Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:52:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with bitcoin-24.com WARNING! UPDATE!  (Read 38666 times)
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:02:27 AM

So does bitcoin-24.com still have problems? If yes, I will ask my customers to stay away from them.

Take a look https://bitcoin-24.com/

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:03:13 AM

UPDATE: Bitcoin24 users will most likely be able to withdraw BTC and $ tomorrow

http://pastebin.com/btZt178B

So can you explain how we go about withdrawing our BTC and cash? Site still says nothing..

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
huntman

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:23:52 AM

So can you explain how we go about withdrawing our BTC and cash? Site still says nothing..

This is worst experience I ever had online. This DJ sucks and fucks us all!
vibornoff

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:30:13 AM

Ohh... I'm very happy to withdraw my funds before ship happened  Cool
huntman

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:39:50 AM

Ohh... I'm very happy to withdraw my funds before ship happened  Cool

wait it gets even better.

"Q:Would it help if all users sent you "verification" material (ID, proff of residency, origin of moneu) ? A:I don't think that it would help and it has also not helped in the past".

Does anybody else feel things are not looking great with this site? I mean what could possibly go wrong, if you hand over 8 -10 millionen Euros to a 23 year DJ ?

"Q: A:i am trying really really everythiny to bet BTC24 online! i am traveling around the "world" to lawyer in poland, germany and clear all thinks. i am only at my mobile phone and trying to reach something"

the world? since when is Germany and poland the world? "Clear all things" .....lol
this better be typo or is he revealing his plans here?

NeddeN

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:42:30 AM

This is worst experience I ever had online. This DJ sucks and fucks us all!

It seems to me, we are the ones sucking him and getting fucked...
...I still wait and hope he can sort this out.

But there's one thing I really don't get, how can anyone deposit a large amount of money on a site without knowing anything about the man behind it? I lose money too, if he fucks up, but it was "gambling money", nothing that would hurt me. I would never get the idea of putting my savings there.
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:08:57 PM

think about this:
1. simon closes btc24 -> tell a good story
2. takes our bitcoins and sells them on other exchanges while the price is falling
3. waiting some days/weeks
4. buy back all those BTC for cheaper money
5. open btc24 again with all funds -> no harm to the users
6. profit!

could be. could be not...
brainzlo

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:32:53 PM

think about this:
2. takes our bitcoins and sells them on other exchanges while the price is falling
6. profit!

Sounds like the Masterplan!
Beutelschneider

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:44:15 PM

think about this:
6. profit!

Sounds like crap!

You bet on a falling price, handling a volume of 10.000 BTC for that would mean 10.000 loss/profit each $/€ moved for example. Very very risky game, i would get him for suspicion of embezzlement if he'd do this!

Other point of view is, an eye is kept on all known wallets now. It will get someones attention sooner or later, and i think he is clever enough to know that!
TCollar

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:57:17 PM

Careful everyone....You MAY be accused of spreading FUD.

There are two kinds of scammers. 

The intentional scammer, If I sold you stuff that I had no intention of sending you so that I could keep your money that would make me an intentional scammer.  I have no ASICs.  Who Wants to buy my ASICs?  (I take as much money as possible)

The Accidental Scammer.   I become a "bank" and offer to trade and invest while keeping your initial deposit safe.  I am balls-out stupid so I lose your cash and cannot repay or I am stuck, unable to conduct business legally but I have all this cash.  My intentions were good but I scammed you anyway due to my own clumsiness.

So I think Simon is falling into the accidental scammer category.  But he is not helping things by assuming an IRC log or Reddit offers any real explanation to people who have lost money (I am not one of them because I research the hell out of everyone).

Bitcoin may not be viewed as anything more than a "file" by law.  In the USA when the IRS seizes physical assets and someone claims those assets seized belonged to them and not the tax evader, then they have to produce a record that shows in some way that those assets belong to them.  So, those of you with BTC on bitcoin-24.com should start documenting a "digital trail" to the best of your ability to prove those electronic "files" belong to you and not the owner of the computer. (even then this might not work).  Also document the time and resources it took to aquire these "files" (BTC) because that might be your recompense if not the BTC themselves.

For cash, you might have it easier.  Prove it was your cash taken and they should have to return it to you.

In the US tracking assets is fairly easy because we don't have any of those privacy laws the EU and the UK have, so asset information can be found easily (like if someone claiming poverty just registered a new Mercedes) but I have no clue on the EU and how to track assets within those countries.

Good luck all and sorry you lost assets.

And Simon,  return as many BTC as possible before starting "2.0".  If you get into online financial trading again then hire someone to do the database for you who has experience in financials and can provide references that check out.

xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:12:49 PM

Careful everyone....You MAY be accused of spreading FUD.

these were just some thoughts. i am not saying that this is the reality. just the way you can make some profit with falling prices and a lot of BTCs in your hand!

i do also think that simon is a good guy and wasnt prepared for this huge bitcoin "bubble"! i do also think that losing money is our (the users of bitcoin-24) fault! because we have sent huge amounts to an exchange knowing nearly nothing about the operator -> we have learnt nothing  Undecided
ivanc

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:39:56 PM

The problem here is that Simon could easily have given our BTC back already.
Extremely easy to do. He says he's working on a withdrawal page.
If this is done within a few days, then we can be sure he didn't loose any BTC in the engine fuck ups. And pretty sure he didn't loose and fiat either.
But he hasn't done this withdrawal page yet, and it's been 5 days. So let's see until the end of the week.
TCollar

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:45:33 PM

If this is done within a few days, then we can be sure he didn't loose any BTC in the engine fuck ups. And pretty sure he didn't loose and fiat either.
But he hasn't done this withdrawal page yet, and it's been 5 days. So let's see until the end of the week.

Since he is so good at setting up exchanges I bet his withdrawal page will be both timely and flawless.

BTC:  The fastest peer to peer value transfer the world has ever seen and he needs to set up a "withdrawal page"

ivanc

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:03:57 PM

Since he is so good at setting up exchanges I bet his withdrawal page will be both timely and flawless.

BTC:  The fastest peer to peer value transfer the world has ever seen and he needs to set up a "withdrawal page"

We all know he's officially one of the worst developer in the world, so let's give him a few days for this task.

Another thing that worries me, is that he says he just hired some developer, and that the developer is doing all the database transactions fixing for him. Sounds like this "developer" has his hands on a lot of money right now with very little supervision. I wish somebody warns this Simon about such issues. I also hope people will tell Simon not to reopen Bitcoin 24. Never ever. Simon has to focus on his DJ career.
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:22:59 PM

Soo 7M€ on bank account but you still ask advice on forum for your trading engine

Simon... Srsly ?  Undecided

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
Brythe

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:25:06 PM

Tweets
 Bitcoin-24.com ‏@Bitcoin24com 14 Apr
It is time for something new. A new big business and a very serious Company, which can not be fuc***! We will be back for sure!

Expand
Bank are saying, that they will support Bitcoin! But they don't. It is time for a press release, that the banks will NOT accept Bitcoins!

Expand
Waiting for the official statement from my lawyer. Tomorrow we will publish more informations.
Expand

https://twitter.com/Bitcoin24com

Whatever that means.

It's been tomorrow twice.
Butterkeks

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:27:09 PM

Does anybody, by chance, have the account data for the Polish bank account, maybe even for the German one?
Sending my lawyer after my 15000€.

Polish bank account:
BTC24 LIMITED
IBAN: PL1810901115000000012021902PL
BANK: ZACHODNI WBK

I can probably get you the German account in a few hours.

The Bafin has nothing on bitcoin-24 and Simon.

Thanks for the info. Did you check with the FSA, too?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:36:28 PM

Well the fact that he hasn't returned the BTC isn't looking very good.  Yes bank generally speaking suck and resolving banking issues can take a while (as an example more people are compared with when PayPal freezes an account you can wait 180 days before getting a check). 

None of that has anything to do with not allowing clients to withdraw BTC.  No reason to not allow the return of BTC.  The more time passes that the BTC haven't been returned the worse it probably is.
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:41:49 PM

But the fact he's still communicate & give update

http://www.reddit.com/user/TAiS46
tonight we are working on a withdrawing page. I hope that I can publish it tomorrow in the day.

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:50:03 PM

But the fact he's still communicate & give update

http://www.reddit.com/user/TAiS46
tonight we are working on a withdrawing page. I hope that I can publish it tomorrow in the day.

I hope it works out but updates on reddit aren't worth anything.  Pirate promised a lot of stuff to a lot of people for a long time.  It didn't change the outcome.  Results are all that matter now.  If clients can remove BTC today then the fiat is likely safeish.  Worst case scenario it likely means a long delay and maybe some AML paperwork junk.  If clients still don't have their BTC today then the fiat is likely gone too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: