Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:18:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New PPCoin Pool (PPLNS-based, North America-hosted) @ www.VuxilsPool.com  (Read 5125 times)
Vuxil (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:16:41 AM

Looks like the pool's pretty stable right now, anyone else who can loan us a worker or two right now that would be of great help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mech

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:36:46 AM

I want to help you in testing.
Tell me please, technical specifications of your server (if many miners will not fall if he is?)
What assembly software are you using?

PPC? - Should become the first independent altcurrency!
Vuxil (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:41:41 AM

I want to help you in testing.
Tell me please, technical specifications of your server (if many miners will not fall if he is?)
What assembly software are you using?

You can register an account and log in with -u Username.1 -p x, and with 8337 as the port number.

I am running pushpool right now and the mmcFE frontend, which was built off of simplecoins, which was built off of miningfarm. All of this is running on top of Ubuntu. Current hardware is 2GB of ram ontop of 2 i7 cores, and this can be up'd easily as needed. What do you mean by assembly software?
stiff

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:03:12 AM

My pool was originally going to just be VuxilsPool.com, but I decided vpool was a nice name, and to be honest I enjoy ticking off scammers\people who distribute crap to others. The interface looks the same because it's the mmcFE frontend, not my choice (can change eventually but right now function>form)
WoW! I'm went register VuxilsPool.com! Cybersquatting is profitable business.  Grin
each will remain in its. Let for you i'm scamer and owner cointron, bitparking, btc-e, mtgox, vatican.va
  Tongue
Vuxil (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:05:01 AM

My pool was originally going to just be VuxilsPool.com, but I decided vpool was a nice name, and to be honest I enjoy ticking off scammers\people who distribute crap to others. The interface looks the same because it's the mmcFE frontend, not my choice (can change eventually but right now function>form)
WoW! I'm went register VuxilsPool.com! Cybersquatting is profitable business.  Grin
each will remain in its. Let for you i'm scamer and owner cointron, bitparking, btc-e, mtgox, vatican.va
  Tongue

I might have to pick up StiffsPool.com then...let the domain race begin  Wink
stiff

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:24:54 AM

I might have to pick up StiffsPool.com then...let the domain race begin  Wink
No thanks, i'm not warrior. War of your interest.  Tongue
ikuzo1

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:26:22 AM

looks promising, i'll throw a couple Ghash your way tonight
Vuxil (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:26:38 AM

I might have to pick up StiffsPool.com then...let the domain race begin  Wink
No thanks, i'm not warrior. War of your interest.  Tongue

Well I am switching the name of this pool, vPool was just a bit of a joke at first, just because my interface and vPool.us' interface look the same due to mmc front end. If you want to buy the domain for some PPCoins, just let me know anytime Smiley

VuxilsPool.com and vPool.me both work right now to connect to my pool
Neverest

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:14:27 PM

Not sure what happened, but sometime last night your pool stopped working, My GPU has been idle for at least 2 hours, CGminer only mentions 'New block detected before longpoll"(User ID: 2).
Vuxil (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:56:09 PM

Not sure what happened, but sometime last night your pool stopped working, My GPU has been idle for at least 2 hours, CGminer only mentions 'New block detected before longpoll"(User ID: 2).

Everyone got disconnected and I had to restart. Not sure what's up, PPCoind and Pushpool were still active when I looked around. I''ll dive into the logs

The weird thing is the backend should be very stable, I just have a traditional PPCoind and Pushpool setup. The front end with mmcFE should be the only buggy part that needed testing...

Pools back up right now as well. Very sorry to everyone who lost some time, we'll sort everything out
Vuxil (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:08:35 PM

If you have trouble logging in from VuxilsPool.com, try vPool.me

Both domains point to the same server, but a couple have reported trouble logging in with VuxilsPool.com. Not sure what the problem is, I will look into it shortly.

edit: I've changed how the server handles cookies and sessions, let me know how it goes. vPool.me is secondary to VuxilsPool.com now, so use VuxilsPool
Vuxil (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:04:26 PM

I tracked down the bugs causing miners to disconnect. Apparently when I kill my SSH session to my server, it kills all programs running that I started during the session. I just have to make ppcoind and pushpool start up as system services - when I get home tonight I will do so.

For now, I will leave my ssh window open - if you suddenly disconnect it means my SSH session timed out. This will be fixed permanently tonight
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 08:19:00 PM

I'd suggest you also set-up Monit to monitor the services (in case they go down for any other reason).
Vuxil (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:05:20 PM

I pulled it down to write some new start up scripts. All pool related software now run as services that should boot with the server, so they are not dependent on me starting them up through SSH. This should help with stability a bit, as all the downtime seemed to be directly related to my SSH sessions
Vuxil (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:10:28 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2013, 09:25:33 PM by Vuxil

I'd suggest you also set-up Monit to monitor the services (in case they go down for any other reason).

Monit looks pretty interesting, ty for the tip. I hadn't heard of it previously, but I'll look into it now

Vuxil (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:49:40 PM

Ok I brought the server back offline for about 2 hours so I could implement some new startup scripts and logging features. The cookies issue remains, so be sure you are using VuxilsPool.com now instead of vPool.me. You can still mine using vPool.me, but the website will not log you in using that URL due to how mmcFE handles sessions.

Anyway, you should all be able to connect again and mine away! Thanks!
Vuxil (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:30:46 AM

Ok, server has been completely stable for half of the day now, and we are well on our way to our first block. Thanks everyone for helping me test!
Vuxil (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:18:43 PM

The increased difficulty really sucks  Tongue
Vuxil (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:08:34 PM

We've had a few seldom crashes overnight, and I apologize for that. Reading through the main PPCoin thread, it seems that ppcoind has a memory leak that causes it to crash. This is in conjunction  with what I found - pushpool and mmcFE are always still running whenever a crash happens, but ppcoind is mysteriously killed. I am setting up a cron job to automatically restart ppcoind every few hours. Thanks everyone for your patience
Vuxil (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:13:58 PM

We've had a few seldom crashes overnight, and I apologize for that. Reading through the main PPCoin thread, it seems that ppcoind has a memory leak that causes it to crash. This is in conjunction  with what I found - pushpool and mmcFE are always still running whenever a crash happens, but ppcoind is mysteriously killed. I am setting up a cron job to automatically restart ppcoind every few hours. Thanks everyone for your patience
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: