Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:49:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed by buybitcoin.com.. Effective forms of recourse?  (Read 741 times)
DavidBAL (OP)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Always riding the Bull...

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 08:14:57 PM

So after reading some positive reviews on buybitcoin.com, and seeing several interviews with Bruce Wagner on respectable media outlets, I decided to make an order. After receiving a reassuring and very detailed email from Bruce including his banking information, I made a $2,800 purchase. Then, any form of communication went silent. It's been 2 weeks and I have received only one update from his live website support saying my order would be responded to soon- regardless of my repeated attempts to reach him personally. After some additional research it didn't take long to find others have had issues with him and his service, but it seems some of those issues were ultimately resolved. I am trying to determine my best course of action to either recover my initial investment or receive my 100 btc order. Any advice? I was considering asking my attorney (my brother-in-law) to file a small claims suit or a police report- could this work?

I am an investor, entrepreneur, and CEO @BTC Inc http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-bailey/22/641/b53 ...
Bitrated user: davidbtcmedia.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flyguy

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:51:25 PM

I too have been scammed by buybitcoin. I placed an order on March 29th for 10 bitcoins at $900 total.  Paid for 12 hour delivery.  Paid in cash at Bank of America.  Never heard from them about my order.  NUMEROUS emails and calls.

I filed a complaint with NY Attorney General's Office, My local police, FBI and tomorrow I go down to my county court house and file a small claims case.

I HIGHLY recommend anyone else who has been scammed do exactly the same.

I did notice though that his website is now down and only a short message appears saying they are processing orders in the order they were received.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: