Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:03:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner  (Read 2164067 times)
U253

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:38:05 PM

does anyone else think this thread should be locked and a final post stating to refer to previous complaints as well as dev abandonment be made?

I know it may work;  but use anything other than EWBF;  save yourself the headache.....  especially considering the early versions' trojans.

Absolutely. The thread should be closed.
Admins please do so.

The last 10 pages are complaints from noobs (who do not understand mining) about issues not related to the miner.
Like the previous post from a guy who claims has been mining for a year and still doesn't have a clue about shares difficulty.

totally agree

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gameminerv4g5

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:48:23 AM

Hello everyone. Been using EFWB for Zach for almost a year now and within last couple weeks or month maybe the devfees have jumped through the roof.https://farm1.staticflickr.com/904/41740699562_ebcceaa487_o.jpg

I dont mid supporting but this is different.Check image. It goes on like that for a long time until I close the program.

Ive added the --fee 0.1 but I ddint know where to put it. I just put it at the end. Is that correct? And whats up with the EFWB doing this out of nowhere?

Yes it is much easier. If anyone else is having the same problem all you need to do is move the miner folder to system 32 folder. Then task scheduler can access it. If you just mine in the backround on a gaming computer it is a good idea to set a task to have it mine on idle and when locked. This way my miner is running unless i close it to play a game or watch videos online. I mine much more often now almost double. Also you may need to change miner folder owner and permissions I don't remember exactly what I changed.

ebwf you may want to let people know how to set up a task in task scheduler to make mining more efficient. it took me a while to figure it out I am not a computer expert. Also great miner!
gt_addict

Activity: 2478
Merit: 621

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:38:26 PM

Didnt realise he has abandoned it. I was just about to ask if he could implement a clock in it so i can keep track of runtime and track any hanging or problems.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
juville

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:45:23 PM

Hi all,

I've 2 mining rigs, both with 7 gpus (GTX 1070) same settings. Only difference is that 1st rig is using a 1200watt PSU and then 2nd one is using 1050watt PSU.(Edited: i've added a 550wat PSU to my second rig but the issues still occurs)

For my first rig, its steady and stable. It does auto Restart once in awhile but it will always starts mining when it turns back on.

On the other hand, my second rig has this issue.

Sometimes(not all the time), it will mine for a period of time, can be an hour or can be 2-3days . After an auto restart occurs, when my mining rig turned back on , my mining rig does not detect all the 7 gpus and ewbf does not auto restart my rig either.

So first issue, why does my Mining rig does not detect all my gpus after an auto restart occurs on my rig?

Second issue, if i cant solve this, can i do up a batch file or settings in EWBF to restart my mining rig again if the error message of unable to detect my GPU occurs on my ewbf miner?

Really appreciate if anyone could help me solve this.

Thanks!
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:19:40 PM

Hi all,

I've 2 mining rigs, both with 7 gpus (GTX 1070) same settings. Only difference is that 1st rig is using a 1200watt PSU and then 2nd one is using 1050watt PSU.(Edited: i've added a 550wat PSU to my second rig but the issues still occurs)

For my first rig, its steady and stable. It does auto Restart once in awhile but it will always starts mining when it turns back on.

On the other hand, my second rig has this issue.

Sometimes(not all the time), it will mine for a period of time, can be an hour or can be 2-3days . After an auto restart occurs, when my mining rig turned back on , my mining rig does not detect all the 7 gpus and ewbf does not auto restart my rig either.

So first issue, why does my Mining rig does not detect all my gpus after an auto restart occurs on my rig?

Second issue, if i cant solve this, can i do up a batch file or settings in EWBF to restart my mining rig again if the error message of unable to detect my GPU occurs on my ewbf miner?

Really appreciate if anyone could help me solve this.

Thanks!

1) The detection issue is most likely due to garbage risers gone bad.
2) EWBF will only ever "auto start" if it's told to by some outside program manager. This means that if it does start sometimes and doesn't start other times, then you have an issue in whatever you are using to manage auto-starts (given that there are any number of 100+ different programs, and you didn't mention what OS you're using, no one can give any specific advice without more info from you).

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Wotan Wipeout

Activity: 438
Merit: 27

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:41:35 PM

@Juville

From my experience you need a better power supply.
When you start the miner there can be some high spikes when the gpu starts until it is regulated to the powertarget.
You might need to avoid this with a better power supply.
7 1070s take around 0.84 kw/h, add the cpu etc and you might be around 0.9 kw/h.
You only need a short spike of 20% to overload the power supply.
Better to buy 1.2 kw/h power supply or go down to 6 gpus.
Anyway for the best powerconsumption of the supply you should avoid to go over 80%.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 01:38:25 AM

@Juville

From my experience you need a better power supply.
When you start the miner there can be some high spikes when the gpu starts until it is regulated to the powertarget.
You might need to avoid this with a better power supply.
7 1070s take around 0.84 kw/h, add the cpu etc and you might be around 0.9 kw/h.
You only need a short spike of 20% to overload the power supply.
Better to buy 1.2 kw/h power supply or go down to 6 gpus.
Anyway for the best powerconsumption of the supply you should avoid to go over 80%.

not only that, but most PSU needs a different amount of "cooldown time" to discharge and reset the PSU to the normal (not faulted) state.... so the system simply isn't cutting all power to the PSU (hard-off via switch or cable unplugging) for long enough to let the other PSU come out of a fault setting.

Verify this next time with a multimeter;  see where the fault arises; verify with what PSU (most likely the secondary psu).

FYI;  do the math on what your PSU says it can supply amp-wise on the +12v line....  not the overall rating.
Next check to see if the 12V is split into two banks or sources;  each will own have its own power limit normally (one being less than the other to feed the motherboard and CPU amperage for example).

Most people exceed one of the power limits thinking they are in the green.  The Coolmax brand is NOTORIOUS for not saying what bank supplies power to what plugs.  You can easily mistake that 110A of +12V on a 1600w PSU is an ok figure;  but they niglect to tell you that 60A serves the PCIE power ports, and that the other 50A is for the SATA/Molex power connections, CPU and motherboard +12v.  One of these PSU's could have burned down my house, and almost at the same time destroyed an expensive (back then) S7.When I emailed them asking if it was ok to pull 110A from the PCIE ports, they replied, "yes, it capable of supplying 110A to the PCIE power connectors"...   I took it apart, and explained their miscommunication, and they immidiately backtracked and asked me to send a photo of the burned board to try and warranty it.... When they saw the burned daughter card;  they said it wasn't covered and ignored every email from then on.... realizing after my third email telling them they are giving incorrect information on their label, and now.   Take this as a learning lesson.  Seriously.   You don't know what really powers what sometimes unless you open it and follow the traces on the board.

Now;
Unless you are buying recent platinum rated PSU;  always be safe and figure like this example:
It can supply 40A of +12v.  
so 40*0.8=32A of safe usable power that you can use every 100% of AND have a margin of error.  
0.8 is 80%, and if you want it in wattage: 32a*12v=384w  
(E=I*R)
And as always, do not forget to be sure not to exceed the ratings on the power line feeding the PSU itself..

If buying platinum, I factor it at 85%.  Just to be safe.  Everything else I ritually go as per the above.

Also to finish @Juville:  Don't use EWBF.  read the last 10 pages of this thread.... please, for the love of god..... read them and you will understand my concerns.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:57:18 AM

....Also to finish @Juville:  Don't use EWBF.  read the last 10 pages of this thread.... please, for the love of god..... read them and you will understand my concerns.
As someone who uses this miner with over 60 cards on 3 different OSs, I can say that's the worst advice I've seen on the internet in years. There may be nominal preferential differences between MinerA and MinerB, from a software perspective, but any advice that includes "Don't use [MinerX].... please, for the love of god..." is just pure and utter bullshit.

Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
blazeaglory

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:27:40 AM

does anyone else think this thread should be locked and a final post stating to refer to previous complaints as well as dev abandonment be made?

I know it may work;  but use anything other than EWBF;  save yourself the headache.....  especially considering the early versions' trojans.

Admins please do so.

The last 10 pages are complaints from noobs (who do not understand mining) about issues not related to the miner.
Like the previous post from a guy who claims has been mining for a year and still doesn't have a clue about shares difficulty.

And? Ive been mining and more. Is that so unheard of that a person hasnt heard of "shares difficulty"? Not everyone can be so oh wise and all knowing as you.

And guess what? Considering I just recently realized this was happening, that I just learned YESTERDAY in reference to shares difficulty by someone who is much wiser and competent than you, not to mention patient and all around a decent person. I never really felt the need to delve into it further until I noticed what seemed like excessive devfees. And if that is infact the answer(shares difficulty), thats all you had to say. Heres a link in regards to shares difficulty. THANK YOU

If you dont like it, STOP READING THE SAME THREAD! Take your negative energy and keep it to yourself. Everything can be solved by HELPING someone instead of being an assumptive judgemental jerk.

Thank you to anyone who actually gave me info on this and I do agree, close the thread or make a sticky or something becuase EVERYONE IS A F**KING NEWB AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER and you as a newb learned from others who took the time to teach you and didnt moan like a little b*tch about it
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 04:39:57 AM

Admins please do so.

And? Ive been mining and more. Is that so unheard of that a person hasnt heard of "shares difficulty"? Not everyone can be so oh wise and all knowing as you.

And guess what? Considering I just recently realized this was happening, that I just learned YESTERDAY in reference to shares difficulty by someone who is much wiser and competent than you, not to mention patient and all around a decent person. I never really felt the need to delve into it further until I noticed what seemed like excessive devfees. And if that is infact the answer(shares difficulty), thats all you had to say. Heres a link in regards to shares difficulty. THANK YOU

If you dont like it, STOP READING THE SAME THREAD! Take your negative energy and keep it to yourself. Everything can be solved by HELPING someone instead of being an assumptive judgemental jerk.

Thank you to anyone who actually gave me info on this and I do agree, close the thread or make a sticky or something becuase EVERYONE IS A F**KING NEWB AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER and you as a newb learned from others who took the time to teach you and didnt moan like a little b*tch about it
All of your above reply was completely unnecessary.

The problem I see is poor attitudes like yours right now blaze.   No names were given, it was a point of example on his part;  a recent; re-occurring and fresh one... not just you bud; I have seen countless people not able to do such a simple thing as google what it is and how it is interpreted on a per-use case.  It still happens to this day.    You took offense for some reason, probably because you indeed were in that position.  You called yourself to it;  not us.

Remember: A circle of behavior like this must stop somewhere.   Please don't perpetuate this behavior, it is a kin to beating a dead horse; aside from being flat-out rude and obnoxious having nothing to do with furthering the current state of discussions.  This is not the behavior and class of poster the board needs.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
crypper

Activity: 239
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:14:28 PM

Admins please do so.

The fact that you couldn't learn it by yourself and needed someone to explain it to you is already sad.
But my point is that the last 20-30 pages of the thread are like a deja vu: dev is cheating with fees, miner crashes my system, miner contains virus, etc...
The miner is rock solid. It's not been updated for over 20 months and it doesn't need to. It just does the job. It's like AKM: simple and reliable.
If you have problems with it - it's most likely caused by your rig setup rather than by miner and 99.9% guarantee your problem has been addressed somewhere in the thread. The miner doesn't have any bugs, period.
So let's just close the thread.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:33:45 AM

lmao trolls are funny, the miner is fine who need update when it works as it should?

The users who like or demanded some fancy colors  Cheesy

honestly, some users are comparing it to other miners out there who has some extra features

You cant blame newbies asking repeated questions, Its kinda annoying, however digging and reading 290++ pages is not easy if you don't know how to use the proper google query.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:14:45 AM

....reading 290++ pages is not easy...
Roll Eyes feken Millennials  Roll Eyes

chaostic

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:44:32 PM

This thread should be CLOSED, project has been abandoned for some time, all the while n00bz without any clue come here looking for support for something that simply does not exist, look into DSTM (better miner in every aspect, active development, a non greedy dev) with miners like dstm that have no reliability issues except for user error, it's really a no brainer, i checked back here for lulz just to find dev has either skated, been robbed, or shot, or all the above or just simply got so rich so fast he doesnt know how to maintain, poor people should never get rich they do not know how to act when they do have a decent amount of cash. lol @ faken millenials Grin I r Entitled to all jur zcash kthx haha
Mohondoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:35:01 AM

At 100% power target, i'm getting about 315 sol/s per gtx 1080, at 60% power target about 280 sol/s, great improvement over other miners. +200mhz core +1000 mhz memory in msi afterburner, I have founders edition cards.
ap0stol

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:41:36 AM

At 100% power target, i'm getting about 315 sol/s per gtx 1080, at 60% power target about 280 sol/s, great improvement over other miners. +200mhz core +1000 mhz memory in msi afterburner, I have founders edition cards.
1080 easely can do 580-580 at 155W
maybe you mean 1060 ?
madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1973

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:34:15 PM

1080 easely can do 580-580 at 155W
maybe you mean 1060 ?
He was wrong. My GTX 1070s give about 470 sol/s and GTX 1070ti about 530 sol / s. Core 2000 mhz, memory 4300 mhz PL 90%

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
hyperion23

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:22:53 AM

what is code 30? then it will go Error Code 46. im using GTX1070 Palit Dual Fan
Mastker

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:26:00 AM

what is code 30? then it will go Error Code 46. im using GTX1070 Palit Dual Fan

I had error code 46. I reduced the clock frequency, then it does not happen again.
shicin

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:43:31 PM

Hello.

INFO 16:39:28: GPU0 DevFee Accepted share
INFO 16:39:29: GPU0 DevFee Accepted share
INFO 16:39:29: GPU0 DevFee Accepted share
INFO 16:39:30: GPU0 DevFee Accepted share
INFO 16:39:30: GPU0 DevFee Accepted share

5 consecutive sends... 2% Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: