Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:30:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASICs Batch #4 (Planning)  (Read 12960 times)
ragingazn628 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 06:35:30 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 02:45:38 AM by ragingazn628

Are you a newcomer to Cryptocurreny? Don't have enough BTC to pre-order an Asics Machine? Don't like taking such a huge risk?

Well... I have been in the bitcoin game but recently cashed out when it was $94/BTC. I only have 17 coins left. Assuming there will be another Batch for Avalon, I am looking for people to chip in. I will personally use my remaining 17 coins for this batch. I am looking for people similar to my situation (not enough BTC or don't want to take such a big risk).

Read the following terms carefully before investing with me. You are basically buying a piece of an Avalon ASIC that I will host myself for a small fee.

Why you should trust me? I have been around these forums and have a good standing with the community. I have traded over $15,000 worth of bitcoins (I can provide proof). With newer technology (ASICs) my graphics card miners don't seem to put a dent in the harder difficulty and I can no longer afford to rebuy my sold bitcoins to have enough for an ASICs machine so I'm sure most people are on the same boat.

Terms:
  • Dividends will be payed monthly to the Bitcoin address you send your original investment with. (Make sure you can both send and receive Bitcoins from this address!!)
  • Before dividends are divided up and payed, electricity costs (~.12 Kwh), a 3% hosting fee, and the pool's fee (yet to be determined) will be taken out of the net profits.
  • Shipping costs will be taken out of the first dividend payment.
  • Dividends will be paid proportionally according to each investors initial investment [investing 1 BTC in a 75 BTC ASIC gets you 1/75 of the profits (after subtracting electricity costs and a 3% hosting fee).]
  • If there's not enough Bitcoins collected to buy an Avalon ASIC, then all funds will be immediately refunded to the address with which they were sent.
  • If I collect enough funds for more than one Avalon, then I will purchase however many the group fund can afford.
  • Any left over funds collected will be refunded to the last investors in line. Unfortunately, those investors left out will not receive any portion of dividends (for the amount they were refunded), but nonetheless will be refunded 100%.
  • I will use this thread to keep investors updated for now, until a better solution is determined in the near future.

How to invest:

Please note: You do NOT have to send any BTC right now. I would prefer it if you send it a week before pre-order date (if any lol)

• Minimum investment is 1 Bitcoin
  • Send your investment to (removed for now since we're just planning this)
  • Reply with the Bitcoin address you are sending from and the total amount you are investing.
  • I will confirm in the OP that you have payed and reserved your shares in the group buy.

People who are interested:
  • 17 BTC - Me
  • 10 BTC - rttnpig
  • 1  BTC -Luckybit
  • 5 BTC - dmo580
  • 2 BTC - dazzle
  • 2 BTC - rammy2k2
  • 40 BTC - Rallye
  • 2 BTC - haaning

Currently have enough for at least 1 Avalon! Going for 2 now!

Total:
79/75 BTC

copy and pasted some things from: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157930.0 Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m3whiteknight

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:36:26 PM

Will Avalon making batch 4 ?
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 06:36:58 PM

Will Avalon making batch 4 ?

Most likely. I'm just preparing for the best case Smiley
ryanfromrethink

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:37:44 PM

Don't you think you may want to wait on this until Batch 4 is announced as a production?

Though I do fully believe they'll continue to make these, as the market calls for it.

Saw you address this while I was typing.

Best of luck buddy.
Tyger

Activity: 141
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:39:16 PM

They where not even sure they would do batch 3.
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 06:39:31 PM

Don't you think you may want to wait on this until Batch 4 is announced as a production?

Though I do fully believe they'll continue to make these, as the market calls for it.

Saw you address this while I was typing.

Best of luck buddy.

ASICs is the new tech. When BTC first started, people were mining with CPU then switched to GPU, now ASICs. So yeah I think Avalon will continue to develop better ASICs mining machines. Why not right?
Tyger

Activity: 141
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:42:33 PM

I think they wanna do other stuff, thats why they wanna sell the chips. decentralization, start it up and leave the battle for others.
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 06:43:29 PM

I think they wanna do other stuff, thats why they wanna sell the chips. decentralization, start it up and leave the battle for others.

True true but only time could tell Smiley let's hope for the best! I just know that everyone who don't have an ASICs machine, wants one! Like me!
rpgman1

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 07:07:14 PM

Didn't even know there is an Avalon Batch #4 release for ASICs. I know they're the only company who successfully delivered ASICs to the public. Still one of Avalon's ASIC at 75BTC is very expensive at today's current prices. That won't stop people from buying them though and Avalon ASICs are hot and popular items to have despite the high power consumption.
rttnpig]

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:09:22 PM

10 BTC if they actually anounce batch 4
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 07:14:00 PM

Avalon has stated that at this point, there is not Batch #4.  They are doing some private mining.   Being that you have your payment address on here, really raises RED FLAGS.   People around here are very cautious (or should be) about pre-ordering products that do not have even an official ship date.

BTC.02
Dalkore

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 07:15:28 PM

Avalon has stated that at this point, there is not Batch #4.  They are doing some private mining.   Being that you have your payment address on here, really raises RED FLAGS.   People around here are very cautious (or should be) about pre-ordering products that do not have even an official ship date.

BTC.02
Dalkore

Good idea. I will take off my address for now since we don't know anything yet Smiley just speculations right now I guess.
Luckybit

Merit: 510

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:53:19 PM

Are you a newcomer to Cryptocurreny? Don't have enough BTC to pre-order an Asics Machine? Don't like taking such a huge risk?

Well... I have been in the bitcoin game but recently cashed out when it was $94/BTC. I only have 17 coins left. Assuming there will be another Batch for Avalon, I am looking for people to chip in. I will personally use my remaining 17 coins for this batch. I am looking for people similar to my situation (not enough BTC or don't want to take such a big risk).

Read the following terms carefully before investing with me. You are basically buying a piece of an Avalon ASIC that I will host myself for a small fee.

Why you should trust me? I have been around these forums and have a good standing with the community. I have traded over $15,000 worth of bitcoins (I can provide proof). With newer technology (ASICs) my graphics card miners don't seem to put a dent in the harder difficulty and I can no longer afford to rebuy my sold bitcoins to have enough for an ASICs machine so I'm sure most people are on the same boat.

Terms:
  • Dividends will be payed monthly to the Bitcoin address you send your original investment with. (Make sure you can both send and receive Bitcoins from this address!!)
  • Before dividends are divided up and payed, electricity costs (~.12 Kwh), a 3% hosting fee, and the pool's fee (yet to be determined) will be taken out of the net profits.
  • Shipping costs will be taken out of the first dividend payment.
  • Dividends will be paid proportionally according to each investors initial investment [investing 1 BTC in a 75 BTC ASIC gets you 1/75 of the profits (after subtracting electricity costs and a 3% hosting fee).]
  • If there's not enough Bitcoins collected to buy an Avalon ASIC, then all funds will be immediately refunded to the address with which they were sent.
  • If I collect enough funds for more than one Avalon, then I will purchase however many the group fund can afford.
  • Any left over funds collected will be refunded to the last investors in line. Unfortunately, those investors left out will not receive any portion of dividends (for the amount they were refunded), but nonetheless will be refunded 100%.
  • I will use this thread to keep investors updated for now, until a better solution is determined in the near future.

How to invest:

Please note: You do NOT have to send any BTC right now. I would prefer it if you send it a week before pre-order date (if any lol)

• Minimum investment is 1 Bitcoin
  • Send your investment to (removed for now since we're just planning this)
  • Reply with the Bitcoin address you are sending from and the total amount you are investing.
  • I will confirm in the OP that you have payed and reserved your shares in the group buy.

• 17 BTC - Me
  • 10 BTC - rttnpig

Total:
27/75 BTC

copy and pasted some things from: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157930.0 Tongue

Okay 1BTC. Sounds like a good deal to me. What about the logistics?
thdvmgbgjn

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:18:56 PM

I'm in for 5 BTC, but yes, need to know how this will work logistically
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 02:39:11 AM

I'm in for 5 BTC, but yes, need to know how this will work logistically

What do you mean by that? What you put in for the initial investment is what you get monthly. If you put in 5/75 you will get 5/75 of X BTC mined monthly.

• 17 BTC - Me
  • 10 BTC - rttnpig
  • 1  BTC -Luckybit
  • 5 BTC - dmo580

Total:
33/75 BTC
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:09:04 AM

It's too early to raise this thread as Avalon still not officially announce it.
How do you know the price of batch #4 is still 75BTC?
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 10:51:06 AM

It's too early to raise this thread as Avalon still not officially announce it.
How do you know the price of batch #4 is still 75BTC?

Just lookin' for participants. Worst case scenario it will be more than 75BTC, let's say 100 then we already have people... or it won't be announced at all. Nothing to lose.
dazzle

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:25:53 AM

Count me in 2 btc
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 11:26:57 PM