Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:57:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinvanitygen.com  (Read 544 times)
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 12:33:22 PM

I saw the website once a while ago while searching on google but I'm starting to see in some signatures in the forums now , on the official website they are claiming that they generated more then 24,000 address for users , I want to know If someone experienced any theft from their vanity addresses after using this service or not because using an online service to generate a vanity address for you requires a lot of trust .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n3rvi0zz0

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 12:38:48 PM

Hi this was explained thousands of times on the forum, and for a hero member  like you sounds even more extrange.

Bitcoinvanity.com its the website of the creator of vanitygen

here is the link to the post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.0

Vanitygen has the option to split key whn youre generating a private key

I have a lot of compute power, and want to make vanity addresses for others.  How do I do it?

The difficulty with this is convincing your customer that, once you provide them with a vanity address, you do not have a copy of their private key.  Some methods of doing this have been discussed on the forum, and vanitygen currently supports one of them.  To generate an address securely, your customer generates a private key, and provides you with the public key part.  You use this public key as part of the address search, and when you find a match, you provide them with a partial private key.  The customer then adds the partial private key to their private key to get the vanity address.  Because the customer never disclosed their part of the private key, only they have access to the complete private key.

There are many ways to get a key pair, but to do address-for-hire, you need the complete public key in hexadecimal format.  The bitcoin address is not sufficient.  One way to generate one and get this is to use the keyconv utility, keyconv -G, and get the following parts:

look arround, they are not storing private keys. its a paid service. they earn a little revenue with the big address

https://bizzilion.com/?ref=n3rvi0zz0

Earn up to 1.5% daily investing in the best platform of internet
400actforsale

Activity: 127
Merit: 101

BTC will drop

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 01:50:37 PM

The site have been accused as scam since 2014 but still many people are using them and continue to lose bitcoins.

If you want a vanity address, visit this thread and download the software (although not updated for years). An average computer takes only few seconds for a vanity address of 5 leading digits except for some special prefixes. For vanity addresses of 6 digits, it takes only few minutes.

Goodbye bitcoin!
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 01:58:40 PM

if you create custom addres
but must use private key is very danger if you give to person your private key, your balance can lost all bitcoin

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

anorganix
Copper Member

Activity: 970
Merit: 287

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 02:06:48 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2016, 02:58:39 PM by anorganix

Hi this was explained thousands of times on the forum, and for a hero member  like you sounds even more extrange.

That is not correct, there is not a single reference of the site in the OP of the link you posted.
The site is a scam, never allow 3rd parties to use/see/store your private key!

Use Vanitygen program to create a vanity address on your PC (make sure it's not infected with a virus) or user split-key generation service.

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 02:43:54 PM

Hi this was explained thousands of times on the forum, and for a hero member  like you sounds even more extrange.

Vanitygen has the option to split key whn youre generating a private key

-snip-

Clearly you don't really know what you are talking about , Bitcoinvanity.com doesn't exist , I already know about vanitygen however I don't have enough computing power so I was asking about it. samr7 don't have anything to do with this service as last time he connected was in 2012 and the bitcoinvanitygen came to life in 2014 and there is no mention of it on the thread either and about the method to ask for someone else to create the address then this service is not using it , they are only claiming that they remove any traces from their servers which is hard to believe.

The site have been accused as scam since 2014 but still many people are using them and continue to lose bitcoins.

If you want a vanity address, visit this thread and download the software (although not updated for years). An average computer takes only few seconds for a vanity address of 5 leading digits except for some special prefixes. For vanity addresses of 6 digits, it takes only few minutes.
I missed that scam accusation, I will just stay away from it and find a service on the forums that does that .
400actforsale

Activity: 127
Merit: 101

BTC will drop

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 02:56:24 PM

I missed that scam accusation, I will just stay away from it and find a service on the forums that does that .
In fact, at bitaddress.org there are an option for you to create a vanity wallet by creating a key pair. Submit your public key to a service which will calculate the other part, which you can combine them to a vanity address and only you'll have the control.

You may want to hire someone on this forum by posting in the 'Services' board, or go to a vanity pool (currently the only one is live at https://vanitypool.appspot.com) and pay for a solution (though it may take forever).

Goodbye bitcoin!
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:00:12 PM

I saw the website once a while ago while searching on google but I'm starting to see in some signatures in the forums now , on the official website they are claiming that they generated more then 24,000 address for users , I want to know If someone experienced any theft from their vanity addresses after using this service or not because using an online service to generate a vanity address for you requires a lot of trust .
In short words,avoid using the site as they have control over your private keys.You could google "BitcoinVanitygen Scam" and check the cases of their fraudulent practices.I'd recommend buying a vanity address from shorena
anorganix
Copper Member

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:04:22 PM

See this or this.
What is the prefix you want?

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:15:45 PM

It doesn't really matter whether or not people have been experiencing theft from their generated addresses.

What matters is that you are making use of an external source to generate your private keys, where you don't know if things are being logged or not.

Even when they say that there is no way they store anything that people generate, don't ever fully put your trust on it. Caution is always required here.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
BoXXoB
Legendary

Activity: 2018
Merit: 1108

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:38:05 PM

Do not trust any site to do the job for you. Your best bet is probably getting help from LoyceV or shorena though depending on your PC specs you could do it by yourself. It's a very easy thing to make one for yourself as long as you're not looking for a vanity address of over 6 digits. The main thing to remember is that you should never take a private key that has been fully generated by someone else.

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████
████████████████████
████████████
|
 UNIQUE 
GAMES
|
 NO 
KYC
|
 WITHDRAW 
IN MINUTES
|
░█▀███████
█▀▀█░░░█████████▀▀█
██░█▄█████████
████████▀█▀█▀██
███████▀▀░▀██
▀▄█████▀█░█▀▄▀
████████
██████
████
████
████
▄▄████████▄▄
██████████████
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:47:45 PM

It is safe to let someone else generate a key for you as long as you are using the partial private key method (also assuming you generate the partial private key locally and not on their website). With this method, the other party never has access to the actual private key you will be using. You should NEVER use an address generated by another site or person if they had access to the full private key. That is just asking for trouble.
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 09:19:51 AM

See this or this.
What is the prefix you want?

I wanted the prefix as my username but I guess that would take long and even longer If I do it case sensitive , and since a lot of people suggested it and the scam accusation I've fund against the service , I'm going to try find something smaller and check shorena's  or LoyceV's services .
anorganix
Copper Member

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 11:54:15 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2016, 06:05:18 PM by anorganix

Try something like GamerX and it should be fine.
I can help also if you are interested, same method as LoyceV's/shorena's.

Later edit (case-sensitive, otherwise substract 50%):
- 5 chars (0.00 BTC aka free)
- 6 chars (0.01 BTC)
- 7 chars (0.02 BTC)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: