Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:14:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the chance BFL will ship ASICS?  (Read 491 times)
WuNinjaTmp (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 12:58:08 AM

subject says it all...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 02:34:21 AM

I"m confident they will which is why I have not cancelled my 3 Singles from Early October.  When is the question.  All these delays is reducing our earning potential.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
Muhammad Mustafa

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 03:22:26 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2017, 01:24:18 PM by Muhammad Mustafa

I have spent the previous 2 weeks reading a looot, BFL is one of the subjects I kept think about for long, will they ever ship? I don't know, 50/50 they have any devices at all! when? delay after delay after delay, you can expect them to ship when the difficulty is 10x, maybe Cheesy
Nargule

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:15:21 AM

I would think that these delays are keeping the difficulty low. As soon as they start shipping, people will start plugging them in, the difficulty will go up and the bar will be raised even higher.

Only the people who get them early will benefit greatly from the high hash rate. Everyone else will just be keeping up with the pace.
Tia

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:01:12 AM

I am very new to Bitcoin, but have spent the previous 2 weeks reading a looot, BFL is one of the subjects I kept think about for long, will they ever ship? I don't know, 50/50 they have any devices at all! when? delay after delay after delay, you can expect them to ship when the difficulty is 10x, maybe Cheesy

I hope they don't ship and refund all that money. GPU mining would suddenly look appealing once again. In fact, I've pondered a few things... What is to say that BFL wasn't bought out or paid off by millionaires who DON'T Want these released, but rather take that deposit money, build these by the droves, and when they are ready, turn them on, mine like heck, hashing over 51% and take over the blockchain... Wouldn't they be able to OWN and control bitcoins at that point? I guess we'll know if it happens because the hash rate will skyrocket.

My other thought is they could start mining at a more gradual rate, bringing a few more on every day, and when people scream loud enough and the law comes knocking on BFL's door they could start shipping a few. Hell, they could even package these used units back up as new units and finally start shipping them, a little at a time meanwhile they continue to mine with the rest earning countless Btc at the purchasers expense. Seems to me that if BFL was on the up and up they'd have shipped and we wouldn't be reading all these posts about 'I've been waiting for mine since October,...'

Don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing harm or scams on anyone here, just thinking like the skeptical cynic that I probably am. Or maybe I'm bitter that I never started mining 2 years ago, haha!
TCollar

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:06:51 AM

I give then a zero point nada chance of shipping anything that can fit in a box.

If a chip existed in theory that could spin straw into gold, BFL would be selling gold spinning looms on "pre-order" by anything but credit card.

GPU Rigs

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 05:15:08 AM

I am very new to Bitcoin, but have spent the previous 2 weeks reading a looot, BFL is one of the subjects I kept think about for long, will they ever ship? I don't know, 50/50 they have any devices at all! when? delay after delay after delay, you can expect them to ship when the difficulty is 10x, maybe Cheesy

I hope they don't ship and refund all that money. GPU mining would suddenly look appealing once again. In fact, I've pondered a few things... What is to say that BFL wasn't bought out or paid off by millionaires who DON'T Want these released, but rather take that deposit money, build these by the droves, and when they are ready, turn them on, mine like heck, hashing over 51% and take over the blockchain... Wouldn't they be able to OWN and control bitcoins at that point? I guess we'll know if it happens because the hash rate will skyrocket.

My other thought is they could start mining at a more gradual rate, bringing a few more on every day, and when people scream loud enough and the law comes knocking on BFL's door they could start shipping a few. Hell, they could even package these used units back up as new units and finally start shipping them, a little at a time meanwhile they continue to mine with the rest earning countless Btc at the purchasers expense. Seems to me that if BFL was on the up and up they'd have shipped and we wouldn't be reading all these posts about 'I've been waiting for mine since October,...'

Don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing harm or scams on anyone here, just thinking like the skeptical cynic that I probably am. Or maybe I'm bitter that I never started mining 2 years ago, haha!

To be fair, having already started the process of developing our own ASIC mining rigs which we intend to start selling in the next few weeks, our provider for the chips has over 40 years experience in the semiconductor industry, is based in the United States and has still been having issues getting the chips made for us.

It is entirely plausible that a company sourcing their chips from Mainland China would conceivably have much more issues with delivery than average.

That isn't to say there aren't other issues at play as have been posted by many, for many months since pre-orders at BFL started, but having a little knowledge about how difficult it is to get the chip manufacturers on the same page as us with our units, Id like to think it is just teething problems they are experiencing and not an actual 'scam' as many seem to be saying, only time will tell ultimately.

What I do know, is that right now, our shipping date has been pushed back from June to early-mid July, purely based on what we have been told by the chip manufacturers and we were hoping to be selling and shipping actual units (not just pre-orders) by May / June 2013, instead we are only able to ship our GPU mining setups.
Tia

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:24:15 AM

Thanks for the reply GPU Rigs. So are you saying that your chip-maker of choice is using their own existing chip design and can't get it working smoothly, or did you provide them your own masks/architecture?
GPU Rigs

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 05:29:08 AM

Thanks for the reply GPU Rigs. So are you saying that your chip-maker of choice is using their own existing chip design and can't get it working smoothly, or did you provide them your own masks/architecture?

They cant get it working smoothly is my understanding (Im just sales/marketing not the technical side of the biz) at least not to the point where it should be giving us the hashing power promised. I could be totally wrong on that though so don't hold me to it lol
Crypto Canary

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:40:20 AM

Hmm... I'd say about 7.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: