Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:37:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I believe buying a Swiss watch is a positive proof of stupidity  (Read 1521 times)
chachaa

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:31:31 AM

American Chinese or English watches are way better, more reliable, and offer more value for the same pricing. Let's put this industry down worldwide. Any buying to a Swiss company or corporation is a proof of stupidity or lack of options Smiley

I like my $5 watch and it does it job as well as any other expensive watch so I don't check if it is an american or english watch, all what I need is to work good and have a good design which I like, others are less important. Swiss watches are known for precision and are strong.
I do that enough hours in the smartphone, but it does not say that Swiss watches have lost their relevance. Performance is also inferior to electronic, but as an attribute they have no equal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 12:27:08 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2016, 12:40:47 AM by n691309

American Chinese or English watches are way better, more reliable, and offer more value for the same pricing. Let's put this industry down worldwide. Any buying to a Swiss company or corporation is a proof of stupidity or lack of options Smiley

I like my $5 watch and it does it job as well as any other expensive watch so I don't check if it is an american or english watch, all what I need is to work good and have a good design which I like, others are less important. Swiss watches are known for precision and are strong.
I do that enough hours in the smartphone, but it does not say that Swiss watches have lost their relevance. Performance is also inferior to electronic, but as an attribute they have no equal.

I prefer the simplicity so even the bosses in the Mercedes S class have an analog watch instead of these digital/electronic ones. Some people like to buy expensive things so I don't prefer to spend lots of money on watches.
googie4

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 04:07:57 AM

I believe walking around with such an expensive watch is a form of naivety.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:54:18 AM

I think you do not buy that kind of watch for time measuring.
You buy that kind of watch for the feeling that comes along with it.
It as a status symbol, you want other people to recognize you as a guy with wealth and taste.
And for yourself it is a confirmation that you actually have achieved something in live, because you can spend a certain amount of money for an unnecessary thing.

It's me!!!
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 10:30:25 AM

I believe walking around with such an expensive watch is a form of naivety.

Not if they carry a rifle with them to protect that watch.
btvlGainer

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 12:27:59 PM

I prefer the simplicity so even the bosses in the Mercedes S class have an analog watch instead of these digital/electronic ones. Some people like to buy expensive things so I don't prefer to spend lots of money on watches.
Analog clock always show the status. Have you ever seen a status of the electronic watch? In Vogue is the concept of a classic. It is always current. A Swiss watch is a classic.
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 04:28:19 PM

I can totally understand the mindset of people who buy expensive swiss watches (although I personally would never spend multiple thousands on a watch). It's similar to women buying jewellery, a millionare woman would happily spend $20,000 on a ring or necklace; complex, beautiful mechanical watches that are precision engineered and limited edition have the same appeal for millionaire men.

I have a thing for G-Shock watches - I like how their priority is being a tool over a piece of art/jewellery, but they still look cool as fuck on your wrist. Yeah they may be mainly constructed of mostly resin and plastic, and are quartz powered (but if it has remote control to atomic clock signals, like my GWA-1100 does, then it's perpetually accurate to less than a second.)

My two favourites that I wear ATM are my GWA-1100 (Radio controlled, inbuilt compass, world time, stopwatch, timer, alarm etc. And it's all analog which I love), I got a good deal on that at £250:

And my Limited Edition GD-X6900 Casio x Maharishi "Lunar Bonsai" - it's got Moon camo bitches!!!  Shocked:

I have a bunch of G-Shocks for sale, mostly older digital ones but I'd be willing to part with the above GD-X6900 MH-2 for a fair price - it's probably worth around £200 but I'd let it go for less with payment in BTC or XMR.

Check my G-Shock sales thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1610064.msg16169552#msg16169552
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: