Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:32:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with bitcoin-24.com WARNING! UPDATE!  (Read 38666 times)
TCollar

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 03:52:03 AM

Nobody was born a good airplane pilot either but it is not unreasonable to expect someone flying passengers to know how to fly and not unreasonable to complain when they crash.

Same with online financial transactions.

He may not have started out a scammer, but he is in a position now where he actually has to give people their stuff back or become a scammer by default.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taduliauskas

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:30:13 AM

News from "Reddit"

All money send to the BZWBK (Poland) bank account and which are still send to this account, can not be stopped. The Bank account in Poland is noch closed, it is just blocked! So all arriving payments will not send automatically back.

The Comerzbank (German bank account) is closed in 2 Month. We are not able, to send funds anymore from this bank account, because we had a very low limit on this bank account and I can't get money out of it. My lawyer is in contact with the bank on monday.

First of all, we must find the reason for all this, what happen. All we know is, that the German government asked for help from the Poland government, to close the Bank account in Poland. Some people are asking now: Why is not the Commerzbank still closed? The reason is, that it is not so easy in Germany to close an bank account within some minutes like it is in poland.

WHY does the German government closed our bank accounts and WHY do they give us no information, before they are doing this? WHY must we hear from the Polish government, what happening atm?

1 Lawyer, 1 from the Government and 2 students in Poland are helping us to get the Polish Bank account back. I am sure, that we will get the bank account back, maybe also this week! So we are able to do all payouts which are open.
    Asking the Commerzbank for more information, why they also closed our bank account, wich reason did they have to do this?
    Our lawyer is trying to get the Commerzbank account back, because there is no reason, to close our bank account.
    Setting up the trading engine again

More informations tomorrow, after my lawyer gives me a feedback if it is safe to publish that, what I am writing. It is not easy atm for me to give a statement, before it was double checked.

The situation looks quite ugly, even if there are people in government to help him. Lets hope for the best !

http://www.reddit.com/user/TAiS46

Here you can follow the progress. Looks like it's the only place were Simon contact with the public officially.
donjoe

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 11:26:51 AM

Quote from: TAiS46
yes, thats me, I have no reason to hide my self. it is not me, who must be "fucked", it is the government. official statement in this evening or tomorrow! we had no chance, to prevent this current situation.

They only pushed a button and the bank account was closed. the biggest shit is also, that we know all this thing from the poland finance ministry, and not from the german. The german told us nothing. We try also, to get a compensation from the german government for all the things happen! And I am sure, we (BTC24 Limited, my lawyers and good friend from me) can get them and pay it as a "bonus, compensation" to the BTC24 Users.
Heh, that would be very reassuring.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
numo

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 12:51:13 PM

The situation looks quite ugly, even if there are people in government to help him. Lets hope for the best !
The situation could turn out quite ugly also for the users. Everyone who sent the money to or from that account is now connected with an account suspected to be used for money laundering. Not fun  Angry
TCollar

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:28:41 PM

So his only contact with people is his one way conduit of information on Reddit?

I suspect the eventual outcome will be this:

Everything is so horribly wrong that the only outcome is that I keep everything.  Sorry.  In the mean time please read my reddit posts so that you may replace your anger at me with pity.

I predict that other bitcoin based "financial services" will end up like this soon too.  So if any of you who moved on from say Anime Enthusiast who did some php programming on the side to trading virtual currency to Ringgit and are worried about facing the death penalty in whatever Confucian country you based your business out of, you may either want to:

1. Run.  Drop shop, keep on posting reassuring things about how you are running into technical problems because bitcoins are so awesome and they should be fixed by the time your plane lands in Paraguay your upstream provider resolves the glitch.

2. PM me.  I work with financial modeling.  I will give you free advice (which will be how to hire and find a competent person to fix your site) or I will give you my own rates (I am expensive).

I expect most of you to run, and perhaps consider Paraguay for the first time after reading it here.

BitcoinFreak123

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:02:07 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2013, 06:23:12 PM by BitcoinFreak123

OMG you guys must be kidding me ??
I had a few hundreds of euros on there. not a huge deal. But i had 400 bitcoins on it too  Angry Angry My frigging' life savings.

He's not replying to my e-mail and it's more than 30 hours passed.

I want my 400 BTC back asap!

Can anyone PM me this guy his details, i am gonna sue him, i'm taking this serious, this is a shitload of money!

What do you guys think will happen?? OK, money maybe frozen, but the btc must be in there, if not, i will sue this guy.

Thanks to everyone who can help me.
horsebox1

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:30:48 PM

OMG you guys must be kidding me ??
I had a few hundreds of euros on there. not a huge deal. But i had 400 bitcoins on it too  Angry Angry My frigging' life savings.

He's not replying to my e-mail and it's more than 30 hours passed.

I want my 400 BTC back asap!

Can anyone PM me this guy his details, i am gonna sue him, i'm taking this serious, this is a shitload of money!

What do you guys think will happen?? OK, money maybe frozen, but the btc must be in there, if not, i will sue this guy.

Thanks to everyone who can help me.

You're not the only one.

If you read all the threads on it here and on reddit you'll see he's not disappeared and is working on it. Don't do anything that is going to slow him down.

I have more to lose than you do but i dont see what other option we really have at this point.
donjoe

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:35:50 PM

I'm starting to think TCollar is better ignored for now because he likes to spread FUD about this situation a little bit too much. Rational people know it's better to just wait and see what happens during the next work week rather than sling mud at Simon on this topic.

▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
TCollar

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:40:47 PM

I'm starting to think TCollar is better ignored for now because he likes to spread FUD about this situation a little bit too much. Rational people know it's better to just wait and see what happens during the next work week rather than sling mud at Simon on this topic.

OK.

I am sure everything will be fine on Monday.  The 24 year old DJ turned international money trader will sort stuff out because that is what DJs turned financiers are best at doing.

alexh

Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:53:57 PM

You're not the only one.

If you read all the threads on it here and on reddit you'll see he's not disappeared and is working on it. Don't do anything that is going to slow him down.

I have more to lose than you do but i dont see what other option we really have at this point.

Exactly, there is nothing productive for us to do if we want our money back.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:14:34 PM

The alarming thing is he hasn't mentioned a single thing about BTC (or the lack of BTC due to double trading).  If there is no issue with the BTC then open the site up to only allow withdraw of BTC.  Simple.  Suddenly the average exposure for most users is cut in half.  I would also be a good faith effort.

The fact that he hasn't done this (and has from his limited responses just ignored the concept of BTC completely) is suspicious.  My guess (just a total guess based on prior history)
a) he can't because BTC owed is > BTC available.  If true he should announce that now.  It has nothing to do w/ frozen Euros so get the truth out in the open.
b) he doesn't intend on returning the BTC.  If true I hope some users in Germany have good lawyers.
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:22:04 PM

New update from Simon on reddit. Did not get much wiser. http://www.reddit.com/user/TAiS46/
tredel

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:29:07 PM

I have a serious problem with this site.

They have locked in my coins and apparently others dont get their SEPA payments.

I would strongly suggest you stay away from that place until I have sorted this out.

Admin have answered only after 5 days, and promised to fix, BUT, Nothing happens and no answer.

No answer at ANY address!

This is serious and I welcome any help.

Has this been resolved yet?
Finski

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:30:20 PM

New update from Simon on reddit. Did not get much wiser. http://www.reddit.com/user/TAiS46/

That's good news IMHO. The case that Deutsche Bank has on him seems much thinner (albeit still a serious issue) than all the speculation and FUD that has been going around would have had us believe. Amidst all this I've actually found that Simon is an all right chap.. Although maybe a little naïve when it comes to legal issues.

EDIT: Typos...
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:37:07 PM

Possibly, but by this time he should have found the opportunity to give some concentrated info, not just another "random answers" on reddit. I for one would like to know about the status of the comerzbank account since I have 1500 euro arriving there tomorrow. Is it frozen? transaction limit? When can we expect refunds? etc.....
zemario

Activity: 194

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:02:27 AM

Copy-paste from his last message in reddit
Little Update! As some of you know, I had some problems with the German bank accounts in the past. I have solved the problem with moving to Poland and we had also never problems with them.
Why does this all happen? The "Deutsche Bank" in Germany had some phishing attacks / hacker and some funds where send to my bank account. This attacks does not stop on the "Deutsche Bank", because it seems, that it is a very stupid bank! So they closed my bank accounts in Germany and I got an invite from the German police, to tell them, what I am doing. After that I had no problems but my Bank accounts where closed. (this all happen in the start time of bitcoin-24)
In my opinion the problems where fixed. I moved to poland and make all business on the BZWBK. The Germans are now fighting against me and the "Deutsche Bank" has still the same problems, that people are sending me money from stolen bank accounts! THATS NOT MY PROBLEM! The only thing I can do now is to not accept payments from the "Deutsche Bank".
The Germans think now, that I am trying to get money with this methode. So they look now, where I have money and try to close all bank accounts.
Why in Poland? The Germans think, I am a criminal guy and they will stop the crime. They asked the poland for help and they closed my bank account in poland.
I have 7 days to make something against this, otherwise my bank account will be closed for the next 3 month! I am very sure, that we can get back the bank account in the next time. I will not give you a promise, but it is possible, that I will get back the bank account in the next week.
(sorry for my bad english)

So yeah, he is already preparing ground to make everybody wait for three months. "Just wait", typical scammer strategy, make everybody wait until the eventually loose hope of getting back what would be rightfully theirs.
He is already "giving promises" but people don't want promises, they want their money.
donjoe

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:17:19 AM

I love FUDders, don't you? They always help resolve tricky situations so much faster...
 Roll Eyes

MrBudgens

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:33:40 AM

If he is a scammer then what purpose does it serve to continue to post updates?  He has the money and the BTC so what more would he need?
Beutelschneider

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:34:55 AM

DO NOT TRUST THE BY AN NEW POSTER ANNOUNCED "ALPHA" OF BTC24

IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE TRYING TO SCAM PPL

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1c7utl/bitcoin24com_the_polish_authority_closed_your_our/c9f9fcp

EDIT:

CHECK IF POSTET IN OTHER RELATED THREADS, IF NOT, DO SO
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:36:05 AM

If he is a scammer then what purpose does it serve to continue to post updates?  He has the money and the BTC so what more would he need?

Well I am not saying he IS a scammer but Pirate for example provided "updates" for weeks before running away with the funds.  It is a psychological trick used to let someone down slowly.  At day 0 of the scam so many people are active and highly pissed off all it takes is one to track you down and feed you a brick to ruin your day.   But as the weeks role by as the victims hold out hope slowly they get use to the idea they have lost their funds and move on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: