Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:10:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CedarTec Topic - New ASIC [Scam?]  (Read 42988 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 06:19:56 PM

Although Plasmoske, any chance for a slower speed gif?

Take a screenshot of the two images, then...

Give me a sec, and I do it for you folks, after I get a cup of Java.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 06:30:08 PM

Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:33:51 PM

Dont shoot the messenger this time.

Dear customer,

the first thing that we can say is, this is not our pcb.
We are not allowed to publish information at this moment
because we are working with new manufactures and new contracts.

There are around 80-90 refund request till now.
Our company knows this is a hard decision for our customers,
as for us, but we have to fulfill our work.

We think we need around 1 month.

Live stats will be published as fast as we can.

As we said this is a decision that you must
decide. If you would like to request a refund
please send us your Bitcoin address.

We attempt to publish more informations soon.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.
premo

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:40:06 PM

im jus glad that they put scam in the title of thread
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:36:31 PM

Utterly priceless!

Dont shoot the messenger this time.

Dear customer,

the first thing that we can say is, this is not our pcb.
We are not allowed to publish information at this moment
because we are working with new manufactures and new contracts.

There are around 80-90 refund request till now.
Our company knows this is a hard decision for our customers,
as for us, but we have to fulfill our work.

We think we need around 1 month.

Live stats will be published as fast as we can.

As we said this is a decision that you must
decide. If you would like to request a refund
please send us your Bitcoin address.

We attempt to publish more informations soon.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.

Seriously, they acknowledge purposely deceiving people AND want to continue this shit based on the fact they have a NEW manufacturer. I'm not kidding I actually knew some very impressive con-artists and they would actually continue to defend their bs and attempt to carry on as normal. There is something pathologically wrong with these people.

This is their PCB they have it displayed on their website and chose to paste it in this thread. Still looks like we're set for some more fun and games. I really think their sole motivation is page count with this thread...

And for the record, did they actually put [SCAM?] in this thread themselves?!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
premo

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:35:59 PM

oh i wasnt implying that cedar put scam bt sumone must of n thats who my thanks go to
premo

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:36:56 PM

oh i wasnt implying that cedar put scam bt sumone must of n thats who my thanks go to
ultraimports

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:00:11 PM

Looking at this for a total of 10 minutes, I do ask: why a scam? So, you found a pic that looks like their 'proof'...maybe it was a prototype design, since their site still shows them testing?

Either way, they did an elaborate video to show their prototype just to scam an entire forum of naturally un-trusting patrons anyway (every sale is escrow). I do not see the risk/return for this scam, and they have put a lot of work into the video itself. Even the "ooh, flashing LED" still matches their overall design on the site.

Now, I"m not buying one of these, and some of these scam points are valid, but the non-scam logic out numbers the accusations. Anyone want to buy an ASIC miner that looks like a DIMM? I replaced the ram chips w/ Avalons...I swear...

Thats as far as I would go w/ a scam Smiley
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:30:15 PM

Looking at this for a total of 10 minutes, I do ask: why a scam? So, you found a pic that looks like their 'proof'...maybe it was a prototype design, since their site still shows them testing?

Either way, they did an elaborate video to show their prototype just to scam an entire forum of naturally un-trusting patrons anyway (every sale is escrow). I do not see the risk/return for this scam, and they have put a lot of work into the video itself. Even the "ooh, flashing LED" still matches their overall design on the site.

Now, I"m not buying one of these, and some of these scam points are valid, but the non-scam logic out numbers the accusations. Anyone want to buy an ASIC miner that looks like a DIMM? I replaced the ram chips w/ Avalons...I swear...

Ah cool, all of 10 minutes, eh? Why don't you read the entire thread and you'll find out.

Not quite sure what credibility you expect to provide here, when you've just turned up, admitted to a ten minute browse and then led to a conclusion based entirely on assumption!?

Or was that humour? Undecided

shapemaker

Activity: 238

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:31:54 AM

Just let this bloody scam thread die already, will ya? Or better, mods please lock it...

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:12:43 AM

Just let this bloody scam thread die already, will ya? Or better, mods please lock it...

wont happen until someone actually gets scammed

sorry folks, its not over yet, i agree with ultraimports, something is amiss if you hold a strong belief they are absolutely a scam.
I dont see how it can work for them to be a scam, they already lost over 60% of their orders to refunds and anyone going to buy an ASIC would surely look around the forums first.

WARNING: I am not saying they are not a scam, or that you are wrong.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:46:30 AM

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 05:13:25 AM

Why do we only accept bitcoins on this way, is the most asked question.
We answered this question many times.
What we do in the pre-order stage is to look at our incoming orders and after
a payment is made the unit will be produced, so there is no way for us to accept
paypal or escrow service, we do not need the bitcoins after the production for your pre-order,
we need it before. After a payment is made, it becomes binding. No refunds.
But this is written before you made your order at the top.
We build by order, up to 1000 units.

And yet they're giving refunds.

Why post images in the OP of boards that don't belong to them, yet the images are what's driving sales, and never once stipulated that those weren't the boards.

But they did stipulate this:

Dear bitcointalk users,

until now there are no (new) questions
from your side, everything is answered,
so please do not wonder why we are not writing.
Currently we have no new updates to publish.

Like already said, we will take photos
from a other perspective/angle and will
show you that everything on the pcb is real.

The optimization is near the end,
after that we will do the next step.

Our next step for you is to publish a video,
it will show the webgui, which we already
showed in our gallery, the hashing prototype
with consumption in watt, temperatures
and other details of our product.

Our next step of our product is to start
the mass production.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.

It's official!

SCAM

Dear bitcointalk community,

as you can see we are using voltage regulators
and diodes on the pcb.

It is no problem to provide the needed voltages.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 05:40:43 PM

and fuck the stats. Even stats can be faked. How about they show themselves IN PERSON.

Tell everyone their address. Let a few forum members visit and show them a demo of their product.

And how about this also. Show their faces on photo. OHHHSHIIII!  Shocked Grin With a piece of paper saying "Hey. We are CedarTec. For real dawg!"

Betcha they won't even dare do any of this. Legitimate my arse. So legit, they won't even dare to show themselves.

Bonus points. Take a photo with that piece of paper. With a shoe on top of their head.

They claim that they're a bunch of college geeks behind this project, yet nary a one of them has a camera with built-in GPS to snap one pic of the principles on the street they gave as their address. It's a long street, so they don't even have to do it near their shop. In fact, they could take a pic near their shop, for how are we to know?

I love their business model: A handful of students working on a device for two years of which every miner would pay dearly for, but they limit the quantity to a mere 1,000 units, splitting the profits among a handful of people. Fuckin' geniuses! I wouldn't be surprised if they spend the profits on licorice pipes.
tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:48:31 PM

sorry folks, its not over yet, i agree with ultraimports, something is amiss if you hold a strong belief they are absolutely a scam.
I dont see how it can work for them to be a scam, they already lost over 60% of their orders to refunds and anyone going to buy an ASIC would surely look around the forums first.

Hey man you might wanna try and get a refund on your first one too so you can order a couple of these, company looks far more reliable.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203342.0

Announcing the all new ASIC Dollhouse
 While you mine Bitcoins*, your daughter will be shocked by the dollhouse (literally).
                          These are shipping now for 1BTC, so grab one while you can Wink

To place an order just email Kruncha@bollocks.com

Additional modules: The garage and the conservatory have 500GH/s each.

*Other accessories include: BBQ pit (PCI-Ex16) and a YAK enclosure (Sandybridge).

Thank you for your attention Grin

K.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 07:21:06 PM

and fuck the stats. Even stats can be faked. How about they show themselves IN PERSON.

Tell everyone their address. Let a few forum members visit and show them a demo of their product.

And how about this also. Show their faces on photo. OHHHSHIIII!  Shocked Grin With a piece of paper saying "Hey. We are CedarTec. For real dawg!"

Betcha they won't even dare do any of this. Legitimate my arse. So legit, they won't even dare to show themselves.

Bonus points. Take a photo with that piece of paper. With a shoe on top of their head.

They claim that they're a bunch of college geeks behind this project, yet nary a one of them has a camera with built-in GPS to snap one pic of the principles on the street they gave as their address. It's a long street, so they don't even have to do it near their shop. In fact, they could take a pic near their shop, for how are we to know?

I love their business model: A handful of students working on a device for two years of which every miner would pay dearly for, but they limit the quantity to a mere 1,000 units, splitting the profits among a handful of people. Fuckin' geniuses! I wouldn't be surprised if they spend the profits on licorice pipes.

Yes they do! iPhone 4S or 5, they use it to kindly obscure their ASIC chips where they don't exist in one of the photos. also rather than show the what the camera could see in that shot, they display their website on it.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 07:31:24 PM

Hey man you might wanna try and get a refund on your first one too so you can order a couple of these, company looks far more reliable.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203342.0

Announcing the all new ASIC Dollhouse
 While you mine Bitcoins*, your daughter will be shocked by the dollhouse (literally).
                          These are shipping now for 1BTC, so grab one while you can Wink

To place an order just email Kruncha@bollocks.com

Additional modules: The garage and the conservatory have 500GH/s each.

*Other accessories include: BBQ pit (PCI-Ex16) and a YAK enclosure (Sandybridge).

Thank you for your attention Grin

K.

Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Cedartec's just been served. They better up their game...

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they had stolen some of their design inspiration from this masterpiece!! Grin

No, but seriously...

ultraimports

Activity: 188

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:25:38 PM

Ah cool, all of 10 minutes, eh? Why don't you read the entire thread and you'll find out.

Not quite sure what credibility you expect to provide here, when you've just turned up, admitted to a ten minute browse and then led to a conclusion based entirely on assumption!?

Or was that humour? Undecided

Its not about credibility...and in fact, it was more to point out that this is not the place to scam, as most of us are naturally skeptical anyway. Ebay would be the best spot IMO. And yes, 10 minutes to see THEIR site was all I needed. Whether its a scam or not, most on this forum would not be dupped anyway....waste of forum space. Let the market resolve itself.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:59:30 PM

Its not about credibility...and in fact, it was more to point out that this is not the place to scam, as most of us are naturally skeptical anyway. Ebay would be the best spot IMO. And yes, 10 minutes to see THEIR site was all I needed. Whether its a scam or not, most on this forum would not be dupped anyway....waste of forum space. Let the market resolve itself.

Noo, I think you underestimate the stupidity of some of the people on this forum, you really should read this thread from the beginning. On numerous occasions throughout it, it has been described as the 'best thread ever' for good reason. Hugely entertaining...

Besides, why would you choose eBay?? eBay has buyer recourse, and you can only snare one at a time. These guys took $150k in Anonymous currency in a matter of weeks...allegedly...only refunding when the correct ways to dispute online transactions was shared...repeatedly!!

To then turn around and attempt to continue scamming...at a higher price no less!!!

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:17:25 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2013, 12:41:32 PM by lophie

is that doll house photoshopped or actually made? Because I am so buying one to decorate my office with <3

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: