Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:07:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with bitcoin-24.com WARNING! UPDATE!  (Read 38666 times)
Aianis

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:44:10 PM

The situation is really scary. No info anywhere, people worried about their funds and coins stuck in limbo, while Simon resolves the situation. No announcements, hence all nervous.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Taduliauskas

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:48:45 PM

Maybe someone have contacted Simon ?

It's really disturbing, that no announcements has been published neither, on twitter or facebook pages...
donjoe

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:55:26 PM

I pointed out this thread to him when it was created, but he hasn't answered. This was via Facebook private message.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
penthrite

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:22:32 PM

I sent a lot of money through SEPA to this exchange yesterday. Order was already processed. Is there any way to "charge-back" SEPA payments? I am starting to be worried due to site down and no information from operator.
I sent 10k euro yesterday as well. Once the bank has announced the execution of the payment, which usually happens within a few hours, i think that there's nothing practical we can do to stop it. I would stay positive anyway, the situation will be probably sorted out in a few days.
keinur

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:36:51 PM

There are some small transactions showing up in the btc24 chart during the last few minutes. Seems like they are testing the fixes.

Hopefully it will be back again soon.
donjoe

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:00:55 PM

I don't know about "small" transactions - I see he's been letting through something like 250 BTC in the last hour. Besides, the only positive signal I want to see right now is my BTC in his hotwallet and then out on the blockchain. I don't care about anything else he does after that. (I should've bailed out when this thread started instead of keeping my hopes up and ending up with my BTC frozen for 6 fckin hours during a price drop. I so hate this Simon guy right now.)

▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
Taduliauskas

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:13:09 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 05:32:21 PM by Taduliauskas

Our Service is momentarily not available.
1. All funds (EUR, USD, PLN, GBP & Bitcoins) are safe.
2. All withdrawals will be gradually processed chronologically from another bank account.
3. The Polish authority closed your Bank account in Poland.
4. Our lawyers are working with high pressure on a solution.

We will back with Bitcoin-24 2.0 on when all declarations are finished.

Well btc24 "exchangers" we wont be taking part in current btc price resolving situation ... Smiley

UPDATE:

All important Emails can be send to help@bitcoin-24.com
TCollar

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:17:32 PM

Simon is a pretty well known DJ, so he should be able to manage a high volume, monetary transaction website with little or no problems huh?  Just like spinning records and listening to only half of a headphone while bobbling your head rhythmically hoping for the fog machine to kick in.

This glitch must just be the fog machine not kicking in, since that is the same problem that online trading companies run into all the time.

TCollar

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:25:16 PM

2. All withdrawals will be gradually processed chronologically from another bank account.

Well btc24 "exchangers" we wont be taking part in current btc price resolving situation ... Smiley

Something tells me he has packed up and left with whatever he can carry.  This should stall people for time..."Ahh...I still have my money its just that it is safe.  But, transactions are happening...eventually...It is not the website's fault but the Polish Banking Shutting Down Authority....and his lawyers are working on it.  Yep, I can wait before any real, meaningful inquiry.

Those of you who pressure him directly are more likely to get a refund as he stalls before Johnny Law, or Jarek Lawski since he is in Poland, catch up with him.

I have a phone number for him but I have no idea if it works.  PM me if you want it.

tronic1704

Activity: 171

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:47:13 PM

Hello,

look at the site, he has give a new Statement...

https://bitcoin-24.com/

donjoe

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:03:12 PM

That "new" statement was already quoted above.

penthrite

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:05:52 PM

The only thing i'm wondering about is to whom the money that were used to multiple-sell were taken. If it was from the buyer, we would have seen people complaining about buying 10 bitcoins and paying them as 20 or multiples, but i haven't read any. There seem to be only multiple selling instances. So where do the extra money come from? There must be a hole somewhere, just to know where it is.
johnnyf

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:10:11 PM

I've got a my lifes savings in currency and BTC in there.
Wooha. Thats a problem. But to be honest, BTCs are just an experiment. I wouldn't bet anything on just one card. Always be aware, such a thing can allways drop to 0.0 and is worthless.
johnnyf

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:15:34 PM

I've got a my lifes savings in currency and BTC in there.
Wooha. Thats a problem. But to be honest, BTCs are just an experiment. I wouldn't bet anything on just one card. Always be aware, such a thing can allways drop to 0.0 and is worthless.

Im a lot more concerned about the euro that was there than the BTC, about 60 BTC, euro was a lot more. I could only withdraw 5k a day on the daily limit. My life is over if this guy doesnt come back.

This sounds odd. Wish you all the best buddy.
x25

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:23:20 PM

Something tells me he has packed up and left with whatever he can carry. 

More likely this is a result of many mongoloids panicking in past 2 days because they couldn't get in on the "run" (transfers not showing up in their BTC24 accounts 3 seconds after they've made them), and quite few people were seemingly reporting BTC24 to police, bank, whomever.

I had no idea how many greedy idiots there are in this world until now.
TCollar

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:53:02 PM

OVH should have his old contact information.  The number I thought I had was from the OVH Whois Obsfuscator  +33.899498765 so that alone will not get you anywhere but with enough people OVH might be willing to give up his billing information.

Lots of bitcoin transaction websites are going titsup and blaming it on circumstances related to customer use and not packing up hard currency and leaving.

Did any of you research Simon Hausdorf before and realize you were giving money not to someone who set up live monetary transaction systems for a living but instead was a spikey gel haired DJ?  I mean he went from DJ to currency exchange in an instant and no one noticed?

That is the dodgy thing about bitcoin, is that hardly any of the movers and traders had anything to do with financial systems before setting up shop.  Mark Karpeles was a php programmer who bought a "Magic: The Gathering" trading card site and turned it into the outlet of the a currency that is supposed to take over the world.

Its like a Michael Lewis book that writes itself.

donjoe

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:00:09 PM

I guess this is just the kind of situation they put up warnings like this in the newbie subforum for: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33835.0

TCollar

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:06:06 PM

I guess this is just the kind of situation they put up warnings like this in the newbie subforum for: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33835.0

"Trust No One" is really just secret code for "Trust a Spikey Haired DJ Who Uses Name Cheap and OVH Whois Obsfuscation For Financial Transactions Then Blames Poland And Asks People To Wait"

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:08:28 PM

Did any of you research Simon Hausdorf before and realize you were giving money not to someone who set up live monetary transaction systems for a living but instead was a spikey gel haired DJ?  I mean he went from DJ to currency exchange in an instant and no one noticed?

I've met the guy a couple of times, so I feel I need to chime in to tell everyone to calm the fuck down.

He's an idealist.
He never took trading fees - he could've made a friggin killing with that.
He never arbitraged on his own exchange - something I pointed out to him repeatedly would be the first thing I would do given the amount of cash and BTC he could hold at other exchanges.

I do not at all think that he just up and left.
I think his venture got larger than he expected, he ran into some serious technical trouble and some dipship went crying mommy to the police, who promptly shut the place down.

He'll be accused of many many things, and I don't want to be in his place right now. I have (had?) 15k€ on my account which are probably lost, so I am probably gonna feel some hurt as well. I do hope that indeed my funds are safe and that the withdrawal request I sent to the help email will be filled.

I had a bad feeling the past few days but didn't act upon it. Too bad.
TCollar

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:13:51 PM

What exactly do you mean by "crying to the police"?  Do the police in Poland shut down a website doing financial trading because of "crying" or were they worried about a law being broken? 

So you met him a few times and he is an idealist.  But he put up a site that did financial transactions and was in over his head.  His lawyers are obviously not putting on pressure, because if they had been any good at all and if he had any juice at all before he got in this game his lawyers would have found a way to prevent "crying", so his lawyers, if they exist at all are not very talented.  Maybe his lawyers do the lights at his DJ gigs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: