Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:04:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ Bitcoin mixing services, ways and methods. ★  (Read 3015 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fancyhash (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:13:18 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2017, 04:10:23 PM by fancyhash

Hello, there!

I would like to share my search results for bitcoin mixing ways and methods. And would appreciate if somebody will post in this thread about his experience.
Well, as i understand, there are some ways of mixing bitcoin:

a. Services developed specifically for mixing.

|      DOB    |      Status    |     Name (site)     |     Tor mirror     |  Services  |   Thread   |  Fees
| 14.01.2014 |  AA, Sh     |  Bitmixer.io    | bitmixer2whesjgj.onion  | mixer    | Here      | Min.  0.5% +0.0005 BTC per  address.
| 28.01.2014 |  AA, TO|  Bitblender.io | bitblendervrfkzr.onion  | mixer    | Here      | ~ (1-3%)
| 17.02.2014 |  AA       |  Coins.unitaco.com    | 7vldiz3nsscircit.onion  | mixer+wallet   | Here      | Min 0.3% + 0.0005 BTC per  address
| 13.06.2015 |  AA, Sh     |  Coinmixer.se    | coinmixibh45abn7.onion  | mixer    | Here      | ~ 1-3 % + 0.0004 BTC per  address
| 03.03.2016 |  A, TO|  BitCloak | bitcloak43blmhmn.onion  | mixer    | Here      | ~ 2% +0.0004 BTC per address.
| 24.05.2016 |  AA, Sh     |  [banned mixer]    | cryptomixns23scr.onion  | mixer    | Here      | Min. 0.5% + 0.0005 BTC per  address
| 22.12.2016 |  A, Sh      |  [banned mixer]    | mixermikevpntu2o.onion  | mixer    | Here      | ~ 1% + 0.001 BTC
| N/A   |  A, Sh     |  Darkbit.io   | -- | mixer+wallet    |  N/A   |  0.5%-2%
| N/A   |  A, TO|  Grams Helix   | grams7enufi7jmdl.onion  | mixer    | N/A        | 2.5%
| N/A   |  A, TO|  Pay Shield   | payshld6oxbu5eft.onion  | mixer    | N/A      | ~ 2%

b. Probably scam

|  N/A    |  W       |  Coinmixer.net    | sq33ayc56fxsfxfy.onion  | mixer    | Here      | N/A
|  N/A    |  W       |  Bitcoin Fog   | foggeddriztrcar2.onion| mixer    | Here      | N/A
|  N/A    |  W       |  Bitlaunder.com    | yxku52sygpn7oubv.onion  | mixer    | Here      | N/A
|  N/A    |  W       |  btcmixers.com    |   --  | mixer review    | Here      | N/A

AA - Active forum topic. positive feedbacks.
A -  New forum topic.
Sh -  Service shares client logs to third party. Info
W - probably scam
TO - Tor Only
** It should be understood that any trusted service one day can betray and scam.

Please, suggest more.

2. Online services which can be used for mixing.
This services have to meet certain requirements:
a. Free anonymous registration or no registration at all. No need to be verified to be able to withdraw btc.
b. Free (low fee) bitcoin deposit / withdraw without obligation to use service for the main purpose  
c. Not to be affiliated with governments, various official authorities and etc
d. Have to be popular enought for heavy bitcoin traffic
e. Withdrawing from any address whatever of user deposited into.

Not so easy to find a lot of them. Looking through tons of posts on bittalk, where ppl write about this way of mixing only few of them name sites suitable for this.

|     Site           |    Type    |  Value      |  Fees  and Limits   |   Extra tool  
| Btc-e.com       | Exchanger | High| withdrawal 0.001 BTC | email
| Bustabit.com  | Game| Low| withdrawal 0.0003 BTC     |  
| Exmo.com      | Exchanger | Mid| withdrawal 0.0001 BTC  | email
| Yobit.net      | Exchanger | Mid| withdrawal 0.0005 BTC  | email

Please, suggest more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:23:03 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2016, 09:54:38 PM by eckmar

What you mention under 1 is fine, i use bitmixer.io and its good but 2 i don't really get. If someone is looking for bitcoin i think it's possible to trace them to your address on 2. If you have government looking for you/your bitcoin they can just ask Bustabit (your example) for their database and they will give you up easily
fancyhash (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:50:06 PM

What you mention under 1 is fine, i use bitmixer.io and its good but 2 i don't really get. If someone is looking for bitcoin i think it's possible to trace them to your address on 2. If you have government looking for you/your bitcoin they can just ask Bustabit (your example) for their database and they will give you up easily

Bro, can you kindly please delete over quoting of my post?
As for your questions, in my opinion, both ways have advantages and disadvantages. And using "second way" is quite possible.
Briefly,  at first , to "just ask Bustabit (my example) for their database " you need to know that  address belongs to them.
In the second, bustabit (in example) do not have to rush with answers, i think.
In the third, bitmixer (your example) may answer to some/all governments too, who knows.
Everyone thinks and chooses what suits him.
I'm just trying to bring together variants.

eckmar
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:57:01 PM

Bro, can you kindly please delete over quoting of my post?
As for your questions, in my opinion, both ways have advantages and disadvantages. And using "second way" is quite possible.
Briefly,  at first , to "just ask Bustabit (my example) for their database " you need to know that  address belongs to them.
In the second, bustabit (in example) do not have to rush with answers, i think.
In the third, bitmixer (your example) may answer to some/all governments too, who knows.
Everyone thinks and chooses what suits him.
I'm just trying to bring together variants.

It's easy to find out who is the owener of the address. There is a difference. Bustabit will keep their records forever and bitmixer (since we are talking about that two) claims they delete their records after 24 hours. They are long into game and provide TOR mirror to the website so I think they are trusted (not promoting them, just taking them as an example).

Anyway thanks for creating the topic, it's interesting one, looking forward for other people opinions and experiences
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 10434

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 05:49:30 AM

1) i'd put bitmixer on top of them all because it is the oldest mixing service around (started in 2014-1-10 on the forum)

2) any online exchange or gambling site can be used for this as long as they are legit places and you are comfortable with using them. and the only benefit is that this method is super cheap but the downside is that they will keep logs. so it is only good for regular people who don't mind that.

3) this method is a bit complicated and i have never personally done it but it is done using a second coin (Monero) you change bitcoin to XMR and this altcoin offers anonymity and then (there may be an step here) you change it back to bitcoin. you can use shapeshift or any exchange for this.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
fancyhash (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:11:43 AM

1) i'd put bitmixer on top of them all because it is the oldest mixing service around (started in 2014-1-10 on the forum)

2) any online exchange or gambling site can be used for this as long as they are legit places and you are comfortable with using them. and the only benefit is that this method is super cheap but the downside is that they will keep logs. so it is only good for regular people who don't mind that.

3) this method is a bit complicated and i have never personally done it but it is done using a second coin (Monero) you change bitcoin to XMR and this altcoin offers anonymity and then (there may be an step here) you change it back to bitcoin. you can use shapeshift or any exchange for this.

1. The table is in alphabetical order, and, in general, the question which service is the best and was opened earlier is highly controversial.

2. At first glance, it seems so. However, I would like someone to share a real experience with concrete examples. The devil is in the details, as you know. After registration some sites may require the scans of documents or check the phone number. Some of them can do something similar when smb withdraws their money. Others may delay the payment for a long time. And it does not suit to us. In addition, I would say just the opposite - the less legitimate site is the more suitable for the mix it is, I mean that there are low chances that site will share logs or has logs at all. i.e the less the site is legitimate, the more it will be similar to the site of the first group.

3. Yes. Mix through altcoins is a third way, which I had not organize and describe here yet. (I am engaged in this now). This way has some advantages (my thoughts about them I will write later) and a some minuses. One of them is that this way is, in fact, too complicated and you need to press "a lot of buttons."
In your case, you must register monero purse. Load btc to exchanger. Exchange btc to monero and then move them back into Bitcoin. As for the fees, they are quite acceptable. I looked through the shapeshift
Instant Rate 1 BTC = 96.4909903 XMR
Instant Rate 1 XMR = 0.01020749 BTC
Miner Fee: 0.02 XMR
That is for 1 btc the output we get: 0.9849. So the commission will be 1.5%. It`s acceptable, isn`t it? However, the extremely small size of the market spoils everything.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:20:52 PM

3. Yes. Mix through altcoins is a third way, which I had not organize and describe here yet. (I am engaged in this now). This way has some advantages (my thoughts about them I will write later) and a some minuses. One of them is that this way is, in fact, too complicated and you need to press "a lot of buttons."
In your case, you must register monero purse. Load btc to exchanger. Exchange btc to monero and then move them back into Bitcoin. As for the fees, they are quite acceptable. I looked through the shapeshift
That is for 1 btc the output we get: 0.9849. So the commission will be 1.5%. It`s acceptable, isn`t it? However, the extremely small size of the market spoils everything.

Good calculation, yes 1.5% is acceptable and also i don't think market size is small for monero if you don't want to mix 100s of bitcoin in one attempt. Shapeshift seems to have max 1.96115039 BTC in bitcoin to monero direction so it will be enough to mix <1BTC.

Gambling sites will not provide reliable mixing and the bitcoin you may receive from them can have some taints.
In addition, I would say just the opposite - the less legitimate site is the more suitable for the mix it is, I mean that there are low chances that site will share logs or has logs at all. i.e the less the site is legitimate, the more it will be similar to the site of the first group.
True, but using less legitimate site increases risk of lossing all you have deposited there because even if they run away or doesn't allow you to withdraw there will be no place to complain about them.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1841

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:45:19 PM

Great topic, but I would like to hear more about mixers on the clearnet.

I have used bitmixer.io many times, and am very happy with their service.

Back in the past (say two years ago or so), I had used blockchain.info's version (like a coinjoin I believe), but apparently they no longer offer the service (I read one report that it got hacked somehow).
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 10434

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:52:14 AM

1. The table is in alphabetical order, and, in general, the question which service is the best and was opened earlier is highly controversial.
even better Smiley

2. At first glance, it seems so. However, I would like someone to share a real experience with concrete examples. The devil is in the details, as you know. After registration some sites may require the scans of documents or check the phone number. Some of them can do something similar when smb withdraws their money. Others may delay the payment for a long time. And it does not suit to us. In addition, I would say just the opposite - the less legitimate site is the more suitable for the mix it is, I mean that there are low chances that site will share logs or has logs at all. i.e the less the site is legitimate, the more it will be similar to the site of the first group.

- all sites (services) keep logs such as your IP addresses, your deposits, withdrawals (the transaction IDs) because they use them for many purposes like for example if you wanted to recover your account if you lose your password.
- using these services to mix coins means you only want "public" to not know about your other addresses but the site you use and in case the law can find out about it easily.
- as for documents i know btc-e doesn't ask for any, i also use bittrex and they never asked me for documents but i think for very large volumes they ask for it. and they are both legit places and never hold bitcoin hostage Smiley

not just any altcoin i said Monero because it has anonymity. any other altcoin for example LTC is going to be same as bitcoin.
the advantage is that you don't use a third party and can be sure there is no one to keep logs. but this is generally like the last step and the most fool proof method for some advanced mixing stuff and only suitable for those who want some extra advanced way and accept the complications that come with it.

although prices are pretty volatile right now but here are the calculations:
                        bittrex              shapeshift.io
Exchange: 1 BTC = 97.7             96.75
Miners fee: 0.1 XMR                    0.02

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
thebatletbet

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 06:14:13 AM

bitmixer.io and cryptomixer io , the best bitcoin mixing service
in there low fee, very reputable and trusted with very high volume transaction
and much people use service in there
Wuju-a

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 11:06:52 AM

In addition, I would say just the opposite - the less legitimate site is the more suitable for the mix it is, I mean that there are low chances that site will share logs or has logs at all. i.e the less the site is legitimate, the more it will be similar to the site of the first group.
True, but using less legitimate site increases risk of lossing all you have deposited there because even if they run away or doesn't allow you to withdraw there will be no place to complain about them.

mobnepal,
If you tremble at the thought of something ilegal then you definitely should avoid using bitcoin mixer sites. All this sites have nothing with legitimacy and reliability which you are talking about. Those who use such services should divide amounts into small parts, and exchange one by one. 
Btw, If the site, which you are advertising, will disappear with some amount of bitcoin, the only one who can be found and captured from this organized criminal group - will be you, i guess. But your revenues from this adv, which will be collected from you in such case, unlikely to cover the losses  Grin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 11:11:42 AM

I think OP should make it more research, means separate the list between trust and bad one.
I'm too skeptic using stranger service, especially mixing service, but since I see bitmixer I have no doubt with their service.

I found one, bitcoin fog: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50037.0 but looks like this service is have red flag.
If OP just want listing service, better to make separate category.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 11:15:14 AM

You may want to include the min. btc that a mixer will accept for every forward address like in cryptomixer, the minimum is only 0.001 btc. I haven't tried other mixers so I'm not sure what's their minimum.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 11:25:19 AM

I just want add bitcoins mixer that can not be trusted so becareful with this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1695257.msg17008739#msg17008739
don't use it, they are just copycat of [banned mixer] and always use bitcoin mixing which can be trusted.
cbIpok

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 03:12:18 PM

OP, please include our mixing service in list .
unitaco.com: Exch. BTC, BTC-e, WM, SEPA / BTC Wallet BTC Mixer / Escrow Service
mixer site : coins.unitaco.com
our topic  : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470693.0    started at : February 17, 2014
eckmar
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:24:59 PM

You may want to include the min. btc that a mixer will accept for every forward address like in cryptomixer, the minimum is only 0.001 btc. I haven't tried other mixers so I'm not sure what's their minimum.

I don't really think that is necessary because no one is really going to bother, pay fees, lose time in order to mix amounts that low.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 03:51:17 AM

our topic  : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470693.0    started at : February 17, 2014
I never heard about this bitcoins mixing services, it is first time i know about it and i think the other users are unknowing it too,  Huh
I'll check it and learning about it.
No offense, i am doubt about new services especially bitcoin mixing services due to there was bitcoin mixing services tried scam the users.
cbIpok

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 12:06:58 PM

I never heard about this bitcoins mixing services, it is first time i know about it and i think the other users are unknowing it too,  Huh
I'll check it and learning about it.
No offense, i am doubt about new services especially bitcoin mixing services due to there was bitcoin mixing services tried scam the users.

Hello. There's a first time for everything. )
Our service presented here since 2014 .
In any case, I'm here to answer all questions about our service, if any. Also you can read our thread and ask questions there.
As for me, i think that the vast majority of real clients of mixing services will never share places where they mix coins. They will do it only if something goes wrong .
fancyhash (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 07:03:41 PM

I think OP should make it more research, means separate the list between trust and bad one.

Thanks. Done

Thanks. Done

fancyhash (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 05:08:25 PM

- all sites (services) keep logs such as your IP addresses, your deposits, withdrawals (the transaction IDs) because they use them for many purposes like for example if you wanted to recover your account if you lose your password.
- using these services to mix coins means you only want "public" to not know about your other addresses but the site you use and in case the law can find out about it easily.
- as for documents i know btc-e doesn't ask for any, i also use bittrex and they never asked me for documents but i think for very large volumes they ask for it. and they are both legit places and never hold bitcoin hostage Smiley

Let's compare some usage aspects of the services from the first and second group. (groups from my first post in this topic)
1. Technically speaking, the results achieved are completely the same - Payment goes to the address A, Payment is received from the address B not associated with the first. This fact can be easily verified. (When using the services of the second group, in rare cases, the desired result may not be achieved from the first exchange. However, it is easily achieved by repeating the operation).
2. After the exchange (mix), the user activity log is an obvious possibility of reliably restoring the connection between addresses A and B.
I agree with you that all sites that are suitable for the mix (exchangers, gaming sites and other similar sites) are likely to keep logs. It is also most likely that mix services keep logs. They may have different reasons of keeping logs. Some may be keeping logs "just in case", while others may be doing to be able to thoroughly deal with issues when the need arises, for example, when the service is hacked. An extreme option in this sense can be the mixer, which is created by intelligence agencies to gather information. So I would proceed on the basis that there is a log in either case. Another issue is understanding to what extent is the log accessible to interested parties. I would have divided interested parties into two categories: law enforcement agencies and others.
For the "others" category, logs will be equally inaccessible in a case where a special mixer and a site from the second group are used.
For the law enforcement agencies logs will be accessible in a case of using "second group sites" and will be unreachable in case of a special mixer (if mixer is not honeypot). Thus, we can conclude:
If you wish to hide from police etc -  you'd better use special mixer. In other cases, sites from second group may fit your needs.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: