Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:25:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving up on Bitcoin...  (Read 3690 times)
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 05:52:56 PM

On the other side, i am quite happy with bitcoins and may even plan to get more of it as times goes by. I am even in signature campaign so i also can slowly gain more btc for my usage. Dealing can never be more easy with btc.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
twodrive01

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:40:48 PM

The markets are sure changing thats for sure. Bittrex exchange volume is consistently well below Yobit and Livecoin. Doesnt mean bitcoin is dead. it means Bittrex is dead.
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:51:24 PM

can't tell you what to do or to think cause this is a personal matter , but personally I won't give up bitcoins
so far I'm not seeing anything wrong , and I'm actually really optimistic when it comes to bitcoin future

if circle gave up bitcoin that doesn't mean that they did the right thing 
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:59:27 PM

I am not the only one, lots of people have already given up.  Very fucking stupid mismanagement is the result.  At least TCP-IP and Linux had some means to make sensible adjustments in the early days.

Circle Gives Up Bitcoin

Bitcoin has no means to fix things that need a fixin'.  "Consensus" is just a very stupid concept.  95% consensus will never be reached for any issue.  Bitcoin is fucked.  Doesn't scale.  Everyone already left.

And yet the transaction volume rises and the price is going up also,  i get your frustrations, but seriously giving up on bitcoin is just stupid.  sticking it out when the going gets tough is what bitcoin needs, so i suppose your no great loss......  Sad
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 11:46:08 PM

I have read that entire text about the announcement of Circle to give up the bitcoin ecosystem and actually it does not seem a bad news. They are only looking for making profits, and no are so interested in contributing to enhance this alternate economy, so it is just natural to look for other business model where the only thing that matters is the profit and not a financial and economic revolution.
TKeenan (OP)

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:16:34 AM

I have read that entire text about the announcement of Circle to give up the bitcoin ecosystem and actually it does not seem a bad news. They are only looking for making profits, and no are so interested in contributing to enhance this alternate economy, so it is just natural to look for other business model where the only thing that matters is the profit and not a financial and economic revolution.

They were already funded and willing to spend $140 million on Bitcoin accessories (bitcoin wallet) that improve the usability of the network by giving end users tools to deploy their Bitcoin. 

But then they realized that there are a bunch of silly buffoons driving the ship and being unreasonable.  Over two years of bickering and no steps forward.  They understand that the system cannot be advanced with such a governing principle that is 'consensus'.  Consensus is merely a mechanism to halt any progress.  Progress down either path.  95% Concensus is pretty hard to achieve.  Core/GMaxwell will be lowering this in the next few weeks to 85%. 
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:25:37 AM

The market says otherwise, friendo.  And you can't argue with it either.  All the problems with scaling, blocksize, and everything else, they exist and will or won't be solved.  But people are still really hardcore into bitcoin and the price reflects that.  If bitcoin had turned out to be a fleeting fad, we would be approaching a valuation of zero.  And we're not, we're approaching $800!
raja2sumi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:36:35 AM

when u are giving up why are making a topic on this .you should ask why should i not give up bitcoins ? well u just made a low quality post which is  not toleraable at all.dont give up on bitcoins until and unless u have a better to support on to.

▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
● PLINKO  (+) ROULETTE ║ BITVEST ║ |7| SLOTS    ▼ BIT SPIN
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:50:42 AM

I agree the corporations are just looking for profit and money, large of money.
Bitcoins is more than it, bitcoins is comunity of people whom believe that there are new consept of money on Internet, new technology blockchains.
It can not be controled by government,bankers or corporation.
They are not want it, on corporations always there are secret for making profit and not transparent is like bitcoin, so it is not strange the circle to give up in bitcoins because of they can not make large money and won't building bitcoin.
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:57:07 AM

Why giving up bitcoin? Bitcoin is continously rising and others are
happy with it. Giving up bitcoin now is not wise enough to do so.
As of now Im pretty happy with bitcoins demands nowadays.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 03:03:54 AM

It's not even time for bitcoin to scale for another 5 decades, yes bitcoin really isn't for us tech noobs.
We are just starting to use technology in general, and I think we should have an election to select a president for bitcoin and every member of this community should be able to vote.
It should be done in blockchain to avoid cheating.

🖤😏
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:40:51 AM

Circle abandoned Bitcoin because they weren't making enough profit off it. Now they are trying to build a fiat wallet running on Blockchain technology with no fees. Everyone else who is sucking on Bitcoin's tit won't leave as long as the money keeps coming in.

Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:51:38 AM

Circle abandoned Bitcoin because they weren't making enough profit off it. Now they are trying to build a fiat wallet running on Blockchain technology with no fees. Everyone else who is sucking on Bitcoin's tit won't leave as long as the money keeps coming in.

That's not a good choice of giving up on bitcoin because it will have good future due to its good economy all those negative hearsays were pulling down the minds of the users which brings negative impacts to bitcoiners and we should not bare that in mind. Taking stand on what positive vision we have is right most of the time and avoid believing bad feedbacks which easily disappoints anyone.

secretservice

Activity: 41
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:53:59 AM

The situation you described is not being reflected in the market. Bitcoin goes through one of the moments when there is a very significant increase in the number of people interested in it, and the balance between supply and demand is quite favorable for a possible upward movement, historical maybe...

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 09:15:05 AM

The situation you described is not being reflected in the market. Bitcoin goes through one of the moments when there is a very significant increase in the number of people interested in it, and the balance between supply and demand is quite favorable for a possible upward movement, historical maybe...

The recent events will affect its price sooner or later. For now we see only a slight move because we do not feel yet the consequences we're going to have because of India, Italy and Venezuela. More people are waking up and this is a good thing, but we have to make sure we aren't going to be the last ones waking up. More and more people are trusting Bitcoin and Silver. Get them before the price skyrockets.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 09:20:54 AM

That's not a good choice of giving up on bitcoin because it will have good future due to its good economy all those negative hearsays were pulling down the minds of the users which brings negative impacts to bitcoiners and we should not bare that in mind. Taking stand on what positive vision we have is right most of the time and avoid believing bad feedbacks which easily disappoints anyone.

Circle is a business. Businesses need to make money to survive. Bitcoin might have great potential but right now it's not perfect. Circle are not speculators or traders. The truth is that fiat businesses are more stable and profitable than Bitcoin ventures. Businesses don't care what Bitcoiners think, believe or dream of. It's capitalism.

KoKaKoLa

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 09:23:42 AM

you dont like bitcoin? want to get out? go ahead... but stop saying like everyone should do the same.
TKeenan (OP)

Activity: 874

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:47:20 PM

but stop saying like everyone should do the same.
Who said everyone else should do the same? 
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 06:06:40 PM

but stop saying like everyone should do the same.
Who said everyone else should do the same? 
To be fair, it's kind of implied when you start a thread like this and also mention that "everybody is already doing the same".
Kind of reads like a warning to other people, while the market itself is looking really promising atm, the price of BTC is going up, not down.

darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 06:35:15 PM

Everyone hopes and suggest the price will BOOM next year and he gives up BTC. Why? It s 2 complicated?

Dude, I suggest you take a deep breath, have a walk and stay away from your machine for a few days. Cause if you do leave, you ll be missing out A LOT.

Simple trolling so that potential traders would quit, that is how I see things right here tho. If someone would sell their bitcoin because of believing a certain words from this guy that he might take that as an opportunity to buy those bitcoins(that was quite imaginative tho, but who knows?, I may be right as well.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: