Did any of you have two form factor enabled?
Keldel

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:32:27 PM

Btc-e.com is a very very bad site.

They have a hidden high fee for withdrawing money. Very shady and dishonest!

jsvnm

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:22:51 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 07:13:32 PM by jsvnm

I like it. Withdrawal fee for okpay: 0%. trollbox: priceless.

Only problem: "Website currently unavailable". Googling for some info about what is going on found twitter account.
With not-so-recent stuff. If that is real account, tweeting this:
"In connection with the network failure in one of the segments of the network data center possible disruptions to the exchange."
(from other thread here ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.900 ) would be nice.
 Being newbie, can't post there. This seemed closest to appropriate where i can post.
 Apologies if very wrong.
)

update: very responsive support (or timing just coincidence) - https://twitter.com/btcecom/status/349931698261200897  Grin
surprised if it isn't up again in an hour or three.

captainfuture

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:20:04 AM

i cant log in to btc-e
it says invalid email.

but i can change my password. thats doenst help cause it still says invalid email at login.

how can it be that my email is in the system to get a new password but at login it says invalid email.

did i get hacked?

no response from support till yet.
captainfuture

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:00:50 PM

i still cant login. i am so upset.
captainfuture

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:36:46 PM

after 2 days i got message from support i shall try to log in. they closed my ticket.

??

i still cannot log in.

why they close my ticket, if they dont get answer if i can log in ?

had to get a new ticket. and now i am sure i will get autoanswers the next days again.
ScammerHunter

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:31:35 PM

They added new authentication method.
jazun33

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:17:29 PM

I've never been able to login to BTC-e. Even after two different emails. At some point I feel like you just need to move on to other exchanges. There are plnty other ones that are way more reliable. I usedto use CBX a lot but now I do all f my BTC purchasing and selling with Coinbase.
captainfuture

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 05:19:54 AM

i still cannot log in.

they sent me now a link again to change my password.

Anyone knows what i can do to get a human being helping me? i dont wanna get autogenerated answers again and again.

NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 05:22:38 AM

Apart from crazydomains, btc-e has the worse customer support. I no longer trade there for that very reason.
captainfuture

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 07:44:39 AM

all issues solved.

i got a new email for my account and all coins are there. i couldnt withdraw and support helped me.

still a worse support, but they done everything i wanted. just needed to wait and wait and wait and answer and wait and wait ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: