Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:21:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuge.it - Cloud Torrents  (Read 2559 times)
foojit (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 03:44:10 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a service that will allow you to get a cyberlocker link for any torrent (that is well seeded) using just your web browser. Basically you upload your .torrent (or magnet link) to us and then our servers will download and seed the torrent for you using our 100Mbit servers, which are not located in the US. The files in the cyberlocker can then be downloaded and/or zipped, and they can also be shared with others. We also accept bitcoin!

I'm still testing out the stability of the service and working out some bugs, so as of now anyone can come and use the service for free. After registration you can begin torrenting immediately with 5GB of transfer and 10GB of disk space. More transfer can easily be purchased, and if you come chat with us we will probably give you some for free.

Hopefully some of you will find it useful. Feedback is also appreciated!

Regards,
https://fuge.it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:22:47 PM

Man, this is really awesome! Grin Good job!

Question: if one purchases say the plan with 100GB / 25GB, one may download up to 25 GB worth of torrents and they will keep seeding forever? But max 100 GB bandwidth per month? And why is not duplicate accounts allowed?

foojit (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 04:27:32 PM

Man, this is really awesome! Grin Good job!

Question: if one purchases say the plan with 100GB / 25GB, one may download up to 25 GB worth of torrents and they will keep seeding forever? But max 100 GB bandwidth per month? And why is not duplicate accounts allowed?

Thanks a lot!

The 100GB / 25GB plan means that you get 100GB worth of seedbox transfer and 25GB of disk space. If you purchase a plan your transfers will not be removed until you run out of bandwidth (and even then they stay for 7 days in case you decide to buy more).

The reason dupes are not allowed is because right now we're giving away bandwidth for free just for signing up (also a referrer program with 10GB prize), and we don't want people to abuse those systems. For paid users it's not really a concern, but right now we want to attract newcomers, so we are letting people try for free (and will do so as long as we possibly can).

Thanks again for checking it out and for the feedback Smiley
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:36:09 PM

So let's imagine that I buy 1000 GB of seedbox transfer and 250 GB of disk space 10 times in a row... Will I then have 2.5 TB storage and 10TB bandwidth? Meaning that, I could upload 2.5 TB worth of torrents and as long as nobody downloads them they will stay there forever? But if I share them and the bandwidth is used up and reaches 0, the files will be purged after 7 days? am I missing something here?

foojit (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 04:51:02 PM

So let's imagine that I buy 1000 GB of seedbox transfer and 250 GB of disk space 10 times in a row... Will I then have 2.5 TB storage and 10TB bandwidth? Meaning that, I could upload 2.5 TB worth of torrents and as long as nobody downloads them they will stay there forever? But if I share them and the bandwidth is used up and reaches 0, the files will be purged after 7 days? am I missing something here?

That is correct, the bandwidth and disk space would just get added on to the total amount allotted for your account. As long as you didn't run out of bandwidth then the files and transfers would remain running. The transfers themselves get auto-removed after you run out of transfer, but the files themselves would remain in your cyberlocker for at least 30 days.

Now that you put forth that scenario, I do see how the disk space could become a problem if someone is just hoarding their seedbox transfer. I will have to give it some thought and come up with a way to prevent that from occurring, but the most likely obvious solution will be to implement a time limit on paid accounts. This way after X amount of time (6 months?) a paid user will get reverted back to a free account and then the timed limit on files would apply.

We're still in the pretty early stages of development, so there are lots of things we're still working out. If you have any suggestions please feel free to share and we will definitely take them into consideration. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: