Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:40:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitlaunder.com poor service and poor customer support  (Read 4222 times)
pissedatbitlaunder (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:32:54 PM

All should beware of this website and service.  It promises a service but ends up losing your bitcoins and then you have to fight like hell just to get them to answer you.

Here is my experience:

I opened an account.  Simple enough.....  I then transferred a few bitcoins, approximately $300.00 worth at that time.  A couple of days later, I went to check on my bitcoins to make sure they had been deposited.  I could not sign in.  I emailed support on the 2nd of Jan., and I was not contacted until the 24th of Jan.  Once Michael Moriarty finally emailed me, after the 24-48 hours promised had passed by WEEKS, we began a back and forth email chain with him telling me there was nothing wrong with my account and I should be able to sign in with no problems.  After a few more back and forth emails with me still not able to access my account, he emailed my the login credentials.  All the credentials were the same as when I had set up my account with exception of my PASSWORD.  Once I signed in, I noticed that my bitcoins were still NOT in my account, but did notice that my wallet number at that point was different than what I was issued upon opening my account.  Once again, I emailed Mr. Moriarty and when he replied he said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my account.  I then logged back in and mysteriously, my bitcoins were there.  I surmised that he simply deposited my bitcoins as somehow they were lost in translation.  I wanted to believe that this was simply a slight hiccup in the process, an anomaly of sorts.  I needed to go ahead and have my bitcoins washed since I was needing to make a time sensitive purchase with them that was VERY VERY VERY important. So, I completed the form on the bitlaunder.com website to have this completed in the timeframe I needed.  I had plenty of time to be able to receive the wash coins and make my purchase.  I entered the wallet number correctly, triple checking for accuracy, that I wanted the coins deposited to.  Several days later, my coins were not in my wallet.  I received email confirmation, and even the status in my account shows that the launder was completed however, no coins are in the wallet I requested them sent to and my balance in the origination wallet is ZERO!!!!  I directly emailed Michael Moriarty, as I have his direct email since the first issue, on the 3rd of Feb, with no response, I emailed him again on 2/4 with no response, on 2/5 I emailed the support email address with no response, and emailed support again on 2/6 with no response.  The 24-48hrs has once again passed.  In the last email I sent I asked for all of my bitcoins back in the amount of my original deposit.  I do not feel this is unreasonable since they have not provided the service promised on the timeline promised, or responded timely to my inquiries, as well as the fact that their less than effective process cost my the purchase I was going to make.

I do not want to go as far to say that this is a scammer site....yet.  But anyone thinking of using this site's service would do well to consider my experience before entrusting any amount of bitcoins to this site.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:53:01 PM

All should beware of this website and service.  It promises a service but ends up losing your bitcoins and then you have to fight like hell just to get them to answer you.

Here is my experience:

I opened an account.  Simple enough.....  I then transferred a few bitcoins, approximately $300.00 worth at that time.  A couple of days later, I went to check on my bitcoins to make sure they had been deposited.  I could not sign in.  I emailed support on the 2nd of Jan., and I was not contacted until the 24th of Jan.  Once Michael Moriarty finally emailed me, after the 24-48 hours promised had passed by WEEKS, we began a back and forth email chain with him telling me there was nothing wrong with my account and I should be able to sign in with no problems.  After a few more back and forth emails with me still not able to access my account, he emailed my the login credentials.  All the credentials were the same as when I had set up my account with exception of my PASSWORD.  Once I signed in, I noticed that my bitcoins were still NOT in my account, but did notice that my wallet number at that point was different than what I was issued upon opening my account.  Once again, I emailed Mr. Moriarty and when he replied he said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my account.  I then logged back in and mysteriously, my bitcoins were there.  I surmised that he simply deposited my bitcoins as somehow they were lost in translation.  I wanted to believe that this was simply a slight hiccup in the process, an anomaly of sorts.  I needed to go ahead and have my bitcoins washed since I was needing to make a time sensitive purchase with them that was VERY VERY VERY important. So, I completed the form on the bitlaunder.com website to have this completed in the timeframe I needed.  I had plenty of time to be able to receive the wash coins and make my purchase.  I entered the wallet number correctly, triple checking for accuracy, that I wanted the coins deposited to.  Several days later, my coins were not in my wallet.  I received email confirmation, and even the status in my account shows that the launder was completed however, no coins are in the wallet I requested them sent to and my balance in the origination wallet is ZERO!!!!  I directly emailed Michael Moriarty, as I have his direct email since the first issue, on the 3rd of Feb, with no response, I emailed him again on 2/4 with no response, on 2/5 I emailed the support email address with no response, and emailed support again on 2/6 with no response.  The 24-48hrs has once again passed.  In the last email I sent I asked for all of my bitcoins back in the amount of my original deposit.  I do not feel this is unreasonable since they have not provided the service promised on the timeline promised, or responded timely to my inquiries, as well as the fact that their less than effective process cost my the purchase I was going to make.

I do not want to go as far to say that this is a scammer site....yet.  But anyone thinking of using this site's service would do well to consider my experience before entrusting any amount of bitcoins to this site.

Thanks for the heads up.
pissedatbitlaunder (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:53:44 PM

I will periodically update on this ongoing issue.

Since posting, no contact from the site owner or their support has been attempted.

It is very frustrating companies like these.  If not for stuff like this, bitcoin would not face so much criticism and reluctance to accept as a form of payment.
pissedatbitlaunder (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:54:08 PM

***UPDATE***

I was able to get the owner of bitlaunder.com to respond to an email.  It was an email I setup that was completely autonomous from any email or user name that I was using.  That's what it took just to get him to respond.  We had a couple of back and forth emails in which he told me that he needed me to tell him what the problem was.  I then told him if he would read his emails over the last week, he would know precisely what the issue is.  He responded saying I was absurd.....blood is boiling at this point as you can imagine!!!  I responded by telling him his service and customer service is what's absurd.  I responded and gave him my user name and a description of the issue and I have not heard anything since.

I was actually hoping that he was gonna stand up and do the right thing.....so far, not so much.

Will keep all posted.
MegaHustlr

Activity: 601
Merit: 500

Vote 4fryn :)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:06:34 PM

More people need to know about this before it could be too late.

▄  ▀▄▄   ▀▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▄
             ▀█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████ ▄
         ▀████▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀███▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▀      ██▀▀     ▄██▀▀▀   █     ██
██    ▀█  ▄█▀▀▀▄  ▀█   ▄█▀   ▄▄▄ ▀██  █▀▀▄▀▄

▀▀▀   ▐█ █▌    ▐▌  █  ▐█ ▄█▀▀   █ █  ▄▀ ▄█ ▌
      ▐▌ ▀█ ▄▀▄█  █▀  █  █      ▐▌ █▀ █    ▀▄
      █     ▄█▀  ▀▀▀▀▄█  ▀█▄▄▀ ▄▀  █▄ █  ██ ▐▌
     █   ▄███▄▄███▄▄▄▄       ▄█▄▄▄▄ █▄    ▀  █ ▄
   ▄█▀▀▀▀     █▀      █   ▄█▀▀███    ▀▀▄▄   ▄██
  ▐█         ▐▌       ▐▌▄▀     ██        ▀███ ▐█
  █           ▀▄      ▐█▀       ▀█           ▀▀
  █▄           ██     ██         ██▄
   █▀            ▀     ▀          ▀█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄██▄▄                ▄▄██▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▌
█████▀                  ▀█████▌
████    ███▄      ▄███    ████▌
████   ▐████      ████▌   ████
 ███    ▀██▀      ▀██▀    ███▀
  ▀██▄                  ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
pissedatbitlaunder (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:16:31 PM

Doing everything I can to get the issue exposure.

Anything you can do to help would be appreciated.
GAML

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:05:33 PM

Do you know what really concerns me about this.  He emailed you with YOUR log in credentials including the password?  On a secure site not even the owners should be able to see your password.  Sounds like scam to me.  And the name Bitlaunder?  Moneylaunder more like it.

GAML

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:09:35 PM

Doing everything I can to get the issue exposure.

Anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

http://whois.domaintools.com/bitlaunder.com  - Registrant is the UK2 Group - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK2_Group

What country do you live in?  Worth speaking to the police?

pissedatbitlaunder (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:01:24 PM

I still have not been contacted by this website owner since having posted my last update.

I am hoping some of my fellow forum friends will assist. Since this guy is still attempting to pass himself off as a legit website, I would ask that everyone that reads this email him directly.  Perhaps if his email is bombarded with in coming emails he will do the right thing just to get the heat off of him.

moriarty.bitcoin@gmail.com

please send emails to the email address.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:18:27 PM

I've seen a lot of these sites turn out to be scams. Have you had a look in the scam accusation forum?
pissedatbitlaunder (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:46:01 PM

Im posted in there too bro.  Im trying to get every bit of exposure I can to this site.
pissedatbitlaunder (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:36:18 PM

***UPDATE***

I have what may prove to be an interesting development with this SCAMMER.

This site, when you try to login, has "Website is temporarily down for maintenance." posted.  Has been that way all day long.

I have also sent a few more emails to him but, of course, no response.

his email is moriarty.bitcoin@gmail.com

Please assist me in bombarding his email with inquiries.  Lets either make him do the right thing or go out of business.

bitlaunder.com should give me back my coins and any other coins they stole.
pissedatbitlaunder (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:11:26 PM

***UPDATE***

Mr. Moriarty just got in touch with me. 

I have to say that he is in the process of making things right with me.  He owed me .3234 BTC.  After a couple of back and forth emails, we agreed to the following.  I would remove the negative rating and he would deposit .20 BTC in my account.  Which he has done.  Further, once I update the posts I have made and let folks know the outcome, he will then release the balance of .1234 BTC to me.

After having talked with Mr. Moriarty, I was informed that somehow my account was hacked.  He does seem to be quite busy working to contain the situation.  The fact that he is reimbursing me out of his own pocket, in my opinion, does speak volumes to this man's character.

Bitlaunder.com seems to be making the effort to correct things.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:21:05 AM

***UPDATE***

I have to say that he is in the process of making things right with me.  He owed me .3234 BTC.  After a couple of back and forth emails, we agreed to the following.  I would remove the negative rating and he would deposit .20 BTC in my account.  Which he has done.  Further, once I update the posts I have made and let folks know the outcome, he will then release the balance of .1234 BTC to me.

After having talked with Mr. Moriarty, I was informed that somehow my account was hacked.  He does seem to be quite busy working to contain the situation.  The fact that he is reimbursing me out of his own pocket, in my opinion, does speak volumes to this man's character.

Is the whole problem solved now?  Huh
Ritual

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:03:31 PM

***UPDATE***

Is the whole problem solved now?  Huh

Apparently now he's Moriarty's greatest fan. Check out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=459085.msg5066586#msg5066586

Some u-turn.

I'm gonna assume scam, personally.

Rit.

Newbie oriented mining site - http://cryptoexperiment.wordpress.com/ --- Free BTC - http://freebitco.in/?r=231531
campycoin

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:30:05 AM

*sigh*

Moriarty is scum.  See antilyze.com for proof of his latest $80,000 theft.

He is a total clown https://bitcointa.lk/threads/scam-scam-scam-bitlaunder-com-scam-scam-scam.257152/

Here he claims the user account was hacked, then gives an address that has never been used per blockchain.info below

Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #TqQhpthqpIq3948v
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: