Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:56:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another newly made account speaking.  (Read 628 times)
Ishikawa (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:01:44 AM

Hello Guys, just jumping on the bandwagon along with all the other new people around here.

Didn't know about the restrictions before joining, but i find myself quite liking the system considering how many trolls and scammers are usually found floating around the net. Although admittedly this system probably won't stop scammers from getting in. They usually are quite persistent.

Well i can't really contribute too much, just looking forward to starting my little mining experiment, which is probably going to take at least until November/December. I ordered a Jaly from BFL and yes i know this expectation is way to optimistic considering  the track record of BFL, but hey a guy can dream, right. Wink

Before people comment on my naivety i would even be fine to mine with 80,000,000 difficulty by then, which was my pessimistic estimation while doing pre-purchase calculations.

At least i get to play with my shiny new raspberry pi model b by the end of the week/beginning of next week. Grin
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tacoman71

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:10:10 PM

Hello there! If you just ordered a Jally, I would just get a refund on it right now and wait until August 10th when xcrowd is going to open preorders for their miners which are probably going to ship before BFL clears it's backlog of orders. The xcrowd Arsia if 15 Gh/s for only $219. They are going to use escrow too so if they are a scam or they pull a BFL, you can get your money back easier.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
simple-dice

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:24:51 PM

Hey, I'm new too.  Seems pretty cool so far.
tgerring

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

Hive/Ethereum

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 11:00:54 PM

Trying to answer some questions to get out of newbie jail, but the forum is full of spam

Hive, a beautiful wallet for Mac OS X, now available for testing. Follow the story here.
BitcoinKit.framework and Tor.framework, now available to iOS and Mac OS X developers
Tweeting at @hivewallet. Donations appreciated at 142m1MpXHhymF4aASiWwYohe1Y55v5BQwc
davmp

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:32:05 AM

The xcrowd Arsia if 15 Gh/s for only $219. They are going to use escrow too so if they are a scam or they pull a BFL, you can get your money back easier.

Link please?  Google has no hits for "xcrowd arsia"
leancuisine

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 12:40:26 AM

"xcrowd" was the second Google search result for me. Cheesy

www.xcrowd.co.uk

Also they state a 30% deposit, so do we deposit 30%, or do we deposit 70% and pay 30% once we receive it?  Huh

JoeColombo

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:30:36 AM

welcome noob  Tongue
Twilight_Sparkle

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:42:29 AM

Hey there. Pre-ordered something from BFL huh? Hope you get it within two years.  Wink

1H8gQ7KEN65pbdtusg28NQ33YWFBPgWAf1
Ishikawa (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:09:45 AM

Hello there! If you just ordered a Jally, I would just get a refund on it right now and wait until August 10th when xcrowd is going to open preorders for their miners which are probably going to ship before BFL clears it's backlog of orders. The xcrowd Arsia if 15 Gh/s for only $219. They are going to use escrow too so if they are a scam or they pull a BFL, you can get your money back easier.

I'll look into it xcrowd sure sounds interesting but the website is lacking a lot of mandatory information so i'm not to comfortable with the lack of information until now.

Hey there. Pre-ordered something from BFL huh? Hope you get it within two years.  Wink

Me too Wink

On other news, my raspberry pi has arrived, this thing works incredible easy, i expected some tinkering to get it to work, but it is so ridiculously easy to setup and it boots ultra fast, really cool.
tacoman71

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:24:25 PM

On other news, my raspberry pi has arrived, this thing works incredible easy, i expected some tinkering to get it to work, but it is so ridiculously easy to setup and it boots ultra fast, really cool.
Is it really that easy? I was put off by it because to set up piminer the only way to communicate with the pi OS is to use a terminal, which I find off-putting. I know how to use linux based OSs but to me I'll just buy a cheap netbook as a host.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
BTCBOB

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:29:32 PM

Hey hows it going.
Took me a while to figure out how this site works and was wondering why i could access some things haha
stonerdyke

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:35:49 PM

Good luck with the mining fellow newbie, I'd love to start mining myself but the price of equipment is putting me off for now... in other words im broke atm...  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: