Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:48:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Measuring the impact of Bitvisitor  (Read 1225 times)
jade087 (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:06:07 PM

When I was first starting out with BTC I found Bitvisitor was a good way to slowly accumulate BTC (not to mention spam my wallet with transactions that were barely enough to cover tx fees Wink) so, with my new site Metadice (http://metadice.com), I was wondering how effective it would be as a marketing tool... I thought I'd share the results of my experiment.

Firstly the processing step was pretty quick. It seemed to rely on zero-confirmations, and cost me 0.031 BTC for 1000 visitors (I spent 0.062 BTC for 2000 visitors).

Secondly, I found out the hard way that my site was not yet optimised enough for that many visitors Wink some quick terrifying Google and IRC searching later, I had tweaked Apache2's settings correctly, and put learning Nginx on my todo list.

These are the results from Google Analytics:

• Visits: 637; 564 unique (less than the 2000 expected)
  • Page views: 1,176
  • Average visit duration: 1:50 (Bitvisitor requires you to stay on the page for 60 seconds)
  • Pages per visit: 1.85 (not many visitors click past the first page)
  • Returning visitors: 11.3%
  • Countries: US 23.8%, Spain 9.4%, Germany 8.8%, UK 5.8%, Italy 4.6%, Netherlands 3.6%, Canada 3%, New Zealand 3%, Russia 2.7%. I'm sure this is also dependent on the time that I requested the advertising, it was EU daytime.
  • Browser: Chrome 50%, Firefox 40%, Opera 4% (IE 1.4% thank goodness)
  • Mobile browser: Android 72.4%, iOS 27.6%
  • Bets placed: ~5

So I think Bitvisitor is a good way to get a bunch of traffic, although it probably matches BTC demographics closely, most users will just ignore the page content, and very few will actually interact.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: