Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:09:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I asked Bloomberg for a Bitcoin/USD ticker symbol....  (Read 2801 times)
DutchBrat (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:53:44 PM

Don't know if this is the right section, but I just asked Bloomberg support for a Bitcoin/USD ticker symbol.... Apparently they have had more requests for it and are looking into supporting it:

Me: Good afternoon,

With Bitcoin being in the news and a lot of traders watching it (has been featured on BBG TV), is there any chance Bloomberg will make a Bitcoin/Usd ticker?

BBG Help: at this time, we do not have bitcoin on Bloomberg - however, we are tracking interest in this for our business managers and I will add you to a request to get bitcoin pricing on Bloomberg. Just so I can provide some more information on why clients are interested in it, can you clarify why you're looking at it, what exactly you would most like to see/do on Bloomberg with it, etc.?

Me: Thanks, I like to be able to get price history, graphing capabilities, some technical analysis and be able to follow headlines on Bitcoin. It is an interesting currency concept which is gaining traction. It is an interesting currency concept which is gaining traction. Hopefully we will be able to trade it in a professional manner soon

BBG Help: Great, we will add your inquiry to the request so you will be notified should it be implemented.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrmx

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

To fix or not to fix.

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:01:27 PM

Don't know if this is the right section, but I just asked Bloomberg support for a Bitcoin/USD ticker symbol.... Apparently they have had more requests for it and are looking into supporting it:

Me: Good afternoon,

With Bitcoin being in the news and a lot of traders watching it (has been featured on BBG TV), is there any chance Bloomberg will make a Bitcoin/Usd ticker?

BBG Help: at this time, we do not have bitcoin on Bloomberg - however, we are tracking interest in this for our business managers and I will add you to a request to get bitcoin pricing on Bloomberg. Just so I can provide some more information on why clients are interested in it, can you clarify why you're looking at it, what exactly you would most like to see/do on Bloomberg with it, etc.?

Me: Thanks, I like to be able to get price history, graphing capabilities, some technical analysis and be able to follow headlines on Bitcoin. It is an interesting currency concept which is gaining traction. It is an interesting currency concept which is gaining traction. Hopefully we will be able to trade it in a professional manner soon

BBG Help: Great, we will add your inquiry to the request so you will be notified should it be implemented.

This could be huge! Any media exposure is key to bitcoin expansion Smiley

MrMx
Wuabit: Bitcoin within Whatsapp! https://wuabit.com
alberthendriks

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:49:03 PM

Holy mother of all cows...
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:52:28 PM

Well written request DutchBrat.  The good news is Bloomberg doesn't want another company to move first so it is only a matter of when not if.  The more requests they get from existing clients the more likely it will get priority.
Nova!

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:05:19 PM

Well written request DutchBrat.  The good news is Bloomberg doesn't want another company to move first so it is only a matter of when not if.  The more requests they get from existing clients the more likely it will get priority.

I'm not allowed to say that I know of a major trading platform that already supports BTC/N & N/BTC pair symbols for all possible pairs from Bloomberg, effectively making BTC just another currency at a major forex.  I'm also not allowed to say that the software went into test in January and is just waiting for Bloomberg to flip the switch.
If this were true though the price of bitcoins would skyrocket to around $500 before staying settled at around $225, but it wouldn't be MtGox doing the exchange.

I hate NDA's Smiley

Donate @ 1LE4D5ERPZ4tumNoYe5GMeB5p9CZ1xKb4V
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:11:06 PM

It would then be great to have this maybe existing broker also invest a few hours of developer time to get quotes to bitcoincharts as a kind of charity/community outreach act. Maybe. Wink

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 03:02:06 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1k3a7j/bitcoin_bloomberg_ticker/

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: