Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:10:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitstamp, where are my funds?  (Read 1487 times)
JohnnyPone

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:25:03 PM

Experienced the same kind of issue. Transferred BTC to my bitstamp account but my account still shows 0 BTC!

Is this a familiar issue?

Thanks!

How long have you been waiting?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:34:10 PM

I'd like to use this opportunity to ask a question that bothered me for a few days now:

I read only good things about bitstamp, and was pretty determined to sign up with them and start trading there. But then I looked at their 'about' page, noticed they're a company based in Slovenia (so far, no problem), using a bank account at a Slovenian bank for fiat transfers.

Here's the problem. Slovenian banks are under some stress, as a result of the Europe-wide banking crisis. Maybe not as bad as, say, banks in Cyprus, but probably not risk free like most banks in, say, Germany or France either. Here's the OECD report talking about the Slovenian banking problems: http://www.oecd.org/eco/surveys/slovenia-2013.htm

What I'm wondering obviously is, how safe is my money at the bank that bitstamp uses? What's the point of trading bitcoins if I am at risk of losing my fiat funds when the associated bank goes bancrupt.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
jsj1233

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:38:10 PM

Experienced the same kind of issue. Transferred BTC to my bitstamp account but my account still shows 0 BTC!

Thanks!

For a day right now. My transaction has at least been confirmed for 50 times. So my BTCs are gone but not credited to my account.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:41:49 PM

I'd like to use this opportunity to ask a question that bothered me for a few days now:

I read only good things about bitstamp, and was pretty determined to sign up with them and start trading there. But then I looked at their 'about' page, noticed they're a company based in Slovenia (so far, no problem), using a bank account at a Slovenian bank for fiat transfers.

Here's the problem. Slovenian banks are under some stress, as a result of the Europe-wide banking crisis. Maybe not as bad as, say, banks in Cyprus, but probably not risk free like most banks in, say, Germany or France either. Here's the OECD report talking about the Slovenian banking problems: http://www.oecd.org/eco/surveys/slovenia-2013.htm

What I'm wondering obviously is, how safe is my money at the bank that bitstamp uses? What's the point of trading bitcoins if I am at risk of losing my fiat funds when the associated bank goes bancrupt.

You are absolutely right, so my advice: don't hold too much fiat and a lot of Bitcoin  Grin
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:00:29 PM

Thanks!

For a day right now. My transaction has at least been confirmed for 50 times. So my BTCs are gone but not credited to my account.

Please submit a ticket or PM me your ticket ID if you already did and I'll see what I can do.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
jsj1233

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:18:02 PM

Thanks!

Please submit a ticket or PM me your ticket ID if you already did and I'll see what I can do.

Hazek have you received my PM?
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:06:26 PM

Thanks!

Hazek have you received my PM?

Answered and answered.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Laxat

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:47:53 PM

I have also transferred my money on the 10th and transferwise confirmed that the payment was sent out and it should have been received by 12PM that day. The BitStamp account still shows 0 - am getting increasingly worried.
turboblade

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:29:07 PM

I am in the same situation. Transferwise confirmed the payment completed on wednesday but has not yet appeared in my account. Support tickets have been ignored. What is going on. This is a non trivial amount of money
jsj1233

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 05:57:28 PM

My issues are solved by Bitstamp. I think that with a little patience you will be much more comfortable.

Cheers.
turboblade

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:02:51 PM

My issues are solved by Bitstamp. I think that with a little patience you will be much more comfortable.

Cheers.

I am happy to be patient if they would communicate with us and keep us informed
bitcoinscanada

Activity: 108

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:33:01 PM

Cheers.

I am happy to be patient if they would communicate with us and keep us informed

It seems that communication seems to be the trouble, along with a very turbulent couple days on the market.
1m1nd

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:43:45 PM

Funds sent on wednesday the 10th of april now cleared!!
Laxat

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:29:03 AM

Still no joy for me Sad
turboblade

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:17:09 AM

Still no joy for me Sad

Me neither, update please?
etheral

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:25:18 AM

I am happy that I didn't use them... although after the recent drop (Even though I still made a very nice profit) I decided that I don't like to gamble nor am I very good with it, although I had incredibly strong urge that my greed prevented me to sell hours before the crash
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: