Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:53:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I wish to speak to the owners of...  (Read 657 times)
lovenlifelarge (OP)

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:24:41 PM

http://theorb.biz/ = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157341.msg1678305 (Bad attitude)

http://www.bitcoincrown.com/ = I only had one fault so far but still waiting for an email reply

http://bitcoingem.com/ = Played won/lost enjoyed, Game worked well.

http://bitbears.com/ = The one with the biggest odds, Haven't played yet

http://bitcoingoldbar.com/ = Played on Friday night, Emailed owner got a refund straight away but no email repsonse.

These are all bitcoin gambling sites & as such losing your hard earned bitcoins should not be surprising unless on probably about 75% of attempts to play the script doesnt work, The blockchain api is down, etc etc..

As i've said before, I'm just a lonely miner with less than 500mhz on the network so mining coins is hard enough without losing them to someone stealing / & / or refusing refunds.

I'm going to take a wild swing in the dark here & say that all these sites have been made by one person & they will continue making more of them as more & more people have trouble with the script, who start turning to places like this to slag off his or her pages for not working.

Owners of these webpages please step forward & have a fair & open discussion with the bitcoin community about what problems your sites are having (If any) What your doing to rectify the problems & how people go about contacting you when something goes wrong??

Bitcoin Crown? I'm still waiting for a reply to my emails..

bitcoingoldbar? Thanks for the prompt refund but a quick email response with a short explaination would have been nice??

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
the_crown

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 10:03:20 PM

hey, as I wrote in the email I just sent you, I assume that bitcoingoldbar and bitbears are run by the same guy (by sheer design alone), however I definitely only run the crown.

I wrote on the website that I do refunds once a day and today, this is right now. Your faulty transaction happened 14 hours ago, when I was asleep and then at work. I'm sorry this is taking so long but until now everyone has been refunded no matter what happened, if it had to out of my own pocket.

As you can see, with the crown, most of the winnings go back as a refund to the last man standing, and the rest goes into advertising so that there are actually people playing. Since your transaction is actually somewhere lost in the blockchain API and I will have to wait a few days to receive it, your refund I am sending right now is still out of my own pocket in advance and higher in amount than what the site has earned so far (actually with server costs it's still in the red numbers).

I guess I am not as fast at giving refunds as some of the other site owners, but I just wanted to point out that everything has been refunded in less than 36 hours until now and that I do only run that one site.
the_crown

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 10:46:20 PM

Owners of these webpages please step forward & have a fair & open discussion with the bitcoin community about what problems your sites are having (If any) What your doing to rectify the problems & how people go about contacting you when something goes wrong??

The problems these sites have are twofold:

1) double buys. it is obvious that once an item resets, people (and bots) will spam the servers with refreshes until it is buyable again. while the server is already under load from this, when it finally happens the chances that more than one person receives a sending address is not too small. However, only one person actually receives the item, usually the fastest. These have to be manually refunded.

2) blockchain API fallout. these are annoying since they can create the weirdest bugs. Most of the time, when a special payment address is created for the person that buys the item, the coins can get stuck in some kind of limbo between that freshly created address and the actual wallet address. they often stay there for more than 24 hours. Over the last few days it happened rather often and I had lots and lots of manual refunds to do. I hope that this is just a temporal phase and the blockchain API will become more reliable...

What I'm doing against it is double checking all transactions at least once a day. If it's a free day I will check more often and find emails instantly, if not, I might receive the email but be in a position where I can only refund once back at the computer again.

Until now, every e-mail I received has been met with a response, no macros or copypasta. Most refunds happen without any contact since only a fraction of the people experiencing problems write an email before I find it. Additionally, refunds usually contain a public description in the transaction.
btcminer021

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Mine hard!

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:41:42 PM

Sites all have the same layout and logic behind them. I can tell after 15 seconds. Either different developers ripped off the CSS (and code) or someone runs them all. The math is terribly incorrect and is an old pyramid scheme. Why would you participate?

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
the_crown

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 01:41:27 AM

or they all got it from

-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=143324.0
lovenlifelarge (OP)

Activity: 676

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:27:16 AM

Bitcoin Crown

Thanks for your quick, No fuss reply & refund. Much appreciated.

Now to wait to see if the owners of the other sites step up to the plate...

Most annoying of all, Stupid blockchain api errors!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
the_crown

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 12:11:13 PM

no worries! the only serious problem I see with the bitcoin API errors is that if one day there is a really long fallout and the bitcoin chain site owner does not notice it in time, the item will expire and the last man standing was basically "scammed". If the site owner does not react in time by increasing the expiration timer to a few more days, the game would start over automatically and lots of players would jump at the new round in a frenzy. The admin would then have to try to do a rollback just after the next reset, or something like that.

Luckily the API has never been down for such a long time yet.
tutkarz

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:15:42 AM

If you are not happy with other sites try btctreasure.com We always are trying to quickly respond to player questions sent by email and had to refund only once when we were starting. We also have lowest starting price so anybody can afford it, no random reset and highest profit for players who wont sell their item during 24hours. New round should start soon so give it a try Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: