Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:17:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This does NOT belong to the "Alternative cryptocurrencies" forum  (Read 1181 times)
Arzack (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:05:33 AM

Everybody's talking about bitcoins boom now, but i think that the best investment is in undervalued alternative cryptocurrencies now.

3 days ago i almost tripled my money with litecoins (some say it was a pump and dump, ok), from 1.8$, to 4.5$.
With bitcoins i'd earn only about +15%.

So the question is: what do you think are the most undervalued now and why?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:10:24 AM

I like PPCoin at least i like the proof of stake idea.
Bitcoin needs quite a lot of energy right now and i'm not sure it is necessary.

That being said PPCoin is useless. The booming crypto is bitcoin not the others. The other have there price linked to bitcoin i wouldn't bet it's going to keep like that.
Does litecoin have the infrastructure bitcoin had when it passed 4.5$?

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Arzack (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:05:06 AM

I'm talking about long-term huge profit: like investing lots of money hoping to became millionaire years later.
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:09:01 AM

I'm talking about long-term huge profit: like investing lots of money hoping to became millionaire years later.

Let me think about that one.

Hmm.....

Oh, I know!

Have you heard of this one called Bitcoin?

glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:19:12 AM

That's why i think ppcoin has an inovation that might work. Now it is very risky.
just like the best to already be millionaire was to buy 10 000btc when it was 0.1$ .

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
ruski

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:24:44 AM

Everybody's talking about bitcoins boom now, but i think that the best investment is in undervalued alternative cryptocurrencies now.

Speculation of alternate cryptocurrency belongs in Alternate cryptocurrencies.

ruski

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:30:25 AM

Bitcoin Forum > Other > Alternate cryptocurrencies (Moderator: SaltySpitoon) > This does NOT belong to the "Alternative cryptocurrencies" forum

Grin

VforVictory

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:36:39 AM

NVC, that is all.
Arzack (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:48:47 AM

NVC, that is all.

I heard it might be a scam? HOw do you know it's completely legit?
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 01:01:33 PM

If you are talking about seeing value compared to Bitcoin, loook at Dustcoin or my site at http://www.coinchoose.com.  These sites calculate the difficulty and the current exchange rate to determine if a alt currency is more profitable to mine.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:21:02 PM

3 days ago i almost tripled my money with litecoins (some say it was a pump and dump, ok), from 1.8$, to 4.5$.
With bitcoins i'd earn only about +15%.

So the question is: what do you think are the most undervalued now and why?

bytecoin, it still hasnt hit a real trading platform yet and when/if it does the price is going to explode.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
VforVictory

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:31:47 PM

NVC, that is all.

Why would it be a scam anymore? All the hub bub surrounding it already died off, and it implements both Scrypt and PoS. Making it a combined Lite+PP Coin. If anything, Bytecoin is the real scam, since it is an exact copy of BItcoin. -_-
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:44:39 PM

NVC, that is all.

Why would it be a scam anymore? All the hub bub surrounding it already died off, and it implements both Scrypt and PoS. Making it a combined Lite+PP Coin. If anything, Bytecoin is the real scam, since it is an exact copy of BItcoin. -_-

just think of it as bitcoin except an alternative blockchain for when we run out of room in the first one. I dont see anything scammy about that, there wasnt even any premining at all.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
digitalfog

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:23:41 PM

I like litecoin, ppcoin, and am now watching bytecoin.

Like investing in anything, spread out your mining activity and mine across the coins that you personally like.  If one or two fail, you will still have a chance to be successful with your other coins.

VforVictory

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:30:38 PM

NVC, that is all.

just think of it as bitcoin except an alternative blockchain for when we run out of room in the first one. I dont see anything scammy about that, there wasnt even any premining at all.

We won't run out of Bitcoins for another 100 years, so why do we need an alternative blockchain based on the *exact* same thing BItcoin is founded on?
Byte-Gox

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:59:08 PM

Fiat to BTC gives you privacy and control over your Fiat

BTC to BTE gives you privacy and control over your BTC
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:00:43 PM

NVC, that is all.

We won't run out of Bitcoins for another 100 years, so why do we need an alternative blockchain based on the *exact* same thing BItcoin is founded on?

i didnt say run out of bitcoins. i said run out of room in the blockchain.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: