Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:00:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: service no longer available  (Read 2529 times)
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:49:22 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 12:01:27 AM by Teka

Interesting idea, might be cool if people could rent out the entire system and either SSH in (if Linux) or RD into Windows (if you use that), but then I guess people might do some risky overclocks and such  . . .

Is this basically a way for you to take a lower-than-average but constant cut on your hardware, kinda like PPS on steroids? Sounds cool, I might be interested. Smiley

The idea is that you don't have to build an entire rig so you save money on equipment costs and therefore your profit is much better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 12:25:53 PM

Let me know when these are available Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:40:06 PM

Let me know when these are available Smiley

I'm hoping that I can get this started before may.
Trommie

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:38:07 PM

I am interested (despite the recent value drop in Litecoins). Will you offer a series of deals say price for one month/2/3months?Would you consider very short term rentals of a week or so or is this not in your plans? What overclock rates would you allow? Perhaps by spending time on your rig you could really optomise them far more than a newbie just playing with their own kit

This might even work as a way for people to pay for goods- instead of paying to an exchange they pay for time on your kit (perhaps eventually purchasing 30 cards hash for a day instead of 1 cards hash for 30 days), generate the coins they need and then use that to pay for what they want.

If you need to expand quickly perhaps you could act as an intermediary and rent time on cards from others (like me Wink ) to resell for a slightly higher price.

I'm thinking it might even help get a currency back on it's feet when a currency has been attacked like what happened to TRC recently... supporters could hire out your hash power to get things moving a little.

Seriously I've had loads of thoughts about the whole renting time on rigs plan.... I just don't have the time to implement it as a business.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:51:43 PM

I am interested (despite the recent value drop in Litecoins). Will you offer a series of deals say price for one month/2/3months?Would you consider very short term rentals of a week or so or is this not in your plans? What overclock rates would you allow? Perhaps by spending time on your rig you could really optomise them far more than a newbie just playing with their own kit

This might even work as a way for people to pay for goods- instead of paying to an exchange they pay for time on your kit (perhaps eventually purchasing 30 cards hash for a day instead of 1 cards hash for 30 days), generate the coins they need and then use that to pay for what they want.

If you need to expand quickly perhaps you could act as an intermediary and rent time on cards from others (like me Wink ) to resell for a slightly higher price.

I'm thinking it might even help get a currency back on it's feet when a currency has been attacked like what happened to TRC recently... supporters could hire out your hash power to get things moving a little.

Seriously I've had loads of thoughts about the whole renting time on rigs plan.... I just don't have the time to implement it as a business.

If you could pm with your ideas so we can discuss them in more detail that would be great. The plan is that later I would expand it into a full Server Rack with at least 24 GPUs and sell shares for the first 60 days as way of kickstarting the rental business.
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:05:18 PM

How about you mine for me, and i give you 50% of the profits every month?
Dunno if you get me...  Wink

also this:
jhd

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 11:21:51 PM

I notice you dont take the difficulty in  your calculs

Litecoin Lottery, Litecoin Roulette : http://www.coinpixel.com
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 11:26:13 PM

How about you mine for me, and i give you 50% of the profits every month?
Dunno if you get me...  Wink

also this:

Where is that from?

Punkonjunk

Activity: 78

Hey, eat this snail quick

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:38:37 AM

This is ridiculous. Rent a 300 dollar video card for 300 dollars, make profit?

Why wouldn't you just mine yourself, and KEEP the profit?

I don't understand how this sort of altruism COULDNT be a scam.

Additionally, your prospective client could use the 300 bucks to buy another videocard and slap it into his rig.

What you're literally asking for is "give me 300 dollars and I'll print you 450 dollars. Wow!"

if that was reasonable, at all, you would just print the cash yourself, and keep it.

This doesn't make sense.

liked my post? LTC to: LYeSMuyDBFufBehK59A9GmMjby6iVw8Kux
Or BTC to: 18YsfMVtqNbrpJuPZaAbifWNYuiUHQZwR8
If there is a wall of text up there, sorry. I can't help it. I'm usually running on about 80oz of coffee a day. If it's complete nonsense, sorry. I haven't had my coffee.
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 12:41:39 AM

Additionally, your prospective client could use the 300 bucks to buy another videocard and slap it into his rig.

What you're literally asking for is "give me 300 dollars and I'll print you 450 dollars. Wow!"

if that was reasonable, at all, you would just print the cash yourself, and keep it.

This doesn't make sense.

From what I gather, this is a good way for him to secure the initial investment of the miners while hedging against unprofitability in the realm of mining. He agrees to take a smaller cut of what he is expecting to mine to be guaranteed to get at least x amount of dollars for his investment.

A reasonable 7950x3 system should cost around $1500 to $1600, so if he rents them out for $250/mo with a 6-month lockin, he would be able to pay for the rig upfront. After that six months, if that person leaves, he could essentially mine with free hardware. If they stay on, he still makes low-risk money.

Trommie

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:56:24 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 01:07:23 AM by Trommie

This doesn't make sense.

It's not altruism at all its a business pitch. The person running the service gets a guarenteed income, the person renting gets a fully set up rig that they don't have to worry about and the payback can be a little gamble(depends on price of coins difficulty changes etc).

Rigs generate a lot of heat so someone who lives in a country with expensive electricity which is also warm would not only have to pay the few hundred watt every hour to run the rig but also have to pay the extra aircon to get rid of the heat! This might make this service more cost effective. Also remember it's not just about buying an extra card but also for some buying motherboard and power supply.

Assuming the price can be pitched correctly some people might think litecoins are going to be profitable for the next month but not for after that. So for them buying a rig and setting it up could eat a few days into their golden month, not to mention they may not expect be able to get enough returns to fully refund the price of buying cards/mobo/PSU etc in such a short amount of time but they calculate they would make a profit from this method. Also not all rigs are equal, tweaking settings can really make a difference to hash rates. This way someone rents a fully optimised set-up.

Perhaps someone just wants coins and doesn't want to run a rig and would prefer to use this method to signing up to an exvhange. Perhaps they are from a country where the internet or electricity aren't as reliable.  There's lots of reasons

It's a good idea and from previous replies it looks like Teka may be willing to be a little flexible on the price.

As with everything the price it is pitched at is key!!

Here's an example:

Lets say my rig cost $3 a day in electricity and can generate 3 Litecoins. Current rate is say 1L = 1.5USD. Someone wants 3 litecoins. they could buy off an exchange for $4.50 paying their fees etc or I can rent my box to that person for $3.75 for the day they can generate their 3 coins (assuming no change in difficulty over that time). Now I get guarenteed profit of 75 cents and the person may get cheaper coins. if the price of coins goes up they've done well if it comes down then my guarenteed profit over that day may be more than the what i would have got from mining myself.

I just need to pitch the price to rent my rig to someone who wantslitecoins and perhaps thinks that at the end of the 24 hours litecoins will still be worth $1.50 each or more

IIt's a beatiful little business idea. The difficulty for Teka, and others trying this is to make it into a proper business,
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:08:27 AM

This doesn't make sense.

The target client is someone who doesn't want to build an entire rig or doesn't have the time to monitor the machine.This thread is more a of a project development thread rather then a final announcement thread so most of the prices will probably be different and the entire project might change into a pay per share style project.
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 01:10:49 AM

If Teka's a person who enjoys building computers, this could be a very fun hobby. Smiley

nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:23:02 AM

Where is that from?

I got this image on my mail last week, for nearly every day
Marrs

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:33:24 AM

This doesn't make sense.

I don't think is is a scam, at least not in an outright theft kind of way.

He wants to become a shovel vendor during the coming mining craze. He wants to lock in his profits and let the renters take the risk of the price volatility.

There's no way the deal makes sense to anyone with the ability to make and manage their own boxes, though.
teodor87

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Man is King!

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:25:33 PM

I did not get one thing. Do you intend to buy 1 card for each user or what? Because I don't think you will have enough power supply in your home for more than 30 users per say if your installation is 10KWh.

And I don't get the whole you keeping the card thing.

I mean you get money from others to buy a card for yourself. Then charge for electricity and profit.

However, if a user don't use you anymore you get the card for free? Without covering at least 50% of it?

It sounds like a great deal - for you.

1BXi1DWT9U8snSr8wmuL7iihqphNiPRN9k
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:41:42 AM

Hi,

I may be interested in renting the 7950 for some months. So, i'd like to ask you the following questions:

- how many cards 7959 do u have?
- will u make a better price if i rent many gpus for a month or so?
- can we discuss a better price since the difficulty arises and the LTC price has dropped?

TIA

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
teodor87

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Man is King!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:28:19 PM

Hi,

I may be interested in renting the 7950 for some months. So, i'd like to ask you the following questions:

- how many cards 7959 do u have?
- will u make a better price if i rent many gpus for a month or so?
- can we discuss a better price since the difficulty arises and the LTC price has dropped?

TIA

Read the topic. He does not have any. He wants you to pay 4 months in advance so that he could buy those. Which is stupid. Since you could buy them for yourself.

1BXi1DWT9U8snSr8wmuL7iihqphNiPRN9k
iruleeveryone28

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 01:18:46 PM

Anyone?

have you incorporated difficulty into your 30 day quote? it is currently rising @20% every 3 days.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: