Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:33:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ignore list of mass paid signature advertisement users (4200+ users)  (Read 62262 times)
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 10:52:58 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2017, 03:18:23 AM by gadman2

This list is my personal expansion from AGD's ignore list extreme. I feel all signature advertisement campaigns, and their respective users, are detrimental to the integrity board no matter the quality of the post above it. There are no exceptions to this list; from "Brand New" to "Administrator" users, it all applies. All users that I find with paid advertisment signatures will end up on this list. If you feel the same, feel free to use it. If not, move on.

I also feel that this is only needed on www.bitcointalk.org. I have several accounts across the web where large and even more obnoxious signatures aren't minded by me at all. Why? Because they are not intentionally degrading to the board. I can't say for certain all these listed users have low quality posts and topics, but as a whole they're near worthless.

This thread will remain un-moderated and unlocked. Feel free to share your criticism or ideas here and we can politely discuss your concerns. This thread is not intended to rattle cages or upset anyone, but I'm sure it will regardless. And as such, I will not respond to simple minded hissy-fits.

If you want to be removed from this list, PM me without a paid advertisement in your signature.

If you want to experience what a lonely place bitcointalk.org can be without paid sig accounts, simply go to Profile/Ignore user options and you can add this list with copy/paste. Don't forget to save it.

Updated 3-17-17 with 4386 users:
Code:
Due to the limits of www.bitcointalk.org's thread length policy, I cannot surpass 64000 characters.
I am forced to use a 3rd party website such as pastebin. Any other recommendations would be great.

http://pastebin.com/7pCVdP0e

I will update this list as needed.

ALTERNATIVE SCRIPT BASED METHOD:

Please visit this thread: Signature Adblock Script [0.5.0]

Follow Grue's instructions on the installation BUT you must change "div .signature" to "div. windowbg2" (thanks to Holdaaja). If you do not change this, then you will be subjected to all the forum posts of these users that causing massive forum degradation, just without seeing their signatures.

Note: This may unintentionally block users with bulky personal signatures as the script uses a scoring system to determine which user to remove. With that, it will also leave the signatures of mass advertisements that are not bulky (such as the lower tier ones without heavy formatting). This might not be the "best" idea, but it's quick and "mostly" effective.

-----------------------------------------

FAQ

Q: Do you not care about high quality users that have paid advertisements in their signatures?
A: A good example of my thought process is in the large paragraph of this reply in this thread.
Of course there are many examples of quality posts within the 3800 users that are helpful, professional, courteous, and of high quality; I do not deny this. But you must realize the lesser quality material vastly outweighs the greater quality material. I firmly believe without mass paid signature advertising, we would have the vice versa, or at least many magnitudes less of the lesser quality material.

Q: What about your signature? Is that not an advertisement?
A: Yes, my signature is an advertisement for my business. I am the only user on this forum with this signature, thus it is not mass paid signature advertising as this thread was created to campaign against.

Q: Why don't you block all signatures and move along?
A: Because I care about the problem these signatures are causing, not the signatures.

Q: I'm on the list but I don't have a paid advertisement in my signature. What gives?
A: My list is a hybrid of another users list. There may be several users on the list who might not need to be there. PM me if you do not have a paid advertisement in your signature.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 11:27:20 AM

I feel all signature advertisement campaigns, and their respective users, are detrimental to the integrity board no matter the quality of the post above it.
Bad idea (generalization fallacy). You will miss out on posts from various groups, e.g. some staff members (e.g. hilarious, me, sometimes mprep), some excellent posters (e.g. Shorena) and even people contributing to Bitcoin Core (e.g. Achow).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 11:47:35 AM

I feel all signature advertisement campaigns, and their respective users, are detrimental to the integrity board no matter the quality of the post above it.
Bad idea (generalization fallacy). You will miss out on posts from various groups, e.g. some staff members (e.g. hilarious, me, sometimes mprep), some excellent posters (e.g. Shorena) and even people contributing to Bitcoin Core (e.g. Achow).
I guess there is no point posting when OP uses his blockade.
But this pretty much sums it all. Lots of useful info is spread by sig posters.
Maybe OP is early adopter with trillions in his wallet, who knows, I dont care, thus that kind of add-on is good for the guy, but if someone is still collecting coins on a small scale than this thing will only bring harm.
Personally I like signatures, they are pretty  Roll Eyes, light weight most in a really good taste and quality that is nowhere to be found, only here.
One of the best tutorials are made by sig-posters, lots of giveaways, I think the forum will look like a ghost board with this thing enabled. I wonder what is the impact on browsers performance? Looks like a big filter.

Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 11:59:04 AM

@Lauda: He won't even see this post since your on his ignore list. lol

@OP: Since I am still not on your ignore list I would like to mention a few things before I too end up there. lol

1. Lauda has a very good point about making exceptions to your list.
2. You are already missing a good amount of quality posts due to your ignore setting.
3. What's the point of being on this forum if your missing quality deals, quality posts, staff posts and posts from people who are actively contributing to Bitcoin Core?

I hope you understand what I am saying instead of adding me to your list too.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16541

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 12:11:36 PM

I feel all signature advertisement campaigns, and their respective users, are detrimental to the integrity board no matter the quality of the post above it. There are no exceptions to this list; from "Brand New" to "Legendary" users, it all applies.
It seems like you made one exception: yourself! Big words from someone who's advertising his firearms business in his own signature.
Let me have a look at your post history:

I did not cut anything here, you really only quoted one word without adding anything!

You can write information to them with your cell phone.

You don't know what 6 blocks transaction time means?

What generation?

None of those are true except transparent.

And when someone asks you to explain your one-liner, you don't bother to come back to the topic:
None of those are true except transparent.

Could you explain the reasoning behind your statement?

I can only conclude you are a sigspammer yourself. If you think I'm spamming, my campaign manager (who's also on your list Cheesy ) has a small reward for you if you report me.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 12:20:49 PM

I think it's a great idea. The guy doesn't want to read stuff from paid signature-wearing monkeys so let him do whatever he wants.
Wait I will just add everyone to my ignore list and pretend to own this fucking place and talk to myself all the time because my e-peen is so big I don't want to listen to some Internet plebs Grin

Dude who cares?

gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 01:10:40 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2016, 01:49:04 PM by gadman2

I'll un-ignore people who post here momentarily for sake of sharing ideas and criticism.

A generalization fallacy only occurs when I am basing a judgement off few examples or instances. Even you would agree that this is not the case. Unfortunately, yes, I will have to miss out. Furthermore, I did look into Achow's signature, I do not accept it with the ad-campaign as this is the root of the problem.

I guess there is no point posting when OP uses his blockade.
But this pretty much sums it all. Lots of useful info is spread by sig posters.
Maybe OP is early adopter with trillions in his wallet, who knows, I dont care, thus that kind of add-on is good for the guy, but if someone is still collecting coins on a small scale than this thing will only bring harm.
Personally I like signatures, they are pretty  Roll Eyes, light weight most in a really good taste and quality that is nowhere to be found, only here.
One of the best tutorials are made by sig-posters, lots of giveaways, I think the forum will look like a ghost board with this thing enabled. I wonder what is the impact on browsers performance? Looks like a big filter.

I would say performance would be increased being as some pages are perhaps less than half the size, even so it's negligible as this is not the point. Furthermore if you say "Lots of useful info is spread by sig posters", I'm interested in knowing what word, rather than "lots", you would use to describe the remaining material that isn't useful. Perhaps enormous, vast, colossal, gigantic, mammoth, prodigious or stupendous maybe?

@Lauda: He won't even see this post since your on his ignore list. lol

@OP: Since I am still not on your ignore list I would like to mention a few things before I too end up there. lol

1. Lauda has a very good point about making exceptions to your list.
2. You are already missing a good amount of quality posts due to your ignore setting.
3. What's the point of being on this forum if your missing quality deals, quality posts, staff posts and posts from people who are actively contributing to Bitcoin Core?

I hope you understand what I am saying instead of adding me to your list too.

I do understand what you're saying, and I should point out that I have no personal problems with anyone on the list, or who uses paid signatures. I feel as if the board is being deprived of sustenance when, as pointed out in other boards, 95% of the board is paid signatures repeating what's already been said into 250 pages of absolute redundancy (one of many many many examples). It's a large pill to swallow, but I do understand.

I feel all signature advertisement campaigns, and their respective users, are detrimental to the integrity board no matter the quality of the post above it. There are no exceptions to this list; from "Brand New" to "Legendary" users, it all applies.
It seems like you made one exception: yourself! Big words from someone who's advertising his firearms business in his own signature.
Let me have a look at your post history:
I can only conclude you are a sigspammer yourself. If you think I'm spamming, my campaign manager (who's also on your list Cheesy ) has a small reward for you if you report me.

Feel free to add me to your ignore list. I do, and will, carry my own legitimate business branding. I can say that there is only one person on this forum who has a signature with my business in it. Let me know if there are others, I'll thank them in a PM.

I cannot say that every post I make or have made is extremely valuable, I have not claimed to have done such. I should note that I have tried my best to not included people who have their own business (like mine) or actual personal signature. It is unfortunate that you do not recognize the difference or understand the problem, I cannot help you.

gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 01:13:16 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2016, 01:36:42 PM by gadman2

Here's an open challenge:

Link me to a recent open discussion (not in the market) that has over 20 pages of replies where more than 25% of those replies DO NOT have a paid signature advertisement. Enable my list for a moment and give it a try. Note, I do not have everyone ignored that needs to be ignored so you may have to substitute and add your own.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=1.0;sort=replies;desc Go wild.

Whether or not there is a thread like this exists, you will quickly understand.

0xfff

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 01:56:37 PM

It's funny how your personal message is a blatant advertisement for some website but you didn't include yourself in that list.  Huh Huh Huh If you don't want to see signature advertisements, just disable signatures. I haven't seen a signature in months.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 02:04:01 PM

I will update once a week.

How do you do that?
Visit 3,332 profile pages every seven days to ensure that no-one has stopped using a sig?

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 02:05:35 PM

It's funny how your personal message is a blatant advertisement for some website but you didn't include yourself in that list.  Huh Huh Huh If you don't want to see signature advertisements, just disable signatures. I haven't seen a signature in months.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1706244.msg17098645#msg17098645 < Read the last note at my reply.

How do you do that?
Visit 3,332 profile pages every seven days to ensure that no-one has stopped using a sig?

I update it by adding more. Rarely will anyone be removed from the list. Users can follow instructions in the first post to be removed.

tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 02:08:36 PM

How do you do that?

I update it by adding more. Rarely will anyone be removed from the list.

Cheesy
I'm trying to work out what tone of voice that last sentence should be read in.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
0xfff

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 02:20:45 PM

How do you do that?

I update it by adding more. Rarely will anyone be removed from the list.

Cheesy
I'm trying to work out what tone of voice that last sentence should be read in.

I'm still trying to figure out what tone of voice all of this guys posts in this thread should be read in. I can't tell if he is smug or angry or something else.  Huh
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 02:21:42 PM

I see people keep creating lists which are basically copies of the very poor ignore list created by DannyHamilton where signature spammers, helpful users with paid signatures, helpful users without signatures, spammers without signatures and random users were added alike.

You may want to add users yourself or at least check the list before blindly using it. Otherwise you'll lose some useful content.

Full disclosure: I'm on those lists and that's the reason why I checked it and know for sure it's very poor. Feel free to check my posts and signature and tell me whether you agree with me.

Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 02:32:16 PM

Here's an open challenge:

Link me to a recent open discussion (not in the market) that has over 20 pages of replies where more than 25% of those replies DO NOT have a paid signature advertisement. Enable my list for a moment and give it a try. Note, I do not have everyone ignored that needs to be ignored so you may have to substitute and add your own.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=1.0;sort=replies;desc Go wild.

Whether or not there is a thread like this exists, you will quickly understand.
I don't know if I can find a thread where more than 25% of the posts are from users without a paid signature but I can surely find a handful of threads that are over 20 pages long and more than 25%-50% of the posts are constructive.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:59:09 PM

I support this idea, this list and I also like your business. Too bad I am living in a weapon unfriendly environment.  Undecided

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 04:16:16 PM

I support this idea, this list and I also like your business. Too bad I am living in a weapon unfriendly environment.  Undecided
You along with gadman2 will be blocking the entire forum members and i can understand your feelings Smiley Be the king of the forum you can watch you own posts and threads .JAJAJA Cheesy

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 6796

Cashback 15%

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 04:58:56 PM

"Biggus dickus"?  Lol, never heard of that guy.  In fact, I haven't heard of most of them.  And the users I do know, I wouldn't want on ignore or already have on ignore.  So like DH's list this one is useless to me.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:36:12 PM

"Biggus dickus"?  Lol, never heard of that guy.  In fact, I haven't heard of most of them.  And the users I do know, I wouldn't want on ignore or already have on ignore.  So like DH's list this one is useless to me.
That cracks me up,Biggus Dickus.It's surprising how most of the accounts in that list are not even active anymore or signature spamming temporarily.The one's flooding the spam are missed out.
Btw : In your next update,please don't be lazy enough to put that list in a sorted order.Would have been much easier to find my name.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:47:54 PM

If your goal is to ignore sig spammers (and wish to give zero allowances for helpful users with a paid signature -- which you probably should give) then you might be able to modify this script to hide all posts from users with an annoying signature.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: