Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:43:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Betsofbitcoin: Bet if BTC value will reach $200 before 1st May  (Read 2323 times)
protokol (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:43:19 PM

So I bet on this a week or so ago, and it hit $200 today but the bet is still unsettled.

I was a bit confused, so I just bet on it again, and it let me place the bet?

I thought if the bet was settled before the deadline, then bets would be closed, can anyone enlighten me?

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1433  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
strikegold

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 05:46:40 PM

Bet deadline: April 30, 2013 end of day Eastern Time  but you probably win anyway  Grin
protokol (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:50:19 PM

Bet deadline: April 30, 2013 end of day Eastern Time  but you probably win anyway  Grin

I thought that but according to the bet statement:

"Statement for betting: "The Mt Gox trade price of bitcoin will reach or exceed $200.00 prior to May 1st 2013"
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:01:50 PM

I thought that but according to the bet statement:

"Statement for betting: "The Mt Gox trade price of bitcoin will reach or exceed $200.00 prior to May 1st 2013"

Sounds like you won to me, it said nothing about staying above either, just that it had to cross the line in time.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
protokol (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:24:41 PM

Aaah the bettings closed now, and the bet I placed just now looks like it's been refunded, so it's all good.
Just put another bet on $350 before May 1st, GOOO BITCOIN!!
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:07:20 PM

Push incoming.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 07:17:50 PM

Push incoming.

Damn Straight!

Bitcoin will reach $200 by May 1st 2013

Statement for betting: "The Mt Gox trade price of bitcoin will reach or exceed $200.00 prior to May 1st 2013"

The price will be checked on Mt Gox and bitcoincharts.com to verify whether this has occurred.

Editor's note: Threshold passed.

Where the fuck is it stipulated anywhere what the symbol $ represents? There is no motherfuckin' why that it can be viewed upon as the US dollar, given that a myriad of other countries use the same symbol, of which citizens of those countries all participate on their site.

The $ symbol is not even stipulated anywhere on their site as to what country it should be pegged to, and shouldn't be taken for granted that it's of the US dollar.

I'm sure I can hunt down at least one country that uses the $ symbol in their currency that would make this bet null and void, thus a push.

This bet is more ambiguous than the BFL April bet.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:19:39 PM

Push incoming.

Damn Straight!

Statement for betting: "The Mt Gox trade price of bitcoin will reach or exceed $200.00 prior to May 1st 2013"

The price will be checked on Mt Gox and bitcoincharts.com to verify whether this has occurred.

Where the fuck is it stipulated anywhere what the symbol $ represents? There is no motherfuckin' why that it can be viewed upon as the US dollar, given that a myriad of other countries use the same symbol, of which citizens of those countries all participate on their site.

The $ symbol is not even stipulated anywhere on their site as to what country it should be pegged to, and shouldn't be taken for granted that it's of the US dollar.

I'm sure I can hunt down at least one country that uses the $ symbol in their currency that would make this bet null and void, thus a push.

You have turned into quite an angry person...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 07:25:32 PM

Push incoming.

Damn Straight!

Sadly, there's a little truth to your assessment, and with that, I apologize.

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:26:39 PM

Push incoming.

Damn Straight!

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~
Sorry, it's just I haven't seen any post from you that doesn't involve at least one instance of "fuck" or "fucking" in recent times.  Glad to hear that is not the case.
justusranvier
Legendary

Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:29:13 PM

Given the circumstances being a bit angry is entirely understandable.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 07:33:16 PM

Push incoming.

Damn Straight!

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~
Sorry, it's just I haven't seen any post from you that doesn't involve at least one instance of "fuck" or "fucking" in recent times.  Glad to hear that is not the case.

Blow me!  Grin

Later, bud.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:34:06 PM

Push incoming.

Damn Straight!

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~

Blow me!  Grin

Later, bud.
Thanks for the offer, I'll pass!
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:18:28 PM

Push incoming.

Damn Straight!

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~

Blow me!  Grin

Later, bud.
Thanks for the offer, I'll floss!

Before or after?!

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: