Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:33:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CedarTec Topic - New ASIC [Scam?]  (Read 42989 times)
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:17:46 PM

Man im really amazed that some people really think this might be for real. I mean come on, the whole thing just stinks like a big old dead dog, thats been dead for some while  Grin Is it really greed that makes people fall for scams like this ? If so i really need to look for an old pcb somewhere around my house  Tongue Anyway its always good fun to come back to this thread.

Cheers

Consider me an 'atheist-leaning' agnostic. I can't prove that it's a scam, but until it's proven legitimate, it's not legitimate either. I am incredulous as well, as to how anybody would be willing to just throw a thousand dollars at this, but then again, I've been taken for much larger amounts before in the past, which is largely why I'm so much more cautious about big-ticket items, so maybe you gotta get burned before you learn.

I was recently taken for just under $300 when I was in a rush to purchase some bitcoin, and an asshat took me for a ride. Lesson learned: Escrow, Escrow, Escrow, when dealing with individuals.

When dealing with a business, they'd better have a damn good reputation, and demonstrations of a working product.

I didn't even order a BFL Jalpeno until I actually saw video by an independent 3rd party of one actually working. Late to the party? Maybe... But if these people can deliver as quickly as they claim, waiting 2 weeks longer to order won't amount to any sizeable difference in the long run.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HerrDoktor

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:47:30 PM

Man im really amazed that some people really think this might be for real. I mean come on, the whole thing just stinks like a big old dead dog, thats been dead for some while  Grin Is it really greed that makes people fall for scams like this ? If so i really need to look for an old pcb somewhere around my house  Tongue Anyway its always good fun to come back to this thread.

Cheers

Consider me an 'atheist-leaning' agnostic. I can't prove that it's a scam, but until it's proven legitimate, it's not legitimate either. I am incredulous as well, as to how anybody would be willing to just throw a thousand dollars at this, but then again, I've been taken for much larger amounts before in the past, which is largely why I'm so much more cautious about big-ticket items, so maybe you gotta get burned before you learn.

I was recently taken for just under $300 when I was in a rush to purchase some bitcoin, and an asshat took me for a ride. Lesson learned: Escrow, Escrow, Escrow, when dealing with individuals.

When dealing with a business, they'd better have a damn good reputation, and demonstrations of a working product.

I didn't even order a BFL Jalpeno until I actually saw video by an independent 3rd party of one actually working. Late to the party? Maybe... But if these people can deliver as quickly as they claim, waiting 2 weeks longer to order won't amount to any sizeable difference in the long run.

What a smart reply  Wink and yeah im in the same boat. I also waited with my BFL orders until they were validated by a third party (wired in my case) Will i loose some profit ? Sure ! But in the end i think its smarter then loose my complete investement. All im saying is apply some critical thinking and you will be almost save and this scam doesnt even provide enough substance to be taken serious in the first place.

Cheers
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:57:40 PM

I still do not see it as safe that bfl can deliver large scale.
think they have a real cash flow problem

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:58:37 PM

Cheers

What a smart reply  Wink and yeah im in the same boat. I also waited with my BFL orders until they were validated by a third party (wired in my case) Will i loose some profit ? Sure ! But in the end i think its smarter then loose my complete investement. All im saying is apply some critical thinking and you will be almost save and this scam doesnt even provide enough substance to be taken serious in the first place.

Cheers

You have potentially lost allot more then your initial investment, especially if by the time you receive your asic a new technology dwarfs it. That being smaller transistor size process and more efficient designs.
You either take the risk and gain big or wait and gain little.

From what ive collected, this leaning towards the "real but not public image wise organized" side. There is an obvious lack of staff and communication problems due to language barriers.
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:00:32 PM

Dear customer,

we have received your payment.

Confirmation:

7.90 ฿  - 03.05.2013 09:20

Your order number:

#014X - Shipment: 20th - 25th may 2013

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.

I previously posted the bitcoin address i paid to if you want to track the money.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:11:36 PM

Cheers

Cheers

You have potentially lost allot more then your initial investment, especially if by the time you receive your asic a new technology dwarfs it. That being smaller transistor size process and more efficient designs.
You either take the risk and gain big or wait and gain little.

From what ive collected, this leaning towards the "real but not public image wise organized" side. There is an obvious lack of staff and communication problems due to language barriers.

And this is where greed strikes. If you're not happy consistently making a little money over the long term, you'll make foolish decisions that lose you a lot of money in the short and long term.

You have to be willing to accept that consistently making a little money is better than sometimes making big and sometimes losing big.

If you want to roll the dice, it's possible that you could get a couple of extra weeks to make a few more bucks, but it's more likely that you'll lose it. You might as well be standing at a Vegas roulette table right now. The odds of payoff are quite small.

Your money though. Spend it how you wish. I sincerely do wish you the best of luck though. I've experienced the sick feeling of having been scammed, and it's no fun at all. Here's to you actually getting your stuff.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:39:53 PM

Guys, this is a scam.

You have been warned countless times.

Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:46:05 PM

Finally got a reply to my email:
Dear customer,

we use a full custom asic design,
at first we thought about a semi custom design,
it was really fast clear that we could save much money
but we could not reach that efficiency with this design
through the pre-defined masks for the diffused layers.
Other active components and the transistors of the
circuit are for that semi-custom design already fixed.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.

For info on types of asics:
http://hsaikia.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/9/8/13987778/asic.pdf
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:56:07 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 12:22:49 AM by Bitcoinorama

Anonmousg64, stop this now, it's embarrassing.

You're going through the typical motions of a delusional victim undertaking research to convince yourself the lie is true, or you're part of the scam.

Let's look at the facts, AGAIN:

He replies to his victims...I mean customers, promptly, of course, he wants to befriend you as he wants your money. Serious companies answer emails too, but...

He won't except escrow.

He won't send a working board to a mod or trusted third party.

He has a German accent and is/was coincidently using the "biggest Euro Bitcoin exchange".

The PCB board has had loads of surface mounted peripheral ports clearly ripped from it and other bits like a coaxial annatnae and heatsinks stuck in place.

In one picture a chip has a large logo, in another that's vanished and has been replaced with a photoshop cloning tool to erase the logo, why? So you don't recognise the brand as it would make no sense front to be there. Whatever brand it is it begins "in".

In the picture with the iPhone he purposely positions it to obscure the ASIC chips, yet if you look at the pic with them in, the tenth chip's corner should still easily be visible in the pic with the iPhone, but it isn't, why? Because the chips that are all absolutely identical photoshop copies.

Someone, gave us the Chinese company he's given the address to and I've emailed them to confirm whether they are doing any business with Lebanon, but they're probably really ****ing busy, right? I mean they've got to make and send the chips to Lebanon in time for him to assemble everything and deliver to you in two weeks and he still hasn't completed collecting preorders, but don't worry he sent some staff to China to hurry them up. He sorted their visa's lickety split!

Someone should drop BTC guild an email with a link to the video and have them confirm if there's any such user as cedertec_1. To be honest I've done enough, they may not want to give to many specifics, but I'm sure they'd love to know they've been implicated in this blatant fraud.

Anyone whose bought into this is either ****ing stupid or so ****ing greedy they get what they deserve for zero due diligence!

And some are actually worried that they may loose their place in the preorder queue? If there ever was a time to use ROFL PMSL, it's now!!!

I would love to be wrong I don't want to see stupid people loose money, genuinely, life is challenging enough for them, but if you're greedy I couldn't give a ***, I just wish a deserving charity got it instead.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
log2exp

Activity: 171
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:06:35 AM

Do we have any member in Lebanon to verify locally for their business. Lebanon is a fishy place to do any development, it's way more volatile than the price of BTC.
sniffinpoprocks

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:35:42 AM

Do we have any member in Lebanon to verify locally for their business. Lebanon is a fishy place to do any development, it's way more volatile than the price of BTC.
I'm actually less than 3hrs away, I've sent messages twice offering to come do a local eyes on...
only got crickets...
scam

“Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.”
crisuch

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:31:16 AM

At this point, it is more reasonable to wait until 14 May and see what happens.
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:20:46 AM

Anonmousg64, stop this now, it's embarrassing.

You're going through the typical motions of a delusional victim undertaking research to convince yourself the lie is true, or you're part of the scam.

Let's look at the facts, AGAIN:

He replies to his victims...I mean customers, promptly, of course, he wants to befriend you as he wants your money. Serious companies answer emails too, but...

He won't except escrow.

He won't send a working board to a mod or trusted third party.

He has a German accent and is/was coincidently using the "biggest Euro Bitcoin exchange".

The PCB board has had loads of surface mounted peripheral ports clearly ripped from it and other bits like a coaxial annatnae and heatsinks stuck in place.

In one picture a chip has a large logo, in another that's vanished and has been replaced with a photoshop cloning tool to erase the logo, why? So you don't recognise the brand as it would make no sense front to be there. Whatever brand it is it begins "in".

In the picture with the iPhone he purposely positions it to obscure the ASIC chips, yet if you look at the pic with them in, the tenth chip's corner should still easily be visible in the pic with the iPhone, but it isn't, why? Because the chips that are all absolutely identical photoshop copies.

Someone, gave us the Chinese company he's given the address to and I've emailed them to confirm whether they are doing any business with Lebanon, but they're probably really ****ing busy, right? I mean they've got to make and send the chips to Lebanon in time for him to assemble everything and deliver to you in two weeks and he still hasn't completed collecting preorders, but don't worry he sent some staff to China to hurry them up. He sorted their visa's lickety split!

Someone should drop BTC guild an email with a link to the video and have them confirm if there's any such user as cedertec_1. To be honest I've done enough, they may not want to give to many specifics, but I'm sure they'd love to know they've been implicated in this blatant fraud.

Anyone whose bought into this is either ****ing stupid or so ****ing greedy they get what they deserve for zero due diligence!

And some are actually worried that they may loose their place in the preorder queue? If there ever was a time to use ROFL PMSL, it's now!!!

I would love to be wrong I don't want to see stupid people loose money, genuinely, life is challenging enough for them, but if you're greedy I couldn't give a ***, I just wish a deserving charity got it instead.

seriously, im just trying to provide more information

he was replying to me before any of my purchases

escrow cant work for them, it couldn't work for avalon or bfl either

they should do that, but at this point it is pointless, 2weeks away from first batch of 100

i dont see how that matters in any way, it might be the best option for them in that area

oh so clear is it? i dont think you can substantiate that claim with low res images

i would like an answer for that inconsistency
not sure if its because the chip is blending into the line or if its like they said, a picture before they put in the chips maybe.
here is a compilation of those, troubling

im not arguing they are not a scam, but i cant just dismiss them as a scam, the potential is there i do admit it.
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:26:08 AM

This company needs to provide more proof now, we need to see documents, full detailed review of the hardware and software, a faq, a user manual, actual photos of the case(not mockups), live video and live stats.  I want to believe this is real, almost made a emotional buy today and realized there is not enough facts beyond a reasonable doubt that this is real or a scam, its somewhere in between.  I am litterly f5ing this thread every half hour of the day waiting to see this undeniable proof.  Id maybe like a statement or something from their manufacturer as well if possible.  They have answered every email and message I sent them but it always seems a bit vague and odd because of the language barrier.  They need to work on their public relations and social networking, for having a supposed product that beats everyone in price they have not showed their passion for their product and how much they believe in it themselves.  I can understand they may have a developer device themselves and they are waiting for finished products to be shipped from China to provide more proof but someone in China on their team needs to demo their products immediately. 

I call on everyone to demand undeniable proof and to stop sending them bitcoin until this is proven, I'm utterly shocked that the mods here have left this thread open and have not closed it knowing that its possible 140+ of us have spent thousands of bitcoins on something that is a scam until proven otherwise.  There is no doubt at all even in the people who preordered that they too have doubts and are in fear of being victims of theft and deception.  Honestly it would be a good idea to lock this thread until this company has proven themselves beyond doubt.  These guys could be pulling off the most elaborate skillful scam of bitcoin history.  I hope you all agree with me that we need undeniable proof and answers, I'm scared myself that I may send them bitcoin  because it is hella convincing, and I've been scammed like this before, just don't want to be fooled twice, I hope we all can do something together to prevent others from being victims.  I want this to be true the price point is perfect, but some things are too good to be true, this could be that too....
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:34:22 AM

I demand to see their source code and a copy of their CD and materials they do have, I'm sure at this point it should be finalized since they are waiting on hardware, enough is enough I say, let's all shoot them emails at support@cedartec.net and demand this information, this is getting out of hand now and I'm fed up with being led on and we all deserve cold hard facts and proof.  Give us what u have, let us know your chip and PCB provider and show us documents proving any business transactions, censor names for all I care, we deserve some good info.  I strongly advise nobody to send them a dime and contact them immediately for more details!
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:14:23 AM

'm utterly shocked that the mods here have left this thread open and have not closed it knowing that its possible 140+ of us have spent thousands of bitcoins on something that is a scam until proven otherwise.  There is no doubt at all even in the people who preordered that they too have doubts and are in fear of being victims of theft and deception.  Honestly it would be a good idea to lock this thread until this company has proven themselves beyond doubt.

So am I, I have zero faith in the mods to do anything about this. I've reported 4 items of abuse with 'zero % accuracy' for no other reason, nothing's been read, nothing's been resolved - they don't look into it, i.e. they don't 'moderate'. There are clearly 'unsophisticated' investors, foolish with their funds or more money than sense or rich parents etc. that need to be protected from these guys and themselves. Even *if* by some unbelievable chance there was a shred of truth there is not enough legitimate evidence here to purchase on anything but blind faith and not a sound investment based on evidence. It's at the scary point where people who have made purchase(s) are trying to defend them by providing their own supporting evidence after purchasing causing a chain of further purchasing stupidity based on greed and impulse.

I've at least emailed the Chinese company and will report if they return an email.

The very least a 'mod' should do is fire an email to BTCGuild. They may cooperate with a mod and give some historical evidence. They after all are implicated in this and are being openly abused as well.

--
Anonymousg64 sorry for being so harsh before if you're for real, but you have absolutely not committed to purchase by any rational means no matter how you try to convince yourself or anyone else. I do hope it works out though, really, because while some may not see it as a lot of money, it is.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:23:05 AM

So am I, I have zero faith in the mods to do anything about this.

The mods of this place largely have a hands-off approach. It is what it is. In their defense, it's not their job to investigate every possible scam proactively or police gullibility.

Welcome to the Wild West of an emerging technology.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:26:59 AM

So am I, I have zero faith in the mods to do anything about this.

The mods of this place largely have a hands-off approach. It is what it is. In their defense, it's not their job to investigate every possible scam proactively or police gullibility.

Welcome to the Wild West of an emerging technology.

I appreciate that to some extent they can't be omnipresent, but this is such a flagrant scam especially at a time they know more than ever due to the current climate people are out to abuse. It's upsetting to believe that some people believe it's the most sophisticated, complex and thorough ruse, when it's just a belligerent kid who will obviously stick to his story and never provide anything concrete, but plenty of half truths, that's what con artists do. They are very convincing at being vague, and thy let 'believers' fill in the gaps for them.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:51:49 AM

They are very convincing at being vague, and thy let 'believers' fill in the gaps for them.

It could be argued that we have a responsibility to do our part as members of this community to raise awareness of possible scams/fraud/other-concerns.

I mean, if a possible customer of CedarTec starts reading on page one, gets to this point in the thread, and still orders a product from CedarTec then there is just no helping them.

We've done all we can at that point.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:55:21 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 08:41:18 AM by Bitcoinorama

They are very convincing at being vague, and thy let 'believers' fill in the gaps for them.

It could be argued that we have a responsibility to do our part as members of this community to raise awareness of possible scams/fraud/other-concerns.

I mean, if a possible customer of CedarTec starts reading on page one, gets to this point in the thread, and still orders a product from CedarTec then there is just no helping them.

We've done all we can at that point.

Indeed, but everytime I get pinged by email to see how the thread has progressed, it appears backwards with more 'believers' trying their hardest to convince themselves or others it's a legitimate investment. That or they are stooges, a lot of these buyers/supporters oddly have new accounts.

It's gambling not investing.

Even worse blind gambling on a horse that's never run before without even knowing whether they are in possession of a real horse that can run...!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: