Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:03:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any interest in cryptography based challenges for a prize? (Crowd funded) (read)  (Read 472 times)
0x0010 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

female ;)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 06:33:37 PM

Hi, so here's what I'm suggesting.

PLAN:
Bitcoin/Cryotography related challenges with a monetary prize based on the difficulty of the challenge. The challenges would be based on four levels:

- Easy
- Intermediate
- Hard
- Advance

For example, a thread would be titled with...

"Challenge #1 - Find the PRIVKEY! (0.005 btc) - EASY."

The content would be widely different, depending on who made the challenge. Most of the times I'll make them but I'll happily take ideas/threads from people who wouldn't mind helping. Here's an example for the title I used.

-

A privatekey is generated and posted into a private pastebin link. Each value of the link (letters, periods, etc) will be taken apart and encrypted into an MD5 hash.

ie: w, w, w, ., p... you get the idea. So around 20 hashes. Then we will post them all in seperate lines, and at the top put a hint. "Crack and connect the dots."

That's just one example off the top of my head, challenges will be much more fun and thoroughly thought of.

Okay you fat nerd, what's the point of this?

I believe that cryptography is something that many people are interested in but they don't know where to start, so I feel that this might help people learn about it, want to learn about it, get interested in the subject, kill boredom, learn something new, etc.

• Educational
  • Fun

WHAT DO YOU MEAN CROWDFUNDED???

What i mean by that is anyone who is interested in funding the challenges is free to help out and donate a little bit. I OBVIOUSLY will not hold the funds and we will get a trusted escrow to hold them so everyone feels safer. I'll just be in charge of making threads and stuff.

Anyway that's a rough draft that I wrote at 5:34am on an iPad so give me a break :p

But yeah, would anyone be interested in this?

keybase.io/0x0010
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
invitalia

Activity: 180
Merit: 101

The impossible is in your mind

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 04:36:58 AM

i would probably be
but maybe if there was
something like website hackthis.org

Telegram @orionssoftware
The cryptomusician
Bitrated user: hwmining.
0x0010 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

female ;)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 09:44:12 AM

Thanks for the reply, not sure what you mean exactly.

Do you mean a website with the challenges where people progress? If so, that is something I am planning on making so stay tuned :p

keybase.io/0x0010
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: