Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:07:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin prices could leap to $2000 in 2017?  (Read 8537 times)
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:14:46 AM

That's surprising to me that people are speculating that it could get that high but I suppose it's possible. I won't be buying at these prices because I think it's even more likely that we see some kind of pull back.

if the price reaches 2,000$ do you feel regretful about not buying bitcoin at the price of 1,100$.
I saw the buying power is very strong in the chart and I think it will break 1,100$ in 24 hours later.
That is interesting year of bitcoin.

Of course such a price is possible, could even go higher. But it also could come to a fee-event with impact on the price. That's why I consider Bitcoin as a good but very risky bet right now.

It may possible,but you need to make some different calculation for it, there are many speculation will arise once it touches 2000$. It will happen only when people are keep pumping the coin. Right now many people are not comfortable with the price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:21:06 AM

Today i went through an article published on a website claiming that a report published by a Denmark-based Saxo bank has forecasted the bitcoin price to leap upto 165% or $2000 in 2017 beacause of economic stimulus and aggressive fiscal spendings by Newly elected U.S President Donald Trump. What does you guys think?

If we talk about bitcoin's price and make speculation about that, I think everythings can be happen. There is no absolute formulas to predict the price, even if Trump make an account in bitcointalk.
But yeah, now peoples trust in bitcoin is raising up. And $2000 is really possible.

GOT7

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:26:29 AM

It is well on its way to $2000. Will it get there before an exchange 'hack' is another story. I hope so.
talikila

Activity: 255

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:26:40 AM

Yes, it maybe happens in this year. it seems the world economy is weaker and Trump became an american President.
it will help bitcoin have a good chance to rise up higher especially china's economy.
The Notorious BTC

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:13:07 AM

2000? Sure why not? It can even get to 3000? I don't think it's going to be smooth sailings all the way. Like some people I just think there will be some dips but it won't be like it was before. My random guess is that the floor from now will be 800.
Genemon

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:17:54 AM

2000? Sure why not? It can even get to 3000? I don't think it's going to be smooth sailings all the way. Like some people I just think there will be some dips but it won't be like it was before. My random guess is that the floor from now will be 800.

$3000 could be reached later in the year if the US dollar starts to collapse.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:10:34 AM

i usually don't like getting ahead of myself with speculations like this, but my guess is if the year 2013 is repeated once again the price can go up to ~$3600 easily within a short time with a bubble.
but things are so different than 2013 and price has been rising slowly ever since the last bubble ended.

Buying the dip...
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:26:45 PM

$3000 could be reached later in the year if the US dollar starts to collapse.

Lol bitcoins could be worth $1mil each if the USA gets rid of dollars and uses bitcoins only. What's your point? Are you predicting the collapse of the USD?
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:23:58 PM

i usually don't like getting ahead of myself with speculations like this, but my guess is if the year 2013 is repeated once again the price can go up to ~$3600 easily within a short time with a bubble.
but things are so different than 2013 and price has been rising slowly ever since the last bubble ended.

You can't just assume that the price will reach the same level of percentage growth as was the case in 2013. Back then a lot less coins, and a lot less money was involved. It was much easier to get the price to reach a certain level compared to how things are right now. That being said, it's great that the price went up that quick, but I am sure people add more value to a slower but far more sustainable level of growth. It makes people gain confidence.
Synthian

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:16:56 AM

Today i went through an article published on a website claiming that a report published by a Denmark-based Saxo bank has forecasted the bitcoin price to leap upto 165% or $2000 in 2017 beacause of economic stimulus and aggressive fiscal spendings by Newly elected U.S President Donald Trump. What does you guys think?

Yes, I Think so. But it will must be down at 500$ or lower before it can grow up higher 1,000$ or 1,500$. This fact is belong to chinese people's decision. It's hard to guess their thoughts for bitcoin at this time.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:56:23 AM

Well, I guess now we see where this correction stops to make a more educated guess on how realistic is to go to $2k price in 2017.
As I wrote, it is an overly optimistic view to my understanding, but let's the market decide.

this space is intentionally left blank
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 03:45:43 PM

Well, I guess now we see where this correction stops to make a more educated guess on how realistic is to go to $2k price in 2017.
As I wrote, it is an overly optimistic view to my understanding, but let's the market decide.

i don't find it optimistic, and it actually is realistic. price may not go to $2000 but it will surely go near it, maybe around $1800-1900
and it is not unheard of for bitcoin to go that high. remember last year price was half today's price and the year before that price was 1/5 of the current price. and some day price was $0.01 and so on.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 05:02:13 PM

Bitcoin price surely moves forward by the falling months. The real fact is that the price won't go high as much to the $2000 in a years time as the increase has already took place for the present year and just the fluctuations continues within certain limit. Further by the year end once again the steep increase can be experienced.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 05:33:36 PM

Bitcoin price surely moves forward by the falling months. The real fact is that the price won't go high as much to the $2000 in a years time as the increase has already took place for the present year and just the fluctuations continues within certain limit. Further by the year end once again the steep increase can be experienced.
But I am having totally different view than you. Just today bitcoin prices showed $100 rarlly from $800 to $900 so quickly.

It is predicted that US investors may turn back to alternate investmnets due to weak dollars similar to what Chinese investors done when yuvan showed down fall.

New US government and their policy formation on economy are highly expected to trigger bitcoin price's up surge this time.

deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 11:53:52 PM

It is difficult to know if the price will rise for the next few days, I think the price will remain holding strong in the market, but some drops are possible. However, in a few months from now, there are great chances that the price may rise to higher values than those achieved earlier this year, especially if the events scheduled for this year, fostered by high profile investors and involving different applications, are released as planned.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 02:06:01 PM

In my opinion that forecast most probably will not happen and maybe after the dips and pump that we experience, bitcoin will probably stabilize at a price below 800$ since that's how it always is. That being said, it is most likely that we wont be reaching new all time high soon and the forecast you mentioned op wont come true. If it were to happen though I would be glad and so is everyone and for now all we can do is watch the charts daily.
Umigokath

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:51:03 PM

That's surprising to me that people are speculating that it could get that high but I suppose it's possible. I won't be buying at these prices because I think it's even more likely that we see some kind of pull back.

if the price reaches 2,000$ do you feel regretful about not buying bitcoin at the price of 1,100$.
I saw the buying power is very strong in the chart and I think it will break 1,100$ in 24 hours later.
That is interesting year of bitcoin.

Of course such a price is possible, could even go higher. But it also could come to a fee-event with impact on the price. That's why I consider Bitcoin as a good but very risky bet right now.

Its possible but it will most likely not happen because of the fact that its something that is based on the things that happen on the market.
Carmen_Sandiego

Activity: 399

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:59:04 PM

Yes, I Think so. But it will must be down at 500$ or lower before it can grow up higher 1,000$ or 1,500$. This fact is belong to chinese people's decision. It's hard to guess their thoughts for bitcoin at this time.
It will be very difficult to see Bitcoin in the five hundred dollar range again. I believe that most users, traders and investors are aware that the cost of mining has risen sharply since the last year, especially after the last halving. In addition, there are different events that can boost the price this year. Bitcoin ETFs and possibly improvements in the network itself can bring very positive results to Bitcoin this year.
mundang

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:32:06 AM

Indeed, theres a big possibility that bitcoin could leap to 2000$ price or even higher by this year. Not only by the help of that news but rather more and more companies are accepting bitcoin and investing into it.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:33:36 AM

Indeed, theres a big possibility that bitcoin could leap to 2000$ price or even higher by this year. Not only by the help of that news but rather more and more companies are accepting bitcoin and investing into it.

around one third  of tech companies in the uk have bought some btc just in case they get hit by ransomware
and need to pay ASAP

2000 will certaintly be broken in 2017
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: