Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:15:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FPGA mining - lazy person wants a guide  (Read 1696 times)
Schrankwand (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:12:34 AM

FPGAs are the smartest variation when it comes to the compromise between availability, computing power and electricity consumption.
Got my eyes on the new Lancelot.

The Lancelot isn't a new project. I'm basing my current design off of the Lancelot.

RAM requirements. I have talked about this with some people, theoretically it is possible to fit an FPGA with additional DDR3 or GDDR5 ram and have it specifically designed to mine litecoin.

The main problem would be adoption (price) and that to get ridiculous rates of hashign power, you would need ridiculous amounts of RAM.

It does not require extensive amounts of RAM. I am trying to implement a DDR3 controller to my FPGA design. A little tricky because I have to have the system check the amount of RAM at each reset so that it can allocate the blocks correctly. But an FPGA with 4-8GB of RAM is still fairly cheap. Plus if I got a working design I would produce a large amount of it so that the cost per board is not extensive.

We'll see once I get further.

Well, no doubt about it: If you get somewhere with the Litecoin FPGA implementation, let me know, I will be a customer of yours.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: