Author Topic: -  (Read 6115 times)
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:31:01 PM

Pride cometh before a fall?

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Benny1985

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:32:34 PM

So when does BitCoin Megastore come back in and see that BTC has crashed, while BTC/LTC has stayed steady, and LTC is still generally strong?
khamark

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:50:43 PM

i rofled so hard when i saw that btc was so low remembering this post...
Mrkeety

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:54:22 PM

WHERE IS YOUR BITCOIN-GOD NOW??
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:50:01 PM

WHERE IS YOUR BITCOIN-GOD NOW??

I was just about to post this.  Grin Grin Grin

Tongue OP Tongue
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:55:18 PM

trollface.jpg  Cheesy
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:48:26 AM

This became one of the BEST threads in this section Grin

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Impaler

Activity: 826

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:54:14 AM

I must say the Pride-cometh-before-the-fall here is Epic.

I anticipate that BTC will in the following day or so stabilize at around half its peak value but then follow a gradual decline back into the 30-60 dollar level over a month or two.  In other words we will see a broad replication of the July 2011 bubble and crash, simply from a higher base price.  Now it's still very likely that BTC will in the long term stabilize at a price higher then what it had just before the bubble started in February, but this means that as in all bubbles people who came in late will have lost.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the alt-coins, will they fall in sync with BTC, or will their value be largely dis-connected from it.  LTC logically has potential to be disconnected because of its differing hash, on the other hand it is also closer to BTC in being 'big' (well bigger then the other alts) so it might be effected by broad public perception of crypto-currency.

I'm hopefull that alts can start to emerge out of the shadow of BTC and that their will be a movement away from the mentality that BTC and it's original protocol was some kind of perfect thing handed down by a demi-god.  But rather that the future is going to be a succession of one alt supplanting another in a potentially endless succession (or at the least keeping them from stagnating), the same standard we expect with any other piece of software.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:22:07 AM

I anticipate that BTC will in the following day or so stabilize at around half its peak value but then follow a gradual decline back into the 30-60 dollar level over a month or two.  In other words we will see a broad replication of the July 2011 bubble and crash, simply from a higher base price.  Now it's still very likely that BTC will in the long term stabilize at a price higher then what it had just before the bubble started in February, but this means that as in all bubbles people who came in late will have lost.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the alt-coins, will they fall in sync with BTC, or will their value be largely dis-connected from it.  LTC logically has potential to be disconnected because of its differing hash, on the other hand it is also closer to BTC in being 'big' (well bigger then the other alts) so it might be effected by broad public perception of crypto-currency.

I'm hopefull that alts can start to emerge out of the shadow of BTC and that their will be a movement away from the mentality that BTC and it's original protocol was some kind of perfect thing handed down by a demi-god.  But rather that the future is going to be a succession of one alt supplanting another in a potentially endless succession (or at the least keeping them from stagnating), the same standard we expect with any other piece of software.

It's really to early to say that this is a bubble.  I think it can go up or down right now.
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:49:48 AM

It's really to early to say that this is a bubble.  I think it can go up or down right now.
People don't don't economic terminology. Crash is 99% of the time misused, and bubble 95% of the time.

Of course its a bubble. You can even mathematically confirm that. That's not the question. Everything that rises is a bubble, meaning it goes over real value, but you need to speculate to make something rise (very short term up to long term), because even when something is fundamental, traders (users) have to speculate about the extent of the effect of the fundamental. The question is... Will the real value meet with the speculative value.

And the answer to that question seems to be yes. Because as much as it rose lately, the usage seems to have completely or more matched.
elvisrene

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:22:55 AM

sorry to say but litecoin is still up there and will be lot of people believe in them so that most bitcoin farmers have stop mining them and turn to litecoin because it is more profitable so yea altgods are still here and will be here bitcoin is just the beginning to things to come that is what the creator wanted . For people to be liberated form all this fucking taxs and gov and manipulation of the banks so just think about this.. 
memvola

Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:58:03 AM

Having a deterministic money supply is probably not so good as everyone thought at the beginning.

PPCoin and NovaCoin (both POS coins) are indeed interesting. I am also looking forward to MC2coin.

Is the undeterministic money supply in PPCoin and NovaCoin a side effect of PoS or is there an economic background to that? Sorry if off-topic, please direct me to a documentation if you must (assuming it exists).
com911

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:58:45 PM

So... Where is our CryptoGod now?  Cool

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:26:52 PM

I anticipate that BTC will in the following day or so stabilize at around half its peak value but then follow a gradual decline back into the 30-60 dollar level over a month or two.  In other words we will see a broad replication of the July 2011 bubble and crash, simply from a higher base price.  Now it's still very likely that BTC will in the long term stabilize at a price higher then what it had just before the bubble started in February, but this means that as in all bubbles people who came in late will have lost.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the alt-coins, will they fall in sync with BTC, or will their value be largely dis-connected from it.  LTC logically has potential to be disconnected because of its differing hash, on the other hand it is also closer to BTC in being 'big' (well bigger then the other alts) so it might be effected by broad public perception of crypto-currency.

I'm hopefull that alts can start to emerge out of the shadow of BTC and that their will be a movement away from the mentality that BTC and it's original protocol was some kind of perfect thing handed down by a demi-god.  But rather that the future is going to be a succession of one alt supplanting another in a potentially endless succession (or at the least keeping them from stagnating), the same standard we expect with any other piece of software.

This guy gets it.  As far as the altcoins, it seems like LTC has stayed relatively stable vs. BTC and some of the others have increased.

I don't think any altcoin price will be substantially decoupled from BTC until it has widespread merchant support, which (imo) LTC is the closest to attaining right now.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
VforVictory

Activity: 280

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:19:16 PM

I anticipate that BTC will in the following day or so stabilize at around half its peak value but then follow a gradual decline back into the 30-60 dollar level over a month or two.  In other words we will see a broad replication of the July 2011 bubble and crash, simply from a higher base price.  Now it's still very likely that BTC will in the long term stabilize at a price higher then what it had just before the bubble started in February, but this means that as in all bubbles people who came in late will have lost.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the alt-coins, will they fall in sync with BTC, or will their value be largely dis-connected from it.  LTC logically has potential to be disconnected because of its differing hash, on the other hand it is also closer to BTC in being 'big' (well bigger then the other alts) so it might be effected by broad public perception of crypto-currency.

I'm hopefull that alts can start to emerge out of the shadow of BTC and that their will be a movement away from the mentality that BTC and it's original protocol was some kind of perfect thing handed down by a demi-god.  But rather that the future is going to be a succession of one alt supplanting another in a potentially endless succession (or at the least keeping them from stagnating), the same standard we expect with any other piece of software.

This guy gets it.  As far as the altcoins, it seems like LTC has stayed relatively stable vs. BTC and some of the others have increased.

I don't think any altcoin price will be substantially decoupled from BTC until it has widespread merchant support, which (imo) LTC is the closest to attaining right now.

I don't really consider gambling "Merchant support". X_x
avulhop

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:43:48 PM

I don't really consider gambling "Merchant support". X_x

I think that was the point. It might finally break the 0.02 conversion rate if there were more merchants using LTC than a couple gambling sites. BTC has slowly found some adoption, but LTC's utility is nearly non-existent save for some gambling and exchange to BTC.
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:58:10 PM

Put your money where your mouth is. Oh wait, you don't have any Cheesy
tgsrge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:09:39 PM

Keep it up, Bitcoin Failstore.
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:37:38 PM

i rofled so hard when i saw that btc was so low remembering this post...

I laughed even harder looking at pathetic altcoins losing value even though they are not even traded on MtGox.  Grin
I laughed hard at your answer considering it lost less % than bitcoin.
sdp

Activity: 469
Merit: 280

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 10:56:16 PM

Most human beings are worthless, a gene pool garbage generating garbage. Worthy beings would never allow things like Atlantic garbage patch to happen.

Stay on topic if possible.

Damn... I don't imagine this guy running any kind of store will ever be successful at it.
I mean, yes customers can be difficult, but to give good customer service, you must be willing to at least TRY to see things from their view...
... If your idea of that view is from the viewpoint of "a piece of garbage", well... you're not going to see much.  Garbage doesn't have eyes.
And it probably has a huge ignore list... I mean garbage just sits there and ignores everything and stinks alot.  Cheesy

You have a way with words. Cheesy

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: