Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:13:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Ticker Box {Desktop}  (Read 348 times)
wonko (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:58:15 AM

Hey guys,

A little while ago I made this little bitcoin ticker for my desk and I've been getting some people requesting that I also build one for them.  I figured I'd throw it out here and see if there's any interest.  If enough people would like to buy one I'll build a batch:

The unit is powered from a standard microUSB port.  It also contains a cellular modem to to access the data, so you can take it anywhere without having to worry about getting it on wifi. (I can support international carriers as well).

Price: $150 + $10/month for cellular data.  This also includes any new features that we may come up with for the software.  Since it's cellular I can remotely update the firmware and implement new features (Scrolling ticket with multiple currencies?)

If you're interested please fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/pFXXacsLaaijtN3G2

Happy to answer any questions you may have!

-wonko
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gueorguiev

Activity: 171
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:45:18 AM

Judging from grainy look on top can I assume that this is 3d printed? if so im just curious about what type material you are using (ABS,PLA). Another question I have, Is there a way that that I don't have to pay the $10/month for cell service and have it run strictly off wifi?
wonko (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:59:46 PM

Judging from grainy look on top can I assume that this is 3d printed? if so im just curious about what type material you are using (ABS,PLA). Another question I have, Is there a way that that I don't have to pay the $10/month for cell service and have it run strictly off wifi?

Yes it's 3D printed on PLA, although this was done with by home printer and if I do a batch I'd order it from a print house so it would be higher quality

I'd have to re-design the board for wifi but I'm not against doing that if there's high enough demand
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:17:23 AM

Yes it's 3D printed on PLA, although this was done with by home printer and if I do a batch I'd order it from a print house so it would be higher quality

I'd have to re-design the board for wifi but I'm not against doing that if there's high enough demand
You'll probably have more luck selling a ticker that doesn't have cell service. there's honestly no point in having cell service with a device that is most likely going to be stationary

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: