Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:24:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with bitcoin-24.com WARNING! UPDATE!  (Read 38666 times)
donjoe

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 01:07:01 AM

DO NOT TRUST THE BY AN NEW POSTER ANNOUNCED "ALPHA" OF BTC24

IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE TRYING TO SCAM PPL
What the above meant to say was "Do NOT enter your BTC24 username and password here: alpha.bitcoin-24x.com because it's a phishing scam meant to steal your money, it's NOT a new website created by Simon Hausdorf."

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin_fanatic

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:21:55 AM

Does someone one where this guy Simon lives?
I can't seem to figure why doesn't he allows bitcoin withdrawals, this shouldn't be a problem whether his bank account is closed or not.
BEWARE people he might be a scammer, if he wasn't he would have allowed us to withdraw our bitcoins.
This situation is damn serious, this was the biggest euro market.
And now we're learning that this huge stockmarket was controlled by a youngster with no freaking experience!
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:39:20 AM

I really wish he would release our bitcoins. Let the Euros stay for a few days/weeks. But need the BTC now.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:54:33 AM

Latest news from Simon is that all passwords will be reset in the 2.0 version, I suppose this is to undo potensial scams after the phishing attempt?

Really wish he would get of his ass and give a statement concerning funds and BTCs.
EdsWow1

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:08:41 AM

last night there came also some messages via twitter:

https://twitter.com/Bitcoin24com

does not sound good to me.

Donations (btc): 1GPKvRoY8HopqGgTLAFfJxhtTRYp89Yauj ♥♥♥ THX - Muchas Gracias - Dankeschön - Merci - Cпacибo! - धन्यवाद! - شكرا - 谢谢 ♥♥♥
EdsWow1

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:15:19 AM

Is the Twitter-Account real ??

he writes there, last night:

Bank are saying, that they will support Bitcoin! But they don't. It is time for a press release, that the banks will NOT accept Bitcoins!

and then:

It is time for something new. A new big business and a very serious Company, which can not be fuc***! We will be back for sure!

this postings:

joke or real ?

Huh Huh

Donations (btc): 1GPKvRoY8HopqGgTLAFfJxhtTRYp89Yauj ♥♥♥ THX - Muchas Gracias - Dankeschön - Merci - Cпacибo! - धन्यवाद! - شكرا - 谢谢 ♥♥♥
Apraksin

Moon?

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:05:47 AM

Hard to say, he seems to think the most important thing to his customers is to get back the opportunity to trade at btc24, while what we really want is to know our funds and coins are safe. The longer he takes to convince us about this the more credibility he and his site will loose.
phlogistonq

Activity: 159

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:14:36 AM

It is also strange that he has so for not made a single comment about the bug that occurred on the last day before the site closed.
It is conceivable that despite this bug the balance is OK, i.e. the fiat/BTC available does match the sum on the accounts. Even if it doesn't the loss could be insignificant because there was little possibility to get BTC or fiat out of the site on the last day and the bug was very rare before then.

but he should tell us whether this is the case or not.

Given that he is clearly trying to comfort us, I fear the worst. Else he would have already confirmed that everyones funds are covered.
BitcoinFreak123

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:18:39 AM

What a BS. Why does he still put up that e-mail address is he doesn't respond to any e-mail.
aby

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:41:02 PM

New post from tais46, 8 minutes ago:

objection is send to the PL government! hope to get the bank account open this week. but I am sure we can clear this. I can't say a date, sorry for that.

I believe this guy is really working his butt off to clear stuff up; he's a little bit naieve though.
I trust him but I don't trust the banks he's doing business with though...
andy-bc

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:17:36 PM

objection is send to the PL government! hope to get the bank account open this week. but I am sure we can clear this. I can't say a date, sorry for that.

All this information about the "Polish government", "Polish authorities" and "closing the account" is hopelessly unclear. Without more information we might assume that the bank account was simply blocked/frozen (but not closed) by the bank due to some kind of AML procedure.

If the bitcoin-24 owner shared the contents of the official communication from the bank or from these unknown "authorities" concerning the problem, we could speculate more.
By the way, Polish bitcoin community exists and some of its members could perhaps give some useful hints, if only the bitcoin-24 owner cared to describe his problems with the Polish bank in more detail.
Apraksin

Moon?

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:49:52 PM

If the bitcoin-24 owner shared the contents of the official communication from the bank or from these unknown "authorities" concerning the problem, we could speculate more.

Agreed, these vague answers on reddit is starting to piss me off, and the mood in the reddit thread is turning quite hostile now.
aby

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:18:43 PM

I understand everyone is fucked up about the situation. I also have a five figure stake at Bitcoin24; but I do believe the guy running it is honest. His decisions have just been poor.  Reading all his messages at: http://www.reddit.com/user/TAiS46 gives me the idea he's doing his best.

He mentioned he'd come back with some answers today, so I give him the benefit of the doubt. The last thing he needs are lawsuits on top of this pile of shit. I just can't believe he's having a comfortable sleep over this; not with all his details out on public and all.

My guess is that the cause of this is indeed some kind of AML-issue. If this is indeed the case, wouldn't this be settled when all accounts are verified via propper ID?
ivanc

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:54:20 PM

On friday, I was ok to give the guy time to sort things out.
Today, i'm starting to feel a bit more angry.

Simon: do your database rollback, check for duplicates manually, reconcile your accounts and see how many bitcoins you can give back to people. We all hope not more than 10% of our bitcoins have been lost in your fucked up engine.

As for the money, as said before I had 21,000 EUR there.
My feeling is that the money is safe, but lost. On such events, banks usually freeze the money for years. Most of the time, they never give it back until a court order has been given to give the money back. It can take 5-10 years for this to happen.
aby

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:16:33 PM

On friday, I was ok to give the guy time to sort things out.
Today, i'm starting to feel a bit more angry.

Simon: do your database rollback, check for duplicates manually, reconcile your accounts and see how many bitcoins you can give back to people. We all hope not more than 10% of our bitcoins have been lost in your fucked up engine.

As for the money, as said before I had 21,000 EUR there.
My feeling is that the money is safe, but lost. On such events, banks usually freeze the money for years. Most of the time, they never give it back until a court order has been given to give the money back. It can take 5-10 years for this to happen.

Why so long?
aby

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:35:03 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2013, 07:47:16 PM by aby

Apparantly, according to the following facebook post, Simon posted a little while ago mentioning the roll-back is succesful and he is waiting for the polish bank.

https://www.facebook.com/bitcoin.24/posts/622449231101962?comment_id=7172850

Edit:

New post by Simon

http://www.reddit.com/user/TAiS46/

my lawyer is saying, which information i can give to you. also that I can't publish a ETA when we are online again. But when I say, we are back on friday, and we are not back on friday, I have much more problems.

Edit 2:

Another one
hey, it is ok to go to the police or your own lawyer. at this moment it would also help us, to make a collective suit to the banks and german government.
yucca

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 07:53:30 PM

Simon should do a quick youtube video.

Do it in German language no problem.

At least show his face and give us a quick reassurance with his voice.

aby

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:00:07 PM

I hope I'm not spamming this chat but here's more info I digged up. Just posted a few seconds ago.

-tell us how much money (in btc or $) that was lost due to the buggy engine
-tell us when you will have finished the roll back of transactions and what will be the policy
-tell us when we can start withdrawing our money
-stop talking about your bank accounts problems for a while
-stop whining about the german governement (you are faulty)
-give us updates often (at least once per day)

-all double trades where reset.
-I can't. If I give you a date, you insist on it. My lawyer told me the same
-Ok, so I will not talk again about banks and when they open the bank account again.
-I am not. My lawyer is saying the same. They have no right to close my bank account
-I am trying it as you can see!

I can understand his point of view... if he tells us a date and he can't make it, everyone will be pissed^10
...which actually is hard to imagine seeing how angry everyone is already...
TCollar

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:14:04 PM

I love FUDders, don't you? They always help resolve tricky situations so much faster...
 Roll Eyes

I hear everything is going very well now in spite of what it looks like.

Once I saw a bunch of sheep that were mutilated in a field.  I wondered if a wolf had attacked them, and then someone said "Don't cry wolf...people will jump to conclusions" so I didn't and everything was fine.

Apraksin

Moon?

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:16:13 PM

http://kuttler.eu/post/what-happened-bitcoin24/

"Hi, I have to clear some things up.
As you mentioned in your post, I said on IRC that around 6000 BTC left the Hotwallet that day and well.. I was wrong. I also included incoming transfers in my first calculation (oops) and actually "only" 4800 BTC left the Hotwallet (see: http://hastebin.com/hunetanuyo.pl). However I don't think that the trading engine bug was a big problem at all. If you look at z3c0's paste, you can see that double trades started to occur at 12:00 and the last withdrawel was at 11:03, so all money seems to be still in the system. I hope this helps some people to calm down a little Wink Thx for your blog! Keep us updated."

Good news.

Also

"Ok, here we go >
They can't say a lot, but THIS lawfirm that is mentioned on the imprint has not been doing anything this
weekend, since their lawyer for "Polish Affairs' is on holiday >
nobody called their yet about bitcoin-24, we were the first to call
Frau [edit] will get back to us tomorrow, she is the laywer for "Polish affairs" in this lawfirm, she
was on holidays, so what simon says "his laywers are busy with it" is not true, or it is another lawfirm... but
not the one on his imprint
they will however say tomorrow morning more to us, they can give some statement, but they didn't know a lot
about this , so it's not that important or not a lot is known here...
could be, because "bitcoin-24" did not ring a bell to them...
could be that this is not the lawfirm of bitcoin-24 at all...
not a lot of good info... I don't trust it
so we need to know WHICH Lawfirm represents Simon !
very important, put it on the Redditss & Facebook !
but with the "flying to poland with our laywers" it's not this lawfirm...
so we need a confirmation from Simon, who actually is his "lawfirm" because the one on his imprint didn't know
anything about it
so again, the lawfirm mentioned on bitcoin-24's imprint, probably has nothing to do with it, So we need Simon
to say, which lawfirm represents him, somebody should ask this on the reddits & facebook"

Slightly disturbing news.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: