Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 04:33:44 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin address changes  (Read 304 times)
pkk2000

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:41:26 PM

I know my wallet addresses will change when I send money from one of my addresses.
Will my wallet update the new address automatic and will all the money I had on the previous address move to the new address?

Will my address change when I rechive money to?
Transactions can optionally carry transaction fees. Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get the fee. The Bitcoin client will sometimes force you to pay a fee when it thinks that no miner will accept your transaction otherwise.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
jfhoff

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:31:18 AM

Address change is not automatic in all bitcoin clients (but it is advised that you create a new address for each transaction, for anonymity's sake). However, some clients do automatically create new addresses: Armory and Mt. Gox, for example. Bitcoin QT creates a pool of 100 (default value) addresses at startup, so that your backup will contain the first 100 transaction addresses. Make sure you back up more frequently than this.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 1988

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:36:45 AM

I know my wallet addresses will change when I send money from one of my addresses.
Will my wallet update the new address automatic and will all the money I had on the previous address move to the new address?

Will my address change when I rechive money to?

Going to need more information to get you an accurate answer.

Most importantly:

What wallet/client are you using?

Assuming that you are using Bitcoin-Qt, I suggest you search for some posts that discuss transaction "change" to better understand what is happening.  If I have time later, I'll find one of my old posts on it and link to the post here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.