Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:34:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CedarTec Topic - New ASIC [Scam?]  (Read 42994 times)
crisuch

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:18:27 AM

Any working product is solid evidence...why involve him at all?  It just doesn't make sense unless there is something else going on that nobody is party to.
One thing is that they could have a demo CT-80, another thing is if they really will produce in large scale. Then, we must know about the third part: the chinese manufacturers.

Of course this is true...but if they can make one they'd make a lot more money as a legitimate business than as a scam...even if they started out that way Smiley
In any case, today I'm feel optimistic about CedarTec Smiley
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
h4r13q1n

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:20:53 AM

Since I have proven that this is not a scam, please feel comfortable order from them. If, by some slim chance, CedarTec turns out to be a scam, I will fully reimburst all those that get scammed.

I don't understand how anybody could see that as something other than a somewhat sarcastic joke.
detail3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:22:16 AM

Any working product is solid evidence...why involve him at all?  It just doesn't make sense unless there is something else going on that nobody is party to.
One thing is that they could have a demo CT-80, another thing is if they really will produce in large scale. Then, we must know about the third part: the chinese manufacturers.

Of course this is true...but if they can make one they'd make a lot more money as a legitimate business than as a scam...even if they started out that way Smiley
In any case, today I'm feel optimistic about CedarTec Smiley

Yeah...I'm not sure I can go that far.  The whole thing is just so odd.  One email they go from total scam to entirely legit, not sure how that works.
premo

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:30:36 AM

i wouldnt say its entirely legit bt rather its lookkin more hopeful
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:33:36 AM

I cannot confirm Phinnaeus Gage email are real yet.
I have not received an email from them saying so as he requested they do.
crisuch

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:38:35 AM

This is like a psychological thriller...jajaja. Well, I'm going to bed.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 02:54:27 AM

You can't go to bed till Bitcoinorama posts what I sent him, for I need him as a witness that I all I've state is tue.
dtmcnamara

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:04:23 AM

You can't go to bed till Bitcoinorama posts what I sent him, for I need him as a witness that I all I've state is tue.

Looks like he is gone already...

Helping stop scammers by giving negative trust thats visible.
Tips always accepted -
BTC 16BebiEjTEoZrd4MNyiHKyfEz9UMSeNoGH DOGE DKrXgYyrw4cNfv4sKkWs7oyTXaXVCqP23X
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:05:34 AM

SCAM!
maybe this will wake him up, a role reversal
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:13:16 AM

Shit you scared me for a moment.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 03:18:28 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 03:48:35 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Time to let the cat outta the bag before anymore fuckin' idiots send money. The following is a PM I sent to Bitcoinorama. Either later tonight or tomorrow he'll confirm the exchange. I did do one edit below, now in yellow.

Sent to: Bitcoinorama on: Today at 08:01:58 PM

Don't let the cat outta the bag yet, until we see what reply Anonymousg64 claims to get.

For the life of me I can't see how they would fully communicate with him [but] not with more respected members, hence believing they are the same person.

My guess is that within 30 minutes he'll have a reply from CedarTec stating that my email from them is bogus, which is true. Feel free to let the cat outta the bag first if I miss the opportunity.

BTW, fully reimburst is a term I could easily cover, albeit fully reimburse is not. If a person gets scammed due to their fuckin' stupidity, I would fully reimburst them with: Dude, you are fully reimburst!

Feel free to submit this PM in full when you feel the time is right. I will confirm your action.

Later, bud.

Bruno K.

I did a complete 180 in 22 minutes, from a post at Today at 06:55:56 PM expressing nailing the bastards, to a post at Today at 07:17:52 PM, offering up a contrived email sent from them claiming that I was getting a miner, which is utter BULLSHIT!

I'm on record throughout this thread, sans the ruse, that this is a SCAM, yet people ordered nonetheless, based upon the shitty verbiage on their website, a few posts on this forum, and the lack of any substance in their email exchanges with Anonymousg64.

I offered up contrived emails from CedarTec, and they too were accepted as gospel, probably only because of some status I'm supposed to have given my post count/length of membership on this forum, yet none of that carried any weight while forewarning about the lack of information from CedarTec.

Many a prominent members here offered up the same four letter word:

SCAM

PS: I see that I did make a little mistake in assuming that Anonymousg64 is not a respected member, which I don't believe is the case. I mistakenly believe he was fairly new which is not the case. I have doubts about the exchanges, but not as much as prior. At this speaking, I believe him to be up-and-up, but this entire episode is so mother fuckin' weird.

With apologies to Anonymousg64.
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:56:40 AM

i thought there was something wrong with those emails, intentional errors that would seem german

is dvdrewritable one of your accounts?

I emailed support for some confirmation on those claims, first received a reply saying they were not sure, then I linked to this thread and received following message

Dear customer,

currently we are working under optimization of the components
Mass production will be during this next stage.

before this final stage is complete
a the CT-80 demo will be sent as promised
off course, we will provide tracking informations.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.

So this is good news, in not so distant future we should expect to see at the least, partially complete proto unit arriving in the hands of mr gage, and he can document this evidence; before anybody else takes a risk by pre-ordering

No reply yet from CedarTec.
detail3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:07:40 AM

Time to let the cat outta the bag before anymore fuckin' idiots send money. The following is a PM I sent to Bitcoinorama. Either later tonight or tomorrow he'll confirm the exchange. I did do one edit below, now in yellow.

Don't let the cat outta the bag yet, until we see what reply Anonymousg64 claims to get.

For the life of me I can't see how they would fully communicate with him [but] not with more respected members, hence believing they are the same person.

My guess is that within 30 minutes he'll have a reply from CedarTec stating that my email from them is bogus, which is true. Feel free to let the cat outta the bag first if I miss the opportunity.

BTW, fully reimburst is a term I could easily cover, albeit fully reimburse is not. If a person gets scammed due to their fuckin' stupidity, I would fully reimburst them with: Dude, you are fully reimburst!

Feel free to submit this PM in full when you feel the time is right. I will confirm your action.

Later, bud.

Bruno K.

I did a complete 180 in 22 minutes, from a post at Today at 06:55:56 PM expressing nailing the bastards, to a post at Today at 07:17:52 PM, offering up a contrived email sent from them claiming that I was getting a miner, which is utter BULLSHIT!

I'm on record throughout this thread, sans the ruse, that this is a SCAM, yet people ordered nonetheless, based upon the shitty verbiage on their website, a few posts on this forum, and the lack of any substance in their email exchanges with Anonymousg64.

I offered up contrived emails from CedarTec, and they too were accepted as gospel, probably only because of some status I'm supposed to have given my post count/length of membership on this forum, yet none of that carried any weight while forewarning about the lack of information from CedarTec.

SCAM

PS: I see that I did make a little mistake in assuming that Anonymousg64 is not a respected member, which I don't believe is the case. I mistakenly believe he was fairly new which is not the case. I have doubts about the exchanges, but not as much as prior. At this speaking, I believe him to be up-and-up, but this entire episode is so mother fuckin' weird.

This doesn't make any sense at all, what were you trying to prove?  I mean, I get it...but what if you inadvertently cost a user on the forums their bitcoins because of your ruse and reputation? 

I hope nobody did, but if so, based upon your endorsement (however odd, granted), well, I'd feel shitty about that one. 
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:09:51 AM

The troll is strong in this one...

I'm glad you called it off Bruno - I was starting to worry.

ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:30:20 AM

lol wut? Some crazy shit going on in this thread, is this for real?  Are the emails from cedartec fake or is he really getting a free miner?  If this happens I'm selling my car for 15 miners lololol
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 05:31:39 AM

Later, bud.

Bruno K.

SCAM

This doesn't make any sense at all, what were you trying to prove?  I mean, I get it...but what if you inadvertently cost a user on the forums their bitcoins because of your ruse and reputation? 

I hope nobody did, but if so, based upon your endorsement (however odd, granted), well, I'd feel shitty about that one. 

Hence calling it off, hence doing everything in my power so that others don't get scammed. I offer no apologies for my earlier actions, of which I apologize for not offering up any apologies.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 05:40:53 AM

A Nigerian father talking with his son:

Son: Dad, I got this idea for the next time you go to that cafe. Pretend to be building one of them ASIC bitcoin miner.
Dad: Let me tell you something, son. Stick with what's working, for nobody's going to fall for that ol' chestnut.
Son: But dad, I've read their forum in school, and...
Dad: Enough already! Geeks are too bright to fall for such a ruse.
Son: But dad, this guy from Lebanon...
Dad: Go to the olive tree and bring back a switch.
Son: But dad, there are even these two guys in Sweden...
Dad: Hand me my belt!
Son: But dad, please listen to me! Another guy had this ATM machine...
Dad: I'm listening!
ionstorm

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:49:47 AM

Crazy crazy shit lol, thanks for getting my hopes up now down.  Some people should cancel their orders and see what happens.
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:05:44 AM

usually it takes a few hours to get a bitcoin address to send to, as long as they have not sent bitcoins their order will expire in 24hours from the time of receiving the address.

I do not believe they are a scam, but do not buy based on what i think

For the moment we are waiting for these promises to be fulfilled:

-livestats
-better video
-better pictures
-updated information on the website
-summary for the past 2 years of the development
-bruno me(iwish) getting a demo unit

Im trying to get an ETA on those from them and how long the expected delays will be for mass production.
ionstorm

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:15:16 AM

Cedartec is the best make believe miner out there, shit if bfl had cedartecs price point it would be freaking amazing.  I think it could be a scam for the simple fact that shipping would cost 1-200 dollars according to dhl Lebanon's site, maybe I calculated it wrong but check it out and find the cheapest shipping. 

Id advise anyone who has multiple orders to try and cancel, if they send bitcoin back reorder.
usually it takes a few hours to get a bitcoin address to send to, as long as they have not sent bitcoins their order will expire in 24hours from the time of receiving the address.

I do not believe they are a scam, but do not buy based on what i think

For the moment we are waiting for these promises to be fulfilled:

-livestats
-better video
-better pictures
-updated information on the website
-summary for the past 2 years of the development
-bruno me(iwish) getting a demo unit

Im trying to get an ETA on those from them and how long the expected delays will be for mass production.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: