Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:25:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex isn't the best place to trade alts  (Read 4384 times)
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:39:11 PM

Where else would you wanna go besides polo? There is no better place than polo. There is bittrex but I doubt you'd get much volume that will be enough for what you look for. Would you rather be going to Yobit? Their volume is good I can see.  Grin

I never thought poloniex was not good, because since I played trading and there was no problem I experienced, I think Bittrex is a very good market for buying altcoin. I suggest you do not play on yobit, because yobit is not good and too many coins left by developers, maybe if anyone buys a coin there you will be stuck and at high risk.
Every trading is great for me as they have different platform and unique characteristics. I don't think that trading site does matter in trading altcoins as they don't have much difference in terms of their service and price of altcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 01:08:49 PM

I haven't used it much as I don't think their user interface is user friendly. I was looking for some exchange with shorting options for bitcoin and altcoins and someone recommended me Poloniex and I liked the features like leverage but the overall user experience was not up to my exceptions so I gave up using that exchange. It plays important part when it comes to ultra fast order executions are expected and you have to tackle with the below average interface. This is my personal opinion and everyone might have their own.
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:15:03 PM

Where else would you wanna go besides polo? There is no better place than polo. There is bittrex but I doubt you'd get much volume that will be enough for what you look for. Would you rather be going to Yobit? Their volume is good I can see.  Grin

Yes, I've switched to Bittrex, they're pretty good. If volume is the argument, we should understand that it is WE who is creating the volume. If enough people switch from Polo to Bittrex, the volume is with us.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
7artem7

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 01:39:58 PM

for poloniex's traders

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/6d8fv7/insider_trader_help_you/

needlecoin.org
needlecoinpool.eu
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:24:24 PM

I see a problem, that from a workers point of view is difficult to overcome.

So, i wake in the morning with some set of skills that allow me to set up an online business tottaly unregulated.
I put it up, and its real good and a lot of people use it. In the next morning i wake up and i have a few million in my bank account.
DO i take bullshit from people?

Im not saying it right, because it isn´t. But i am amazed that they are still around and working instead of heading to the beach...

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:39:59 AM

There's still a lot of trading site to trade altcoins, you can use another one which is bittrex which is almost the same of poloniex but some of the altcoins are there in bittrex and not on poloniex. If you want to choose a lot of coins and earn a lot of profit from buying almost dying coin and waiting for the whales to pump it up then you can go for yobit which is one of my favorite because the whales are their and the coins there are gaining a lot of % per day.
I agree that there is a lot of trading site that you can try. But for me the success of your trading does not depends on a specific trading site because most of the trading site differs on the preface but not on the outlet meaning that most of the trading sites it common. Yes in trading is a risk so looking for a trusted trading site is must but you can always lessen the risk if you are going to do your part on working hard and making an adjusment on every changes and development could happen.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:02:00 PM

Poloniex getting lots of bashing lately. They seem not to care otherwise their media people would be busy fixing their badly battered image.. I have had some issues with their platform too especially during heavy trading.
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:37:20 PM

removed..
what was in the original reddit post?
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:53:53 PM

very trading is great for me as they have different platform and unique characteristics. I don't think that trading site does matter in trading altcoins as they don't have much difference in terms of their service and price of altcoins.
You are wrong here,trading site does matter when it comes to making profit and end up having a loss,the volume does play a role while trading and not every site have a good volume to make every trade possible and every site must have a good response while withdrawing the coins too,with Polo i did have two very bad experience in the past few weeks,i tried withdrawing a coin and it took a day to get through and to get a good profit doing arbitrary trading you need to have instant withdrawals,if not you have to either hold the coin for a long term or sell the coin at a loss.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:02:48 AM

When I was going through your post I just got an intuition that they is something God or your subconscious mind want you to learn about trading and until you learn that you may continue facing this frustrating circumstances you are facing currently. Sorry if you think I sounds religion but that is the reality.

Lol...I dont know why I think this post is funny. Oh! I get it, it's from religious Africa. A continent where minute and trivial stuff are always left to God to solve. Dude, sometimes we should leave God out of certain situations, especially situations like this one. Before you mudsling me, I am an African too.

Back to the OP. I am on the Poloniex platform and I haven't had any issues with them though I engage in lending alone. I haven't traded there yet. But it's really disheartening to hear people complain of losing investment because of negligence on the part of the exchange as a result of bad customer care response system.

Yes, Poloniex recently put its minimum loan on dogecoin at 100doges. Lenders cannot loan anything less than 100doges. I really don't why.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1246
Merit: 356

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:22:46 AM

Okay, so in last ~3 weeks, I've come back into crypto, facing some financial difficulties and putting all last financies into old and good btc. I've been using poloniex a lot and that's what I want to share with you. During this month I've been arbitraging and trading a little and got my coins stucked or lost or somewhat for 3 times on polo. The longest one was 4 days and 6 hours, when the system made coin withdrawal but no actual withdrawal happent. I've got my ticket answered only after 4 days. During this I've lost ~5-10% of value in btc of this alt and lost a huge amount of investment/trading oppotinuties I wanted to try. Even though my problem could be solved in 2 minutes with just giving coins back on the account. And after 2 days since resolving the last issue I got into another. Today I saw a 6% gap between trade price on bittrex and polo and wanted to use it. Bought coins, send on actual, working deposit polo wallet and... Nothing. Absolutely nothing happent. So for now it's over -35% of the initial price and will go even more for sure and it's only 13 hours. My ticket won't be solved until 2 of may when it would be delisted so high chance that I will lost everything. It is the most retarded situation - everything is fine in blockexplorer, they received everything, this can be finished in several clicks by polo, but they don't care. Just because of issue on the other side I'm loosing around 0.04 btc minimum.  I know it's not much, but for me it's pretty significant amount and all losses are only because of the technical issues from the exchange side.  
Now I just hate my life and dislike the poloniex for experiencing it. This experience even more devastating than cryptsy's was.
Bittrex is running much more alts markets. But they somehow can deal with them and most problems are solved in several hours. And tickets are answered after 6-12 hours.
But polo while making like 300-400k$ a day now can't hire enough support staff to deal with 600-700 tickets a day and run 20-30 wallets.
You will have to deal with 2-3-4 or even more days to get your tickets finally answered.

So, what I want to say to you - don't trade with alts of high volatility on poloniex - you'll suffer big losses. Avoid depositing not top alts there. They don't care about you. On the my message of like "Thanks for -30% poloniex" in chat after explaining my problem, I've received answer from moderator like "You are welcome." and then was  banned. They are making money and became a little bit lazy.
Thanks for your attention. Avoid dealing with polo in non top 5-10 alts, or you are risking to lose a lot of time and nerves.
Not only you has experiencing that problem. My friend also is experiencing that problem and he lost some btc because only of lag. But in my own, I'm more than half a year using poloniex but I can't experience of losing btc on their exchanges. I'm still using poloniex now because it has a big difference from other exchanges.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:19:29 AM

POloniex was one of the legit exchange sites platform which I can considered, but lately I heard and I read in some the
forum section where other community here now are facing some problem in Poloniex in terms of transaction withdrawing their bitcion into cash. I don't know it that is true or not. But one thing for sure I know majority of the community in poloniex are complaining.
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 06:03:51 AM

I
Logging using a desktop and then to a laptop is an issue to them. I have to keep using the same laptop over and over and when I tried logging my desktop, my password don't work. Seem a very odd exchange which is why i don't use them regularly.
I never know, that using desktop and laptop is an issue to them. Because in bittrex i used it most often  where I always do trade in the exchange platform. But I do believed that right now poloniex was facing some kind of a problems to their clients.

xhienigat

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 06:26:22 AM

Poloniex works for some but as I have observed so far from trading on that site, if you withdraw your coins and transfer it to another for example wallet usually it takes time for it to reflect or transfer. But if you use convert it to bitcoins and transfer it to a bitcoin wallet, it doesn't really have much issues on that part. That's just my observation though.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
senyorito123

Activity: 1722
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 06:40:46 AM

Their's so many problem on poloniex and Im so concious on why those thing occuring on them, And it put some bad stain on their reputation so I would just pulled out my balance their and will go to bittrex for now on so that If theirs something wrong will be happen in polo well im little much away from it. Polo devs should fix this things up so that little confusion about their site will not spread and hit them so bad.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 07:25:34 AM

Do what I did I moved everything to other exchanges! Problem solved!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:23:34 AM

To which other exchanges did you move your coin to? So far I haven't got any problems with Poloniex though but so far, I've read a lot of feedbacks recently about Poloniex that it took them quite sometime to transfer their coin to other site or wallet addresses.
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:35:49 AM

To which other exchanges did you move your coin to? So far I haven't got any problems with Poloniex though but so far, I've read a lot of feedbacks recently about Poloniex that it took them quite sometime to transfer their coin to other site or wallet addresses.

I switched to Bittrex. Took me a week to transfer my coins.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:13:04 AM

Sad to hear your experience with this "best" exchange like many people said. I honestly never had trouble using poloniex for trading activity until now.
So we can learn something from your experience, Poloniex is worth or not the right place to do arbitraging because of the problem of pending withdrawal.

You right, bittrex is good one to move. They have lot of altcoins that not available to trade in Poloniex. And of course, you can be calm with the security, because of the mans behind bittrex.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: